PDA

View Full Version : Obama Slanders Geronimo!!!

Sev
05-05-2011, 06:53 PM
The natives are getting restless!!!!

Have not these people suffered enough. Now their heritage is being accosted by an empty suite.
Where is their social justice?????

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...geronimo_n.htm

<span style="color: #000000"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>Indian leaders cry foul over bin Laden 'Geronimo' nickname</span>

By Ledyard King , Gannett Washington BureauPosted
WASHINGTON The great-grandson of Geronimo is joining a growing chorus of American Indians outraged that the U.S. military used the name of the legendary Apache leader in connection with the recent operation to kill Osama bin Laden.

By Harry Hamburg, AP
Charlene Teters, professor at the Institute of American Indian Arts in Santa Fe, N.M., left, listens as Suzan Shown Harjo, president of the Morning Star Institute testifies Thursday in Washington before the Senate Indian Affairs Committee.

"Obviously, to equate Geronimo with Osama bin Laden is an unpardonable slander of Native America and its most famous leader in history," Harlyn Geronimo said in a statement to the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs.
The panel met Thursday in a session scheduled weeks ago to discuss how racial stereotypes mainly in the form of team mascots' nicknames were offensive to Indians. But the issue quickly pivoted to the code name the military had given to the sponsor of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
"This victory has otherwise united our country," Indian Affairs Chairman Daniel Akaka, D-Hawaii, said of bin Laden's killing. "It is unfortunate that this code name was chosen."

Akaka said the insult, unintended as it may have been, only demonstrated the need for greater cultural sensitivity. Indian leaders agreed, saying professional and college team nicknames, such as Braves, Chiefs and Redskins, and their clownish mascots, continue to demean American Indian culture and leave a lasting effect that can be seen in the down-and-out reservations that dot the United States .

"It's fundamental. It's overarching. It's undergirding," said Suzan Shown Harjo , a member of the Cheyenne & Arapaho Tribes of Oklahoma and president of the Morning Star Institute, a Washington D.C.-based organization that promotes Indian culture. "This is the kind of stuff that determines the policy we live under. Members of Congress don't make good public policy for cartoons."

There has been steady progress. Since 1970, the number of Indian names used by athletic programs has dropped from more than 3,000 to a little more than 900 today, she said. That's been helped by a 2005 policy adopted by the NCAA to remove offensive mascots.

That any remain is "ridiculous," Jim Warne told the committee. Warne, a member of the Oglala Sioux in South Dakota, is a college professor in California.
"I doubt the trademark and patent commission would even allow the 'New York Jews' or the 'San Francisco Chinamen' ... or the 'Cleveland Africans,' " he said, pointing to a board depicting exaggerated logos of those fake teams. "Yet Cleveland Indians is OK?"

Charlene Teters, a member of the Spokane Nation and a professor at the Institute of American Indian Arts in Santa Fe, N.M., chalked up a lot of insensitive behavior directed at Indians to a simple fact: "We're not a large voting bloc, so it's very difficult sometimes to get anybody to listen to us.</span>"

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 02:15 AM
While you attempt once again to slander President Obama; this time for using "Geronimo" as the code name for the operation.....the name has been used in the past many times by the military.
"The U.S. Army's 101st Air Assault Division has used "Geronimo!"
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Osama Bin Laden: Why Geronimo? </div></div>
XX (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13265069)
Maybe he should have checked first to see if the code name was politically correct.....or at least called Rush L., Glenn B. and Bill O......????
I guess "Operation Rumpelstiltskin" may have already been taken?
I'm not sure exactly what else your group can find fault with about the Operation....but carping about the code name...I think that story might work it's way around the internet.

LWW
05-06-2011, 04:45 AM
Sev never said he found fault with the ops name at all ... if you would stop being a nit you would realize how ridiculous your posts are.

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 05:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you would stop being a nit you would realize how ridiculous your posts are. </div></div>

No, I don't think he would.

Steve

Sev
05-06-2011, 07:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> While you attempt once again to slander President Obama; this time for using "Geronimo" as the code name for the operation.....the name has been used in the past many times by the military.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Osama Bin Laden: Why Geronimo? </div></div>
Maybe he should have checked first to see if the code name was politically correct.....or at least called Rush L., Glenn B. and Bill O......????
I'm not sure exactly what else your group can find fault with about the Operation....but carping about the code name...I think that story might work it's way around the internet.

