PDA

View Full Version : A wonderful week!

sack316
05-16-2011, 12:25 PM
So just got back late Saturday from my week long trip to Orlando, and it was a wonderful time!

We did an "old school" family vacation with me, my sister, and my parents... the kind we haven't all done since me and my sis were kids. With me now 31, and her 25, I wasn't quite sure how the family dynamic would be with us all together for a full week. I've been out on my own for over a decade, and my sis has been on her own at school for 6 or 7 years herself. I mean, we are very close as a family, but we also all have the freedom to get away from each other when we want to these days too /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

But I tell y'all what, for a week I pretty well felt like a kid again! We hit up Universal Studios and stayed on the property there, which has really developed A LOT since I was last there. And for anyone interested, staying on the property is well worth it! You don't need a vehicle, the boats can take you anywhere you need to. And the early admission to parks coupled with the express pass for ride lines is well worth the extra cost of staying on their resort property! I don't think we waited for more than 5 or 10 minutes for any ride the whole time we were there! Which is really saying something considering how many school groups were in the parks this last week.

My only knock on it (which is to be expected) is for a family of 4 you're not gonna get many meals without approaching the $100 mark. But that's just part of being the "tourist" anywhere these days I suppose.

I had a friend I used to work with drive up from Tampa to visit one evening, which was great to see her again! Side note from a previous debate: She drove on a Thursday, leaving Tampa at 4:30PM and arrived to my resort in Orlando at 5:40PM. I hour and ten minutes, during busy traffic time! Sorry Gayle /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

My only regret is I didn't get a chance to meet up with Ed while I was there. Bless him he did try though. He was kind enough to call me early on in the week, and again texted me Friday to invite me out to shoot some pool. So thank you Ed for trying, and I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to hang out this go around. I'll get down there sometime and make it up to ya! And while on this note, Ed enjoy every moment with those great kids of yours! I could feel and see it in my parents how much this trip with me and my sister meant to them. With us both grown and out in the world, I can really tell how much they miss their "babies" being around with them all the time. Truth be told, I never realized how much I sometimes miss those types of times together as well!

Anyway, all in all a great trip! I hope we will get the chance to have a similar vacation sometime again!

Sack

pooltchr
05-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Sack,
There is no time limit to enjoying family vacations. We took my parents camping at the beach a couple of times. (Motorhome, not a tent!) My Mom enjoyed it a lot, but my Dad was probably the happiest I ever remembered seeing him. We had a golf cart with us, and he would want to just ride around the campground. There were plenty of seniors and he made so many friends it was unreal. It was kinda cool, taking my parents on vacation, after all the times they had taken us as kids.

My Dad passed away a few years ago, and I will always be glad we had the chance to spend those times together.

Take advantage of every opportunity you have to spend with your family. You never know when those times will no longer be available.

Glad you had a great time. Start planning your next one soon!

Steve

sack316
05-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks Steve and you are certainly right! My sis will be moving to Seattle at the end of this year, and who knows what I'll do when I finish school this summer (I think that's one reason why they did it now, because they know I'm the type that has no problem just packing up and going at a moments notice just to do it lol).

My Dad isn't the type that tends to shell out a lot of money, but he was all about it this last week, which is an odd/shallow sign that he's REALLY into something /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Also his job really changed up a lot a few years ago, and he tends to be in a pretty foul mood because of it a lot of times... but for an entire week that man walked around with a smile on his face. I can't begin to express how great that was to see!

And Mom, well she's always happy anytime me or my sis are around /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Can't speak for everyone, but I know I'll admit I got caught up in life stuff and just didn't realize how great such times are, or how much they are missed. I think I really under appreciated the value of family time like that.

Sack

eg8r
05-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Where exactly is your friend referring to when she says "Tampa". Usually when someone mentions Tampa they are not really that far. To make it to Universal in an hour and ten minutes the speed limit was severly ignored and they probably lived on the absolute north/northeast side where they could jump on I4 immediately. I worked just north of Clearwater travleling back and forth each week and I will tell you, it was much longer than an hour in real rush hour traffic. I4 is like a 10 lane highway so the traffic is bad but manageable. 75 on the other hand is absolutely miserable. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Too bad we did not get a chance to hang out I will look forward to it the next time. Deeman is supposed to be in town in a couple months so that should be a good time.

Glad you had a good time with the fam. We are doing a similar trip with my family and extended family and friend at the end of the summer. We are not going to be spending a fortune like you guys though. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif We are renting a bunch of cabins in the woods.

eg8r

LWW
05-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Congrats.

sack316
05-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Ed I'm not sure which part she came from or what route she took, the mention was a little joke with Gayle since she and I were discussing that once upon a time on here /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

And yeah I mentioned to Deeman on FB about how I'd like to join when he makes the trip.

Sack

sack316
05-16-2011, 02:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats. </div></div>

Thanks my friend

Sack

eg8r
05-16-2011, 05:27 PM
It would be cool if you made the trip with Dee and the rest of his gang. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Sev
05-16-2011, 07:49 PM
You cant put a price tag on a good time and the memories it creates.

Glad you had a great time.

Gayle in MD
05-16-2011, 10:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So just got back late Saturday from my week long trip to Orlando, and it was a wonderful time!

We did an "old school" family vacation with me, my sister, and my parents... the kind we haven't all done since me and my sis were kids. With me now 31, and her 25, I wasn't quite sure how the family dynamic would be with us all together for a full week. I've been out on my own for over a decade, and my sis has been on her own at school for 6 or 7 years herself. I mean, we are very close as a family, but we also all have the freedom to get away from each other when we want to these days too /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

But I tell y'all what, for a week I pretty well felt like a kid again! We hit up Universal Studios and stayed on the property there, which has really developed A LOT since I was last there. And for anyone interested, staying on the property is well worth it! You don't need a vehicle, the boats can take you anywhere you need to. And the early admission to parks coupled with the express pass for ride lines is well worth the extra cost of staying on their resort property! I don't think we waited for more than 5 or 10 minutes for any ride the whole time we were there! Which is really saying something considering how many school groups were in the parks this last week.

My only knock on it (which is to be expected) is for a family of 4 you're not gonna get many meals without approaching the $100 mark. But that's just part of being the "tourist" anywhere these days I suppose.

I had a friend I used to work with drive up from Tampa to visit one evening, which was great to see her again! Side note from a previous debate: She drove on a Thursday, leaving Tampa at 4:30PM and arrived to my resort in Orlando at 5:40PM. I hour and ten minutes, during busy traffic time! Sorry Gayle /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

My only regret is I didn't get a chance to meet up with Ed while I was there. Bless him he did try though. He was kind enough to call me early on in the week, and again texted me Friday to invite me out to shoot some pool. So thank you Ed for trying, and I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to hang out this go around. I'll get down there sometime and make it up to ya! And while on this note, Ed enjoy every moment with those great kids of yours! I could feel and see it in my parents how much this trip with me and my sister meant to them. With us both grown and out in the world, I can really tell how much they miss their "babies" being around with them all the time. Truth be told, I never realized how much I sometimes miss those types of times together as well!

Anyway, all in all a great trip! I hope we will get the chance to have a similar vacation sometime again!

Sack </div></div>

You go boyfriend!

So happy, you all enjoyed it so!

Memory Making, is the most important part, of being part, of a family!

Do it more often!!!

Love,
Gayle