PDA

View Full Version : Cueing Gloves?

KalboKev
05-07-2011, 06:43 AM
I don't get it??? Mosconi played okay without one? A little chalk, "Feel" the cue??? I don't want to insult anyone. Never ever tried it. I just can't get past the Gay Factor...

cushioncrawler
05-07-2011, 08:17 AM
When my pinky gets sore, i put a band-aid on it. On my thumb uzually. A kloth band-aid works better than a plastik one, a kloth iz more slippery.
Dunno why anyone would bother with talc or a glove, when a kloth band-aid duz the trick.
mac.

Fran Crimi
05-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Some players really sweat a lot. To them, losing a little of the feel outweighs feeling sticky.

As for the other players who don't have sweating issues, I have no idea why they would prefer a glove over the feel of the cue.

JJFSTAR
05-07-2011, 11:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I don't get it??? Mosconi played okay without one? A little chalk, "Feel" the cue??? I don't want to insult anyone. Never ever tried it. I just can't get past the Gay Factor... </div></div>

A long time ago people started saying this statement that even simpletons can remember. It has since become a cliché. But it provides those who “don’t get it” with something they can remember and learn from; DON’T KNOCK IT TILL YOU TRY IT. When or if you decide to try a billiard glove I might suggest that you try one that is black as opposed to bright pink or bright purple to reduce the “gay factor”.

1. I am reasonably sure there are a few “gay” pool players out there that can beat you to a pulp with their “gay” billiard glove.
2. I am reasonably sure that the billiard glove had not been invented during Mosconi’s formative years.
3. I am not sure that had the billiard glove been invented before or during Mosconi’s time that he would not have used one, are you?
4. I am reasonably sure that most of the pro’s that I have seen using billiard gloves on ESPN are not gay.
5. I am positive that people who “poo-poo” widely used; tournament legal pool equipment without ever having tried said equipment are idiots.
6. I am positive that sexuality and pool interest and skill are not directly related.

So I have tried the glove and I don’t care to use one; here is why. It is because for me the intimate contact between my skin and the cue is more important than the reliability and smoothness that a glove provides. I am also very impressed with the “glide” a glove provides; it is just that for me, there is just too much lost. It is my guess that this is the way most people feel, or else; I think you would see more top players using them.

For the people that do use them it is my guess that they can forsake that contact with the stick in order to gain smoothness and consistency. I don’t believe that there are a lot of top players (if any) who don’t use a glove because they think they will “look gay”. I give them far more credit in terms of intelligence and maturity; of course, with a few exceptions.

pooltchr
05-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Quite simply, as you may already have figured out from some of the responses, a glove is a trade off. It offers a smoother movement through the bridge hand, but less actual feel of the cue in the bridge hand. You need to determine which is more important to you.
You can buy one for less than 10 bucks, so if you try it and decide it's not for you, you haven't broken the bank.
The best advice is to try it for yourself and see.

Steve

LWW
05-08-2011, 06:16 AM
After trying a glove ... I can't figure why anybody wouldn't use one, or at least try it.

pooltchr
05-08-2011, 09:12 AM
I tried it...didn't like it. But I don't have a problem with sweating hands. I prefer feeling the cue. But, like you said...you won't know whether it's good for you until you try one.

Steve

logic101
05-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Don't want to offend, but you did so anyway....

All the places I play provide no chalk and almost all restrict the use of chalk on their tables.

My hands sweat during play. I get the consistency I need by wearing a glove.

There are top pros that wear gloves. Hell, Earl Strickland sometimes wears TWO.

cushioncrawler
05-08-2011, 04:55 PM
U kan make a loop bridge with a glove?????
mac.

LWW
05-09-2011, 04:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">U kan make a loop bridge with a glove?????
mac. </div></div>

I can.

