PDA

View Full Version : Have you got the stones?

Stretch
05-14-2011, 05:19 AM
Kidney stones that is. Anyone else had em? I had an attack the other day and was rushed to Emerg. Holy #$@& is it painfull! Waited all morning for the wife to get home then we headed out. Naturally we get stuck behind the school bus, caught every friggin red light on mainstreet, she made a wrong turn, ARG!

Anyway, was hussled through triage, got some morphine, and preped for catscann. Was in and out of there in 4 hours. Not too shabby i thought. Anyway, I've been well medicated since and still waiting for it to pass. Oh joy.

They tell me passing stones is on par with childbirth. Which gives me a whole new respect for Moms. St.

cushioncrawler
05-14-2011, 06:07 AM
I hav passed some pretty big ones. They catch halfway down my penis. What i do iz i pinch the end, and push hard (this iz while having a pee). The penis expands, u take lots of deep breaths, and then u suddenly let go of the end, while pushing with your bladder even harder. Its not eezy to do. The natural thing iz to back off at the kritikal second and what happens iz the stone hardly moovs at all, but hurts like hell.
But a successfull expulsion must be like childbirth, feels wonderfull. The stone uzually hits the back of the porcelain, and u see a big dark purple blob sinking into the depths.
Hell they are awfull things, up close they look like a sea urchin.
Best way to avoidem iz to drink lots and lots i think.
mac.

cushioncrawler
05-14-2011, 06:08 AM
For the really big ones i havta get the nurse to suck while i push.
mac.

LWW
05-14-2011, 06:29 AM
Try getting a reverse osmosis system for your drinking water.

Stretch
05-14-2011, 06:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the really big ones i havta get the nurse to suck while i push.
mac. </div></div>

LMAO!! I like that idea!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Thanks for all the advice mac. That pinch and push method sounds like it might come in handy. I'm on oxycodone now and was a bit nauseous earlier but it's keeping me sane. St.

Stretch
05-14-2011, 07:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try getting a reverse osmosis system for your drinking water. </div></div>

I don't believe drinking water is the issue as we draw our drinking water from a mountain spring up the road. It's as pure as it gets. I've been directed to piss through a strainer in order to catch it for analysis. I'll likely get a full report and recommendations about diet, drink, or whatever. I've been drinking lots of cranberry juice. Was told that it works wonders for any urinary track infections/inflamations and the like. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, not even you.......i know, i know, it must be the drugs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif St.

Sev
05-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Sorry to hear about the stones stretch.
Hoping to never have the experience.

I am just glad I wasnt swallowing my coffee when I read Macs post. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
05-14-2011, 07:38 AM
Here you go, friend. Hope you're better soon. And yes, drink buckets of Cranberry Juice, and drink it regularly, even after you're over this.

http://www.livestrong.com/acid-urine/

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=46662

Love,
G.

Stretch
05-14-2011, 08:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry to hear about the stones stretch.
Hoping to never have the experience.

I am just glad I wasnt swallowing my coffee when I read Macs post. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Ya priceless, i'm still laughing about that one. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif St.

Sev
05-14-2011, 09:14 AM
It paints a pretty funny visual. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Perky
05-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Hope you're feeling better.

Didn't have kidney stones but did have gall stones which precipitated a gall-bladder attack some years back. Went to bed feeling fine... woke in the middle of the nite in great pain. Taken into emergency leading to a 3 month... 60 lb weight loss hospital stay. Developed an abscess in pancreas causing the pancreas to enlarge some 20 times, leaking stomach acids into my body cavity and dissolving parts of some organs... lost 90% of pancreas but fortunately didn't become diabetic. At one point they counseled my wife to prepare herself because they didn't believe I would make it.

Discovered what the, Welcome Back Kotter phrase... "Up your nose with a rubber hose" actually meant.

If you're ever offered an. Ice Lavage'... refuse it!! Sounds like a lovely cold drink but actually means pumping out your stomach and then filling it with crushed ice.

This is of course the extremely abbreviated short story... but to make it short, just wasn't my time. Have a wonderful wife who was a great advocate for me during my illness.

