PDA

View Full Version : Another take on the OBL news:

wolfdancer
05-04-2011, 05:31 PM
"My first reaction to Sunday's news that U.S. forces had killed Osama bin Laden in a daring raid was charmingly post-partisan.
"This is not a triumph for President Barack Obama, I thought, it's a triumph for the United States the skill and perseverance of our military and intelligence gathering operations. It's not a moment to be Democrats or Republicans, conservatives or liberals, but a moment to be united as Americans, happy and proud at the dispatch of our greatest single enemy on the planet."
From the Chicago Tribune dateline May 03,2001...by Eric Zorn
EZ (http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/) lots more to the column
As I am not the author of this excellent commentary ..... please forward any dissenting comments re: Mr. Zorn's column to the Chicago Tribune. I just happen to agree with him, and probably couldn't have written it better myself.
(probably?) lol

pooltchr
05-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Very well stated.

Steve

sack316
05-04-2011, 09:00 PM
I liked that.

Sack

LWW
05-05-2011, 03:16 AM
You should read the rest of the piece.

By the end they are drooling over Obama.

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 05:45 AM
I didn't need to read the rest of if. The very first statement, that this is NOT a victory for Obama, but a victory for America was enough.

Our military, and intelligence organizations have been working on getting him for 10 years. Everything came together last week, and it wouldn't have mattered if Obama or Daffy Duck were in the white house, he was going down.

Steve

eg8r
05-05-2011, 07:17 AM
I agree with Mr. Zorn. I do not think this great victory has anything to do with politics and Dem vs Rep. This is just a great American victory.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-05-2011, 10:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "My first reaction to Sunday's news that U.S. forces had killed Osama bin Laden in a daring raid was charmingly post-partisan.
"This is not a triumph for President Barack Obama, I thought, it's a triumph for the United States the skill and perseverance of our military and intelligence gathering operations. It's not a moment to be Democrats or Republicans, conservatives or liberals, but a moment to be united as Americans, happy and proud at the dispatch of our greatest single enemy on the planet."
From the Chicago Tribune dateline May 03,2001...by Eric Zorn
EZ (http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/) lots more to the column
As I am not the author of this excellent commentary ..... please forward any dissenting comments re: Mr. Zorn's column to the Chicago Tribune. I just happen to agree with him, and probably couldn't have written it better myself.
(probably?) lol
</div></div>

Good article, and I especially like the ending...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since Carter took the blame for failure, Obama gets the credit for success.

Fair's fair.

</div></div>

Yesterday, on Joe Scarborough, none other than Rudy Guliano, stated that in these important special ops, operations, even when they run into unavoidable obstructions to the mission, and fail, President's should still be given accolades, for trying.

This mission succeeded, because President Obama, took the time to "dither" lol, IOW, contemplate every possibility, and take time enough, to lay the best plans possible, INCLUDING GIVING THE OK ACCORDING TO THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE MOON, unlike some of the colossally ignorant, and irrational accusations, that the timing was based on politics.

G.

llotter
05-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Oh yes, The Moron is so damn brilliant that he can plan this great escapade but he can't get the story straight of what happened. I swear, Gayle, your admiration of his meaningless teleprompter skill has blinded you to reality...the guy is as dumb as a rock.

Gayle in MD
05-05-2011, 11:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yes, The Moron is so damn brilliant that he can plan this great escapade but he can't get the story straight of what happened. I swear, Gayle, your admiration of his meaningless teleprompter skill has blinded you to reality...the guy is as dumb as a rock. </div></div>

There's a moron around, but he's out of office....

eg8r
05-05-2011, 12:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This mission succeeded, becaue President Obama, took the time to "dither" lol, IOW, contemplate every possibility, and take time enough, to lay the best plans possible, INCLUDING GIVING THE OK ACCORDING TO THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE MOON, unlike some of the colossally ignorant, and irrational accusation, that the timing was based on politics.
</div></div>You have been watching way too much Hollywood. I give him credit for giving the go ahead but that is it. To think he had even minute input into how the mission took place or the success of it is just nuts. The President approves the mission, he does not help design it or lay it out.

I don't think this decision was based on politics at all and ultimately Obama gets the credit for the success but to start tacking on other things relevant to the work of the military and our warfighters is just going too far.

eg8r

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Gayle, it's futile to reply to this group. They complained that OBL was unarmed when he was killed, and now they want to discredit
any role that President Obama had in it, even though he had to give the orders. The rest of America only cares that justice has prevailed. I think it unpatriotic to demean in any way...the entire operation.

Gayle in MD
05-05-2011, 01:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This mission succeeded, becaue President Obama, took the time to "dither" lol, IOW, contemplate every possibility, and take time enough, to lay the best plans possible, INCLUDING GIVING THE OK ACCORDING TO THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE MOON, unlike some of the colossally ignorant, and irrational accusation, that the timing was based on politics.
</div></div>You have been watching way too much Hollywood. I give him credit for giving the go ahead but that is it. To think he had even minute input into how the mission took place or the success of it is just nuts. The President approves the mission, he does not help design it or lay it out.

I don't think this decision was based on politics at all and ultimately Obama gets the credit for the success but to start tacking on other things relevant to the work of the military and our warfighters is just going too far.

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> That's because you didn't hear Brennan's full description of how things went along.

Go watch it, the clip of his press conference. I already mentioned it, it on MSNBC's website.

Obama laid out the preameters, in meetings with our Military leaders, the CIA, homeland security, and Special Ops top man.

He was in on every single decision, and every single perameter, of what had to be in place, before they went in.

You admit you don't watch television, then you accuse others of not knowing what they're talking about. </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Laying out the parameters? You mean like...go get him, bring him out dead or alive, and get him out of the country so we can dispose of the body ASAP?

I really hate to see you making such a fool of yourself. Obama has absolutely zero military training or background. To even suggest that he was responsible for planning the operation, even down to how bright the moon was, is just plane ignorant.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-05-2011, 01:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Laying out the parameters? You mean like...go get him, bring him out dead or alive, and get him out of the country so we can dispose of the body ASAP?

I really hate to see you making such a fool of yourself. Obama has absolutely zero military training or background. To even suggest that he was responsible for planning the operation, even down to how bright the moon was, is just plane ignorant.

Steve </div></div>

Plane ignorant, huh?

LMAO!

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Play on words, girlie...and you didn't address the point of the post....which I know you didn't read, because you don't read my posts!

