PDA

View Full Version : The Moron's Stimulus a Failure

llotter
05-18-2011, 08:39 AM
A new study shows that the stimulus created nearly a half-million government jobs (75% in Democrat districts) while losing a million jobs in the private sector. More evidence that that The Moron really is Pathetic.

pooltchr
05-18-2011, 09:55 AM
Then the stimulus was a success...they succeeded in creating more and bigger government! Isn't that what the plan was from the beginning?

Steve

Qtec
05-18-2011, 10:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> A new study </div></div>

An even newer study says that it was a success.

Q

llotter
05-18-2011, 11:47 AM
This one was just released yesterday and reported in IBD:

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis...ivate-Jobs-.htm (http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/572443/201105171800/Stimulus-Cost-1-Mil-Private-Jobs-.htm)

Worth reading.

Gayle in MD
05-18-2011, 12:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A new study shows that the stimulus created nearly a half-million government jobs (75% in Democrat districts) while losing a million jobs in the private sector. More evidence that that The Moron really is Pathetic. </div></div>

We've already read you Fixed Lies on here before....

And Fact Checked them....
http://www.factcheck.org/2011/01/factchecking-the-gop-response/

So where did your "New Study" come from???? LMAO!

Not from any reliable source, given all the other lies the right has posted on the impact of the stimulus. Your "Article" is a mishmash of RW organizations, just as we knew it would be.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I'll let the responses to this article, speak for it....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Comments 4 Comments Leave a comment .Posted By: erdoc53(325) on 5/18/2011 | 10:51 AM ET
Well if it's true, which I doubt, it's still less the number of jobs we lost under Bush.
Flag as Inappropriate

.Posted By: donquijote(325) on 5/18/2011 | 8:14 AM ET
Sneeral - You had better stop reading IBD now while your IQ is still above 50.
Flag as Inappropriate

.Posted By: Sneeral(170) on 5/18/2011 | 6:34 AM ET
STUDY - Reading IBD news and editorials reduces IQ by almost 50%.
Flag as Inappropriate

.Posted By: Runion(285) on 5/17/2011 | 9:04 PM ET
If we hadn't had 8 yrs of complete economic mismanagement we never would have needed stimulus in the first place....Thanks, George & ***...
Flag as Inappropriate
</div></div>

Stretch
05-18-2011, 01:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A new study shows that the stimulus created nearly a half-million government jobs (75% in Democrat districts) while losing a million jobs in the private sector. More evidence that that The Moron really is Pathetic. </div></div>

We've already read you Fixed Lies on here before....

And Fact Checked them....
http://www.factcheck.org/2011/01/factchecking-the-gop-response/

So where did your "New Study" come from???? LMAO!

Not from any reliable source, given all the other lies the right has posted on the impact of the stimulus. Your "Article" is a mishmash of RW organizations, just as we knew it would be.

I'll let the responses to this article, speak for it....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Comments 4 Comments Leave a comment .Posted By: erdoc53(325) on 5/18/2011 | 10:51 AM ET
Well if it's true, which I doubt, it's still less the number of jobs we lost under Bush.
Flag as Inappropriate

.Posted By: donquijote(325) on 5/18/2011 | 8:14 AM ET
Sneeral - You had better stop reading IBD now while your IQ is still above 50.
Flag as Inappropriate

.Posted By: Sneeral(170) on 5/18/2011 | 6:34 AM ET
STUDY - Reading IBD news and editorials reduces IQ by almost 50%.
Flag as Inappropriate

.Posted By: Runion(285) on 5/17/2011 | 9:04 PM ET
If we hadn't had 8 yrs of complete economic mismanagement we never would have needed stimulus in the first place....Thanks, George & ***...
Flag as Inappropriate
</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

This is required reading for Weenie Summer School. This and other fiction completes the proper requirements for an exciting career in the fast food industry. St.

llotter
05-18-2011, 02:16 PM
No, not Fox News, which, btw, has the most fair and balanced news on the air, according to independent analysis done by the Center for Media and Public Affairs.