</div></div>

I'm just wondering where the empty suites multicultural sensitivity is.

The code name is fine with me. However I am not the one telling everybody we have to sensitive all the time.

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 08:56 AM
An administration that bends over backward not to offend the muslim community should probably have been aware that American indians might be offended by the use of this particular code name.

And, since we are told that it was Obama who planned the entire operation, can we assume that he was the insensivive one who thought up the code name?
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Steve

Sev
05-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Perhaps he should have his little big horn slammed in a door.

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 12:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">empty suites </div></div>
What does a hotel's occupancy rate have to do with your outrage over the naming of the operation "Geronimo"?
I was going to write out a comment similar to the following, but I could not have said it better then Sara:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe you and others have misunderstood the use of the name. American children have used the name for generations to signify a leap into an all or nothing battle. It's meaning in that use is actually honoring a Great Chief the Apache Geronimo, who engaged in many all or nothing battles to save his people and his lands from invaders. REALLY, it was <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NOT,I believe she meant to say, after reading her entire comments </div></div> used by the SEALS in a derogatory manner, it was not to name Bin Laden or associate him personally, it was as I said a cry for battle and victory in a very dangerous mission. Please don't make this into something negative, we have enough of that as a people, Native Americans should be proud that our military uses the names of our Great Chiefs to name the baddest of the bad, helicopters, battles, and mission such as this one. Wa do...Sara. </div></div>
I think it's usage to be respect for a great American native warrior Chief.

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 02:10 PM
None of that changes the fact that there are American indians who are offended.

I'm with Sev on this one. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with it, but I'm not an indian, so that really doesn't matter.

If we are going to be politically correct, we need to be politically correct.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Too bad you weren't around then, for WWII, and also old enough to voice your displeasure over it's usage back then...
You can send a letter about your concerns to the Sec. of the Navy, and maybe even to the seal team leaders, themselves?
This address might lead to one where you can voice your displeasure directly:
SEALS (http://www.navyseals.com/contact-us)

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 05:54 PM
We didn't have all this PC BS back then. This is something reletively new that has been imposed on us by the left wing nuts with nothing better to do.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 06:15 PM
yet ...you are the one now complaining that the usage of "Geronimo"
I'd suggest that you find out from a few of our Native American Tribal Leaders, if they consider the use of "Geronimo" to be a slur.
I think it to be homage to a great Warrior.....

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm not the one complaining. It was his great great grandson. Take it up with him. He is the one who considers it offensive.

Don't be such a Richard!

Steve

Stretch
05-06-2011, 09:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not the one complaining. It was his great great grandson. Take it up with him. He is the one who considers it offensive.

Don't be such a Richard!

Steve </div></div>

Well then you can clear this up right now and state whether you think saying Geronimo is a racial slur or not. I sure don't. St.

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 09:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Well then you can clear this up right now and state whether you think saying Geronimo is a racial slur or not. I sure don't. St. </div></div>

If you actually bothered to read this thread you would know I already answered your question. Go back to the first page and scroll down near the bottom of the page.

But whether I think it is a slur or not isn't important. The idea of this whole PC thing is not to offend any minority. Since the great great grandson was offended, isn't that what is really important?

BTW, I'm a middle age white male, so anything that offends me doesn't matter. Offending my group is pretty well accepted. We aren't a protected class. You can't even commit a hate crime against me!!

Steve

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Has it been officially stated that President Obama himself, named the operation? Not that it really matters.
Don't you think it to be somewhat ludicrous for someone here to find fault with the operation,.... due .....to it's code name?
Maybe they should have labeled it "Operation Shirley Temple" ???
And to think that "Geronimo" was used extensively by our soldiers in WWII....and no one seemed to object, not even our American Indians. I remember reading something about our American Indians being used to transmit coded messages as their Native language was
difficult to decode. (just googled that)
XYZ (http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq61-2.htm)

LWW
05-07-2011, 01:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not the one complaining. It was his great great grandson. Take it up with him. He is the one who considers it offensive.

Don't be such a Richard!