Steve

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 02:38 PM
There was no point to your post...it was just "plane" ignorant imo
Your group here, iz all worked up because under President Obama's tenure, our military accomplished something that GWB wasn't even interested in doing, according to one of his statements. But that was understandable, considering the family's business relationship?
Maybe President Barack Obama made it a priority?
I'd be more interested in what the leaders of the free world have to say, then any..."you didn't even give him a chance" carping by the right. I'd like to quote the dissenting comments made here by your group.....and place them on a full page of the NY Times. I think the reaction to that...might be pretty interesting.
"CCB Republicans decry use of excessive force, and killing of an unarmed civilian. They demand a "My Lai" type trial, with President Obama named as the new Lt. Calley !"

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 02:44 PM
You're trying to change the subject, woofie.
Do you honestly believe that anyone with zero military background or training would play anything more than a minor role in the planning and execution of what may be the most important and high visibility military operation in recent history?

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-05-2011, 03:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're trying to change the subject, woofie.
Do you honestly believe that anyone with zero military background or training would play anything more than a minor role in the planning and execution of what may be the most important and high visibility military operation in recent history?

Steve </div></div>

No. we're saying that a brilliant man, has enough sense to listen to his advisors, and add his own perameters to the plan.

After all, it is his ass in a sling, if anything does wrong, and statements, which I have provided, say just that.

Even Gates stated, that President Obama was more apt to bring everyone into the planing discussions, unlike W., who jabbed experts in the chest, and told them to keep going back and digging, until they could find something that fit his agenda, and bring him what he wanted.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

This man is no chimp, he'd able to digest information, and add additional fail safe methods, which is exactly what Brennan said he did.

You do know who Brennan is?
G.

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 03:43 PM
I see. So now you are saying it was his advisors who came up with the plan, and Obama was there to give it his approval.

That is the point I was trying to make all along. If you would get off your high horse and try to be a reasonable participant here, you might have already figured that out.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 03:55 PM
As I told you before.....(are you s-l-o-w)?
I believe he acted on the info he got from his advisers, and he is not only taking the credit, but also taking the heat.
It's what most Presidents would, and should do. You can carp all you want about who did what to whom....but in the overall scheme of things.....your hatred of our President will not alter the fact....that OBL is dead, and that Our President made the executive decision to "get him"
That "works for me" but then I was never in any boardroom, except to clean it, maybe?

Gayle in MD
05-05-2011, 04:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> As I told you before.....(are you s-l-o-w)?
I believe he acted on the info he got from his advisers, and he is not only taking the credit, but also taking the heat.
It's what most Presidents would, and should do. You can carp all you want about who did what to whom....but in the overall scheme of things.....your hatred of our President will not alter the fact....that OBL is dead, and that Our President made the executive decision to "get him"
That "works for me" but then I was never in any boardroom, except to clean it, maybe? </div></div>

Watch the C-span video. Brennan, giving the press conference on how the operation went down, including the Presidents "list" of everything that had to be perfected, and in place before it was lunched, including the list of perameters, which had to be met, before launching.

Some people can't absorb the fact, that a brilliant man, who listen's first, and directs afterward, could be so successful in accomplishing what two former presidents, one of them also a brilliant man, couldn't bring about.

Again, Obama wrote about this very plan, ten years ago, in a news article, and it was precisely the plan that was used.

Brennan made it very clear, who led this mission, and laid out the prameters, President Obama, ONLY AFTER getting all the input from experts in the field, he then wrote out a "must have perfected" list, and gave it to them.

When they had everything he wanted perfected, he gave the order....
g.

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 04:25 PM
10 years ago, he was just an unknown state senator, with still no military training or expertise.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 04:41 PM
amazing then, "what a difference a day makes"
And now..."You've Come a Long Way, Baby"
What he was 10 yrs ago; before he climbed his "corporate ladder", does not take anything away from what he is today. Seems to me that he has more or less, been preparing all his life for high office

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Living proof that the Peter Principle is alive and well.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 12:57 AM
that's the same thought I had about you .....now are you going to report me to the admin for having a "thoughtcrime" (1984)

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 05:12 AM
I'm sorry. I made the assumption that you might actually know what the Peter Principle is.

Silly me...

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-06-2011, 05:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see. So now you are saying it was his advisors who came up with the plan, and Obama was there to give it his approval.

That is the point I was trying to make all along. If you would get off your high horse and try to be a reasonable participant here, you might have already figured that out.

Steve </div></div>

NO I am not saying that.

In fact, why dont you just do a bit of reading, and studying, and you might be informed enough to discuuss the subject.

The President sets the mission. The President, calls all experts together, to study together, the best way to acheive the mission.

Gates stated, that president Oboma was much more likely to encourage his advisors to take an active part, in meetings, to the point, he won't let anyone sit silently, without giving their input, which is a huge difference, from Bush, who set the policy, and then demanded enough cherry picking to justify it, after the fact.

You refuse to listen to the Press Conference, and Brennan's description of how our President led this operation, but the truth, is a far cry from you uninformed version.

so give it up. No matter how hard you try, there is no way you can use this amazing accomplishment, to bash president Obama.

HE set the mission, he never gave up, he set the level of readiness, and he gets the bulk of the credit. None of it could have happened, without HIS LEADERSHIP.

Now, he's an international hero, and you can't stand it.

G.

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 05:39 AM
Try to get this straight, missy. I am not bashing Obama over this. I am simply pointing out that the credit you seem to want to heap on him for his role in the planning of the operation is seriously misplaced.

Yeah, Osama is dead, and Obama gave the order! Great! Obama said it is ok to send the military to go kill a criminal. Obama was certainly made aware of what plans were being made, but Obama did not devise the plan!

I will give credit to Obama for allowing the military to do their job. I will not give Obama credit for doing something he did not do, which is planning military operations, something he is in no way qualified to do.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-06-2011, 06:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try to get this straight, missy. I am not bashing Obama over this. I am simply pointing out that the credit you seem to want to heap on him for his role in the planning of the operation is seriously misplaced.

Yeah, Osama is dead, and Obama gave the order! Great! Obama said it is ok to send the military to go kill a criminal. Obama was certainly made aware of what plans were being made, but Obama did not devise the plan!

I will give credit to Obama for allowing the military to do their job. I will not give Obama credit for doing something he did not do, which is planning military operations, something he is in no way qualified to do.

Steve </div></div>

Wrong. Presidnet Obama set the mission. He laid out the policy. He was fully involved in laying out the perameters of the mission. The video is there. Watch it! Brennan tells the whole story. You're only proving your own ignorance.

You are only proving that you have not been paying attention to the information that is already out there. rush, isn't going to tell you about it.

Proving how closed minded you are, how petty you are, and how much you hate President Obama, is hardly appropriate at this time, when the whole world, is cheering president Obama.

And it's MRS., not Missy,....Mr. Pissy!

Gayle in MD
05-06-2011, 06:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try to get this straight, missy. I am not bashing Obama over this. I am simply pointing out that the credit you seem to want to heap on him for his role in the planning of the operation is seriously misplaced.