The article (see prior post) explains why the other 'studies' come to very different results. The erroneous one that purport to show increased use assumptions that when compared with the real world, just don't hold up.

wolfdancer
05-18-2011, 02:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This and other fiction completes the proper requirements for an exciting career in the fast food industry. St. </div></div>
Stretch, I would have normally been tempted to add Wal-Mart greeter to that list of exciting career choices...but, last night I bought a heavy, self-assembly bookcase, and they sent a guy my age to help me load it into my "touring sedan" ok, just some "beater" Dodge van. We got to talking, and he was formally a tract home builder and developer....that had got caught up in he r.e. and financial crises....and lost a "million bucks", he claimed.
A great uncle of mine lost his ass and accessories, his home, business, and wealth, in the crash of 29, coupled with his daughter getting killed in an auto accident....he took his own life.
This guy did the nearest thing to suicide, ...I suggested that he quit Wal-Mart, and buy a hair shirt ...a little more painful form of self flagellation, maybe....but, so much more rewarding?
Now, I'm having trouble putting the pieces together (and I ain't even a Republican) Way I figure it, the glass windowed doors probably go in front....but the rest is a mystery.

llotter
05-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Those comments that were posted on the IBD article certainly don't hold up to any real standard to refute the content...but merely smears and you should be embarrassed to repeat them.

LWW
05-18-2011, 04:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then the stimulus was a success...they succeeded in creating more and bigger government! Isn't that what the plan was from the beginning?

Steve </div></div>

Actually, I believe it was a success to the regime as it is undoubtedly what they intended to happen.

LWW
05-18-2011, 04:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This one was just released yesterday and reported in IBD:

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis...ivate-Jobs-.htm (http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/572443/201105171800/Stimulus-Cost-1-Mil-Private-Jobs-.htm)

Worth reading. </div></div>

Snoopy only believes the latest spoon fed story.

LWW
05-18-2011, 04:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those comments that were posted on the IBD article certainly don't hold up to any real standard to refute the content...but merely smears and you should be embarrassed to repeat them. </div></div>

Stench has no dignity when it comes to defending the regime.

Gayle in MD
05-19-2011, 01:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, not Fox News, which, btw, has the most fair and balanced news on the air, according to independent analysis done by the Center for Media and Public Affairs.

The article (see prior post) explains why the other 'studies' come to very different results. The erroneous one that purport to show increased use assumptions that when compared with the real world, just don't hold up. </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'> bwa ha ha ha!!!</span> </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Center for Media and Public Affairs
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The Center for Media and Public Affairs (CMPA) is a self-described nonpartisan and nonprofit research and educational organization that is affiliated with George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia. It was founded in 1985 by political scientists Dr. S. Robert Lichter and his ex-wife, the late Dr. Linda Lichter. It publishes a newsletter called Media Monitor. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The media watchdog group Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR) has challenged CMPA's non-partisan claim, based on the argument that much of its funding has come from conservative sources, and that its founder, Dr. S. Robert Lichter, once held a chair in mass communications at the American Enterprise Institute and was a Fox News contributor.[18][19] After a Washington Post article referred to CMPA as "conservative," the Post published a "Clarification," which concluded, "The Center describes itself as nonpartisan, and its studies have been cited by both conservative and liberal commentators."[20]

Progressive organization MediaTransparency (now run by Media Matters for America, itself a liberal organization[21]) documented that between 1986 and 2005 CMPA received 55 grants totaling $2,960,916 (unadjusted for inflation). The organization, which collated information from returns filed by numerous conservative foundations, claimed that 86% of CMPA's total funding came from conservative-leaning foundations.[citation needed] In response to Media Transparency's claims, CMPA posted on its website a listing of $1,766,500 in grants received from 19 "non-conservative" and centrist foundations and non-profit organizations.[22]
</div></div>

No wonder you're so mixed up!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
05-19-2011, 03:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, not Fox News, which, btw, has the most fair and balanced news on the air, according to independent analysis done by the Center for Media and Public Affairs.

The article (see prior post) explains why the other 'studies' come to very different results. The erroneous one that purport to show increased use assumptions that when compared with the real world, just don't hold up. </div></div>

And according to the Hillary for president campaign.