KalboKev
05-10-2011, 04:41 AM
I don't buy the sweaty hand "argument". I live in the tropics, play on open air tables "nearly" daily in the heat of the afternoon. Usually have to wipe sweat from my brow all the time. Often times I don't even want to stretch out and put my forearm on the table--is it will leave a "sweat" impression of my forearm on the cloth. I consider myself an "expert" playing with a "sweaty" cueing hand. It's a gimmick.

LWW
05-10-2011, 06:07 AM
So because it doesn't suit your taste, it's no good?

KalboKev
05-10-2011, 07:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So because it doesn't suit your taste, it's no good? </div></div>

It's just that if anyone has "sweaty" hands, I do. What's the percentage of top level pro's that uses one? Maybe 10 percent..tops??? It must be the best thing since sliced bread?

I only know of one locale guy that plays with a glove... A Foreigner. "Cano" in the locale dialect Ameri"Cano". All Forigner's are "Cano's". "Cano", just as I am. The Pinoy's laugh under their breath and say to each other in either or Tagalog or Visayas, words to the effect of "Here comes Mr Professional with his gay glove". And then he gets beat down. He hasn't a clue--hasn't made an effort to learn the language. It's a running joke. I wouldn't be caught dead in one.

pooltchr
05-10-2011, 07:53 AM
That's fine. Nobody will force you to wear a glove. But just because you and your friends find it "gay", doesn't mean it isn't effective for others.

If there wasn't a market for gloves, Sir Joseph's would be out of business.

Don't use one if you don't want to...but you have no right to slam other for using one. What does or doesn't work for you may not apply to others.

Steve

Sid_Vicious
05-10-2011, 09:43 AM
I went through a phase when I tried about everything in billiard gizmos, and the gloves were there as well. I probably have 3 laying around here somewhere, but learned very quickly that the naked feeling of the hand on the cue was what really fine tuned the stroke, so I've not even thought about wearing a glove in well over a decade. Gloved and various other stuff are placebos IMO. I am blessed with dry hands though. Maybe I'd feel different if I was a sweating player. sid

pooltchr
05-10-2011, 10:19 AM
I don't agree that they are placebos. I think they offer something of value to some players. Not every player, just some players.

I play with my MP-3 player. Is it a good idea or not? I feel like it helps me with my focus and concentration, so it's good for me. Wires dangling from your ears might bother you, so maybe it wouldn't be good for you. You might feel more comfortable with a wrap on your cue, while someone else would rather have an unwrapped cue. Is one right or wrong?

The real point is that the value of all the pool gizmos is determined by the individual. I can't tell you if a glove, or an IPOD, or chalk holder, or pool shoes are good for you, no more than anyone can tell me if they are good for me.

We all have our personal routines that work for us.

Sid_Vicious
05-10-2011, 11:32 AM
My statement "Gloves and various other gizmos" had an intended shallow depth. Sure, say an cue extender being used by a small person, or like you said, the noise cancellation of the MP3 player, helps many people. Gloves, Spider Aiming tools, elaborate practice balls, yada yada yada, all seem to me to be placebos for the most part, because players phase away from them so quickly.

As far as the MP3 player usage...my concern is that it is sort of rude to your opponent to squash the surrounding sound. I do personally relax better with the self elected music of my own, yet pool halls are noisy, and it's just part of the game. maybe the opponent doesn't care a bit, but it bugs me to some degree to play a person who struts to their own tunes and needs to be tapped on the shoulder if you want to tel them something. Funny that the topic came up though. I just bought a high end pair of in-ear headphones for the motorcycle, and have considered at least using them when I practice at the PH. The general music played there is absolutely annoying, not to mention some of the street people getting loud.

Back to the gizmos though. I remember watching the movie Tin Cup when Costner was going through the shanks, and he had all that weird garb dangling off his body. It kinda made me re-think some of my pool junk after I chuckled. I admit though...I've bought a lot of it, and most of it is still here somewhere, except for what I gladly gave away to people. sid

BTW, If gloves will keep the talc and baby powder out of the pool room, then please, wear your gloves. sv

pooltchr
05-10-2011, 01:39 PM
I completely agree with that last statement!