Steve </div></div>

Your first post on the subject:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Interesting. I don't know as this is something to actually be cheering about.

I find the timing to be particularly ironic. The US had planned to start pulling troops out of Afghanistan in a couple of months. It would have been bad politically for us to pull out troops without finally getting OBL first.

If, and I stress the word, the US is responsible for his death, we can certainly expect AlQ to retaliate in one way or another. It has been widely believed that OBL was in Pakistan, which makes one wonder it the US was actually responsible for his capture and death, or if he was killed and handed over to the US.

NBC is reporting that the body will be destroyed. I wonder why.

Yes, this is very big news, but I think any celebration may be just a bit premature.

Steve </div></div>

LMAO! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Yes. My first post was asking a lot of questions that hadn't been answered at the time.

Why is it so difficult for you to comprehend that I can be happy that OBL is dead, and at the same time, question the motives of this administration in the way they handled things? Unlike you, I will not accept at face value anything this administration says.

Don't you find it odd that they were able to conduct the operation in Pakistan, and less than 24 hours later, already having DNA tests conducted and confirmed the identity, and disposed of the body?

Don't you find it odd that they were able to do all that in such a short time, but couldn't provide accurate details of the operation? First there was a big firefight, then there was no resistance, then Osama was unarmed, then he had a gun within reach.

Why would a supposedly intelligent woman be so willing to blindly accept anything and everything that this administration serves up to you?

Steve

eg8r
05-06-2011, 08:53 AM
LOL, and you watch it all and cannot see the forest for the trees. If you think Obama was making decisions about the attack then good for you and good for Hollywood.

eg8r

eg8r
05-06-2011, 08:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your group here, iz all worked up because under President Obama's tenure, our military accomplished something that GWB wasn't even interested in doing, according to one of his statements.</div></div>I am quite pleased that Obama got out of the way of the military and allowed them to use the info gained from "Bush's enhanced interrogations". Removing OBL is a fantastic achievment and I am perfectly happy that it came on Obama's watch. You are making this political not me.

eg8r

eg8r
05-06-2011, 08:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watch the C-span video. Brennan, giving the press conference on how the operation went down, including the Presidents "list" of everything that had to be perfected, and in place before it was lunched, including the list of perameters, which had to be met, before launching.
</div></div>Gayle, it is painfully obvious that you don't really understand what happened but could you please tell me how you believe Obama put together this so called "list".

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-06-2011, 08:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes. My first post was asking a lot of questions that hadn't been answered at the time.

Why is it so difficult for you to comprehend that I can be happy that OBL is dead, and at the same time, question the motives of this administration in the way they handled things? Unlike you, I will not accept at face value anything this administration says.

Don't you find it odd that they were able to conduct the operation in Pakistan, and less than 24 hours later, already having DNA tests conducted and confirmed the identity, and disposed of the body?

Don't you find it odd that they were able to do all that in such a short time, but couldn't provide accurate details of the operation? First there was a big firefight, then there was no resistance, then Osama was unarmed, then he had a gun within reach.

Why would a supposedly intelligent woman be so willing to blindly accept anything and everything that this administration serves up to you?

Steve </div></div>

Do you actually think that when there is an unprecedented event, the White House, is responsible for every news organization that get the information wrong? Do you think it's appropriate, when such great news emerges, the first thing to do is display distrust, and seek to dilute, the President's involvement?

The fact is, we wouldn't have killed bin Laden, if President Obama, hadn't set his goal to do it.

You obviously don't have any friends, in the Washington D.C.area goverrnment, or in journalism.

You learn, that sources for the press, give out info, that they have "Heard" that isn't always accurate.

Can you rememmber all of the speculation, on 9/11? When have you ever seen a momentous event take place, that all early reports, were exact?

Yes, shots were fired. No lie in that.

Yes, he was unarmed, who cares? There was an ak-47, and a revolver, within reach.

Those guys took an incredible risk, but there should be no doubt, the plannning was unprecedented, and yes, the President was an integral part of the planning, as you will learn.

If you read all the info, you'd know, the SEALS had some technology with them, which allowed some testing, on the spot.

FAcial forensics, as well, confirmed their innitial testing.

Then again, bin Laden's wife, who was there, on the scene, identified bin Laden's body.

There were facial forensics, also sent through cyberspace, identified on the spot.

Full 100% correct, DNA, analysis, confirmed the match, within 24 hours, As we had his sister's brain. He was shot in the eye, yes, his left eye, and in the chest.

But my main gripe with you, is that after ten years of this monster, being free, after what he did to us, I didn't really hear anything that came close, to any glee over getting this monster, and your acknowledgment of the president's role, was minimal, and tempered with a bunch of negative remarks, which I know damn well, would never have been written, had it been Bush, who killed him...

how can you compare anything about this kill, to anything at all about future policy? Don't you realize, this is not comparable to any other assassination? Don't you realize this event, is unique?

Republicans, immediately used their fringe, to try to dilute the importance of this success, but the fact is, bin Laden was the money man, for all of the cells, around the world. He was wanted, the number one wanted man in the world, and You're worried about future policy????

The information we secured from his hiding place, has already provided chilling details, of plots, and we have just begun.

Then, we have people like me, who lost a cousin, on 9/11, and who like many other families, or relatives of those who died, have been angry, that Bush, changed his mission, to Iraq, which proved, to have no connection, no immediate threat, no WMD, no nerve gas, no nothing, but a bunch or bravado to intimidate Iran, that's all Saddam had, and Bush was told that, from the start.

I have talked with many of our young people, who signed up, strictly to go get bin laden, and al Qaeda, and believe me, they were dedicated to their mission, but it surely wasn't the mission they signed up for, they, I, and many other Americans, feel that Bush changed the mission, over to a "what if" scenario, when we had a clear enemy, who continued to kill, and get away with it, for another whole ten years, and lead others in his franchise, to do the same.

Now, I'm trying to be polite, but I think you should realize what this successful mission, has meant to family members, who have thought about where that SOB is, every night, before they closed their eyes.

You made very derrogatory remarks, about the President, calling him, The Suit? All of your posts, from the start, were not in a flavor of really giving him credit, but I don't think you realize, there are millions of us, who have been angry that Bush, didn't keep going at bin Laden, keep him in his cross hairs, and you can defend that, if you wish, but, whether you believe me or not, and whether you think I'm bragging about it, or not, I can tell you, I have bought, and read, nearly every book that has been written on the Bush Administration, al Qaeda, bin Laden, and the whole attack on our country, and the whole FUBAR, of how the Iraq War was prosecuted.