LWW
05-19-2011, 03:14 AM
Hillary ... and her peeps ... praise Fox as fair and balanced, and bash MSNBC as biased. (http://senseofevents.blogspot.com/2009/10/hillary-clinton-foxnews-is-fair-and.html)

pooltchr
05-19-2011, 06:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hillary ... and her peeps ... praise Fox as fair and balanced, and bash MSNBC as biased. (http://senseofevents.blogspot.com/2009/10/hillary-clinton-foxnews-is-fair-and.html) </div></div>

Too bad she will likely never read the link.

Steve

llotter
05-19-2011, 06:47 AM
It is you, Gayle, that is the mixed up one. There is a difference between being non-partisan and being on the conservative end of the political spectrum.

Non-partisan means that you don't analysis issues or positions based on where a particular party stands but on an ideology. So, unlike you and those you referenced, independent thinking shuns partisanship in favor or clarity and consistency with a political philosophy.

Plus, you and those you referenced here can't seem to critique the content but can only smear the messenger.

LWW
05-19-2011, 07:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hillary ... and her peeps ... praise Fox as fair and balanced, and bash MSNBC as biased. (http://senseofevents.blogspot.com/2009/10/hillary-clinton-foxnews-is-fair-and.html) </div></div>

Too bad she will likely never read the link.

Steve </div></div>

Dear leader does not tolerate independent thinking.

Gayle in MD
05-25-2011, 03:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is you, Gayle, that is the mixed up one. There is a difference between being non-partisan and being on the conservative end of the political spectrum.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>I find nothing conservative about the Republican Party, or about YOU!

Both they, and you, are radical extremists, IMO, and irrational, to say the least. </span>

Non-partisan means that you don't analysis issues or positions based on where a particular party stands but on an ideology.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Well then, that makes me about a non partisan as they come. My personal ideals, belong to me, not some political Party rhetoric. I base my opinions on the actions I see by Republicans, which I find repuslive, corrupt, against my principles, and damaging to the country at large.

The polluting greedy Oil Industry, with their drilliong and fracking, is a ood enough reason not to vote for Repiglicans.

Additionally, where ever there are crooks, there are Repiglicans protecting them.</span>

So, unlike you and those you referenced, independent thinking shuns partisanship in favor or clarity and consistency with a political philosophy.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>I don't have a "Political Philosophy" I just generally notice who the crooks are, and vote against them, and they are always, amazingly, Repiglicans!</span>

Plus, you and those you referenced here can't seem to critique the content but can only smear the messenger. </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>BWA HA HA HA! Smear the messenger???

Everyting you post here is from a radical RW site, with no credibility, at all.

If you think that Fox News, is not biased, and is not anything but a Republican propaganda organization, that ends any discussion right there, and puts your opinions right here</span>:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpcTkV1tKDs&feature=related

pooltchr
05-25-2011, 03:32 PM
But you, who always posts from the leftwing HuffPo types are getting a well rounded picture of what is actually going on in the world.

I will agree with one point...the Reps are not at all conservative, especially financially. Both parties are more concerned with growing government, increasing the money flow into Washington, and covering their own butts to maintain their power.

And you, with your overly partisan views, haven't been able to figure it out yet. You love your Dems, which is fine. Not really too bright....but fine. You play right into their hands.

The dems pull your strings, and you dance for them.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-25-2011, 04:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But you, who always posts from the leftwing HuffPo types are getting a well rounded picture of what is actually going on in the world.

I will agree with one point...the Reps are not at all conservative, especially financially. Both parties are more concerned with growing government, increasing the money flow into Washington, and covering their own butts to maintain their power.

And you, with your overly partisan views, haven't been able to figure it out yet. You love your Dems, which is fine. Not really too bright....but fine. You play right into their hands.

The dems pull your strings, and you dance for them.

Steve </div></div>

That's your version. My version goes like this.

I gave some praise to Bush, when he made a good decision, putting Gates in and taking Rumsfeld out.

I also realized that although it made me cringe, to think about giving TARP funds, to the same greedy bank crooks who caused the meltdown, I realized, that it had to be done, to avoid a complete meltdown, so I gave Bush good marks for that, too. He did what had to be done, at the time, and what any president would have to do, under the conditions prevailing, at that time, eventhough, IMO, his administration was too business friendly, too much deregulation, and not enough oversight, and I think His Ownership society, sent the message to the NY sec, that no one was watching.

I also gave accolades to those Republicans who stood up for our troops, Gordon Smith, and Chuck Hagel.

And I've also given compliments to McCain's daughter, who is a Republican, but I like her anyway, because she seems to be authentic enough to speak her own mind.

While you, OTOH, are a person who as far as I know, have only ever given any good remarks to a Kennedy, once.

I support Democrats because I like what they stand for. I don't likie Republicans, because they block regulations, cocnsistantly, for all corporations, regardless of what they're doing.

They blocked tighter restrictions on the banks.

They block anything that will prevent more abuse of the envorinment.

They spew hatred for Gays, women, ethnic groups, and most of what they do, and stand for, I find completely outrageous, but I don't have to rely on the news, I watch them myself, and look at their votes, and I know one thing for sure, the real "spoon fed" people around here, are from the right. They deny reality as a way of life.

Our Goverrnment was never supposed to be nothing but a tool, for the corporations, who pollute, steal, overcharge through monopolies, and gouge us all at the gas pumps, and overcharge us at the prescription counter, and that's exactly what Republicans are, pawns, for the cash from the crooks, and that goes all the way back to RR.

Medeicare has about a 2 to 3% administrative cost, an excellently run operation, but Republicans can't stand anything that helps the Middle Class, unless they can find an opportunity to gouge the hell out of them to put more money into the pockets of the wealthy, and they refuse to cooperate, for a national Helath Care Program, because they want any money we take in to go to their corporate contributors.... we would have had a public option, if they hadn't filibustered everything, including the recovery.

I don't have to rely on Huffingtonpost, or any other news organization, for my information, because I can assure you, it is very unlikely that there is anyone on this forum, who watches as much LIVE government on the Hill, as I do.

I was against any surge in Afghanistan.... and I still think we should get out of there.

I was against the invasion and occupation of Iraq, once I investiagted it enough to figure out that Bush was lying to all of us.

I was also against Johnson, for the very same reasons.

Yet, you said, Deficits didn't matter, while Bush was running them up, and said it the very day after Cheney started spouting such a ricidulous statement, and you say I'm the one who dances for my party????

I don't think so....

End of story.

pooltchr
05-25-2011, 04:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I support Democrats because I like what they stand for.
</div></div>

Maybe if you paid a little less attention to what they say they stand for, and what they actually do, you could be a bit more enlightened.

You don't like the Reps, that is clear, and I really don't have a problem with that. But to blindly support the Dems is pure foolishness.

Get off the right vs left kick, and start looking at right vs wrong!

Steve

Perky
05-25-2011, 06:05 PM
The one absolute fact that personally affected me was having my investments drop over $40,000 in the last 2 years of the Bush Presidency... and by the 2nd year of the Obama Presidency I had not only recouped my loses by my investments increased by approximately an additional $15,000.

For me that was undeniable proof of the effectiveness of his actions.

Thank you President Obama!! $$ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif $$

pooltchr
05-25-2011, 06:24 PM
You should be thanking those evil Wall Street tycoons who make your investment increase.

Isn't it odd. Gayle can go on and on about how those greedy POS CEOs of Wall Street are all about making money....and here we have her little ankle biter praising their work! Notice how that works.....when they make money, so do you! OMG!!!! What a revelation!!!!!!

Steve

nAz
05-25-2011, 08:26 PM
I think its really too early to tell if its a failure or not. I believe it has kept us from going over the edge.
seriously 8 years to get us into this mess, who could possibly believe we can get out of this in four or five year no matter who was President?

LWW
05-26-2011, 01:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should be thanking those evil Wall Street tycoons who make your investment increase.

Isn't it odd. Gayle can go on and on about how those greedy POS CEOs of Wall Street are all about making money....and here we have her little ankle biter praising their work! Notice how that works.....when they make money, so do you! OMG!!!! What a revelation!!!!!!

