PDA

View Full Version : CCB Tournament!!!

Lester
09-13-2002, 10:55 AM
I just want to say, I don't think I have ever seen the kind of comraderie exhibited so far with any tournament I have ever played. People offering to relinquish their spot for someone who wants to play, pledging whatever they win to charity, offering to loan someone their stick. I've played in quite a few tournaments, and I gotta tell ya, this one is shaping up to be a humdinger. JMHO ***Lester***

Kato
09-13-2002, 11:07 AM
Next year we'll probably have to expand the tournament. Hey Brady, how about a 64 person, 2 day, double elimination tourny/ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.

When I was in Carnegie we voted a girl to win an award on graduation day because she hadn't won yet. She won the award in front of 100 people, great moment. Well what kind of people would we be if we didn't help each other?

I guarantee you though, if I hit the table in stroke I won't be doing much talking. If you see me bouncing around and singing quietly to myself or whistling softly take a seat and check your socks, you've got time, all you've got to do is rack./ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif

The tournament is less than 3 weeks away, in 12 days I'm in 9-ball heaven at my first major event hanging out with people I've been waiting to meet for 2 years. This is what it's all about.

Kato~~~~you can see my smile from wherever you are in the country.

Lester
09-13-2002, 03:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Next year we'll probably have to expand the tournament. Hey Brady, how about a 64 person, 2 day, double elimination tourny/ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.

When I was in Carnegie we voted a girl to win an award on graduation day because she hadn't won yet. She won the award in front of 100 people, great moment. Well what kind of people would we be if we didn't help each other?

I guarantee you though, if I hit the table in stroke I won't be doing much talking. If you see me bouncing around and singing quietly to myself or whistling softly take a seat and check your socks, you've got time, all you've got to do is rack./ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif

The tournament is less than 3 weeks away, in 12 days I'm in 9-ball heaven at my first major event hanging out with people I've been waiting to meet for 2 years. This is what it's all about.

Kato~~~~you can see my smile from wherever you are in the country. <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Cool, now after I deal with Earl the Pearl, I hope my second match is you. ha ha BTW, I always wanted to go to Carnegie, but I guess I didn't practice enough. I did play at the Peabody Conservatory once though. I'm gonna get new socks and "suspenders" for them so they don't fall down just for the tournament. ***Lester~getting socks that rock!

9 Ball Girl
09-13-2002, 03:32 PM
Isn't it the most? I can't wait! Hey, maybe Billiards Digest can feature an article on us, being that we are the CCBers under the Billiards Digest forum, and take a picture of all of the CCBers with their keychains in tow, print our tag names under our picture, and have all of this under the headline Q Masters Billiards presents the 1st Annual CCB'ers 9 Ball Tournament.

If that happens, I can only imagine the size of the field for next year.

Wendy&lt;---/ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

Voodoo Daddy
09-13-2002, 06:33 PM
Lester, the sweetness level is almost diabetic...concidering how uterly brutal most of them were just a few days ago during their public stoning of a certain player/poster. Plain old sickening!!!

Tom_In_Cincy
09-13-2002, 06:37 PM
AND, don't forget the Keychains.. awesome.. that MIKEM would take the time..and money to get these made.. and then spend the time to get them distributed..

He shouldn't have to pay for a drink all week... LOL

MikeM
09-14-2002, 07:55 AM
Thanks Tom. Acutually I have enjoyed the whole keychain thing immensely. I think it's hilarious that all of us supposed adults get such a kick out of a little piece of rubber! I've already been well rewarded with some very nice private messages, hugs, and some great nuts. To all who sent money, thanks and you can rest assured that every penny was squandered on pool, gambling and/or alcohol.

I can't wait 'til two weeks from today when the CCB tourney kicks off. It'll be the party of the century.

MM

bluewolf
09-14-2002, 07:56 AM
If someone doesnt need my spot and i end up playing, do i get a teeshirt for playing the worst nine ball. &lt;G&gt;

bw

Rich R.
09-14-2002, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> To all who sent money, thanks and you can rest assured that every penny was squandered on pool, gambling and/or alcohol.
MM <hr></blockquote>

Mike, that is exactly what we all wanted to hear.

Rich R.~~~looking forward to the CCB Tournament.....and maybe the U.S. Open.

NH_Steve
09-14-2002, 10:29 AM
With all the CCB one pocket afficienados, you'd think maybe...

maybe next year? /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif