PDA

View Full Version : IT'S OFFICIAL!

LWW
05-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Obama and the democrook congress spent $800,000,000,000.00, and the net result was:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our benchmark results suggest that the <span style='font-size: 11pt'>ARRA created/saved approximately 450 thousand state and local government jobs</span> and <span style='font-size: 14pt'>destroyed/forestalled roughly one million private sector jobs.</span>

State and local government jobs were saved because ARRA funds were largely used to offset state revenue shortfalls and Medicaid increases rather than boost private sector employment. The majority of destroyed/forestalled jobs were in growth industries including health, education, professional and business services.</div></div>

In what can come as a surprise to nobody who has actually studied the issue, this was a bailout to state employee unions at the expense of the greater population ... and a detriment to the greater economy at large.

OH DEAR! (http://web.econ.ohio-state.edu/dupor/arra10_may11.pdf)

pooltchr
05-16-2011, 05:19 PM
I know that the majority of funds that came to NC went to keep state employees on the payroll. I'm sure it is pretty much the same everywhere.

Steve

Sev
05-16-2011, 07:51 PM
It was only stop gap. The public sector unions are going to die the slow death of layoffs.

Wait till you see the numbers come fall if state revenues keep falling.

LWW
05-17-2011, 03:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know that the majority of funds that came to NC went to keep state employees on the payroll. I'm sure it is pretty much the same everywhere.

Steve </div></div>

Take a bit and read the report.

This is the most damning rebuke of the thugocracy that I have ever seen come from a public institution.