Steve </div></div>

Well then you can clear this up right now and state whether you think saying Geronimo is a racial slur or not. I sure don't. St. </div></div>

It has long been a staple of leftists that if someone is offended, that is prima facie evidence of the act being offensive.

So ... you either agree that you believe it to be offensive because he believes it to be offensive, or you finally admit that this leftist PC idiocy has been contrived and is used only when it is useful in advancing an agenda.

All that has to be done is keep y'all talking ...

Gayle in MD
05-07-2011, 02:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">An administration that bends over backward not to offend the muslim community should probably have been aware that American indians might be offended by the use of this particular code name.

And, since we are told that it was Obama who planned the entire operation, can we assume that he was the insensivive one who thought up the code name?

Steve </div></div>

No one here said he plannned the enntire operation.

G.

Gayle in MD
05-07-2011, 02:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">An administration that bends over backward not to offend the muslim community should probably have been aware that American indians might be offended by the use of this particular code name.

Steve </div></div>

No more so than Bush.

Both president's have tried to make it clear, we are not at war with the Muslim Religion.

G.

Gayle in MD
05-07-2011, 02:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> While you attempt once again to slander President Obama; this time for using "Geronimo" as the code name for the operation.....the name has been used in the past many times by the military.

</div></div>

Silly thread.

So what, who cares!

LWW
05-07-2011, 03:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No one here said he plannned the enntire operation.

G. </div></div>

That was simply precious, in light of this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can bet your life, this president handled this thing so that there would be no possibility, of any credible conspiracy theories ...

I'm glad, we have a guy in there, who goes about things with a scalpel, and pristine pre-operation, planning, that ends in success ...

Update!!!

In the White House Briefing, it was explained that the President laid out all of the particulars, of how this process would have to be handled!

Nothing like fabulous Leadership!!! ...

The President, laid out all of the perameters, and they were followed to the utmost.
Whoopie! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

HE tells THEM what must be practiced, polished and in place, before we put our Special Forces at risk.

HE tells THEM, how to make sure ...

After all of those important p[lans and suggestions have been presented, it is ONLY the president, who makes the decisions, sets the "Must Do Before We launch" list, the... "NOT UNTIL WE HAVE ALL THE FACTS, and accomplish thus annd so" list. ... </div></div>

Hoist by thine own petard.

Again.

pooltchr
05-07-2011, 06:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Silly thread.

So what, who cares! </div></div>

Well, so far I have posted that I don't care, as did Sev, and now you, so at least 3 of us don't care. However, the great great grandson obviously does.

Now I don't care if kids want to wear American flags on their shirt at school on Sinco De Mayo, but they have been told is is offensive to their Mexican classmates. So it would seem that the rules are if anyone (other than white males) is offended, than it is politically incorrect.

If we are going to buy into all this PC crap, then don't you think our leaders should set the example?

Steve

wolfdancer
05-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Yet it seems like you were the original complainant???,
trying to ?? the entire operation for it's code name.
Come to think about it....I would also have suggested a different code name for the incursion, from a movie by the same name.......:
Operation......."Get Shorty"
As I wrote most Americans really don't care what name they assigned to the operation....I would have voted for Operation Hondo, had they put it to a vote.
On what date is Sinco De Mayo observed?

LWW
05-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Why did you duck the question about brothers being responsible for brothers?

You implicated Salem Bin Laden because he was half brother of Osama Bin Laden. Why?

pooltchr
05-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Sometimes you make me wonder why I even bother trying to communicate with idiots!

Steve

wolfdancer
05-08-2011, 11:59 PM
nobody is forcing you to troll behind both Gayle and myself....so how stupid is it for you to bother communicating with people that don't like you; don't like your insulting replies; and have no use for you or your childish putdowns... you are complaining about them? They/we have no desire to communicate with you....but going back to my trolling statement about you...stop talking sh*t about me, and my family...and I'll keep you on my "ignore this *******" list. I think you can impress the troops here with your amazing insight on all things, and not have to rely on making yourself look good, just by comparison....

LWW
05-09-2011, 02:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nobody is forcing you to troll behind both Gayle and myself....</div></div>

That's just precious being that you have trolled behind him every post in this thread.

Sev
05-09-2011, 05:55 AM
He's leading from the rear again I see.