And I always ask my opponent before we start a match if they mind if I wear the ear buds.

Steve

LWW
05-11-2011, 05:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, If gloves will keep the talc and baby powder out of the pool room, then please, wear your gloves. sv </div></div>

That's why I use one ... I hate the chalk/talc/powder.

Rich R.
05-11-2011, 01:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, If gloves will keep the talc and baby powder out of the pool room, then please, wear your gloves. sv </div></div>

That's why I use one ... I hate the chalk/talc/powder. </div></div>
If you use pure talc sparingly and rub it into your hands thoroughly, it does not get onto the table and it doesn't cause any problems. The problems come when a player over uses the talc or power and doesn't rub it in. In humid conditions, I use a small amount of talc and I have never had anyone complain about powder on the table.

BTW, baby powder is not pure talc. It has some oils in it that may be good for the baby but, IMHO, they cause more problems than they cure for the pool player.

On the other hand, if someone prefers a glove, that is fine. It is just a matter of "different strokes for different folks".

Fran Crimi
05-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Hey Rich, do you remember a product that was marketed for pool some years ago that is talc without the white stuff? It goes on like powder but disappears, so that it doesn't leave residue on the table or a cue. I think it was sold in resin bags. I may still have some if I look around. I thought that was pretty good and that it worked. I wonder why it's not around anymore.

JJFSTAR
05-11-2011, 03:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What's the percentage of top level pro's that uses one? Maybe 10 percent..tops??? </div></div>

I think its maybe about half that; but here is the amazing thing, there is definitely a percentage of world class players that use this piece of equipment; you know this and yet without ever trying one you have stated that it is a gimmick as though that were an irrefutable fact.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I only know of one locale guy that plays with a glove... A Foreigner. "Cano" in the locale dialect Ameri"Cano". All Forigner's are "Cano's". "Cano", just as I am. The Pinoy's laugh under their breath and say to each other in either or Tagalog or Visayas, words to the effect of "Here comes Mr Professional with his gay glove". </div></div>

This does not make a billiard glove “gay” it does prove beyond any doubt that “The Pinoy’s” (at least the one that you play with) lack tact if not maturity and intelligence as well, heck look at Earl there is living documentable proof that one can be completely tactless and still play world class pool and BTW he now uses a glove.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It's just that if anyone has "sweaty" hands, I do. </div></div>

Then it is entirely possible that this piece of equipment can help you. You are just unwilling to try it because of an image that you have of it IMHO this is not all that bright. Pre conceived notions without first hand experience are notorious for their inaccuracy. Not just in pool that’s the way life works.

Last but not least one of the half dozen or so world class pool players we have in this area wears a glove. His name is Jim Morino; the last time Steve Mizerack (forgive sp errors if there are any) came to PGH they played for 5k in about 1991 or 93 something like that. Jim said “you want to lag or flip?” Steve said “I don’t want to lag on your table” Jim won the flip and ran out 11 consecutive racks of 9 ball. Miz took it pretty well to his credit but didn’t ask for a rematch. I would love to send Jimmy out your way just for entertainment. It might teach you and your “buddies” something about the game. Oh BTW he is also an expert billiard player he has hit well over a dozen consecutively all with a “gay” cueing glove.

Remember very carefully this parting thought. The first guy who ever said “there’s always a bigger fish” must have been a pool player or the like. Some guy that might show up some day who is dressed like a fish i.e. with a cueing glove; just might be a shark and if he knows all he has to do to look “gay” is wear a glove to the table it will be that much easier to come after you know who.

cushioncrawler
05-11-2011, 04:03 PM
The solution iz a grooved shaft.
Longitudinal groovs would eliminate or reduce stickyness.
For players with no stickyness problems groovs would reduce friktion anyhow, ie less need for rubbing and kleening.

