PDA

View Full Version : Have we opened Pandora's box?

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 06:53 AM
I'm sure there will be some who will do their best to turn this into a political battle, but I would really like to see some thoughtful discussion on this topic. One can always hope.

Anyway...

Our country has always had a policy of not assasinating world leaders. Did we change that policy when we sent a SEAL team into Pakistan with the single intention of killing OBL?

Yes, OBL was an evil person, responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent Americans. BUT, he was also the leader of a rather large group of people, not a country, but a large group of like minded people. In some ways, that would make him as much of a world leader as some third world dictators.

There are some who would suggest that Obama was the single individual who was responsible for the decision to move in and kill OBL. IF that is true, have we now given the authority to our POTUS to decide who is worthy of living and who is not? After all, the CIC has the full force of the greatest military in the world under his control.

So now, where do we draw the line? Is it ok to target for death someone who kills 3000 people? How about 2000 people? Does it matter if they were Americans, or Canadians, or Iraquis?

Or, does it matter who the POTUS is? Remember, the office of President is temporary. At least every 8 years, there will be someone different in the office. Do we really want to grant that authority to future presidents, who we doen't even know yet?

And is this limited to leaders who are from other countries? Or do we also now have the ability to target for death any individual who leads a group of people that don't agree with the policies of the current administration?

I am personally not concerned that OBL is dead. The world is probably a better place this week. My concern is that our government actually planned an operation that was designed specifically to kill someone. If it was ok to do this with OBL, is it ok for anyone?

Again, I would hate to see this turn into a Rep/Dem discussion...but rather let's try to keep it on the subject of how our country will make use of our military forces in years to come.

All adult comments would be welcomed.

Steve

eg8r
05-05-2011, 07:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our country has always had a policy of not assasinating world leaders. Did we change that policy when we sent a SEAL team into Pakistan with the single intention of killing OBL?
</div></div>No, he wasn't a world leader.

eg8r

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 08:25 AM
How would you define a world leader? Do they have to be a leader of a country? Why? Is the Pope a world leader?
If I buy an island and have a dozen people living there, can I claim status as a country and become a world leader?
Is the leader of China more of a world leader than the POTUS, simply because more people live in that country?
Is it a matter of size, or power, or influence? If it is, then OBL certainly had influence ofer the group he lead.

Your opinion is that OBL would not be considered a world leader, but on what exactly do you base your opinion?

Steve

Deeman3
05-05-2011, 08:34 AM
World leased or not, OBL was at war with the U.S. And I see no difference in the POTUS ordering his death than FDR going after Hitler, etc.

When Bush promised to hunt him down, it was the office of the president doingnso and Obama was a continuation as his successor would have been, no matter, who if we had notmgotten him. I have not liked some of Obama's decisions, this ain't one of them!

assignation od a leader is not called for in meat political differences but OBL planned, financed and cheered 9/11! That's plentry of justification for this good old boy!

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 08:48 AM
I agree, but did we cross the line when we went in with the sole intention of killing him? I could understand an operation to capture him, or if that became impossible, then using lethal force. But when the capture option is removed, it creates some serious moral questions.
We are being told he was not armed. Why not try to capture him first? If he resisted, then use whatever force is necessary. I'm pretty sure that a group of Navy SEALS would be quite capable of overpowering the skinny old SOB.

Steve

eg8r
05-05-2011, 09:26 AM
I guess at this point in time we are strapped by the horrible organization called the UN so we would probably be forced to following their definition. I don't know what that is so in my mind, a leader of a terrorist organization is not considered a "world leader".

eg8r

eg8r
05-05-2011, 09:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not try to capture him first? If he resisted, then use whatever force is necessary.</div></div>If we capture him then he lives his entire life in the court system wasting taxpayer money. He did resist, at least the accounts that I have read and heard mention him resisting.

eg8r

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 09:37 AM
He may have resisted, but as I pointed out, I'm sure a team of SEALS could have overpowered an unarmed skinny old fart.

But, to my point, how do we decide, and who decides, who we can target for death and who do we target for capture and due process? Yes, if anyone deserved to die, it was OBL...but now it becomes a question of where we draw the line. We have effectively said that the president can decide to send in an assasination squad if he determines it is warrented. How bad do you have to be for it to be ok to become a direct target?

It's like the old joke about the guy who asks the girl if she would sleep with him for a million dollars. When she says yes, he asks if she would sleep with him for a dollar. Her shocked reply "What kind of girl do you think I am?" wwhere he says "We've already determined that..now we are negotiating price"

Steve

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 01:24 PM
I can't believe that there are people on here complaining that our heroic Navy SEAL team killed an unarmed man...probably didn't even bother to read him his Miranda rights first.
A trial would have placed all the participants in grave danger, and may have led to some hostage decision, etc....where they demanded his release in exchange for...say, not blowing up Times Square, or..????
Do people here really believe....he had rights????
Kind of reminds me of that sniper hero Carlos, that you knew.....he probably never gave any of his kills a chance to surrender.
Sure, we were at war, then....but with terrorists attacks on American soil.....I think war rules prevail now....and there are no rules in war...or so I've heard.
Geez, I reread this and can't believe how many times I have written I (there goes another one)
President Obama probably should have said..."Corporal Klinger, please use you best judgment, should you encounter OBL, and if OBL becomes a casualty, I'll take the heat....you won't have to worry for the rest of your life about some fanatic bent on a revenge killing"

Gayle in MD
05-05-2011, 01:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe that there are people on here complaining that our heroic Navy SEAL team killed an unarmed man...probably didn't even bother to read him his Miranda rights first.
A trial would have placed all the participants in grave danger, and may have led to some hostage decision, etc....where they demanded his release in exchange for...say, not blowing up Times Square, or..????
Do people here really believe....he had rights????
Kind of reminds me of that sniper hero Carlos, that you knew.....he probably never gave any of his kills a chance to surrender.
Sure, we were at war, then....but with terrorists attacks on American soil.....I think war rules prevail now....and there are no rules in war...or so I've heard.
Geez, I reread this and can't believe how many times I have written I (there goes another one)
President Obama probably should have said..."Corporal Klinger, please use you best judgment, should you encounter OBL, and if OBL becomes a casualty, I'll take the heat....you won't have to worry for the rest of your life about some fanatic bent on a revenge killing" </div></div>

bin Laden had over ten years to turn himself in.

He surely didn't give anyone he had killed on 9/11 any opportunity to turn themselves in.

He got off light, killed instantly, and our SEALS did exactly the right thing, given there was an ak 47, in the room, and a revolver, and they had no way of knowing what kind of hidden bombs, or traps, he might have had rigged to go off.

I honestly can't believe this thread. Comparing the al Qaeda leader, to leaders of countries! Referring to his many followers!

Unbelievable!

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 01:51 PM
I think OBL deserved the same fair treatment that Benito Mussolini
received.

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Well, the reasonable adult conversation actually held up until woofie and gee had to turn it into another political us-vs-them thread.
I assume their lack of intelligent comment on the TOPIC of the thread indicates they don't have anything of substance to contribute.

Maybe I can put it more simply for them. Did we make a mistake by ordering the murder of Osama on foreign soil? Have we opened the door for this to happen again to someone else? And who will decide who the next victim might be?

This is not a political question....it's a policy question. What should our policy be on ordering a military hit on any individual?

Steve

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 02:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think OBL deserved the same fair treatment that Benito Mussolini
received. </div></div>

The question is not whether OBL got what he deserved or not. I think most agree he probably got off easier than he deserved. I would have liked to seen him placed on top of an 80 story building, set the building on fire, and let him decide to wait for the flames, or jump!

But the question is whether or not we have established a new policy by sending a military unit out with orders to KILL one individual.

It's not a political question, it's a question of policy. How would you feel if President Trump decided to use the military to kill an individual, regardless of what you thought about that individual?

