PDA

View Full Version : Nutty RW MD. City, Suspends Lacross Students

Gayle in MD
05-13-2011, 10:27 AM
BWA HA HA HA....these NUTJOB RW Thread Titles, prove how ignorant the authors are!

LMAO!!!! Easton!!!! Probably THE REDDEST VOTING DISTRICT IN THE WHOLE STATE!!!

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/05/10/2-md-students-punished-after-bag-search/

Reporting Mike Hellgren

Controversy Over Suspension Of 2 Easton High Lacrosse Players
EASTON, Md. (WJZ)— Outrage is growing after two high school students are suspended– one taken away in handcuffs– over items found in their lacrosse equipment bags. Those items are banned from school property.

Mike Hellgren explains the zero-tolerance controversy.

The parents of those two students say the school administrators are taking this way too far.

Talbot County schools are under fire for suspending two Easton High School lacrosse players over equipment they kept in their bags to fix their sticks.

“It’s a huge overreaction for a very minor infraction, and it wasn’t handled well at all,” said Graham Dennis, suspended student.

Laura Dennis’ son Graham had a pen knife and a Leatherman that school authorities found while they searched a team bus before it headed to a game. He now faces jail time and damage to his permanent record.

“A police officer came and took him away in handcuffs and they said ‘Give us 40 minutes, we have to process him,’ Laura Dennis said. “So they did mug shots and they fingerprinted. I was able to pick him up from the police department 45 minutes later.”

Doug Edsall’s son Casey had a lighter he also used to fix his lacrosse stick. The school classified it as an explosive device.

“The school administration apparently stepped in, and I think the wheels came off at that point. I think a big mistake was made,” Doug Edsall said.

“I’m just really terrified of what could happened, and it’s just been real emotional for myself and Graham of what we’ve been through,” said Casey Edsall, suspended student.

The school refused to answer any questions. Instead they sent WJZ a statement that says the students broke state law: “The criminal law does not have an exemption for any class of students. Disciplinary decisions are often controversial.”

pooltchr
05-13-2011, 10:48 AM
If the federal government, through the TSA were to treat lacross sticks the same way they treat pool cues, as a potential weapon, then I'm surprised the entire team wasn't arrested for having weapons in their posession. Weapons are weapons, after all.

Sure hope they don't have a billiards club!!!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Steve

LWW
05-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Out of control gubmint is a curse no matter which party/ideology is out of control.

I condemn it without regard to party.

You cheer it, or boo it, on a solely partisan basis.

Stretch
05-13-2011, 03:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out of control gubmint is a curse no matter which party/ideology is out of control.

You cheer it, or boo it, on a solely partisan basis. </div></div>

Please direct us to your condemnation of the out of control Bush. A curt retorte? anything?....St.

LWW
05-13-2011, 03:14 PM
If you had ever paid attention, you would realize how ridiculous you appear right now.

Stretch
05-13-2011, 03:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you had ever paid attention, you would realize how ridiculous you appear right now. </div></div>

Don't get pizzy just because you can't come up with any examples to support your claim. St.

Sev
05-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Didnt Steve post this a couple of days ago?

pooltchr
05-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Actually, it was UGO...I just agreed that it was insanity.

Interesting note....the school system is not operated by an elected group (school board) like most counties in the country...they actually have a private company that operates the public schools.

But you gotta cut her a little slack...you know she can be a little slow on the uptake sometimes, and she rarely comprehends what is written here anyway.

Steve

cushioncrawler
05-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Do not despair about bad, there iz good too, and u will find it in Chapel St Easton.
mac.

Welcome to Talbot Bible Church!
Greetings in the name of the Savior... born of virgin... to save His people... from their sins... Praise Him!

"God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent; Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?"
Numbers 23:19

Hundreds of year before the birth of Christ, prophets, who were God's mouthpiece, spoke of His coming! God kept His word!

He is a God of action. Action that stems out of love for you and me. His love was demonstrated (acted upon) through the sending of His Son to take on the penalty of our sins and to remove them from as far as the east is from the west. What joy we can know by receiving God's love-action toward us. More than that, we can demonstrate our appreciation, gratefulness, thankfulness, and love for Him by allowing Him not just to save us, but to transform us. Transform us into what we were intended and created to be from the beginning… image bearers of God Himself. As we travel together on "THE JOURNEY from Root to Fruit with Jesus" may we fulfill together John 15:8 where Jesus said...

"My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit,
and so prove to be my disciples."

With you in THE JOURNEY,
Pastor Dan Zollinhofer

cushioncrawler
05-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, plenary, authoritative Word of God, and the one rule of doctrine and duty. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

2. We believe in one triune God, eternally existing in three persons - God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit - co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections. (Matthew 28:19, John 4:24, John 10:30, 2 Corinthians 13:14)

3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His substitutional and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His interceding for the saints, and His personal return in power and glory. (John 1:12, Luke 1:26-35, 2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Peter 1:18-19, Acts 2:24, Acts 1:8-11)

4. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment, and, that He is the supernatural agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption. The continual infilling presence of the Holy Spirit in a Christian enables him to live a Godly life. (Acts 1:8, Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 5:18)

5. We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, are totally depraved and in need of the Savior from sin (Genesis 1:26, Genesis 2:17, John 3:16, Romans 3:10-23)

6. We believe in one condition for eternal salvation, in which is receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as personal savior and that salvation is by faith and not based on any work or merit of the individual. Also at the moment of salvation, one is justified (sins completely pardoned and one declared righteous before God), one is regenerated (born into God's family) and one is sanctified (a state of being set apart unto God. (John 1:12, John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 13:39, John 3:3-8, Romans 8:5)

7. We believe that all the redeemed, once saved, are kept by God's power and are thus secure in Christ forever. (1 John 5:13, John 10:28-29, John 6:37, Romans 8:38-39)

8. We believe that the Church, which is the body and the espoused bride of Christ, is a spiritual organism made up of all born-again persons of this present church age. (1 Corinthians 12:12-14)

9. We believe that the establishment and continuance of local, self-governing churches is clearly taught and defined in the New Testament Scriptures. (Acts 14:27)

10. We believe that the ordinances of the church are: the Memorial of the Lord's Supper and Believer's Baptism. (Acts 2:38-41, 1 Corinthians 11:23-29, Acts 8:37-38)

11. We believe in the "Blessed Hope", the personal, imminent, pre-tribulation and pre-millennial coming of the Lord Jesus Christ for His redeemed ones, and in His subsequent return to earth, with His saints, to establish His millennial kingdom. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-19, 1 Corinthians 15:51-58)

12. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life and the unsaved to judgment, and everlasting punishment. (John 5:28-29)

13. We believe that whereas we are individual citizens, subject to the laws of the land, we, as members of the true church (the body of Christ) are a self-governing body, absolutely separate from any state or ecumenical authority, subject only to the laws of God through Christ. (2 Corinthians 6:14, Romans 12:2)

14. We believe in executing Christ's last command to His disciples to carry the Gospel to the ends of the earth. (Acts 1:8)

cushioncrawler
05-13-2011, 06:18 PM
It took me a while to find it, kleverly hidden near the end, but there it iz.
mac.

"........whereas we are individual citizens, subject to the laws of the land....."

Gayle in MD
05-13-2011, 11:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out of control gubmint is a curse no matter which party/ideology is out of control.

You cheer it, or boo it, on a solely partisan basis. </div></div>

Please direct us to your condemnation of the out of control Bush. A curt retorte? anything?....St. </div></div>

Seems some people suffer from the delusion that everyone gives a damn about their opinions.

That election district of Maryland, is so RED, around here it is actually called La La Land.

But then, you know how it is with radical righties. Their political opinions are based on their emotional issues, not fact based,.... hence their love of the Beckistan sort of media....and when presented with facts, regardless of the accuracy, well, I don't need to describe that scenario to you, Stretch, that's for sure. You can see the whole sad display, right here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

G.

pooltchr
05-14-2011, 06:24 AM
Since you know so much about that area, I assume you also know that the school board in that county is not elected, and therefore, not a political entity. Of course, when it comes to hating a group of people, a little thing like that wouldn't stop you, would it?

Steve

LWW
05-14-2011, 06:32 AM
What's truly astounding is that this sort of idiocy has become the de facto rule nationwide because of statists pushing for their beloved state to keep us safe from our own selves.

Then, when a conservative area has the leftist nanny state forced upon them ... the far left blames the victims of the statism.