I think at least 8 groovs, but 16 might be ideal.
I must hav a go at modyfying one of my cheap shafts if i kan think of an eezy way of making some neat groovs.
mac.

LWW
05-12-2011, 03:58 AM
What I hate about talc is the feel. With a glove, the movement of the cue is nearly frictionless.

With power, there is by definition residue on one's hand and cue.

I have no issue with people who use talc, it's just not for me.

LWW
05-12-2011, 04:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Pinoy's laugh under their breath and say to each other in either or Tagalog or Visayas, words to the effect of "Here comes Mr Professional with his gay glove". </div></div>

I really feel sorry for someone who is so insecure in their manhood that they wouldn't try something like a glove.

Rich R.
05-12-2011, 06:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fran Crimi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Rich, do you remember a product that was marketed for pool some years ago that is talc without the white stuff? It goes on like powder but disappears, so that it doesn't leave residue on the table or a cue. I think it was sold in resin bags. I may still have some if I look around. I thought that was pretty good and that it worked. I wonder why it's not around anymore. </div></div>
Fran, I am not familiar with that product but I would love to know what it is and where it is available. I'm not one for trying all of the silicone based products that people put on their cue shafts but I would like to check out a talc that disappeared. That sounds interesting to me.

Rich R.
05-12-2011, 06:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I hate about talc is the feel. With a glove, the movement of the cue is nearly frictionless.

With power, there is by definition residue on one's hand and cue.

I have no issue with people who use talc, it's just not for me. </div></div>
On the other side of the coin --

What I don't like about the glove is the reduced feel of the cue.

I have no problem with a little talc residue on my hand and cue.

I have no issue with people who use a glove, it's just not for me.

Like I said before, it's just different strokes for different folks.
There is no right or wrong to this issue.

Rich R.
05-12-2011, 06:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Pinoy's laugh under their breath and say to each other in either or Tagalog or Visayas, words to the effect of "Here comes Mr Professional with his gay glove". </div></div>

I really feel sorry for someone who is so insecure in their manhood that they wouldn't try something like a glove. </div></div>
I totally agree.

I want to be in the corner of the room when some one tells Earl Strickland, John Schmidt and Mike Davis that their gloves are gay.

pooltchr
05-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Fran, I do remember a product a few years ago that was actually a liquid hand conditioner that when applied and rubbed into the skin, not only kept the hands dry, but allowed the cue to slide through your fingers like a hot knife through butter.
I wish I could remember what it was, as I would stock up on that stuff.

Steve

Fran Crimi
05-12-2011, 01:52 PM
I remember something like you described, too, Steve. I forgot the name. Was it called something like Liquid Powder?

I found the one I was thinking of. It's called Smooth Stroke and it looks like a resin bag in a plastic bag. It goes on like powder-- white stuff and all -- but as soon as you rub your hands together, it disappears, but your hands stay smooth. It's good stuff.

Fran Crimi
05-12-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm sure that would work, Mac, but I would imagine grooves to be a distraction. No?

Fran Crimi
05-12-2011, 01:55 PM
It wasn't too many years ago that people in this country would have reacted that way. We've evolved.

cushioncrawler
05-12-2011, 05:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fran Crimi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure that would work, Mac, but I would imagine grooves to be a distraction. No?</div></div>On the other hand groovs might help aim for some.

I am thinking that one would paint the deep bits, otherwize the grooves would look dirty (koz they iz dirty). U kood hav the colors of your favorit team.

I imagin it might be very diffikult to make nice looking straight even groovs, ie in your garage. There might be some sort of tool and jig that kood help do the trick. Groovs kood be square, or praps Vee, or circular. U would only needta do say 16" length.
Duz anyone out there make cues????

Praps one kood look at glueing bits of circular metal wire. Here it might be eezy to get theze nice and straight and orderly.