Additionally, I can tell you that the books of the most respected journalists, about bin Laden, and Bush, Iraq, al Qaeda, are all in my library, many from the most respected investigative reporters in Washington D.C., Bob Woodward, who made it very clear, in his latest book on Bush, State Of Denial, that the Bush administration, was all about twisting the truth, of their failures, and bad judgement, Thomas E. Ricks, Frank Rich, David Corn, and Michael Isikoff, Peter Lance, Tyler Drumheiller, Richard Clarke, I could go on and on, and I read them all, those are just a few that roll off my little brain, so that doesn't make me smarter, but it does make me more aware, of how things went down, and why.

So as a Bush supporter, you're not going to like much of anything I have to say, but, I'm going to say it anyway.

Your complaints, or fears, about what will come, now, are not worth worrying about, because they are gong to do what they have stated all along, regardless, if he's dead or alive, but now, they know one thing for sure, he won't be sending them any more money.... AND...WE WILL NOT GIVE UP UNTIL WE GET THEM, and after ten years of all of them bragging, and writing about us like we were whimps, and saying that gettng us was a piece of cake, and they could do it and get away with it, which is why, I am frankly appalled, that any Americans, are going be critical or suspicious about President Obama, or about whether this SOB was armed, or not, or whether al Qaeda is going to seek revenge, when revenge has been their stated policy, all along, and not just against us, but many other countries, who have suffered their attacks..

Now you, and your other righties, can deny it till the cows come in, but you don't like the fact, that President Obama, was the man who got bin Laden, if it had been Bush, you'd have bashed anyone who had any negative thing to say about it.

Additionally, I've read loads of information about President Obama's leadership syle, one in particular, by Gates, and nothing goes on in the rhelm of National Security, that his input, and judgement, does not frame. I'm sure, you wouldn't have called Truman, just the suit in the White House, and used the same sort of rhetoric, to take away from his decision during WWII.

Killing bin Laden, I can assure you, has no negative side lines, for the vast majority of Americans, and particularly for New Yorkers, and many others in far flung places around the world, where people are full of glee, and happiness, that he is gone, whether he had a weapon, or not, whether the details in the early hours after the event took place, were 100% accurate, or not, so I see some of these posts, here, as nothing but pitiful sour grapes, and pure partisanship, and I can assure you, and I think those here who rally know me, would agree, that if this had happened under Bush, I'd have been the very first BRAVO, on this site.

G.

eg8r
05-06-2011, 09:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This man is no chimp,</div></div>Is this the type of respect you guys are expecting Obama to receive?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-06-2011, 09:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This man is no chimp,</div></div>Is this the type of respect you guys are expecting Obama to receive?

eg8r </div></div>

No Ed, there is no comparison between the two men.

One is brilliant, has class, honor and dignity, can speak the English Language, without murdering it.

Was President of the Harvard Law Review. Made a name for himself, before ever finishing his extended education, long ago, with no family wealth or political connections, behind him.

Was Awarded the Pulitzer Prize, for his inspirational speeches of international cohesion, and inspiration, for others who seek freedom, and dream of a world of peace, and the end of wars, and a growoing acceptance, for differing world views, among the countries of the world. And was a family man, who lived an exemplary life, of public service, and has handled vicious criticisms, racism, lies and conspiracy theories, with grace and poise. AND, got the demon who killed thousand of people areound the world.

The other one, left the worst legacy behind him of any previous president, borrowed more money than all previous administrations, combined, picked his nose in public, rubbed off his hand on Bill Clinton's shirt, after shaking the hand of a black man, in Haiti, left college with ONLY a distinction for being a good cheerleader, and Ex-alcoholic, and is rated as one of the worst presidents in history, and THE worst, on foreign affairs.

Shamed our country's honor by using torture, and breaking the FISA laws, The Geneva Conventions, committing war crimes, outing a covert CIA Agent, suspending the sentence of a convicted felon, lying to the American People, the internet full of proof of his hundreds of lies, cherry picking intelligence, for his war for oil, using more signing statements than any president in history, and leaving the worst economic crash, and overall legacy, since the great depression.

I owe him no respect...he did not earn it.

Gayle in MD
05-06-2011, 10:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watch the C-span video. Brennan, giving the press conference on how the operation went down, including the Presidents "list" of everything that had to be perfected, and in place before it was lunched, including the list of perameters, which had to be met, before launching.
</div></div>Gayle, it is painfully obvious that you don't really understand what happened but could you please tell me how you believe Obama put together this so called "list".

eg8r </div></div>

Ed,
It's obvious that you have not done a single thing, to research this event. Yet, you're sure my posts are inaccurate...and that is typical of you, because you don't read books, you don't watch C-Span, and you just said, you don't watch Television.

So where do you get your news, the tooth fairy, drops it on your head while your sleeping?

You tune into Rush Limpballs, everyday, at noon?

You read everything Michelle Backmann and Glen Beck puts out there in the Universe?

Or, do your fried twinkies, have messages in them, like a fotune cookie?

Go to C-Span, clink on videos, look for John Brennan'a press conference, to the right of the page.

Think you can manage that???? Or just no interest???

I provided a link, in annother thread, which goes straight to the press conference, by Brennan, you do know who Brennan is (?) Unlike when you thought our counter terrorist czar, Richard Clarke, was a terrorist?

G.

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm not talking about news reports changing...I'm talking about what the White House has been doing and saying. The different stories have been coming from the White House. They are the ones who have created more questions than they have answered.

I also do not believe everything that the press reports...they are known to report things the way they want them to be, not the way they are.

As for having friends in the DC area, what does that have to do with anything? I'm sure you don't have friends in all the locations where you claim to have so much knowledge about what goes on.

Are you saying that the SEALS conducted forensic DNA testing on the spot?

Yes, I'm sure there will be a lot of intelligence that will come from information gathered at the scene. Another benefit that will come from a successful military operation. This is a good thing.

I too lost friends in 9/11, so I understand the idea of getting some kind of closure that comes from bringing down OBL. But that has nothing to do with the topic.

I'm sorry, but you will never see anything approaching glee from me over the death of anybody. And I really don't understand why that would be a problem for you to comprehend, or why you would find fault with that.

No, we did not get OBL on Bush's watch, but if you don't believe that the search for him has been ongoing for the past 10 years, I don't know how to make you see how wrong you are. We (our intelligence community) has been working non stop to try and track him down, under both administrations. Believe it or not. You hate Bush, and that is your right, but you shouldn't pretend that he didn't continue the work to find him. His "not on my mind" comment simply meant that he had people working on it, and there were other things that required his attention.

I don't really care who was president when Osama went down. I'm glad he is no longer a potential threat. I'm very happy that the mission went well, and that we didn't suffer any casulties. But I will not stop questioning the spin and swirl that has been created by this administration in the aftermath.

No, I do not like Obama's policies. I think he is doing a lot of damage to our country with his economic policies. I also do not believe that launching threads praising Obama for the success of the mission are warrented. I would have rather seen some threads with Bravo and Kudus for our troops for a successful mission. By throwing so much praise toward Obama, it just makes it all political, and this operation had nothing to do with politics. Yes, he has already gotten a small popularity bump as a result, and that's fine...I don't really care. But I will give you a heads up right now that if they try to use this as a campaign issue, I will be thoroughly pissed. As you should understand, this was a victory for AMERICA, not a victory for Obama or the Democrats. But I suspect others will see it the same way you do, and try to use it for political gain.

And thank you for stating your points is a civil manner. Discussions can be much more enjoyable when they are conducted without all the rhetoric and name calling.

Steve

Sev
05-06-2011, 10:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see. So now you are saying it was his advisors who came up with the plan, and Obama was there to give it his approval.

Steve </div></div>

NO I am not saying that.

In fact, why dont you just do a bit of reading, and studying, and you might be informed enough to discuuss the subject.

The President sets the mission. The President, calls all experts together, to study together, the best way to acheive the mission.

Gates stated, that president Oboma was much more likely to encourage his advisors to take an active part, in meetings, to the point, he won't let anyone sit silently, without giving their input, which is a huge difference, from Bush, who set the policy, and then demanded enough cherry picking to justify it, after the fact.

You refuse to listen to the Press Conference, and Brennan's description of how our President led this operation, but the truth, is a far cry from you uninformed version.

so give it up. No matter how hard you try, there is no way you can use this amazing accomplishment, to bash president Obama.

HE set the mission, he never gave up, he set the level of readiness, and he gets the bulk of the credit. None of it could have happened, without HIS LEADERSHIP.

Now, he's an international hero, and you can't stand it.

G. </div></div>
Actually the seal teams, CIA and our military are the heros. Obama gets credit for giving the green light for the mission and for putting pen to paper not pulling the trigger.

Or are you suggesting that sitting in an air conditioned room is more heroic than being in a hot LZ, taking fire and accomplishing the mission???

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 10:52 AM
I would guess ....that his advisers established most of the parameters on that list, and as an educated, very intelligent man, he added his his own input.
As the line went in C.O.M.(something like) "we all have our area of expertise"
Again, if it makes your day to totally diminish our President's role in the successful operation...so be it.
I believe there will be a reprisal... and that tempers any thoughts that we are safer now.

eg8r
05-06-2011, 12:04 PM
I am not diminishing anything, I am trying to keep you guys in check from embellishing. I consider it intelligent for him to stay out of the way of the military and allow their expertise to take center stage which is exactly what happened. All they needed from Obama was the green light and he played his part well.

I agree there probably will be some uprising and no reason to feel any safer now then a few weeks ago.

eg8r

eg8r
05-06-2011, 12:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's obvious that you have not done a single thing, to research this event. Yet, you're sure my posts are inaccurate...and that is typical of you, because you don't read books, you don't watch C-Span, and you just said, you don't watch Television.
</div></div>Gayle you make Hollywood proud. I wish just once you would take the blinders off.

eg8r

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 12:36 PM
I was beginning to believe that you thought it was some dick measuring contest, but now you claim to be familiar with the saying, and that you actually understood it???
I keep thinking after reading your posts, that a Graduate of Annapolis, would never be making posts, such as yours. I would also doubt that any Corporate Executives would be taking the time to try to denigrate a woman just because she voted with her conscience. She had the Constitutional right to vote "left"...a right I believe that Military graduates take an oath to defend.

Gayle in MD
05-06-2011, 12:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not talking about news reports changing...I'm talking about what the White House has been doing and saying. The different stories have been coming from the White House. They are the ones who have created more questions than they have answered.

<span style="color: #990000">So what has changed? I haven't heard anything of any serious importance, that they changed. The facts, as I first heard them, at 10:30 on May first, are pretty much the same facts that have been out there all along.

So what earth shaking differences, have you heard???
</span>

I also do not believe everything that the press reports...they are known to report things the way they want them to be, not the way they are.

As for having friends in the DC area, what does that have to do with anything? I'm sure you don't have friends in all the locations where you claim to have so much knowledge about what goes on.

<span style="color: #990000">I've been living here for 66 years. I have relatives in some very high positions, with top security Clearance, in Journalism, investigative reporting, in nearly every arm of the government, and You'd probably be surprised, how high up they are. </span>

Are you saying that the SEALS conducted forensic DNA testing on the spot?

<span style="color: #990000">Not exactly, but I am saying that forensic testing proved positive, in site, before the announcement, and bL's wife, gave a positive identification of the body, and about the DNA, there was a preliminary postive, on that, too, before the announcement of bL's death, but I can't say exactly how that was accomplished. I'm not privy to that information. But I can assure you, they knew bin Laden was in there before they ever left for his hideout.</span>

Yes, I'm sure there will be a lot of intelligence that will come from information gathered at the scene. Another benefit that will come from a successful military operation. This is a good thing.

I too lost friends in 9/11, so I understand the idea of getting some kind of closure that comes from bringing down OBL. But that has nothing to do with the topic.
I think it has plenty to do with it, which you seem to want to ignore.

<span style="color: #990000"> The simple fact is, if President Obama, had not set a policy of getting bin Laden, and smashing al Qaeda, as his top priority, our Intelligence wouldn't have it as a top priority, either, and bin Laden, would still be free.

You seem to think they, underlings, not meant to be an insult, just a term for all those under the President, that they focus on what THEY think is most important, adn then give their orders, tothe President.

That is simply NOT the way it works. Every President has his own policy, as I explained, Rumsfeld and Franks would have sent in support to Tora Bora, if getting bin Laden, had actually been the President's top priority. Policy, is not set from the bottom up. Policy is dependent on the President's wishes, and all serve, at his pleasure, and at his requests, and commands.
</span>

I'm sorry, but you will never see anything approaching glee from me over the death of anybody. And I really don't understand why that would be a problem for you to comprehend, or why you would find fault with that.

<span style="color: #990000"> It's a great big problem, for me, Steve. I find it actually offensive, very much so, even though you have every right to set your own priorities, but I simply cannot relate, to anyone, for any reason, not feeling thrilled that that SOB is dead, and can't plot to kill more innocent people, nor send in financing to his franchises, to do so.

That is just beyond me, totally, after what that SOB has done! Would you say the same thing, about Hitler? </span>

No, we did not get OBL on Bush's watch, but if you don't believe that the search for him has been ongoing for the past 10 years, I don't know how to make you see how wrong you are.