Steve

Deeman3
05-05-2011, 02:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree, but did we cross the line when we went in with the sole intention of killing him? I could understand an operation to capture him, or if that became impossible, then using lethal force. But when the capture option is removed, it creates some serious moral questions.
We are being told he was not armed. Why not try to capture him first? If he resisted, then use whatever force is necessary. I'm pretty sure that a group of Navy SEALS would be quite capable of overpowering the skinny old SOB.

Steve </div></div>

Do you really want him being prosecuted by ErIc Holder and having his days in court? Nope, the right decision was made.

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 02:56 PM
I think your post isn't worth replying to, and I really don't care what you think., as so far with regards to this matter....all I can think to comment is WTF,are these people for real; that are they thinking?
Think about that for awhile....

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 03:03 PM
I don't think OBL would not have hesitated to kill our President, which ever one was in office at the time. My last thought on the topic would be...."all's fair in love and war"

Gayle in MD
05-05-2011, 03:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think OBL deserved the same fair treatment that Benito Mussolini
received. </div></div>

The question is not whether OBL got what he deserved or not. I think most agree he probably got off easier than he deserved. I would have liked to seen him placed on top of an 80 story building, set the building on fire, and let him decide to wait for the flames, or jump!

But the question is whether or not we have established a new policy by sending a military unit out with orders to KILL one individual.

It's not a political question, it's a question of policy. How would you feel if President Trump decided to use the military to kill an individual, regardless of what you thought about that individual?

Steve </div></div>

How come you weren't concerned about killing an enemy on foreign
soil when Bush said "Wanted, dead of alive"

WTH do you think he meant, read him his miranda rights, arrest him and bring him home for his fair trial?????????

Admit it, you're just digging around trying to make a big bad mountain, out of a mole hill, He wasn't public enemy number one, he was world enemy number one.

Face it, the operation was successful, on every level. Why would you be critical of how our Navy Seals handled it? You think Obama didn't have ten years to turn himself in?

Do you actually think there is any comparison between killing bin Laden and assassinating foreign leaders, of sovereing nations, helter skelter?

Bush invaded and occupied a sovereign nation, with the intent to kill Saddam? No complaints about that came from you....

bin Laden was a threat to every nation. He was the money connection, for all terrorists.

You bashed Clinton, for not assassinating him while he was in the middle of an outing, surrounded by Princes, of other countries, and children, but now, you gripe? didn't the word get out Bush wanted bin Laden's head in a box? You think he cared about how the mission was carried out?

Now, you're worried about opening a Pandora's BoX?

Incredible!

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 03:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think your post isn't worth replying to, </div></div>

And then you go ahead and put your two cents in anyway!

Steve

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Damn, Gayle, how thick can you be????

This is not about Obama
This is not about Bush
This is not about Clinton
This is not about Reps or Dems

This is about a policy, pure and simple. Should it be our policy that it is ok to use the military to conduct assassination operations?

Steve

cushioncrawler
05-05-2011, 03:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think OBL deserved the same fair treatment that Benito Mussolini received.</div></div>Woofly -- BM woz killed by british special agents and the bodies then turned over to the mobs. The main consideration for the british woz that BM had to be silenced, koz BM had a lot of dirt on the british, dirty secret deals.
Praps OBL woz likewize.
mac.

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Well, I know a little about the war, and how the monarchy tried to
make a pact with Hitler....and wasn't there a little dirt on Neville Chamberlain?
http://corriecanuck.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/neville_chamberlain_and_adolf_hitler_peace_in_our_ time.jpg

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 04:13 PM
I don't really care to have this conversation with you. I have zero respect for your input, as everything you write is biased to the nth degree, while I also have the utmost respect for President Obama. I know with your extensive military training you would have done things differently, but doubt that you had any stars to go with your stripes. I think the decision was maybe way above your rank? I'm not going to apologize to you for the President's executive decisions...end of story!!!

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 04:15 PM
You still don't get it, and probably never will.

Go back to fantasyland with gee.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 04:55 PM
I don't "get" you, probably never will, and don't care to even try to understand what is behind your posts.

LWW
05-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Actually we never had the no assassination policy until the reign of Imam J'immah Q'ahtur.

LWW
05-05-2011, 05:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't "get" you, probably never will, and don't care to even try to understand what is behind your posts. </div></div>

Your most honest post ever.

Deeman3
05-05-2011, 10:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think OBL would not have hesitated to kill our President, which ever one was in office at the time. My last thought on the topic would be...."all's fair in love and war" </div></div>

Yep, and I would have done exactly what Obama did in ordering his total elimination from the gene pool!

This arguing over who, what when and how is just politics and the Seals, thankfully, don't have to play that game! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 05:11 AM
OK, let me play devil's advocate for a minute.
Suppose the Pakistan government decided that our SEAL team was on their most wanted list for the murder of OBL. Suppose they sent a team of assassins to the US with the specific goal of killing them.
What do you think the US response should be?

Should we perhaps have just gone in, done the job, got out, and not even have claimed credit, or made public, anything about the raid? "OBL found dead in Pakistan home. Police have no suspects"

The whole idea of the so called "black ops" is they are conducted very quietly. Why are we now revealing how we conduct these operations? Are we diluting the possible effectivenes of future operations?

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-06-2011, 05:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, let me play devil's advocate for a minute.
Suppose the Pakistan government decided that our SEAL team was on their most wanted list for the murder of OBL. Suppose they sent a team of assassins to the US with the specific goal of killing them.
What do you think the US response should be?

Should we perhaps have just gone in, done the job, got out, and not even have claimed credit, or made public, anything about the raid? "OBL found dead in Pakistan home. Police have no suspects"

The whole idea of the so called "black ops" is they are conducted very quietly. Why are we now revealing how we conduct these operations? Are we diluting the possible effectivenes of future operations?

Steve </div></div>

LMAO!

"Mission Accomplished"

"Wanted, Dead or alive"

"We're going to get the people who brought theses building down!"

"I don't know where he is, he's hiding, I don't think about him."

Keep on trying, Steve, to dig around for another one of your irrelevant analogies, to try to dilute what has been achieved.

You should really shut up, Steve. You're only making yourself look more and more petty, illogical and unpatriotic!

You should never have turned this American Celebration, into a partisan attack on President Obama, out of sheer partisan sour grapes, and nastiness.

What if? What If? That's the same reason why we lost four thousand soldiers, Bush's diversion from the enemy, bin Laden, over to all of his Saddam, What if's! All of them nothing but a scam.

The only REAL threat of Mushroom clouds, was bin laden.

Now, he's dead, and you should be counting your blessings, instead of diigging around to something negative to say about it.

G.

Sev
05-06-2011, 06:01 AM
Meanwhile the US economy is still going bust.

Osama is fading in the rearview mirror quickly.

Gayle in MD
05-06-2011, 07:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't "get" you, probably never will, and don't care to even try to understand what is behind your posts. </div></div>

Yeah, wolf,
Go back to fantasy land, where you'll find the Birthers, Palin, Angle, Trump, Virginia Foxx, Beck, LimpBALLS, The still closeted Linsy Graham, still closeted Eric Cantor, owl faced McConnell, of record breaking earmark fame, and a resident yapper, who is too stupid to realize that no policy goes forward, unless it is part of the President's stated policies, a President known for being an intregal part of every mission, who get the most wanted man in the world, and a slew of other Repiglicans who ran on repealing the Affordable Health Care Act, which they have now admitted is "Dead" in the water.

Then you can check out the resident "Deathers" who could't jump on here fast enough, to question the death of bin Laden, suspicious, he said, after 100% DNA proof.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Same ol' proponents of the auminumn tubes, Yellow cake, and Mushroom clouds, from a country who they still think was involved in 9/11, with nothhing but degraded nerve gasses, and a destroyed infrastructure, that they continue to insist, was a huge threat to our country, while he was bluffing Iran with obvious lies.

LOL, can't stand that "Suit" in the white house, who saved us from the Bush Depression, as our oil prices are crashing, continuing gains on job numbers, and a recovering economy.