Gayle in MD
05-09-2011, 11:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The natives are getting restless!!!!

Have not these people suffered enough. Now their heritage is being accosted by an empty suite.

<span style="color: #000000"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>Indian leaders cry foul over bin Laden 'Geronimo' nickname</span>

WASHINGTON The great-grandson of Geronimo is joining a growing chorus of American Indians outraged that the U.S. military used the name of the legendary Apache leader in connection with the recent operation to kill Osama bin Laden.

By Harry Hamburg, AP
Charlene Teters, professor at the Institute of American Indian Arts in Santa Fe, N.M., left, listens as Suzan Shown Harjo, president of the Morning Star Institute testifies Thursday in Washington before the Senate Indian Affairs Committee.

"Obviously, to equate Geronimo with Osama bin Laden is an unpardonable slander of Native America and its most famous leader in history," Harlyn Geronimo said in a statement to the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs.
The panel met Thursday in a session scheduled weeks ago to discuss how racial stereotypes mainly in the form of team mascots' nicknames were offensive to Indians. But the issue quickly pivoted to the code name the military had given to the sponsor of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
"This victory has otherwise united our country," Indian Affairs Chairman Daniel Akaka, D-Hawaii, said of bin Laden's killing. "It is unfortunate that this code name was chosen."

Akaka said the insult, unintended as it may have been, only demonstrated the need for greater cultural sensitivity. Indian leaders agreed, saying professional and college team nicknames, such as Braves, Chiefs and Redskins, and their clownish mascots, continue to demean American Indian culture and leave a lasting effect that can be seen in the down-and-out reservations that dot the United States .

"It's fundamental. It's overarching. It's undergirding," said Suzan Shown Harjo , a member of the Cheyenne & Arapaho Tribes of Oklahoma and president of the Morning Star Institute, a Washington D.C.-based organization that promotes Indian culture. "This is the kind of stuff that determines the policy we live under. Members of Congress don't make good public policy for cartoons."

There has been steady progress. Since 1970, the number of Indian names used by athletic programs has dropped from more than 3,000 to a little more than 900 today, she said. That's been helped by a 2005 policy adopted by the NCAA to remove offensive mascots.

That any remain is "ridiculous," Jim Warne told the committee. Warne, a member of the Oglala Sioux in South Dakota, is a college professor in California.
"I doubt the trademark and patent commission would even allow the 'New York Jews' or the 'San Francisco Chinamen' ... or the 'Cleveland Africans,' " he said, pointing to a board depicting exaggerated logos of those fake teams. "Yet Cleveland Indians is OK?"

Charlene Teters, a member of the Spokane Nation and a professor at the Institute of American Indian Arts in Santa Fe, N.M., chalked up a lot of insensitive behavior directed at Indians to a simple fact: "We're not a large voting bloc, so it's very difficult sometimes to get anybody to listen to us.</span>" </div></div>

WHERE IS YOUR PROOF THAT PRESIDENT OBAMA CHOSE THAT NAME, AS YOUR TITLE SAYS?

pooltchr
05-09-2011, 01:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
WHERE IS YOUR PROOF THAT PRESIDENT OBAMA CHOSE THAT NAME, AS YOUR TITLE SAYS? </div></div>

You, yourself, stated with great authority, that Obama had the final decision on everything having to do with this operation.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-09-2011, 01:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
WHERE IS YOUR PROOF THAT PRESIDENT OBAMA CHOSE THAT NAME, AS YOUR TITLE SAYS? </div></div>

You, yourself, stated with great authority, that Obama had the final decision on everything having to do with this operation.

Steve </div></div>

No, I did not state that. I stated that he gave a list, to the perameters that had to be met, before the operation could be considered, ready to give a GO.

I did not state that he planned the entire operation. I stated that he was in on every planning session, which he was.

I stated that the buck stops on his desk, he was the one, who was "The Decider" as your illierate hero stated, in incorrect Englgish, as usual.

AND "Geronimo," probably a name chosen for it's recognizable identification, one would think a war hero, such as you, would know about suchh things, LMAOQ!

And perhaps, and I'd even say likely, the name was chosen by our own special ops, and top Military.