<span style="color: #990000">Read Gary Brentsen's book, Jawbreaker the special ops guy, to whom Rumsfeld and Franks, refused to send support, when Brentsen and his Special Ops, called for support, when bL was cornered, in Tora Bora. It is labeled as the best shot we had ever gotten at getting bin Laden, up to that point.

Bush, with all of his "Wanted, Dead or alive" BS, did not want to get bin Laden, if he had, he had the perfect opportunity, but you'd have to read the book, and Richard Clarke's book, and several others, as well. Bush's ONLY focus, was getting Saddam, occupying Iraq, and getting those no bid contracts, which the bin Laden's who were PARTNERS, with his FATHER, in the Carlyle group, and Cheney's Halliburton, made billions on, NO B ID CONTRACTS.......FACT!

Iraq, was only on the agenda, because of OIL, and bus's grudge. That's all! I can give you a list of books, that prove it.</span>

We (our intelligence community) has been working non stop to try and track him down, under both administrations.

<span style="color: #990000">Not True, absolutely not true. If they wanted him, they'd have gotten him, at Tora Bora, he was right within our grasp. It was called the best shot at getting him, we ever had, by our own Special Ops. </span>

Believe it or not. You hate Bush, <span style="color: #990000"> Strange sentence, don't you think. You know my mind better than I do? Thanks, for giving me a choice, to believe you or not, about how I feel, lol. </span> and that is your right, but you shouldn't pretend that he didn't continue the work to find him.

<span style="color: #990000"> I'm not pretending, I am making an educated analysis, after reading loads of books, and loads of first hand factual biographies, which prove it, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Bush's focus, was ONLY Iraq. His own statements, prove it. Iraqi's wanted us out of there five years ago. The only reason whhy we went in there ,is oil, and they only advantages from being in there wen't to Oil Contracts for refining oil. We got not one damned this out of it, and if you think the Iraqi's have any loyalty to us, you're mistaken. They hate us.

Within hours of 9/11, they (Rumsfeld, Bush, Cheney) were talking about how they could use 9/11 to go after Saddam.

They leaked a fake story, about Yellow Cake, then went on every sunday morning show, and quoted the same BS story they leaked. Proven Fact. Now use your head, why would they have to do that, if they were on the up and up.

</span>

<span style="color: #990000">
His "not on my mind" comment simply meant that he had people working on it, and there were other things that required his attention.

[color:#990000] [b]Oh no it wasn't, it was meant to promote the idea that Saddam was the threat, and to dilute the importance, of bin Laden. They weren't focused on bin Laden, ever.

Within hours of 9/11, they (rumsfeld, Bush Cheney) were talking about how they could use 9/11 to go after Saddam.

They leaked a fake story, then went on every sunday morning show, and quoted the same BS story they leaked. Proven Fact. Now use your head, why would they have to do that, if they were on the up and up.

Bush, didn't want to swat at flies, remember, Rice said that herself. The lies that were told, were obvious, and proven lies, by reputable people.

Why do you think Bush tried so hard to prevent the investigation on 9/11? Even cut off the funding, and his coharts, made it very clear, when they approached the report, that their mission was not to place blame,

Now who could have had any blame placed on them, other than Bush, in office for nine months, refusing to meet with our counter Terrorists specialists, who were increasingly alarmed, over the terrorist chatter, they were hearing.

Why did he do nothing, after he got memo after memo, trying to get his attention on al Qaeda, and bin Laden?

Why did Bush lie in the SOTU Address, after they told him, the Yellow Cake story, was not reliable. Why did he, cheney and Rice, all lie about the aluminum tubes?

Why did Rice refuse to give Armitege and Clarke, access to the President, when they went racing over to her office, with the al Qaeda intelligence, requestin an emergency meeting, and told by Rice, "the president doesn't want to swat at flies".... just pre 9/11

Why did Bush try to stop the 9/11 report, even cut off the funding for it, until they jury rigged the panel, which stated, that their goal was to avoid placing blame,.... now who could have hadd the blame placed on them, but the President who got all of the warning memos, and ignored them.... they made an emergency trip to her office. Why did she lie about having intel, that planes were going to be used, to fly into buildings.

"Maybe someone way down in the bowels of the agency, knew about planes flyng into buldings, but we never heard any of it."

She was cuaght in a lie. Intelligence officers stated otherwise. memos were revealed, with those very wanning included, I've posted them, in the past.

DUH, they refused to hear any of it!!!!

Why did Bush say so many times, he wasn't concerned about bin Laden? He wanted all the fears and attention to stay on Iraq, which was no threat, at all. </span>

I don't really care who was president when Osama went down. I'm glad he is no longer a potential threat. I'm very happy that the mission went well, and that we didn't suffer any casulties. But I will not stop questioning the spin and swirl that has been created by this administration in the aftermath.

<span style="color: #990000"> AGain, give me an example of far flung, untrue statements, made by the President??? </span>

No, I do not like Obama's policies. I think he is doing a lot of damage to our country with his economic policies.

<span style="color: #660000"> LOL, yeah, after Bush did such a sterling job!!!! </span>

I also do not believe that launching threads praising Obama for the success of the mission are warrented.

<span style="color: #990000"> Fine, don't launch any. Even though he set the policy, oversaw the policy, streamlined the policy, and made it his top policy statement. </span>

I would have rather seen some threads with Bravo and Kudus for our troops for a successful mission. By throwing so much praise toward Obama, it just makes it all political, and this operation had nothing to do with politics.

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>It does for you, Steve. </span> </span>

Yes, he has already gotten a small popularity bump as a result, and that's fine...I don't really care. But I will give you a heads up right now that if they try to use this as a campaign issue, I will be thoroughly pissed.

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'>I have no doubt about that! Personally, I think his campaign should be all about what a great legacy, was left to him by your boy Bush!!!!

the fact is, he was living in a mansion, he was sill playing the major planning role, he was still the heart and soul, of ql Qaeda.</span> </span>

As you should understand, this was a victory for AMERICA, not a victory for Obama or the Democrats.

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Right, nothing political about it for you, Steve.... It couldn't have happened, with President Obama. FACT!</span> </span>

But I suspect others will see it the same way you do, and try to use it for political gain.

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>OMG!!! Surely not!!! We still have Beck, Fox, Rush, Palin and the brilliant Donald around.</span> </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

And thank you for stating your points is a civil manner. Discussions can be much more enjoyable when they are conducted without all the rhetoric and name calling.

Steve </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Well, maybe we should all get together and make a list of names that we all want to be Verbodden, since names are so hard on you, but only if you agree to never call me the scum of the earth, again, lol </span> </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif JC...

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style="color: #990000">Within hours of 9/11, they (rumsfeld, Bush Cheney) were talking about how they could use 9/11 to go after Saddam.