LOL, go on back to fantasy land, where RUSHSPEAK rules the day! And where GI JOE, who never saw combat, raised banners, in true Cowboy Bushspeak "Mission Accomplished" became a laughable joke all over the country.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Warning, if you do go back to fantasy land, it'lll be your first trip, and believe me, you won't fit in, or want to stick around.

Sev
05-06-2011, 07:34 AM
I believe the Demoncraps will be exercised once again in 2012.

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 08:59 AM
They seem to have taken a perfectly executed military operation, and mishandled the post ops to the point where they look like a bunch of bumbling idiots.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-06-2011, 12:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They seem to have taken a perfectly executed military operation, and mishandled the post ops to the point where they look like a bunch of bumbling idiots.

Steve </div></div>

LMAO!

Now that is funny!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 01:07 PM
That is "classic Poolteacher" ..."HE may not have screwed up the operation, but HE looked bad in the ensuing press conference"
I guess they really could have staged it differently....having President Obama, dressed in battle fatigues, be shown jumping out of a helicopter, that had just landed on the WH lawn, and he would be carrying an AKA.

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Are you sure English is your first language? You certainly have problems comprehending the written version of the language.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 05:11 PM
you sure do spend an inordinate amount of time trolling my posts with your attempted putdowns.....not something that one would expect from a former "an Officer and a Gentleman", and now a retired "Captain of industry"?
I'm thinking that if a 73 yr old could ruffle your feathers, imagine what someone nearer your age could do.
I forgot to mention Gayle, who also seems to be a target of your trolling

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Maybe if you would learn to comprehend English, I wouldn't have to 'splain so much to you, Lucy!

Steve

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Ok, Ethel.....

Gayle in MD
05-07-2011, 01:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How would you define a world leader? Do they have to be a leader of a country? Why? Is the Pope a world leader?
If I buy an island and have a dozen people living there, can I claim status as a country and become a world leader?
Is the leader of China more of a world leader than the POTUS, simply because more people live in that country?
Is it a matter of size, or power, or influence? If it is, then OBL certainly had influence ofer the group he lead.

Your opinion is that OBL would not be considered a world leader, but on what exactly do you base your opinion?

Steve </div></div>

Well, lets just ask your opinon, Steve. Was OBL a world leader, in your opinion? You certainly put him in that status, with your remarks, and concerns. Did you not?

And, just how is it that in one post, you wrote that you couldn't be happy about anyone's death, or celebrate over it, yet you wrote this in another?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is it so difficult for you to comprehend that I can be happy that OBL is dead, and at the same time, question the motives of this administration in the way they handled things? Unlike you, I will not accept at face value anything this administration says.

</div></div>

So, are you happy OBL is dead, or not? Do you hold him on the same level, as you would a world leader, or not?

G.

wolfdancer
05-07-2011, 02:43 AM
He doesn't like they way the administration handled the operation!!
No casualties on our side, and apparently only one of note, on the other side ....I wonder which part of that he objects to? I'm sure the SEAL team would like to get his input....I may write a letter to the editor of the NY Times, stating not everybody is pleased about that news, and link them to the website

LWW
05-07-2011, 03:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, Gayle, how thick can you be????

This is not about Obama
This is not about Bush
This is not about Clinton
This is not about Reps or Dems

This is about a policy, pure and simple. Should it be our policy that it is ok to use the military to conduct assassination operations?

Steve </div></div>

In her fantasy world, what you have described is impossible.

Gayle in MD
05-07-2011, 07:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How would you define a world leader? Do they have to be a leader of a country? Why? Is the Pope a world leader?

Steve </div></div>

Well, lets just ask your opinon, Steve. Was OBL a world leader, in your opinion? You certainly put him in that status, with your remarks, and concerns. Did you not?

And, just how is it that in one post, you wrote that you couldn't be happy about anyone's death, or celebrate over it, yet you wrote this in another?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is it so difficult for you to comprehend that I can be happy that OBL is dead, and at the same time, question the motives of this administration in the way they handled things? Unlike you, I will not accept at face value anything this administration says.

</div></div>

So, are you happy OBL is dead, or not? Do you hold him on the same level, as you would a world leader, or not?

G. </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Bump???? </span>

Sev
05-07-2011, 07:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you sure English is your first language? You certainly have problems comprehending the written version of the language.

Steve </div></div>

Hondo needs to give him comprehension lessons.
Ummmm. OH wait. Scratch that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

pooltchr
05-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Probably not the best description of my feelings. I am happy that he no longer presents a threat to others. I'm sorry that someone felt that assassination was the best solution.

Steve

eg8r
05-07-2011, 06:44 PM
I don't think the American people would have been happy with any other result. I agree, I do not praise or get excited at the assassination of another human being. I am just happy that Obama gave the order to make sure OBL will not be a danger ever again.

eg8r

pooltchr
05-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Exactly!

Steve

wolfdancer
05-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Gayle,you are arguing with people that have tried to knock the entire mission, beginning with their objection to the mission's code name.
Well, I would like to now voice my dissent over his own terminology, as it appears to be a slur, on an otherwise fine Lady, and web entrepreneur.
(warning do not open if you are aligned with the Christian right)
XXX-rated (http://www.thepandorasbox.net/blog/)

Gayle in MD
05-09-2011, 11:51 AM

THE MAN WHO SAID HE IS PASSIONATE ABOUT THE VALUE OF BIN LADEN'S LIFE, AND CANNOT CELEBRATE HIS DEMISE, HAS BLOWN HIS ANTIAMERICAN, TERRORIST DEFENDING, PERSONA.

pooltchr
05-09-2011, 01:29 PM
And you have let us all know that you do not believe in the value of human life, only the lives of those who share your same beliefs.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-09-2011, 01:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And you have let us all know that you do not believe in the value of human life, only the lives of those who share your same beliefs.

Steve </div></div>

Nice try, doesn't fit though!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our country has always had a policy of not assasinating world leaders. Did we change that policy when we sent a SEAL team into Pakistan with the single intention of killing OBL?

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Yes, OBL was an evil person, responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent Americans. BUT, he was also the leader of a rather large group of people, not a country, but a large group of like minded people. In some ways, that would make him as much of a world leader as some third world dictators.
Steve</span> </div></div>

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEE, poor bin Laden, and his "Death to AMerica" followers!!!!

AGAIN!!!!

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>WHAT DID BUSH MEAN WHEN HE SAID 'WANTED! DEAD OR ALIVE' </span>

pooltchr
05-09-2011, 01:52 PM
What he meant was that he wanted to stop OBL. And, if while attempting to capture him, should he resist, than the use of whatever force necessary, would be authorized.

When a police officer is attempting to arrest a criminal, he has the use of deadly force available, <u>should it be necessary</u>. He does not have the right to just gun down an unarmed suspect.

Had OBL had a gun in his hand, and was threatening our troops, it would have been proper, though regretable, for them to use deadly force to protect their own lives.

This mission was not a "capture or kill" mission...it was a kill mission. There is a huge difference. Many of the FBI's most wanted have been captured without killing them. We have that ability. We don't target criminals for death...we target them for capture. How those criminals respond often determines the outcome. But we don't set out to kill people. That is not who Americans are.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-09-2011, 02:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What he meant was that he wanted to stop OBL. And, if while attempting to capture him, should he resist, than the use of whatever force necessary, would be authorized.

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 20pt'>BWA HA HA HA HA HA! HILARIOUS!

When it comes to your BS posts, this one takes the cake! </span> </span>

When a police officer is attempting to arrest a criminal, he has the use of deadly force available, <u>should it be necessary</u>. He does not have the right to just gun down an unarmed suspect.

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>OH REALLY? Lmao! fyi, IF IT'S A SERIAL KILLER, WHO HAD TEN DAMNED YEARS TO TURN HIMSELF IN, AND HAS INTENT TO KILL MORE, SHOOT TO KILL, IS THE POLICY.

YOU MIGHT AS WELL GIVE IT UP, STEVE. YOU'VE PROVEN YOUR IRRATIONAL VIEWS, BEYOND ANYTHING EVENN I COULD HAVE EVER IMAGINED! </span> </span>

Had OBL had a gun in his hand, and was threatening our troops, it would have been proper, though regretable, for them to use deadly force to protect their own lives.
<span style="color: #990000">REGRETABLE FOR THEM TO KILL HIM TO SAVE THEIR OWN LIVES???? YOU MAKE ME SICK!

So you're questioning our Special Ops, and their decision to shoot to kill.

I got it.

Easy FOR YOU to judge their judgement, WHEN THEIR LIVES WERE ON THE LINE, from your safe perch, in front of your computer.

The President wanted to avoid killing civilians, and ABOVE ALL, he wanted all of our guys, to come home safely, above all, avoid losing any of our own heroes, who couldn't possibly have known for sure exactly what they were walking into, but I'll be sure and let them know, that there's a guy in North Carolina, who thinks it's regretable that they should have put their own lives, above bin Lden's rights, and how disappointed you are, that they decided that killing bin Laden, was their best first response.

You really do repulse me.</span>

This mission was not a "capture or kill" mission...it was a kill mission. There is a huge difference. Many of the FBI's most wanted have been captured without killing them. We have that ability. We don't target criminals for death...we target them for capture. How those criminals respond often determines the outcome. But we don't set out to kill people. That is not who Americans are.

Steve </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style="color: #990000">BIN LADEN WAS NOT A CRIMINAL, HE WAS A MASS MURDERER, WHO HAS LED HIS FOLLOWERS TO KILL HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE, AND GUESS WHAT, YOU MAKE ME WANT TO THROW UP! I FIND YOU TOTALLY REPULSIVE. </span></span>
<span style="color: #990000"> Did we shoot to kill the killer in the Texas Tower?

DO WE SHOOT TO KILL PEOPLE WHO BARRICADE THEMSELVES IN HOUSES, WITH CAPTURED INNOCENTS?

SAVING THE LIVES OF MASS MURDERERS, IS NOT USUALLY CONSIDERED TO BE ABOVE THE SAFETY OF LAW ENNFORCEMENT, FYI!

I SUPPOSE YOU KNOW THE ENTIRE LAY OUT, OF WHOLE HIDE OUT, EVERY BOBBIE TRAP, THAT MAY HAVE BEEN IN PLACE, IN THE CASE OF A POSSIBLE RUN ON THE LOCATION, TO GET BIN LADEN.

DID WE HAVE A "SHOOT ANYTHING, AND EVERYTHING THAT MOVES" POLICY, IN THE VIETNAM WAR? WAS BIN LADEN THE LEADER OF OUR WAR ON TERROR?

YOU'RE DISGUSTING.

I'm sure your hero, you're "MIssion Accomplished" public nose picker, MIA Bofus, of the "Reserves" could have pulled it all off to your satisfaction.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

</span>

<span style="color: #990000">BWA HA HA HA HA....Dead or alive, means, I don't care if you kill him on sight! your version of Bush's statements, is probably the most ridiculous reach, you've ever struggled for.

In fact, there are a whole list of countries, whose policy, is kill obl on sight.

Why don't you read a book once in a while!

Too bad there's no throw up icon on here!</span>

pooltchr
05-09-2011, 02:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ <span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style="color: #990000">BIN LADEN WAS NOT A CRIMINAL, </span></span>
</div></div>

That one deserves to live on forever!

LMAO

Steve

pooltchr
05-09-2011, 02:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DO WE SHOOT TO KILL PEOPLE WHO BARRICADE THEMSELVES IN HOUSES, WITH CAPTURED INNOCENTS?

</div></div>

When there is no other option, that does happen. But, if that were standard first response policy, why would we have professional hostage negotiators? Is not our first choice always to resolve an incident like that without any loss of life?

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-09-2011, 02:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ <span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style="color: #990000">BIN LADEN WAS NOT A CRIMINAL, </span></span>
</div></div>

LMAO

Steve </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 20pt'> Out of context, again????

Yes, it should have read, bin Laden, was not JUST a criminal, he was the leader, of al Qaeda, mass murderers of Americans, and a range of other nationals, of other countries.

I'll be sure and print up your statements here, for future enterprises.....and don't worry, I'll be sure and give you full credit, for all of it. I know my friends, from the USO, and some of our recovering troops, at Walter Reed, will really find them to be just brilliant, and patriotic..</span> </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
05-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Still stalking my posts????????

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-10-2011, 10:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What he meant was that he wanted to stop OBL. And, if while attempting to capture him, should he resist, than the use of whatever force necessary, would be authorized.

Steve </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 20pt'> This mission was not a "capture or kill" mission...it was a kill mission. There is a huge difference. </span> </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'> <span style='font-size: 20pt'>More proof of your ignorance on the subject.

Two teams were sent, one for a sea burial, if OBL resisted, and another, in case the mission ended in the capture of OBL!

AGAIN, WHY NOT TURN OFF RUSH, BECK AND FOX, LONG ENOUGH TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

LOOKS LIKE YOUR ENTIRE ATTACK ON HOW OUR NAVY SEALS PERFORMED, THE STATED MISSION, THE PRESIDENT'S DIRECTIONS, WAS, AS USUAL, ALL LIES, NO ACCURACY, AND TOTALLY IRRELEVENT.

BUT KEEP ON DIGGING IN THOSE RADICAL RW CESSPOOLS, NO DOUBT, YOU'LL FIND PLENTY MORE LIES TO USE IN YOUR HATE OBAMA CAMPAIGN.

OBVIOUSLY, IF IT WAS ONLY A KILL MISSION, THE SECOND TEAM, DETAIL TRAINED, IN CAPTURING OBL, WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN INCLUDED AS PART OF THE MISSION.

NOW, APOLOGIZE TO THE FORUM, FOR MORE RW BS, AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, APOLOGIZE TO THE PRESIDENT, AND THE NAVY SEALS.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span> </span>

pooltchr
05-10-2011, 01:46 PM
I do not act at your command, so you can kiss my alpha.
As for the mission, that statement was made by a White House spokesman, not Rush. They stated quite clearly that the goal of the mission was to eliminate OBL.

I have nothing to apologize to anyone for. My position that I will not celebrate the death of any human stands on it's own. I know how you would love to twist it around to suit you, but there is not twisting to it.

I think the joy people are expressing is more of relief that OBL is no longer a threat, but very few people celebrate the taking of a human life. Most of us have more respect for life. You obviously don't. And that's ok too. It just tells me what kind of person you are.

Steve

pooltchr
05-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Oh...Gayle....

The SEALs' decision to fatally shoot bin Laden -- even though he didn't have a weapon - wasn't an accident. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>The administration had made clear </span>to the military's <span style='font-size: 17pt'>clandestine Joint Special Operations Command that it wanted bin Laden dead, according to a senior U.S. official with knowledge of the discussions</span>. A high-ranking military officer briefed on the assault said the SEALs knew their <span style='font-size: 17pt'>mission was not to take him alive.</span>

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/05/the-goal-was-never-to-capture-bin-laden/238330/

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Now, how about you apologize to the board for once again running off at the mouth about something you know nothing about!

Steve</span>

LWW
05-10-2011, 02:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ <span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style="color: #990000">BIN LADEN WAS NOT A CRIMINAL, </span></span>
</div></div>

LMAO

Steve </div></div>

I'm pretty sure mass murder is a crime.

LWW
05-10-2011, 02:18 PM
How can it be out of context when it was an exact quote that you made, and in the context which you made it.

This is just like the other day when I quoted dear leader's speech in it's entirety and you claimed it was out of context.