Steve </div></div>

It didn't seem to be a bother when it was time to go yacht shopping.

Gayle in MD
05-26-2011, 05:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Perky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The one absolute fact that personally affected me was having my investments drop over $40,000 in the last 2 years of the Bush Presidency... and by the 2nd year of the Obama Presidency I had not only recouped my loses by my investments increased by approximately an additional $15,000.

For me that was undeniable proof of the effectiveness of his actions.

Thank you President Obama!! $$ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif $$ </div></div>

Yes, well, only the most partisan people could deny, that the President has done a great job, at diverting and preventing the complete collapse of the economy, which was the Bush Legacy.

When I think of what he inherited, I think his decisions, have been great, since we did not have the predicted, decade long, Depression, which we were surely on the brink of having, according to Bush and Paulson.

You'll notice, that the very ones on here who were in total denial, over all of the bad decisions made by Bush, and the colossal milti-level disastrous consequences, and unfinished business, two wars, and no progress of getting bin Laden, and well, as you know the full list is very long, of all of the incompetence, and debts, that he and the Republican blank check Congress, built, and left in their wake...

Those deniers, are the very same people on here who most accuse others of being blind partisans, the same ones, who have proven, over years, their own blind partisanship, as they defended every single Bushh Policy, which led to the collapse.

Like you, I find their theories, on most everything, pretty absurd, and like Reublicans usually do, they project their own lack of judgement, and critical thinking skills, upon others.

We had years of consistant denial, from all of them, and, attacks against those of us who could see what was going to result, from the disastrous Bush/Republican blank check years of majority, and the colossal debts, left in their wake.

The facts are more than they can handle. As the best authorities have stated, the activities which brought down the house of cards, were already unstoppable, already outside any Goverrnment control, before the Dems, ever won the majority, and the crash, had nothing to do with Fannie, Freddie, or the Community Reinvestment Act.

The crash came about because of corporate power, linked tightly with the Bush Administration, policies, of no oversight, as they ignored rising costs of health, Health Care Insurance, energy, and warring, in the wrong place, at the wrong time, along with a total failure of regulatory oversight, And the pure Greed and corruption on Wall St., in the predatory mortgage industry, in the White House, and at all of the top level oversight positions.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>as Republican, Greenspan admitted, some short years before the crash:

"I don't owrry about fraud in the market." </span>

As I said many times during that period, Corporations can not be trusted to oversee their own corruption. An obligation to stock holders, is not a permit to basically steal from investors, or a blank check for corruption and unlimited GREED, to the detriment of the country at large.

There are some blind partisans, here, and I think their own blindly partisan behavior, makes them shine like lightening bugs.

Instead of placing the blame for their defense of Bush and Republicans for what they created, and how they ignored warnings of their own growing disastrous legacy, and placing it where it belongs, firmly at the foot of the Bush Administration, where it belongs, they are still in total denial.

This president has done a magnificent job, and all in the face of horrific corruption, obstruction, lies, deceit, RW fear mongering and blatant racism.

The title of this thread, only proves they are still in denial, about the Bush ADministration's legacy, and President Obama's excellent leadership, and good judgement. The stimulus, kept this country moving forward, and away from the Bush Depression. It is a success!

If only, after the crash, Republicans hadn't blocked tighter corporate regulations for the banks, ratings agencies, financial institutions, WAll St. insider traders, and hedge funders, we would be even further along, in protecting the country from another "Too big to fail" FUBAR!

G.

pooltchr
05-26-2011, 07:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nAz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think its really too early to tell if its a failure or not. I believe it has kept us from going over the edge.
seriously 8 years to get us into this mess, who could possibly believe we can get out of this in four or five year no matter who was President? </div></div>

nAz...I think if you give the economy an honest assessment, you would find that there was far more that went into creating the problems than just the previous 8 years. The core problems have been developing much longer than just this decade. To try and blame the economic crisis on one president is narrow minded, and completely incorrect.