They leaked a fake story, then went on every sunday morning show, and quoted the same BS story they leaked. Proven Fact. Now use your head, why would they have to do that, if they were on the up and up.

And Please, tell my why you aren't thrilled, that the man who killed three thousand Americans, on 9/11, and thousands of others around the world, because truly, I just cannot wrap my mind around that one!</span>!!</span>

eg8r
05-06-2011, 01:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No Ed, there is no comparison between the two men.
</div></div>I see, your man gets the pass and you feel free to disrespect when you choose. Good to know. The next time qtip and wolfie get a hair up their rears after reading a perceived disrespectful comment I will remind them that we are just acting like you.

eg8r

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 02:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I keep thinking </div></div>

No, that's your problem....you don't!

Steve

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 02:43 PM
According to you own twisted illogic....
I have "outthunk" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif you many times on the CCB.
I learn more each day, while sitting on the toilet, reading my daily newspaper....then you will ever learn from your Fox affiliate station.

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 02:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm not privy to that information.

<span style="color: #009900">Surely, with all of your high level friends, you would have access to something as simple as that.</span>

The simple fact is, if President Obama, had not set a policy of getting bin Laden, and smashing al Qaeda, as his top priority, our Intelligence wouldn't have it as a top priority, either, and bin Laden, would still be free.

<span style="color: #009900">Perhaps it would be more accurate had you said that Obama continued the policy set by the previous administration </span>

Believe it or not. You hate Bush, <span style="color: #990000"> [b]Strange sentence, don't you think. </span>

<span style="color: #006600">Look closely. That is not a sentence. There is a period in there, indicating the end of one thought, and the beginning of another thought. </span>

<span style="color: #990000"> [b]
His "not on my mind" comment simply meant that he had people working on it, and there were other things that required his attention.

<span style="color: #990000"> [b]Oh no it wasn't, </span>

<span style="color: #006600">I guess we have a different perspective on that one </span>

And Please, tell my why you aren't thrilled, that the man who killed three thousand Americans, on 9/11, and thousands of others around the world, because truly, I just cannot wrap my mind around that one!</span>!![/size]

</div></div>

<span style="color: #006600">I wouldn't expect you to be able to wrap your mind about it, since we have one great philosophical difference. I believe in the sanctity of human life. I do not believe that any one individual, even the president of the United States, should have the power to determine whether someone should live or die. It is the same belief that puts us on opposite sides of another controvercial issue.

I will never find joy or glee over human death, even a scumbag like OBL.

Steve </span>

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Man, you really "got her" this time... a punctuation error; I doubt that she can live this down!!!
Definitely something for you to brag about over on the other site!!!

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 05:52 PM
No...she got herself...as she frequently does.
She not only read it, she quoted it and reposted it, and never even thought to look at what it actually said.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm done replying to you as I believe you are just a nit picking, intellectual lightweight.
Who else would spend so much time trolling somebody's Grandmother?
BUT, as the old saw goes....."you have to pick your battles, carefully"

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 08:08 PM
I've heard that before from you, and it was a lie every time.
Do you really mean it this time?

Steve

LWW
05-07-2011, 01:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/4/24/128850939633029157.jpg I'm done replying to you as I believe you are just a nit picking, intellectual lightweight.
Who else would spend so much time trolling somebody's Grandmother?
BUT, as the old saw goes....."you have to pick your battles, carefully" </div></div>

Gayle in MD
05-07-2011, 01:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No Ed, there is no comparison between the two men.
</div></div>I see, your man gets the pass and you feel free to disrespect when you choose. Good to know. The next time qtip and wolfie get a hair up their rears after reading a perceived disrespectful comment I will remind them that we are just acting like you.

eg8r </div></div>

I don't think that noticing the huge differences between Bush and Obama, means that I am giving anyone a pass.

President Obama has not always done as I thought he should. I think he's been far too likely to compromise with some Republican policies, that I think are horrible, for one thing.

As we know, the world is full of bad dictators.

Can you give me one good reason why it was important to waste three to six trillion dollars in Iraq, to get one man?

My opinion, is that Bush was the worst, EVER.

Obama was handed all of his disasters.

What do you expect???

McCain called Obama naive when Obama said he'd go into Pakistan, and get bin Laden, with special ops.

Did he do that? Yes, he did, and he didn't invade and occupy the country to do it, either.

Iraq was a huge mistake. It was nothing but a big bonanza for war profiteering corporations, all of them connected to the Bush family, and Cheney's former corporation, on the blood of our soldiers, when Saddam was no immediate threat, and BUSH was TOLD that he was no immediate threat, so why the hell did he insist on launching that FUBAR?.

Now, if you know something I don't, then say so.

G.

Gayle in MD
05-07-2011, 01:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No Ed, there is no comparison between the two men.

eg8r </div></div>

Be specific.

Gayle in MD
05-07-2011, 01:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's obvious that you have not done a single thing, to research this event. Yet, you're sure my posts are inaccurate...and that is typical of you, because you don't read books, you don't watch C-Span, and you just said, you don't watch Television.
</div></div>Gayle you make Hollywood proud. I wish just once you would take the blinders off.

eg8r </div></div>

Ed.
I wouldn't even hope for you to take your blinders off. I think they're glued onto your head!

Gayle in MD
05-07-2011, 01:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Living proof that the Peter Principle is alive and well.

Steve </div></div>

WE already had eight years of proof, BUSH!

Gayle in MD
05-07-2011, 01:41 AM

Steve </div></div>

Then Gates is a liar, and so is Brennan.

Wht would you know about the capacity of a brilliant man, to be a quick study, and give to his group, valuable suggestions and ideas.

It's not MY opinion, FYI, it's the opinion of Gates, Mullen, Brennan, and a slew of others, who have worked with him.

I can assure you, you won't ever see a book titled, Obama's Brain.

g.

Gayle in MD
05-07-2011, 02:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your group here, iz all worked up because under President Obama's tenure, our military accomplished something that GWB wasn't even interested in doing, according to one of his statements.</div></div>I am quite pleased that Obama got out of the way of the military and allowed them to use the info gained from "Bush's enhanced interrogations". Removing OBL is a fantastic achievment and I am perfectly happy that it came on Obama's watch. You are making this political not me.

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am quite pleased that Obama got out of the way of the military and allowed them to use the info gained from "Bush's enhanced interrogations"</div></div>

Can't get more partisan than that, ED.

President Oama was in on all of the Planning Sessions. President Obama, set the policy, to get bin Laden. President Obama, created the "Must be in place" preameters, before giving the go ahead on the mission. And President Obama, got NOTHING, from enhanced Interrogations, that led to this success.

Not being snarky, but if you would read a book, once in a while, you'd know these things.

We got NOTHING with torture, NOTHING except shame.

G.