Do you even know what "CONTEXT" means?

wolfdancer
05-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Gayle, you should let this topic go. It's hard to believe that someone is mocking the President for probably ordering the death of a terrorist. I thought it to be a wise decision, as a trial would have brought the ones involved in that proceeding into grave danger, and probably for the rest of their lives.
When you try to defend President Obama for his decision, that makes you a target here. Let him/them rail on about the "unlawful" death of OBL on orders from the POTUS. In the end...it doesn't change anything..OBL is dead, and a lot of people are both glad and relieved..... and President Obama won't be tried in a world court, like, the Hague? for that "crime of the century"
I'm not sure if one could make a citizen's arrest on the POTUS over this, but it's useless to cry here over spilt <s>milk</s> er...blood?
I would also believe no one in NYC is shedding any tears over his death, nor anyone that has lost a loved one in the current wars.

pooltchr
05-10-2011, 03:18 PM
There is quite a difference between saying nobody is shedding any tears, and actually celebrating his assassination.

Steve

pooltchr
05-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Now that she has been <u>totally wrong</u> in stating that this was a capture or kill mission, she will either avoid this thread, or just pretend she never said otherwise!

You were correct when you said that if you let them talk enough, they will eventually be shown for the lies they repeat.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Since none of us on the left, have your top secret clearance, we are left to read what we can into the various public news sources.
If those sources are not as accurate as yours...I would still doubt that they are lies, as that would be easily exposed, and that source would lose all credibility.
You believe then that Gayle, maybe Hondo, or even myself,moi?, intentionally post lies here,hoping to put one over on people with yours and lww's credential, er credentials? That would be folly on our part.

Sev
05-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Nice to know that Bush had an agreement with Pakistan to all us to send in hit squads without having to inform the Paki's about what we are doing.

wolfdancer
05-10-2011, 10:58 PM
"It creates some serious moral issues".
I doubt if any of the heroic SEAL team had any compunction over his death. I'd guess they were really concerned about getting in, then getting back out, as quickly and as safely as possible.
They are heroes to most Americans

LWW
05-11-2011, 01:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"It creates some serious moral issues".
I doubt if any of the heroic SEAL team had any compunction over his death. I'd guess they were really concerned about getting in, then getting back out, as quickly and as safely as possible.
They are heroes to most Americans </div></div>

I agree.

Now, how do you rationalize your support for a POTUS ordering the invasion of a sovereign nation unilaterally without UN approval?

I suffer from no such moral or ideological dilemma as I haven't spent the last 10 years opposing the war on terror.

pooltchr
05-11-2011, 06:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since none of us on the left, have your top secret clearance, we are left to read what we can into the various public news sources.
</div></div>

There was no top secret information...it was announced several days ago, by the administration. I even posted a link to back up the statement. She simply posted her opinion as being fact, with nothing to back it up. Maybe you on the left need to find some more reliable sources.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-11-2011, 07:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not act at your command, so you can kiss my alpha.
As for the mission, that statement was made by a White House spokesman, not Rush. They stated quite clearly that the goal of the mission was to eliminate OBL.

I have nothing to apologize to anyone for. My position that I will not celebrate the death of any human stands on it's own. I know how you would love to twist it around to suit you, but there is not twisting to it.

I think the joy people are expressing is more of relief that OBL is no longer a threat, but very few people celebrate the taking of a human life. Most of us have more respect for life. You obviously don't. And that's ok too. It just tells me what kind of person you are.

Steve </div></div>

Eliminate, means more than just "Kill" as I understand it, it also means remove from power, according to a General, who happens to be a friend of mine....

Also....
Too bad, as usual, you rely on RW BS for your info.

Too bad you didn't watch PBS Frontline, last night, where the FACTS, were given, on the US, "Kill/Capture program" a campaign which the Military says has killed or captured more than 12,0000 to 13,000 Militants, in the last year.

The premier episode was the culmination of a six month, to a year of research into the campaign, by US TEAMS of our most elite, secretive units of soldiers to take out thousands of al Qaeda and Taliban fighters, the focus, on their leaders.

Considering the Taliban is supposed to be around 36 thousand people, that number would be about a third, of them, either killed or captured, in a year.

In the last two years, under the Obama Administration, we have killed or captured, trippled the number of killed or captured al Q, and Taliban, with these special elite/special ops, teams, among them, the unit which killed bin Laden, one of our special ops, Kill/Capture, teams.

That is, to be quite clear....THE MOST ELITE TEAM, THE TEAM THAT KILLED BIN LADEN, PERFORMED SIX TIMES THE NUMBER OF KILL/CAPTURE SUCCESSFUL OPERATIONS....IOW, AGAIN.... <span style='font-size: 14pt'>BIN lADEN WAS KILLED BY ONE OF OUR TOP, IF NOT THE TOP, SECRET, KILL/CAPTURE, SECRET, ELITE TEAMS, WHICH HAD AMONG THEM, SOLDIERS TO HANDLE THE DIRECT FOLLOW UP, FOR BOTH A KILL, OR A CAPTURE. THEIR FOCUS, THE IED MAKERS, WHO BLOW UP OUOR SOLDIERS, AND THE LEADERS OF BOTH AL QAEDA, AND THE TALIBAN.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the joy people are expressing is more of relief that OBL is no longer a threat, but very few people celebrate the taking of a human life. </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>a blatant contradiction, if I ever heard one, and total nonense. You don't speak for the thousands, who were in the streets, all over the world, celebrating bin Laden's death. </span>

I will leave you to grieve the loss of the lives of the leaders and IED makers, of al Qaeda, and the Taliban. Wondering as I leave this in your lap, since you claim to have been on the frontlines of Vietnam, when there was a "Kill anything and everything that moves" policy, how a humanitarian such as yourself, who gave rave reviews to Bush, when Saddam was killed, managed your grief over the loss of every life, during that war, in Vietnem, which you said, could have been won, if only it had gone on for another few years, without the interference of what you called, "Liberal Demonstrations" a prediction which not only Robert McNamara stated, could nevver have happened, but also, the Vietnamese Leader stated, was a civil war, which they would have fought until their last man dropped.

And also, how you dare to speak for all those others,.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I think the joy people are expressing is more of relief that OBL is no longer a threat, but very few people celebrate the taking of a human life. </div></div>

who you assume hold your same grief over the killing of bin Laden, given the massive celebrations in streets, people cheering with obvious glee, all over the world, when the news of his death, was released, is beyond belief.

Get your facts straight, in the future.

End of dicsussion.

G.

pooltchr
05-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Amazing how you can totally ignore facts when they are placed right under your nose.

Read the freaking link. This was absolutely a mission with one goal...assassinate OBL!

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>The SEALs' decision to fatally shoot bin Laden -- even though he didn't have a weapon - wasn't an accident. The administration had made clear to the military's clandestine Joint Special Operations Command that it wanted bin Laden dead, according to a senior U.S. official with knowledge of the discussions. A high-ranking military officer briefed on the assault said the SEALs knew their mission was not to take him alive.</span>

Steve

bobroberts
05-11-2011, 11:00 AM
I can't believe this topic is being argued. We killed a mass murderer.He got what he deserved. End discussion.

pooltchr
05-11-2011, 11:12 AM
It's not being argued. I just happen to believe that loss of human life, any human life, is not cause for celebration.

I am happy that Osama is no longer a threat, but I have a problem with one individual deciding to order his execution. If we are going to claim the moral high ground, we need to try and stay there. The SEALS were under orders to kill, not attempt to capture OBL. I think that sets a precedent that may well come back to haunt us.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-12-2011, 06:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Amazing how you can totally ignore facts when they are placed right under your nose.

Read the freaking link. This was absolutely a mission with one goal...assassinate OBL!

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>The SEALs' decision to fatally shoot bin Laden -- even though he didn't have a weapon - wasn't an accident. The administration had made clear to the military's clandestine Joint Special Operations Command that it wanted bin Laden dead, according to a senior U.S. official with knowledge of the discussions. A high-ranking military officer briefed on the assault said the SEALs knew their mission was not to take him alive.</span>

Steve
</div></div>

Proves nothing, anonymous source.