But, You guys have shown exactly what you are, over the past two weeks, in more ways than one.
So now, go on about your main hobby, licking that RW radical Laddle, full of RW ****!
G.

pooltchr
05-09-2011, 01:55 PM
OK, so Obama was in on every planning session. Do you think he did not know the code name for the operation? And if he did, then the fact that he didn't impose his will to change it implies his approval.

Yes, the buck stops there!

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-09-2011, 01:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, so Obama was in on every planning session. Do you think he did not know the code name for the operation? And if he did, then the fact that he didn't impose his will to change it implies his approval.

Steve </div></div>

You're such an ignorant twit, it's boring.

You're Red State Flyover Bubba, mentality is showing, in RED NEON Lights!

pooltchr
05-09-2011, 02:18 PM
IOW, you can't think of a fact based response, so you go into attack mode.

so predictable!!!!!

Steve

Sev
05-10-2011, 08:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The natives are getting restless!!!!

By Harry Hamburg, AP

Charlene Teters, a member of the Spokane Nation and a professor at the Institute of American Indian Arts in Santa Fe, N.M., chalked up a lot of insensitive behavior directed at Indians to a simple fact: "We're not a large voting bloc, so it's very difficult sometimes to get anybody to listen to us.</span>" </div></div>

The president OK'd the mission. He would have to have known the code name. If he were concerned he would have changed it.

Sev
05-10-2011, 08:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, so Obama was in on every planning session. Do you think he did not know the code name for the operation? And if he did, then the fact that he didn't impose his will to change it implies his approval.

Steve </div></div>

You're such an ignorant twit, it's boring.

You're Red State Flyover Bubba, mentality is showing, in RED NEON Lights! </div></div>

Good thing I am a carpetbagger from NY Steve. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LWW
05-11-2011, 01:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And perhaps, and I'd even say likely, the name was chosen by our own special ops, and top Military.

G. [/b] </div></div>

Your earlier claim was that HE AND ONLY HE planned this from start to finish.

Why are you now changing that?

pooltchr
05-11-2011, 05:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Good thing I am a carpetbagger from NY Steve. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Don't think that would stop her from going on the attack.

Did you see how quickly she went on attack against a brand new forum member (Perky) just because she misunderstood his first post??? And she wonders why she is considered to be such a hateful, bitter old woman! It seems to be welling up inside of her, and spilling out at every turn.

You now live in a southern flyover state...you have been, or will be targeted!

Steve

Sev
05-11-2011, 06:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Good thing I am a carpetbagger from NY Steve. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Did you see how quickly she went on attack against a brand new forum member (Perky) just because she misunderstood his first post??? And she wonders why she is considered to be such a hateful, bitter old woman! It seems to be welling up inside of her, and spilling out at every turn.

Steve </div></div>

I thought Perky was one of the banned members. Who used always post the weenie pictures???

Stretch
05-11-2011, 06:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Steve </div></div>

Gayle is definately NOT a hateful, bitter old woman! This is only the opinion of you and her other tormentors here. She is mercilessly savaged at every opportunity so it is little wonder she sometimes strikes out at a helping hand. At least she is big enough to offer her sincerest oppologies for the misunderstanding. Something that is a foreign concept to the radical right here who have never oppologised for anything ever. St.

Sev
05-11-2011, 07:06 AM
It boils down to a matter of interpretation Stretch.
It would almost appear that Gayle would prefer individuals that disagree with her view on how the government should be involved in our lives, should be put into concentration camps.

Stretch
05-11-2011, 07:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It boils down to a matter of interpretation Stretch.
It would almost appear that Gayle would prefer individuals that disagree with her view on how the government should be involved in our lives, should be put into concentration camps. </div></div>

That is a gross overstatement, but maybe i "interpretated" that wrong? St.

Sev
05-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Not at all.
Her running theme for anybody that disagrees with her perspective is that they are dangerous, evil, ignorant, criminal and various other monikers.

Generally speaking we imprison people in our society for being such when they break laws.

ugotda7
05-11-2011, 11:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Steve </div></div>

Gayle is definately NOT a hateful, bitter old woman! This is only the opinion of you and her other tormentors here. She is mercilessly savaged at every opportunity so it is little wonder she sometimes strikes out at a helping hand. At least she is big enough to offer her sincerest oppologies for the misunderstanding. Something that is a foreign concept to the radical right here who have never oppologised for anything ever. St. </div></div>

She's not?!?!?!?!? Are you freakin' kidding??? This is a joke right? Come on, tell us it's a joke.