I hav a steel cue, and it duznt slide az nicely az wood. Steel cues would be ideal for groovs i think. And aluminium cues. And glass or carbon cues.
mac.

cushioncrawler
05-12-2011, 05:56 PM
8 groovs = 8 colors (in tween the groovs) = the 8 colors of the balls (not inklooding the white qball, unless u made 9 groovs).
mac.

Rich R.
05-13-2011, 07:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fran Crimi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found the one I was thinking of. It's called Smooth Stroke and it looks like a resin bag in a plastic bag. It goes on like powder-- white stuff and all -- but as soon as you rub your hands together, it disappears, but your hands stay smooth. It's good stuff. </div></div>
Fran, I have some Smooth Stroke. IMHO, it is just talc, with no additives like baby powder has. It doesn't completely disappear but, when used sparingly and rubbed in, it doesn't get on the table.

cushioncrawler
05-13-2011, 05:41 PM
"Smooth Stroke"???!!!!!!!
I hav been uzing this stuff for years, but not for pool.
mac.

KalboKev
05-15-2011, 04:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Pinoy's laugh under their breath and say to each other in either or Tagalog or Visayas, words to the effect of "Here comes Mr Professional with his gay glove". </div></div>

I really feel sorry for someone who is so insecure in their manhood that they wouldn't try something like a glove. </div></div>

I'm "guessing" you use a glove? I live in a completely different culture, I HAVE to be able to hold me head up high in the barangay "neighborhood".

AGAIN--if it't so fricking great, why don't more top level Pro's use the "magical" cueing glove??? That's how they make their living???

Rich R.
05-15-2011, 05:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Pinoy's laugh under their breath and say to each other in either or Tagalog or Visayas, words to the effect of "Here comes Mr Professional with his gay glove". </div></div>

I'm "guessing" you use a glove? I live in a completely different culture, I HAVE to be able to hold me head up high in the barangay "neighborhood".

AGAIN--if it't so fricking great, why don't more top level Pro's use the "magical" cueing glove??? That's how they make their living??? </div></div>
No one is saying "it's so fricking great". All anyone is saying is that the glove is a choice. Some of us choose to use powder and others choose to use a glove. Others use nothing at all.

If you want to try a glove, try one. If some one makes comments about you, tell them you are trying to be like Earl. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

LWW
05-15-2011, 05:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AGAIN-- top level Pro's use the "magical" cueing glove??? That's how they make their living???</div></div>

What is your point. Many pros do use a glove. Many don't. Many baseball players bat left handed ... if it's so fricking great, why do some people still bat right handed?

The British drive on the left side of the road ... if it's so fricking great, why doesn't everyone drive on the left side of the road?

KalboKev
05-15-2011, 07:22 AM
You know what, all I can say is that I've NEVER, EVER sucked C--k. Yet I'm CONVINCED I don't fricking like it. If you want to argue the other side of that, knock yourself out.

pooltchr
05-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Perhaps one of the most disgusting posts I have ever seen on this forum!

Congratulations...you have set a new low standard.

Steve

KalboKev
05-16-2011, 05:59 AM
So you say. At some point you have to "chip your way" through the thickest of Skulls to make your point? I don't want to resort to that sort of thing. I Haven't tried the "glove". Don't care to. Again, IF it's so great... EVERYONE would use it??????????

pooltchr
05-16-2011, 07:56 AM
We have been trying to chip out way through the thickest of skulls. Nobody said gloves are the greatest thing, only that they are great for some people and not for others. Some people think liver is great, others think it's gross. Would you suggest that nobody should eat liver because you don't like it?

If you don't want to wear one, don't! But you have no business telling others they are wrong for using one.

Steve

JJFSTAR
05-16-2011, 10:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At some point you have to "chip your way" through the thickest of Skulls to make your point?</div></div>

I absolutely agree, take this into consideration. Have you ever been in a situation where there is someone who is asserting something and everyone around them is telling them the contrary? If you haven’t you will. When in this situation the intelligent person reexamines their position and the moron keeps asserting their own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live in a completely different culture, I HAVE to be able to hold me head up high in the barangay "neighborhood".</div></div>

Later on in life (hopefully) you will wear what you want to wear, act like you want to act, say what you want to say and you wont give a flying F what anyone else says or thinks. You will realize that this attitude is fine and necessary while in school or prison; but you will figure out that it is for the stupid and those who lack maturity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, IF it's so great... EVERYONE would use it?????????? </div></div>

This is your basic premise and the heart of your argument. This argument is as old as the hills and it is certainly not specific to pool; it is just how life works. I am going to make a last attempt to explain it to you and try to use reason and logic to make you understand.

First I ask you what piece of pool equipment is so great that everyone uses it outside of the playing equipment itself. I want you to actually think about that and not just react to the statement defensively.

Low squirt shafts, talc, leather wraps, moose bridges, medium tips, soft tips, a looped bridge, an open bridge, a skinny shaft, a thick shaft or a specific kind of cue? I could make a list that is a page long but I think you get the point.

The answer is that there isn’t any piece of equipment that is so great that everybody uses it. That is where the argument “if its so great why doesn’t everyone ____” fails. Feeble minded old people say this a lot about a lot of things I generally just shake my head and let it pass but there is some hope for you.

As I said this isn’t specific to pool this is how life works. Really think about what you are saying and try to separate it from pool and the negativity you have toward the glove. If wine is so great why doesn’t everybody drink it? If the crock pot is so great why doesn’t everybody have one? If pajamas are so great why doesn’t everybody wear them, same with the belt, shorts and the wrist watch? I could make a list that is infinite but I think you get the point.

The answer is all around you it is not a pool question it is a life question. The question of “if its so great why doesn’t everyone ____” is easily answered by “because there isn’t such a thing”. There are things that help an individual but there isn’t anything that helps everyone.

I don’t think that the comparison of wearing a glove to sucking c%@& is a good one simply because I know the latter will not improve my pool game. However I was not sure if wearing a glove would help my pool game or not until I tried it.

The common factor among everyone here is that they have all tried the glove (unlike sucking c&%$) with one exception and that is you. I have tried the glove and it’s not for me. The same holds true with hand chalk or talc it’s not for me I prefer to just keep my shaft clean. I don’t call you “gay” for using hand chalk that is wrong. There is one kid I know (a former student of mine) who calls my magnetic chalk holder “gay”. I can still beat him like a red headed step child and every time I blank him in a race I walk up and whisper “It’s my gay chalk holder” and that gives me great satisfaction.

You are a newer player I can tell by a recent post of yours.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Some years ago, a rather old Filipino told me.. "Ya know, in 8 ball--if you are playing a good player, and you leave only one ball plus the 8, or just the 8. You probably just lost." It's TRUE! So many ways to snooker... Wide open. They are all "Ducks". Control the Cue ball, you win. </div></div>

I don’t want to sound like a smart guy but, this is like saying “did you know that if you hit the ball low it will go backwards?” to 99% of the people that post here. My suggestion is that you do more listening.

LWW
05-17-2011, 05:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps one of the most disgusting posts I have ever seen on this forum!

Congratulations...you have set a new low standard.

Steve </div></div>

I wonder if this is another of Charlotte's aliases?

LWW
05-17-2011, 05:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You know what, all I can say is that I've NEVER, EVER sucked C--k. Yet I'm CONVINCED I don't fricking like it. If you want to argue the other side of that, knock yourself out. </div></div>

And if you want a chick to do it ... be sure to tell her that if it was so great, everyone would be doing it so she shouldn't.

Of all the nit arguments I've ever heard, that's top ten material brother.