Look forward to seeing you in August and will give you the extended version if your interested. Like many of life's trials makes a very interesting story... just don't want to go back there again /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Stretch
05-14-2011, 09:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Perky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope you're feeling better.

Didn't have kidney stones but did have gall stones which precipitated a gall-bladder attack some years back. Went to bed feeling fine... woke in the middle of the nite in great pain. Taken into emergency leading to a 3 month... 60 lb weight loss hospital stay. Developed an abscess in pancreas causing the pancreas to enlarge some 20 times, leaking stomach acids into my body cavity and dissolving parts of some organs... lost 90% of pancreas but fortunately didn't become diabetic. At one point they counseled my wife to prepare herself because they didn't believe I would make it.

Discovered what the, Welcome Back Kotter phrase... "Up your nose with a rubber hose" actually meant.

If you're ever offered an. Ice Lavage'... refuse it!! Sounds like a lovely cold drink but actually means pumping out your stomach and then filling it with crushed ice.

This is of course the extremely abbreviated short story... but to make it short, just wasn't my time. Have a wonderful wife who was a great advocate for me during my illness.

Look forward to seeing you in August and will give you the extended version if your interested. Like many of life's trials makes a very interesting story... just don't want to go back there again /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

Holy shit Perks! I'll never complain about my kidney stones again.....glad you pulled through. I would imagine something like that sure changes your perspective on things. St.

Sev
05-14-2011, 09:53 AM
That hurt just reading it.

Glad you came through it ok.

Perky
05-14-2011, 10:05 AM
All worked out to the good... definitely puts you in close touch with your own mortality. There's an acceptance that comes in the process of all this, so not really all that scary. That being said, there is never any great acceptance of pain... pain continues to suck. Actually at one point I told my wife how I wanted my wake and funeral done... as it turned out the cemetery I wanted to be buried in wouldn't have accepted me... cause I'm not Catholic. I've since decided I'm a Neo-Pagen... a church of one ...and if anyone else wanted to join my church, I'd surely quit.

Although have considered because of my Danish descent... one of the proudest things I have about that ancestry is that during WWII when the Nazis wanted them to give up the Jews... they all put on yellow stars, so the Nazis couldn't tell who the real Jews were. In that light, considering the hate mongering bigotry that exists in North America against our vastly peace loving Muslim population... I have been considering calling myself a Muslim /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sev
05-14-2011, 12:21 PM
That will get you odd looks.

I'll send you a vest so you can look the part. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

cushioncrawler
05-14-2011, 07:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the really big ones i havta get the nurse to suck while i push. mac.</div></div>LMAO!! I like that idea!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Thanks for all the advice mac. That pinch and push method sounds like it might come in handy. I'm on oxycodone now and was a bit nauseous earlier but it's keeping me sane. St.</div></div>In the usofa it iz 50/50 that the hozzy haz a 7' tall male puerto-rican nurse specially trained for sucking. I think that the trainee hazta suck a golf ball throo 10' of garden hoze. But the good news iz that u get most of the cost back on insurance.

I would simply drink more. My doc told me to keep kleer of strawberrys and rhubarb (i think), koz my stones were oxylates.

Sev
05-15-2011, 07:58 PM
So aahhhhhh what does Mad sherrie think about this sucking arrangement???? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

cushioncrawler
05-16-2011, 04:57 AM
Nowadays it iz the reverse, i drink too much, must get up for 5 pees some nites. But madSherie sez i will get stones koz i put too much salt on everything, she might be korrekt, but the few stones i hav had for years now i passed ok.
mac.

Sev
05-16-2011, 06:42 AM
I suspect the barrel built up some calluses from passing all those stones.

Stretch
05-16-2011, 07:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suspect the barrel built up some calluses from passing all those stones. </div></div>

I'm surprised he hasn't accidently shot the dog yet. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif St.

Perky
05-16-2011, 09:04 AM
I think he needs to be very careful these days where he points that thing.

Sev
05-16-2011, 09:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suspect the barrel built up some calluses from passing all those stones. </div></div>

I'm surprised he hasn't accidently shot the dog yet. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif St. </div></div>

LMAO!! HAHAHHA!!