I suggest grief counseling, to deal with your grief over the loss of bin Laden's life....

"Wanted, dead of alive" GWBush, that dufus who never wanted to get his good friend's and Business buddy's, relative.....

Dead or alive, means, I don't care if you kill him, or not, not your standard, ridiculous version of Bush's statement.

Of course, once he had his private meeting, with Da Da, and they calculated how much money Halliburton and the Carlyle Group could make off the illegal, immoral invasion of Iraq, ....

Bush....

"I don't know where he is, he's hiding, I don't think about him..."

You're so transparant it's laughable.

G.

Gayle in MD
05-12-2011, 07:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's not being argued. I just happen to believe that loss of human life, any human life, is not cause for celebration.

<span style="color: #990000">IIRC, You had no problem celebrating Ted Kennedy's death. Did Hitler deserve to be killed? </span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>
I am happy that Osama is no longer a threat, but I have a problem with one individual deciding to order his execution.Steve </span></div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">And that says it all, doesn't it?.....that the one person, happens to be this president, and, you'd have preferred that Bush could take the credit?

The right, has spent days, claiming it was all due to their torture program....another ridiculously laughable RW BS attempt, to clear their Bush Administration of the War Crimes, they committed.</span>
<span style="color: #CC0000"> <span style='font-size: 17pt'> But, you're happy he's no longer a threat? Who would that be, Bush, or bin Laden? What scenario do you imagine would preclude bin Laden never being a threat, again? Bringing him back here and giving him a trial???? What a crock</span>! </span> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

If we are going to claim the moral high ground, we need to try and stay there.

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>LMAO! All except for when Republicans shamed our country, by torturing human beings, in which case, we can stoop to the lowest level of inhumane behavior possible, all with your moral blessings, as long as it is Republicans, acting like al Qaeda, and the Taliban, or any other inhumane thugs. What a crock of partisan, twisted, laughable hypocracy! </span> </span>

The SEALS were under orders to kill, not attempt to capture OBL. I think that sets a precedent that may well come back to haunt us.

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>You have no clue what your talking about, and further, the very fact that you're condemning anything at all about the success of this mission, proves your lack of critical thinking skills, and your extreme partisanship, which you have unsuccessfully denied for years.

Like I said, you are so transparent, it's laughable.

How dare you criticize this successful mission!!! How dare you judge what situation our Navy Seals faced, you weren't there, and your lies and criticisms about any part of the mission, are a disgrace to our country, our president, and our soldiers.

If the orders were only to kill, there would not have been a number of special ops, on the ground, trained in the speciality of capture techniques. I'm quite sure, they didn't want to send in anyone extra, who was not necessary, and thoroughly trained, for any unforseen result.

As I stated, bin Laden had nearly eleven years, to turn himself in. Instead, he was hiding out, still running leadership of his followers, long after Bush decided he didn't want to bother with bin Laden, and decided to tell even more lies, claiming that bin Laden was no longer important..."Mission Accomplished!" LMAO! Oh yeah, Bush? What mission would that be, a total Fubar, on every level of executive authority?

Frankly, if the order HAD been ONLY, to kill that SOB, it would have been just fine with me, as it is with the vast majority of Americans, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>except for those same nutbags who thought that using TORTURE was just fine!</span>

Repulsive...and with all the usual out of context tricks, denials and gamesmanship, that you and your buddy are famous for around here.

Disgusting.
G.</span> </span>

Steve </div></div>

pooltchr
05-12-2011, 07:28 AM
You are so full of it, I suspect your eyes are turning brown.

I have stated my position repeatedly, and you keep twisting it and using it to launch your personal attacks against me.

You are truely disgusting.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-12-2011, 07:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are so full of it, I suspect your eyes are turning brown.

I have stated my position repeatedly, and you keep twisting it and using it to launch your personal attacks against me.

You are truely disgusting.

Steve </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>
I am happy that Osama is no longer a threat, but I have a problem with one individual deciding to order his execution.Steve

</span> </div></div>

I haven't twisted anything. I ADDRESSED YOUR OWN STATEMENTS!

I think you made your feelings quite clear, YOUR GRIEF OVER KILLING A MASS MURDERER, WHO YOU THINK, HAD A RIGHT TO A FAIR TRIAL????

Now that your HYPOCRISY HAS been exposed, you're ready to attack, and, btw, it's "TRULY" NOT "TRUELY"

Don't bother responding, you're back on ignore....

I'm too happy that bin Laden is dead, to spoil it by trying to communicate with a ****** ** person like you!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

pooltchr
05-12-2011, 09:06 AM
So you think we should give the POTUS the authority to command the execution of anyone he or she sees fit.

I'm glad we got that straight. Just remember it the next time the WH is occupied by someone you don't like!

Steve

hondo
05-12-2011, 09:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you think we should give the POTUS the authority to command the execution of anyone he or she sees fit.

I'm glad we got that straight. Just remember it the next time the WH is occupied by someone you don't like!

Steve </div></div>

I would actually half ass agree with you if I didn't know this was all bull shit.
Substitute GWB for Obama and you'd be the happiest little tea partier in the whole USA.
You fool no one.

eg8r
05-12-2011, 09:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's not being argued. I just happen to believe that loss of human life, any human life, is not cause for celebration.
</div></div>Paraphrasing my email to Gayle...I do not celebrate the fact that OBL was killed. I find it hard to articulate what I am trying to say but I celebrate the fact that he can no longer continue doing what he was doing and he got what he deserved. What I DO celebrate...Relief for 9/11 victims. These people now have some conclusion and ending to a horrible story. I DO celebrate our war fighters for carrying out a tough mission perfectly. I DO celebrate our President for making the tough decision to go in Pakistan after OBL.

My take on the people celebrating in the streets after this news was not a celebration that OBL lost his life, but rather the monster in their lives was finally defeated. If he was captured I believe the true relief for the 9/11 victims would be put on hold for years until the international community ever did anything and OBL would die in jail.

eg8r

pooltchr
05-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Totally wrong, little buddy....but you knew that when you posted.

Until we elect God Almighty to the office, I don't want anyone to have that kind of power.

Steve

Deeman3
05-12-2011, 08:10 PM
When I am tempted (ok, I'm not). To feel Osama Bin Laden was not treated fairly by Obama, I think of all those people leaping to their deaths rather than face the agony of this cowards attack on 9/11 and of those firefighters running up the stairs to rescue people some having to know they'd never come down!

if Bush had ordered it, I'd be giving him credit right now and not questioning the decision! If the families of 9/11 victims can get solace from a little "dancing on his grave" start the music! They and every family of killed and injured soldiers have the right to that!

pooltchr
05-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Agreed. If the families of the victims want to celebrate, who am I to say they shouldn't? I can only speak for my personal feelings, and I can not celebrate human death.

But, my biggest concern is not that he is dead, but that an elected official of our government ordered his assassination. That was the point of this thread from the beginning. Since Obama did it, he has opened the door for every future president to send military teams out to assassinate anyone he (or she) determines is bad enough to deserve to be killed.

I also think OBL got off easy. A few years in GITMO might have actually been a more fitting punishment...if the left would have allowed it to be!

Steve

Deeman3
05-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Steve,

I may see your point in assignation of leaders for nation building or other "political" kills. However, this was the guy who planned, financed and ordered 9/11 and swore to kill more of us! I didn't want him at Gitmo with lawyers, and people demanding his rights. I know the slippery slope argument but if an American President ordered a hit on even a dictator I'd be railing against him! If this is war, and we have all said it is, the kill was righteous!

I do celebrate his death but just yield the right to do so to those more impacted/deserving than me!