LWW
05-17-2011, 05:54 AM
Well said. Only in closed and repressive societies does everyone dress alike or drive the same car.

bluey2king
05-20-2011, 01:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fran Crimi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember something like you described, too, Steve. I forgot the name. Was it called something like Liquid Powder?

I found the one I was thinking of. It's called Smooth Stroke and it looks like a resin bag in a plastic bag. It goes on like powder-- white stuff and all -- but as soon as you rub your hands together, it disappears, but your hands stay smooth. It's good stuff.

Could it be "Liquid Glove"

</div></div>

pooltchr
06-01-2011, 04:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fran, I do remember a product a few years ago that was actually a liquid hand conditioner that when applied and rubbed into the skin, not only kept the hands dry, but allowed the cue to slide through your fingers like a hot knife through butter.

Steve </div></div>

For anyone that is interested, I did find a bottle of the stuff...it was called Silky Hands Invisible Powder made by Cue Silk. It is a liquid in a spray bottle. Spray a little on your hands, rub it in, and you will be amazed at how well it works!

Steve

Rich R.
06-02-2011, 07:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fran, I do remember a product a few years ago that was actually a liquid hand conditioner that when applied and rubbed into the skin, not only kept the hands dry, but allowed the cue to slide through your fingers like a hot knife through butter.

Steve </div></div>

For anyone that is interested, I did find a bottle of the stuff...it was called Silky Hands Invisible Powder made by Cue Silk. It is a liquid in a spray bottle. Spray a little on your hands, rub it in, and you will be amazed at how well it works!

Steve </div></div>
I'll have to look for that product and see what is in it.

Fran Crimi
06-02-2011, 03:23 PM
That's the stuff I was thinking of! It really works.

poolmouse
06-11-2011, 12:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I don't get it??? Mosconi played okay without one? A little chalk, "Feel" the cue??? I don't want to insult anyone. Never ever tried it. I just can't get past the Gay Factor... </div></div>

My hands sweat. Not a lot. But enough so that it effects my stroke. I've used towels to wipe my cue and hand. But it's an inconvenience and doesn't always work if there's something that needs to be "cleaned" off the shaft. I've been using a glove for about 5 or 6 years now. I remember saying to my self "I'll never wear one of those - it looks so flaky!"

But I tried one and liked it. I never stopped using it. Sure, purists put down the shooting glove. But purists always put things down. The only thing that matters is how YOU like it. Try it and see.

DickLeonard
06-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Fran I think I was the first player ever to use a glove. I used in it a tourney in KIngston NY. It was my golf glove with some talc on it.

The Miz said to me that is a first. I have never seen anyone use a glove but golfers. How many golfers play without a glove. I think only Nicklaus played with out one. Dick

Fran Crimi
06-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Hey Dick! Long time. I hope you are well. That's really interesting about your being the first. Sounds like you were. I use a glove for golf because my hand would bleed if I didn't. I'm surprised to hear Nicklaus played without one. I never realized that.

DickLeonard
06-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Fran, Jack had short stubby fingers, it was very hard to play with an overlapping grip. The first time I caddied I had the oppertunity to see Gov Thomas Dewey called a no good sonofa- bitch.

The CC was Schulyer Meadows in Loudenville, NY. Dewey was an Honorary Member. Pat Mckenna and partner was tied with Duke Chapman and partner. Dukes father was Deweys Sec. of State. Alger.

Dewey was coming off of the ninth green when Pat
was teeing off on the ninetenth hole. He was decked out in his white Navy Bellbottoms and a colored shirt.

When The Gov yelled over to him Hey Duke I heard you maded football at Yale. McKenna finished his hook looking right at the Gov. Why you no good SOB never voted for you never will. Dewey turned into a midget, put his head down and walked into the Clubhouse.

I think that could have been when I learned to Love Republicans.Dick

sec.

father

DickLeonard
06-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Mad Mac Calloway Golf Club maker started off making Palmer Cues. Strange World eh. ####