PDA

View Full Version : Seal Team 6. Formally known as.....

Sev
05-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Cheney's assassination team by the democrats.

Just thought that piece of trivia would be of interest.

So the demoncrats were against them before they were for them.

Far be it for me to suggest that their may be some hypocrisy here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Sev
05-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Semore Hirsh:

"Its nothing more than and executive assassination team."

pooltchr
05-03-2011, 12:57 PM
It's too bad they weren't deployed to dispose of Saddam....could have saved our country and theirs a lot of trouble.

Now that I think about it, I believe I made that same suggestion prior to the Iraq invasion.

They can be so efficient and effective.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Seems to me that you are grasping at straws.
The majority of Americans cheered the demise of OBL; but you are claiming that it is hypocrisy now for the left to cheer? Even the ones that lost loved ones in the 9/11 attack, or in fighting in the currant wars? I forgot, you guys believe only Republicans are doing combat duty....
This was good news for all Americans, both Democrats and Republicans, IMHO....it seems that only Rush and a few here are taking the cheering by the left, as a personal affront....
"I know that deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties" you may be secretly pleased about this news. Alive, OBL
remained a threat to Israel.
In reply to the Geronimo mention....I think the majority of Americans back then cheered when he was caught. Their 9/11 attack was at the Alamo.

Sev
05-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Not at all.
I am exceedingly happy with the mission that Obama approved.

However I am pointing out the hypocrisy of the left in condemning Bush and Cheney and then turing around utilizing the same methodology.

Its pretty disingenuous.

LWW
05-03-2011, 02:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems to me that you are grasping at straws.</div></div>

Seems to me you are grasping in the dark for a way to doublethink your way through this.

LWW
05-03-2011, 02:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The majority of Americans cheered the demise of OBL; but you are claiming that it is hypocrisy now for the left to cheer?</div></div>

I don't think that was his point.

I think his point was that it is hypocrisy for the left to say this was an assassination team when Bush used it and then cheer for it when Obama used it.

LWW
05-03-2011, 02:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I forgot, you guys believe only Republicans are doing combat duty....</div></div>

Not 100% ... but close.

How many democrooks in congress have kids in the military?

LWW
05-03-2011, 02:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In reply to the Geronimo mention....I think the majority of Americans back then cheered when he was caught. Their 9/11 attack was at the Alamo. </div></div>

When the battle of the Alamo happened, Geronimo was not quite 7 years old.

The Alamo was not a US installation. It was also not staffed by US service personnel.

The Alamo was a small outpost staffed by the Texian army during the Texas Revolutionary War.

Geronimo also fought against the Mexicans as an adult.

Your lack of historical knowledge is no longer disappointing, but expected.

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 03:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Far be it for me to suggest that their may be some hypocrisy here </div></div>
Good thing that you didn't as you would look pretty stupid if you had...imo

LWW
05-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Tell me some more about Geronimo attacking the Alamo and killing the Texian army when he was 6.

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 06:17 PM
I have never heard that story...therefore I could not have made that statement. But, since you have now posted it, do you have a link to that or,do you have some other source that you can accredit it to, other then your latest brain fart?

pooltchr
05-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Woofie...you need to look up more often. That entire post went right over your head.

Maybe if you go back and read it again when you are sober, you might get it.

Steve

Sev
05-05-2011, 06:41 AM
Hey there is now no talk about repealing the Patriot Act.

I wonder why?

LWW
05-05-2011, 05:09 PM
The left now believes they were for the PA the entire time ... and Bush opposed it.

Sev
05-05-2011, 06:55 PM
They must get dizzy running in circles.

LWW
05-06-2011, 04:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They must get dizzy running in circles. </div></div>

Like their arses are on fire no less.

Sev
05-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Its funny they wont admit it was the Bush era programs in infrastructure that let to Obama's execution. Even in the face of the MSM pointing it out. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 09:02 AM
They will never admit that anything Bush did was good.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 12:56 PM
If you want to give Bush accolades for the operation,go for it.
Most Americans give the credit to the brave SEAL team, carrying out the CinC's directive.

eg8r
05-06-2011, 02:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most Americans give the credit to the brave SEAL team, carrying out the CinC's directive.
</div></div>How on earth do you continue to miss the boat? The lion's share of credit go to our military for the fantastic work they did in designing and executing the strategy used to take OBL down. Obama derserves credit for making the tough decision to give the go ahead knowing that it was on Pakistani soil and there could have been repercussions. I am glad that he was man enough to do it. Lastly I believe Bush and our intelligence community deserve some kudos also (more so for the intelligence community). Bush, like Obama, got out of the way of the CIA and such and allowed them to do their job instead of listening to detractors who were more worried about the feelings of terrorists than capturing Obsama.

eg8r

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 02:14 PM
you have changed your mind then...you now approve of the mission; even the killing of OBL? Then it would seem, we are on the same page....I just finished coloring in mine before they gave you your crayons?