This is easily the funniest post I've seen in a while.

Thanks for the tremendous laugh.....pure comedy gold.

wolfdancer
05-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Gayle, it really doesn't matter about what anyone here said, or whether or not President Obama thought up the code name by himself.
Maybe he had watched the 1962 movie "Geronimo" that day...and for free on alluc.org. (he's always trying to save the public a buck)...and was inspired by the synopsis:
"An Apache warrior who defies U.S. attempts to bring the Indians under control grapples with an array of U.S. soldiers sent to subdue his revolt. Sympathetic scouts seek to bring Geronimo back to the reservation before he is hunted down."
And wasn't that what the SEALs tried to do...if only he had surrendered peacefully...??

Deeman3
05-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Does this mean we all insulted the Indian Chief's spirit every time we jumped off the playground swing and yelled his name? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
05-12-2011, 08:18 PM
According to "Our Gang" here, it was blasphemy of the highest order.

Deeman3
05-12-2011, 08:50 PM
One of my favorite lines in a movie was a line of guys jumping out of a plane (static line) and, of course, they yelled "Geronimo" as they each made the leap! The last guy, a dead lookalike for Geronimo yells, "Me!" as he jumped!

Well, while not PC to some it was funny to me! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
05-12-2011, 08:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to "Our Gang" here, it was blasphemy of the highest order. </div></div>

Jack, you freaking idiot! Nobody on here was complaining about the code name. It was his great great grandson who was doing the complaining. Some of us are just pointing out that perhaps our PC administration, who is always concerned about offending muslims, hispanics, and other minorities, should have been aware of the potential backlash from our American Indian friends.

Steve

LWW
05-13-2011, 04:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to "Our Gang" here, it was blasphemy of the highest order. </div></div>

Jack, you freaking idiot! Nobody on here was complaining about the code name. It was his great great grandson who was doing the complaining. Some of us are just pointing out that perhaps our PC administration, who is always concerned about offending muslims, hispanics, and other minorities, should have been aware of the potential backlash from our American Indian friends.

Steve </div></div>

You again are holding the bar too high.

LWW
05-13-2011, 04:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">should have been aware of the potential backlash from our American Indian friends.

Steve </div></div>

According to the cabal they are simply fly over bubbas and therefor must learn their place.

Stretch
05-13-2011, 04:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">should have been aware of the potential backlash from our American Indian friends.

Steve </div></div>

According to the cabal they are simply fly over bubbas and therefor must learn their place. </div></div>

Should have been aware of a potential backlash? LMFAO! Now i've heard it all. In your desperation to put a negative spin on this whole affair to question the political correctness of a covert operations code name is just laughable, sorry.

Throw enough crap at it and see what sticks, is that the idea? St.

LWW
05-13-2011, 05:18 AM
Please take some English comprehension tutoring.

Stretch
05-13-2011, 07:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please take some English comprehension tutoring. </div></div>

Since you are the only one compelled to question my comprehension i would suggest it is YOU that needs turoring. St.

LWW
05-13-2011, 07:34 AM
You obviously didn't even understand that.

Stretch
05-13-2011, 08:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You obviously didn't even understand that. </div></div>

Who cares. You? lol When i here from someone i respect i'll give it some weight. Till then your nonsense is just that. St.

LWW
05-13-2011, 08:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You obviously didn't even understand that. </div></div>

Who cares. </div></div>

Don't you feel better after confessing.

Sev
05-13-2011, 11:06 AM
We need to start taking scalps!!!!

GERONIMO!!!!!!

Stretch
05-13-2011, 11:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You obviously didn't even understand that. </div></div>

Who cares. </div></div>

Don't you feel better after confessing. </div></div>

Who cares, You? Was a question asked of you. Of course the cut off quote is your stock in trade. Thanks for showing everyone what a dithering nit you are, again. St.

ugotda7
05-13-2011, 01:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You obviously didn't even understand that. </div></div>

Who cares. You? lol When i here from someone i respect i'll give it some weight. Till then your nonsense is just that. St.

</div></div>

Maybe he didn't hear that....