Gayle in MD
05-13-2011, 02:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's not being argued. I just happen to believe that loss of human life, any human life, is not cause for celebration.
</div></div>Paraphrasing my email to Gayle...I do not celebrate the fact that OBL was killed. I find it hard to articulate what I am trying to say but I celebrate the fact that he can no longer continue doing what he was doing and he got what he deserved. What I DO celebrate...Relief for 9/11 victims. These people now have some conclusion and ending to a horrible story. I DO celebrate our war fighters for carrying out a tough mission perfectly. I DO celebrate our President for making the tough decision to go in Pakistan after OBL.

My take on the people celebrating in the streets after this news was not a celebration that OBL lost his life, but rather the monster in their lives was finally defeated. If he was captured I believe the true relief for the 9/11 victims would be put on hold for years until the international community ever did anything and OBL would die in jail.

eg8r </div></div>

Ed,
Every day, we're learning more about bin Laden's plans.

We were wrongly led to believe that bL had become somewhat, "Out of the loop" as a terrorist leader, or attack planner, after Bush decided that he wanted ALL, or as much of our attention, as possible, diverted to his creation of an eminent threat from Saddam.

As it turns out, bL was still the leader, the hero, the planner, for his franchsied organization.

If a person is so evil, that ONLY killing innocent people. is his focus, he doesn't deserve any fair trial, as far as I'm concerned.

It's not like there was any debate, anywhere in the world, that bin Laden, was the ring leader, and lived for opportunities to achieve even more "spectacular" attacks, and now, we know, those plans were led by him, and even indications of the fourth of July celebration? Train wrecks. His diary, is proof, that he was just beginning, his vicious hateful attacks, on innocents.

No one will answer this question, but, was Hitler's life, unfairly snuffed out?

I am probaly one of the most non violent, and anti-war, person, you could find. But, to me, while I know the religious believe that only God, has the right to take a life. Well then, explain our seemingly continuous wars? Explain efforts, such as Shock and Awe, thousands of innocent victims, died, all to get one man???

I didn't hear anyone who supported Bush, grieving over those mass murders????

The words that are being used against President Obama, so often have racial tones, undeniably. Those, by and large, who are whining over the loss of a life, that was lived, in the interest and determination solely to kill innocent people, is beyond me! Further, I know as sure as the sun comes up, most would NOT be concerned about it, at all, if Bush were the assassinator.

Again, I reiterate, I have yet to see any reliable proof, that this was solely a KILL mission.

G.

Bush indicated that general attitude, many times.

Gayle in MD
05-13-2011, 03:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's not being argued. I just happen to believe that loss of human life, any human life, is not cause for celebration.

eg8r </div></div>

Now, we have bin Laden's diary. Now we Know, for sure, he was still the leader of all of the terrorist cells.
bin Laden still maintained command and control, of al Qaeda, and was obsessed, with striking the US again, even more spectacularly, than on 9/11.

"Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not, we haven't heard from him in a long time, and the focus on one person means to me that people don't understand the.....

He's been marginalized. I don't know where he is, I really don't think about him anymore."

All I can say, is this.

I am thrilled, that he is dead. Not just happy, but thrilled! Just as thrilled as I would have been, had I been an adult, back in the day, and had just heard that Hitler, was dead.

I thought about bL, every time I went over the Chesapeake Bridge.

I thought about him every time I watched the Fourth Of July, Fireworks.

Everytime I talked with a family member, who had lost their loved ones on 9/11, including my own.

I thought about him every time I came home from Walter Reed.

But, he wasn't the ONLY one, I thought about. I thought also, about the huge mistake it was to make Saddam, our main target, and to violate the peace and safety of all of the Iraqi's, all of those little children, and what a total waste, tht whole effort, really was.

So I can''t relate, to those who would count bin Laden, as worthy of life, nor do I think that Jesus, would. But I can relate, to how Jesus might feel about those who lied us into a war, to kill thousands of innocent people, destroy their country, maime and kill their kids, parents, aunts, cousins, and then, lie about their failures, all for reasons, purposes, that hold no water, nor meet any sense of reason, or honor, to me.

G.

pooltchr
05-13-2011, 06:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Again, I reiterate, I have yet to see any reliable proof, that this was solely a KILL mission.

G.

</div></div>
If you haven't seen it, it is only because you don't want to see it. Military officials have gone on record as stating that this was a kill mission, and as you pointed out yourself, even Obama set that as the goal.

The fact is, we wouldn't have killed bin Laden, if President Obama, hadn't set his goal to do it.

G.

</div></div>

Steve

eg8r
05-13-2011, 07:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No one will answer this question, but, was Hitler's life, unfairly snuffed out?
</div></div>I always though the committed suicide, so my answer is No. He did it to himself.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Put in the Senate Record, by John McCain, yesterday:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>THE TRAIL TO BIN LADEN DID NOT BEGIN WITH A DISCLOSURE FROM KSM WHO WAS WATERBOARDED ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY THREE TIMES.

WE DID NOT FIRST LEARN, FROM KSM THE REAL NAME OF BIN LADEN'S COURIER, OR HIS ALIAS, ABU AHM AHMAD ALKUAITI, THE MAN WHO ULTIMATELY ENABLED US TO FIND BIN LADEN. WE DID NOT LEARN ABU AHMAD'S REAL NAME OR ALIAS AS A RESULT OF WATERBOARDING, OR ANY ENHANCED INTERROGATION TECHNIQUE, IN FACT, NOT ONLY DID THE USE OF ENHANCED INTERROGATION TECHNIQUES ON KSM DID NOT PROVIDE US WITH KEY LEADS ON BIN LADEN'S COURIER, ABU AHMAD, IT ACTUALLY PRODUCED FALSE AND MISLEADING INFORMATION
</span> </div></div>

McCain's statements, match the sworn testimony, of both, CIA Agents, and FBI Agents.

Yet, Bush, Cheney his repulsive daughter, Liz, Rumsfeld, and Rice, all the same liars as always, have lied, for years, blatant lies, proven lies, yet Fux Noise, is going to continue to present those lies, over and over again, and the sheep will say, Bah Bah Bah.......

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Waterboarding, has been defined as Torture, since before we even signed, the Geneva Convention Treaty, banning torture, by anyone, for any reason, in our government.

Hence, neither Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney or Rice, have left this country since the end of the Bush Administration. Two of them, have had to cancel trips, when informed, they would be arressted for War Crimes, if they did.

Also, there is no proof, to date, of any validity, that the mission in Pakistan, was a "Kill Only" mission.

Nor would it matter, since a slew of countries, including countries in the Middle East, were in agreement, that bin Laden, al Qaeda's Leader, and self admitted, mass murderer, was the top person, on the international terrorist list. The NUMBER ONE WANTED MAN IN THE WORLD.

We now know, of his on-going leadership, of al Qaeda, after being lied to by Bush, numerous times, stating that bin Laden, had been marginalized, and was probably hiding in a cave somewhere....not even worth thinking about....

Yeah, must keep our focus on those oil contracts, in Iraq, bad, bad Saddam, sitting there with a degraded infrastructure, no WMD, no Bio's no Nerve Gas, no potential Nukes, for Mushroom Clouds, no Yellow Cake, just in one of many countries, which were suffering and dying in ethnic cleansing, and other atrocities, but Iraq, was the one with easy access to oil, which Bush traded, for young American Blood, all for the former business associates, of the entire top level of the Bush Administration, including his Father, and his Father's Business Associates, the bin Laden's.

Ed, Richard Clarke, is a brilliant man, and if you ever saw him speak, there is one thing, for sure, if I know you at all, you would know, that Bush and Cheney, cherrypicked intelligence, to lie us into the war in Iraq, and additionally, that they came into the White House, determined to launch war on Saddam, for oil, and refused to heed unprecedented warnings, of the coming attack, on 9/11.

G.</span>

pooltchr
05-13-2011, 08:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Two of them, have had to cancel trips, when informed, they would be arressted for War Crimes, if they did.

</div></div>

Do you have any links to back up this claim?

Steve

LWW
05-13-2011, 08:47 AM
That was funny.

