PDA

View Full Version : 9Ball Break WHen Gettng The Wild8?

Sid_Vicious
05-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Ok, your wild8 is racked in the second row behind the one. Is there a particular best place on the table to break from to get the most success on the 8, and does adding english in anyway aid that possibility of cheesing the 8? tia...sid

Deeman3
05-04-2011, 06:14 PM
I'd break from the side opposite the 8 but not sure that has any basis in fact since I never get the 8! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Bambu
05-05-2011, 09:17 AM
I'd say english isnt worth it on the break. Those first 2 spots are kinda dead anyway, so it would be a pretty random chance to sink the 8(english or not).

mlwjoplinmo
06-09-2011, 03:47 AM
In my experience, I like to break from the opposite side of the wild ball if it's racked behind the one. Use just a touch of low right and if everything works out you will send it towards the opposite side. In most cases it's the same break if your trying to make the one in the side except this ball is banking over.

Sid_Vicious
06-09-2011, 01:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mlwjoplinmo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In my experience, I like to break from the opposite side of the wild ball if it's racked behind the one. Use just a touch of low right and if everything works out you will send it towards the opposite side. In most cases it's the same break if your trying to make the one in the side except this ball is banking over. </div></div>

This has been my recent experience over the issue. That tad of low right really does have a way to roll the 8 back to the side pocket. sid

Soflasnapper
06-15-2011, 12:25 PM
I won on the hill that way getting the CALLED 8 (obviously allowed to call on the break and it counted, although that may not be standard for called balls).

Maybe went a ball or two off center kitchen line for the cue ball placement, used two tips of center-right on the cue ball, and tried to hit the 1-ball full. The 8, which was on the left side of the second row, went cross-side as I had called.

Look on my stronger opponent's face? Priceless!