Gayle in MD
05-07-2011, 02:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This mission succeeded, becaue President Obama, took the time to "dither" lol, IOW, contemplate every possibility, and take time enough, to lay the best plans possible, INCLUDING GIVING THE OK ACCORDING TO THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE MOON, unlike some of the colossally ignorant, and irrational accusation, that the timing was based on politics.

eg8r </div></div>

I guess you've never been in the White House, and seen the paintings, in what was called the War Planning Room, Presidents, in conferrence with their Military leaders, planning capaigns, together.

If what you're saying is true, then Gates if a liar.

Brennan is a liar.

Mullen is a liar.

In your quest to minimize the President's input, and leadership style, you prove your ignorance on the subject, of how this president operates.

But, the question is, why are you righties turning yourselves inside out, trying to create a scenario, that gives the President as little credit for this huge success, as possible.

Partisan, sour grapes.

Sore losers.

If this was Bush, I can just hear your accolades.

Pitiful. We get bin Laden, and instead of a cohesive, collective b=partisan celebration, you guys address it ONLY as Republicans, who can't stand the fact that Bush dropped the ball, and Obama, ran it over the goal line.

G.

wolfdancer
05-07-2011, 02:25 AM
lol....now THAT was funny!!!
Ed is way more tolerable,.... now...in comparison to others here.
AND he doesn't feel it necessary to brag about his intelligence as a few others here seemingly "need" to do,to qualify their post?..... so it would appear?

LWW
05-07-2011, 03:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can assure you, you won't ever see a book titled, Obama's Brain.

g. </div></div>

I actually feel sorry for you at times:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411LaVDQDCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

For sale on AMAZON (http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Obamas-Brain-Sasha-Abramsky/dp/1591843022) right now.

pooltchr
05-07-2011, 06:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Gates if a liar.

Brennan is a liar.

Mullen is a liar.

</div></div>

Congratulations! You are beginning to see things for what they are.

And, just a little FYI....You can't "launch a FUBAR". FUBAR is not a noun, so there is nothing to launch. FUBAR is a descriptive phrase. FUBAR might well be used to describe what our healthcare system will look like if Obamacare remains intact.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-07-2011, 06:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can assure you, you won't ever see a book titled, Obama's Brain.

g. </div></div>

For sale on AMAZON (http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Obamas-Brain-Sasha-Abramsky/dp/1591843022) right now.
</div></div>

Another one of you stupid posts, and it is stupid.

You're doing what you do with everything. You're twisting the point of my statement, to suit your "SPOON FED" Radical RW fantasy, and demonstrating yur inability to decipher the written word.

FYI, Bush's Brain was about Karl Rove, a different person, obviously.

Your post, obviously, a totally different meaning, in the title, and nothing at all to do with what I wrote....

Inside Obama's Brain does not indicate that he can't think for himself. Does indicate, he does have a brain of his own.

Yet another flushable, non point, which is exactly what you're FULL OF.

Obviously, your "point" as usual, isn't even a point....

Now stay away from me....you're on thin ice, right now...as it is, far more so than you know.

G.

Gayle in MD
05-07-2011, 06:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Gates if a liar.

Brennan is a liar.

Mullen is a liar.

</div></div>

Congratulations! You are beginning to see things for what they are.

And, just a little FYI....You can't "launch a FUBAR". FUBAR is not a noun, so there is nothing to launch. FUBAR is a descriptive phrase. FUBAR might well be used to describe what our healthcare system will look like if Obamacare remains intact.

Steve </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>FYI, you can if your name is George Bush! </span> </span>

LWW
05-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Sorry I had to show you up Charlotte.

And, how did you read my post if you never read my posts?

LWW
05-07-2011, 08:03 AM
How about Panetta? Is he a liar?

wolfdancer
05-07-2011, 09:17 AM
It's always political here.....I once commented that it was a nice day, and I'd be heading for the golf course....which was followed by posts accusing me of being a Goreman, and a global warming nut case.

Gayle in MD
05-07-2011, 09:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's always political here.....I once commented that it was a nice day, and I'd be heading for the golf course....which was followed by posts accusing me of being a Goreman, and a global warming nut case. </div></div>

Just three more days, friend....

eg8r
05-07-2011, 06:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess you've never been in the White House, and seen the paintings, in what was called the War Planning Room, Presidents, in conferrence with their Military leaders, planning capaigns, together.
</div></div>LOL, as the long as there is a (D) at the end you will believe anything they say.

eg8r

wolfdancer
05-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Thinking back to GWB's "posturing", I can't remember you getting outraged over his excessive use of "I".....which "we" all believed was his right as CinC

Gayle in MD
05-09-2011, 03:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thinking back to GWB's "posturing", I can't remember you getting outraged over his excessive use of "I".....which "we" all believed was his right as CinC </div></div>

Usually followed by: I'm the decider"

Not, I'm the decision maker.

Oh no, in true Bubba language..."I'm the decider"

LMAO....

LWW
05-09-2011, 05:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's always political here.....I once commented that it was a nice day, and I'd be heading for the golf course....which was followed by posts accusing me of being a Goreman, and a global warming nut case. </div></div>

That was just precious coming from a troll that would troll a thread on photography ... and astronomy ... and sports ... and even troll a deleted post.

Seek help brother.

LWW
05-09-2011, 05:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can assure you, you won't ever see a book titled, Obama's Brain.

g. </div></div>

</div></div>

Another one of you stupid posts, and it is stupid.

You're doing what you do with everything. You're twisting the point of my statement, to suit your "SPOON FED" Radical RW fantasy, and demonstrating yur inability to decipher the written word.

FYI, Bush's Brain was about Karl Rove, a different person, obviously.

Your post, obviously, a totally different meaning, in the title, and nothing at all to do with what I wrote....

Inside Obama's Brain does not indicate that he can't think for himself. Does indicate, he does have a brain of his own.

Yet another flushable, non point, which is exactly what you're FULL OF.

Obviously, your "point" as usual, isn't even a point....

Now stay away from me....you're on thin ice, right now...as it is, far more so than you know.

G. </div></div>

Inaccurate again Charlotte.

You said I wouldn't ever see a book with that title.

I showed you were wrong.

You began using weasel words to change the subject.

IOW ... nothing out of the ordinary.

eg8r
05-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Just wished this one would not have to be. OBL being gone is fantastic news and making it political spoils the good feeling.

eg8r

eg8r
05-10-2011, 04:04 PM
I haven't been watching the news this week, what is happening in 3 days?

eg8r

LWW
05-11-2011, 01:16 AM
I took it as yet another veiled threat by the cabal.

pooltchr
05-11-2011, 05:48 AM
I thought maybe that was when she was finally going to have her private blog up and running and take her ball and go home!

Steve