Gayle in MD
05-15-2011, 07:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you think we should give the POTUS the authority to command the execution of anyone he or she sees fit.

Steve </div></div>

YOU just remember, George Bush, put the assassination of bin Laden into the official American position, interestingly enough, with no complaints, by you, or your uninformed, convoluting forum weenies....as I often stated, while you were all in agreement with Bush Breaking the GeneveConventions, using torture, brfeaking the FISA laws, trying to politicise the DOJ, EPA, everry agenciesk, with Bushies, no complaints from you, at all, hence, YOU JUST REMEMBER, I wrote, over and over, that the right, on this non moderated forum, would be clucking like the chickens they are, as soon as a Democratic president was voted into office.

So GET THIS STRAIGHT, ONCE AND FOR ALL. THE KILL OR CAPTURE POLICY, WAS THE ORIGINALLY THE POLICY OF THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION.
IT HAS REMAINED IN PLACE, SINCE THEN, AS THE OFFICIAL POLICY. NO WHINING ABOUT IT, WAS EVER WRITTEN ON THIS FORUM, UNTIL PRESIDENT OBAMA ACHIEVED WHAT BUSH COULD DO IN SEVEN YEARS!!!!

Additionally, anyone who reads this forum, knows, you righties ARE THE TROLLING ATTACKING STALKERS, AND would all be absolutely ecstatic, if this mission had ever been pulled off by Bush, the public nose picker, WHOSE DA DA IS THE BIN LADEN FAMILY'S BUSINESS PARTNER, REMEMBER GW BUSH, THE record breaking borrower, and liar of the century, WHOSE TORTURE PROGRAM, YOU APPROVED OF, WHO SPIED ON AMERICANS, POLITICISED THE ENTIRE DOJ, BROKE THE FISA LAWS, ALL WITH YOUR APPROVAL, SO DON'T EVEN TRY WITH ALL OF YOUR CONDEMNATION AGAINST PRESIDENT OBAMA'S DECISION, TO GET BIN lADEN. BUSH STATED THE POLICY, WANTED, DEAD OF ALIVE, AND NO AMOUNT OF YOUR USUAL REALITY CONTROTIONS, CAN CHANGE THAT FACT, BIN LADEN MADE NO ATTEMPT TO TURN HIMSELF IN, BEFORE HE WAS KILLED, AND DURING THE MISSION, HE DEMONSTRATED RESISTANCE......SO UNLESS YOU WANT TO CALL OUR SPECIAL FORCES, LIARS, DROP THE FAKE OUTRAGE.

YOUR 'HONORABLE' BS DOESN'T FLY, AFTER YOUR WRITTEN STATEMENTS THAT WOMEN....LOSE ALL DEFENSES, ONCE THEY 'SPREAD THEIR LEGS'

THAT TOLD US EVERYTHING WE EVER NEEDED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR VAST APPETITE FOR FAIRNESS, AND INTELLECT.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

g.

pooltchr
05-15-2011, 07:46 AM
There is a huge difference between having a capture or kill policy, and ordering a kill mission.

Capture or kill means we attempt to capture, and, if there is resistance, or a threat to our troops, lethal force is authorized.

A kill mission means there is one goal...kill the target under any conditions.

Deal with it.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-15-2011, 08:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a huge difference between having a capture or kill policy, and ordering a kill mission.

<span style="color: #990000"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!! </span></span>

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 20pt'>WANTED! DEAD, OR ALIVE! THE UNITED STATES POLICY ON BIN LADEN SINCE GEORGE W. BUSH, PUT IT INTO PLACE!

</span> </span>

Capture or kill means we attempt to capture,

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 20pt'>OUR OWN SEALS STATED THERE WAS RESISTANCE, AND NO ATTEMPT BY BIN LADEN TO SURRENDER!

OUR SEALS MADE THE BEST DECISION POSSIBLE. YOU WEREN'T THERE, SO STOP CONDEMNING OUR SEALS, FOR THEIR DECISION.

ASSASSINATING BIN LADEN, HAS BEEN THE UNITED STATERS POLICY SINCE HE KILLED NEARLY THREE THOUSAND PEOPLE, ON SEPTEMBER ELEVENTH, TWO THOUSAND AND ONE.

THE THE POWER FOR ONE MAN, THE PRESIDENT, TO ORDER THE ASSASSINATE OF BIN LADEN, HAS BEEN OUR MISSION, PUT INTO PLACE, BY GEORGE W. BUSH, IN TWO THOUSAND AND ONE, AND HAS SINCE REMAINED OUR POLICY SINCE.

YOU DEAL WITH IT, AND STOP LYING ABOUT IT, IN ANOTHER CONVOLUTED REWRITING OF HISTORY, AND ANOTHER ATTEMPT TO SLANDER PRESIDENT OBAMA OVER HIS POWER, WHICH BUSH ORIGINALLY PUT INTO PLACE, WITH NO OBJECTIONS FROM THE RIGHT, OVER ONE MAN, THE PRESIDENT, HAVING THAT AUTHORITY, AND USING IT.

NOW, YOU'RE BITCHING ABOUT IT, JUST AS I PREDICTED ALL OF YOUR RIGHTIES WOULD BE DOING, AFTER THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION, STARTED THEIR ON GOING OVERREACH OF EXECUTIVE AUTHORITY!

YOU'RE A JOKE</span> </span>

and, if there is resistance, or a threat to our troops, lethal force is authorized.

A kill mission means there is one goal...kill the target under any conditions.

Deal with it.

Steve </div></div>

pooltchr
05-15-2011, 08:36 AM
You would probably be better served to drop it, rather than continuing to broadcast your ignorance.

"Wanted, Dead or Alive"

"Wanted, Dead"

Not quite the same thing.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-15-2011, 08:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You would probably be better served to drop it, rather than continuing to broadcast your ignorance.

"Wanted, Dead or Alive"

"Wanted, Dead"

Not quite the same thing.

Steve </div></div>

SINCE THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION, KILLING BIN LADEN, HAS BEEN OUR STATED MISSION.

'WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE, MEANS, THOSE WHO GET THE OPPORTUNITY, MAY DO AS THEY PLEASE, AT THE MOMENT OF OPPORTUNITY.

YOU CAN'T CONVOLUTE THE DAMN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, TO SUIT YOURSELF.

YOU'RE SLANDERING OUR NAVY SEALS. THEY KNEW WE'VE BEEN TRYING TO KILL BIN LADEN, SINCE THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION! DO YOU EVER READ A BOOK?????

IT WAS OUR NATIONAL STATED POLICY, SINCE CLINTON, THROUGHOUT BUSH, AND STILL REMAINED OUR POLICY, KILLING BIN LADEN!

DEAL WITH IT! YOU ARE ONLY PROVING YET AGAIN, YOU'RE OWN IGNORANCE OF THE POLICY OF YOUR OWN GOVERNMENT.

OUR SEALS SAID HE RESISTED, AND DID NOT SURRENDER. STOP SLANDERING THEM, FOR DOING A GOOD JOB, BY BRINGING ABOUT THE UNITED STATES' STATED POLICY, ON BIN LADEN.

LWW
05-15-2011, 08:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SINCE THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION, KILLING BIN LADEN, HAS BEEN OUR STATED MISSION.</div></div>

Then why didn't Clinton kill him when he had the chance?

pooltchr
05-15-2011, 09:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SINCE THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION, KILLING BIN LADEN, HAS BEEN OUR STATED MISSION.</div></div>

Then why didn't Clinton kill him when he had the chance? </div></div>

Good question. One that will not be answered, but good question none the less.

She will just repeat the same thing she has been posting over and over already.

I have two dogs that are more capable of rational thought than she is.

Steve

LWW
05-15-2011, 03:10 PM
As a follow up ... if that was US policy for over 10 years, why did it take dear leader 8 months to make a "GUTSY CALL" like he did?