PDA

View Full Version : Obama & The Secret Teleprompter Coach!!! 600K??

Sev
05-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Jesus H Christ!!! Really?? Seriously???

I thought the TOTUS was the coach???

Truly a sock puppet!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...mpter_coa.html
<span style="color: #000000">May 04, 2011
Obama's secret teleprompter coach revealed
Thomas Lifson
Barack Obama, the purported master orator, is spending a hundred thousand dollars of our tax money on an outside consultant to help him with his teleprompter skills. Perhaps last minute coaching is the reason why Sunday night's OBL speech was delayed so long.<span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style="color: #660000">The hundred grand comes on top of the $624,000 payroll of the White Housespeech writing team, so Obama's masterful oratory is costing us close to three quarter of million bucks a year.</span></span> With that kind of money, Gilbert Gottfried could sound good.

Jim McElhatton of the Washington Times has the scoop:

<span style="color: #000066">The White House is spending tens of thousands of dollars on a public relations firm headed by Democratic image maker Michael Sheehan - once dubbed by Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton as an "extraordinary media coach" who helped her master the teleprompter.

Mr. Sheehan's firm, Sheehan Associates, could receive more than $100,000 under a current contract and has been providing occasional speech and consulting services to the White House since 2009, federal purchasing records show.

Although Mr. Sheehan has a reputation of helping politicians look good speaking in public, neither his firm nor its White House client has anything to say about the contracting arrangement. Sheehan Associates failed to respond to telephone and email inquiries about the hiring arrangement this week and last, as did the White House press office.

As Dirty Harry said, "A man's gotta know his limitations." I do give credit to Obama for getting help. But can we please stop with the praise of his oratorical skills? The man knows how to read a teleprompter (with help), but as many have pointed out, when on his own, he often gets tangled up and ungrammatical.</span>

Hat tip: EdLasky</span>

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 11:42 AM
And some people wonder why the Manchurian Candidate comes to mind when talking about this guy.

He is not at all what he wants us to think he is. There is a certain image he works very hard to project, in effect, hiding who he really is.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 11:59 AM
The proof that he is the "Manchurian Candidate" is..........
he uses a Teleprompter? While I am sure that he has his intended speech memorized, the teleprompter is an invaluable aid, especially for the questioning that follows his speeches....AND that may be it's main usage?
I keep thinking you can't make a more questionable comment then you have made previously....but as the old saying goes: "records are made to be broken"

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 02:04 PM
You do make it difficult to have a grown-up conversation, but since I like kids, I will explain.
The point is that he is all about an image, and very little substance.
Image...as in...that which is created in order to create a persona that is not the same as the actual person.

Get it?

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>IT'S A FREAKING JOKE, WOOFIE!!</span>

Once again, may I suggest that you look up once in a while.

Steve

sack316
05-06-2011, 02:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...the teleprompter is an invaluable aid, especially for the questioning that follows his speeches....AND that may be it's main usage?
</div></div>

Why that would imply the questions are scripted and predetermined

Sack

Sev
05-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Man what I would give to be able to hack into the POTUS.

Could you imagine the fun that could be had. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 04:20 PM
That would not be my take....with the many and varied questions that he is peppered with on each news interview....he can't be expected to have a spur of the moment reply for each, nor would he want to "wing" it.... if he doesn't have have the details at hand. Maybe he learned from the many Bush speech fiasco's ....how important even minor faux pas can be in undermining a speech.
I would believe that he may not be the first POTUS to use a teleprompter.....if you want to assail him for that usage....that is your decision...

eg8r
05-06-2011, 05:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he can't be expected to have a spur of the moment reply for each,</div></div>Absolutely not, then people see that he really is not a thinker but rather just another regurgitator. I honestly think he is no better than Palin when he does not have his teleprompter.

eg8r

sack316
05-15-2011, 09:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would not be my take....with the many and varied questions that he is peppered with on each news interview....he can't be expected to have a spur of the moment reply for each, nor would he want to "wing" it.... if he doesn't have have the details at hand. Maybe he learned from the many Bush speech fiasco's ....how important even minor faux pas can be in undermining a speech.
I would believe that he may not be the first POTUS to use a teleprompter.....if you want to assail him for that usage....that is your decision... </div></div>

I have no problem at all with him using it. I think it is an invaluable aid. My previous comment was more of a joke, as you had said "...especially for the questioning that follows his speeches." Were a teleprompter of any use in questions FOLLOWING his speeches, the questions would have to already be determined (so that answers could already be typed in there) or someone is feeding answers into it as it goes.

Sack

LWW
05-15-2011, 03:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...the teleprompter is an invaluable aid, especially for the questioning that follows his speeches....AND that may be it's main usage?
</div></div>

Why that would imply the questions are scripted and predetermined

Sack </div></div>

In many instances they are.

Even when they aren't ... ask too many questions which trip up dear leader and you are never called on again, or worse.

Sev
05-15-2011, 07:23 PM
I was listening to and old school reporter about the use of a teleprompter.
There were no coaches. The prompter was set to the speed you read at and the rest was self explanatory. You just did it.

Apparently that is not within the quiver of a the sock puppets abilities.

wolfdancer
05-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Not necessarily scripted, although I would imagine that reporters are sometimes told in advance, that for security purposes...not to ask certain questions....say, like..."Mr. President, how many SEALS are you going to send to get OBL, and could we have the names and addresses of their loved ones?"
Not having the top security clearance of our board's 00007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iaR3WO71j4&feature=player_detailpage) ...I can only make a wild guess.

LWW
05-16-2011, 02:20 AM
OH MY! (http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/06/25/questioning-the-question-huffpost-obama-exchange-ignites-media/)