Sev
05-06-2011, 03:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want to give Bush accolades for the operation,go for it.
Most Americans give the credit to the brave SEAL team, carrying out the CinC's directive.
</div></div>

I said Bush era. Not George Bush specifically.

It must be tough being so confused all the time.

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 04:32 PM
I don't seem to have a problem with it...
odd it is that now it is the "Bush Era," and that you are able to mentally separate Bush from the Bush era.
Perhaps then, your claim is that he was just a product, or a victim, of those times.
I'll have a few drinks later on tonite, and try to see if that makes any sense?

eg8r
05-06-2011, 05:10 PM
No you idiot, this is just the first time you have shut up and actually read what I have posted. Find one single post of mine where I was against the mission.

eg8r

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 05:31 PM
I think you are just upset because it wasn't done under GW's watch,
else why would you spend so much of your time trying to minimize any role that President Obama had in the operation?
I think that unlike GW, he made it a top priority...and it is understood ? I would think that he did not lead the team of SEALS that ....."goterdone"

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Ever listen to the coach after a win? You will not hear the good ones say "I came up with a great game plan, and I made sure we studied the other team films, and I called all the right plays at the right time".

No, a good coach stands up and compliments the quarterback, the assistant coaches, the defensive line, etc.

A good coach knows he is just supporting the people who actually go out and work to get the job done.

Now I know this might be difficult for you, but try real hard to see if you can grasp that concept and maybe apply it here.

You might need to crack open that bottle first!

Steve

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 06:01 PM
This wasn't a touch football game......try another analogy.
I think there are many radical sites that would welcome such amazing criticism as you have been able to come up with.
"AS Harry S. Truman once said "The buck stops here"
The phrase was made famous by president Truman, who had a sign on his desk saying "the buck stops here," meaning he was willing to take the ultimate responsibility for the decisions of his administration." (as President Obama was doing)
Try carping over on the other site....you'll have many more over there that will appreciate your nit-picking

LWW
05-06-2011, 06:32 PM
What Truman did has no relevance when speaking of Obama.

Tell me again about Geronimo attacking the Alamo at age 6.

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Go easy on him. He's obviously been drinking again.

Steve

Stretch
05-06-2011, 08:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This wasn't a touch football game......try another analogy.
I think there are many radical sites that would welcome such amazing criticism as you have been able to come up with.
"AS Harry S. Truman once said "The buck stops here"
The phrase was made famous by president Truman, who had a sign on his desk saying "the buck stops here," meaning he was willing to take the ultimate responsibility for the decisions of his administration." (as President Obama was doing)
Try carping over on the other site....you'll have many more over there that will appreciate your nit-picking
</div></div>

Wolf, you must understand that Obama is Republican enemy #1. That means, in their eyes he's screwed if the mission went great, and he's screwed if the mission was a disaster. There will always be something wrong with how things are done. That's a given from the radical right. St.

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Possibly one of the most outrageous posts ever made, coming from someone who still exhibits total hate for the last president.

Can you honestly say you think the administration has done a good job handling this whole thing after the fact? I'm not talking about the mission itself, as it was about as good as military operations can get. And we have all admitted that Obama made the right call when he signed off on the mission. Some of us believe that is where any credit ends. To suggest that he planned the operation is beyond believability for most reasonable people, and laughable for anyone who knows how the military operates.

We are talking about what has happened since then...starting with the rush to get rid of the body, and going through multiple conflicting stories coming directly from the White House. Do you believe the White House has done a good job in the past week???

Steve

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 09:27 PM
I understood that as long as the mission was a success,they would claim he had little to do with it's planning...but had the mission gone awry....they would have piled on the blame.
What really matters though is OBL has been dealt with....and while we can expect retaliation for that.....I'd guess that OBL was also planning another attack against Americans,.... in all probability.

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 09:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....I'd guess that OBL was also planning another attack against Americans,.... in all probability.
</div></div>

You really don't pay attention to the news, do you??? They are already reporting that they discovered plans for an attack on the 9/11 anniversary.

You should really get out of your cave more often.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 09:54 PM
In my defense I can only say, I did not attend one of our Military Academies as you have, Commodore. I also have not had the news on all day as I was waiting for it to be spoon fed to me by Al Gore, and didn't want to miss his call.

pooltchr
05-07-2011, 06:06 AM
I suspected as much.

Steve

LWW
05-07-2011, 06:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also have not had the news on all day as I was waiting for it to be spoon fed to me by Al Gore, and didn't want to miss his call. </div></div>

Let that one live/

Sev
05-07-2011, 07:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also have not had the news on all day as I was waiting for it to be spoon fed to me by Al Gore, and didn't want to miss his call. </div></div>

Let that one live/ </div></div>

Got to admit that is a good one. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LWW
05-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Only one of many from the woofer.