My problem with Obama is that he has failed to attempt to turn things around, and in fact, has simply accelerated the same fiscal policies that did happen during the Bush administration. Bush was a true leftist when it came to spending, but Obama can still spot him the 7 and out! So rather than making an effort to fix things, he has simply taken us closer to the edge of the cliff.

Steve

Perky
05-26-2011, 09:18 AM
steevie sub-weenie clearly has no ability to get beyond what is obviously only the very surface level of any issue in order to reach any real understanding of economic cause and effect. Could steevie sub-weenie be any more of an economic illiterate???

This of course is highly unlikely as weenie-poop logic is at the heart of being a weenie.

Investing in America has always been something to take pride in... and is part of the foundation of all that makes America strong.

It was the betting short... betting against the success of the housing market... betting by an unethical greedy few, in the in the full knowledge that the market was overextended... that was largely at the root of the market collapse. This no doubt began sometime during the late Clinton years... despite warning signs, it was permitted to flourish during the Bush years... until the near catastrophic failure in the last two years of the Bush administration.

The Obama administration, fortunately, finally took the difficult but necessary steps that have obviously put America back on the road to recovery and have begun to put in place the necessary legislation that will make such financial abuses less likely to occur in the future.

Although I know all weenies would have preferred, "WASTE" (Weenie's Anal Solution Trashing the Economy)... which would almost certainly have led the country into a depression rather than a recovery.

But of course weenies would have still preferred that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif Better for them... that Obama should fail... than the country should succeed.

Typical weenie-poop logic and ethics

pooltchr
05-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Troll

Steve

eg8r
05-26-2011, 11:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think its really too early to tell if its a failure or not. I believe it has kept us from going over the edge.
</div></div>The original intent was to keep us from going over 8% unemployment. We nearly hit 10%. Based on that would you consider it a failure and we are lucky the economy did not get any worse?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">seriously 8 years to get us into this mess, who could possibly believe we can get out of this in four or five year no matter who was President?
</div></div>You ask the question as if a single person actually stated the "stimulus" would get us out of the mess. Did you hear people saying that because no one here did. The stimulus did not do its job so it is a failure. It did not even meet it's own goal let alone slow down the fall.

Too many people here give government way too much credit.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-26-2011, 11:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Perky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">steevie sub-weenie clearly has no ability to get beyond what is obviously only the very surface level of any issue in order to reach any real understanding of economic cause and effect. Could steevie sub-weenie be any more of an economic illiterate???

This of course is highly unlikely as weenie-poop logic is at the heart of being a weenie.

Investing in America has always been something to take pride in... and is part of the foundation of all that makes America strong.

It was the betting short... betting against the success of the housing market... betting by an unethical greedy few, in the in the full knowledge that the market was overextended... that was largely at the root of the market collapse. This no doubt began sometime during the late Clinton years... despite warning signs, it was permitted to flourish during the Bush years... until the near catastrophic failure in the last two years of the Bush administration.

The Obama administration, fortunately, finally took the difficult but necessary steps that have obviously put America back on the road to recovery and have begun to put in place the necessary legislation that will make such financial abuses less likely to occur in the future.

Although I know all weenies would have preferred, "WASTE" (Weenie's Anal Solution Trashing the Economy)... which would almost certainly have led the country into a depression rather than a recovery.

But of course weenies would have still preferred that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif Better for them... that Obama should fail... than the country should succeed.

Typical weenie-poop logic and ethics </div></div>

When the country is at threat, and a POS like Mitch McConnell, comes out there and says, their main goal, is to make the president a one term president, while he is dealing with the mess that Mitch McConnell, and the Bush Administration, left for president Obama, all I cann say is what colossal NERVE! What GROSS NEGLIGENCE! WHAT A PIG!!!

Given every single expert on the Wall St. mess, has stated that the real build up, took place, from 2003, and the crash was set in stone, by late 06, to very early 07, it's simply the same RW BS, that they have the nerve, to try to blame it on Democrats, when they didn't have the majority until January, of 07.

For six years, Bush owned Capital Hill, both ends of Penn Avenue.

For six years, their main policy was deregulation, on every front.

For six years, Bush was pushing his "Ownership Society" and Greenspan, who made statements such as, "Irrational Exuberance" in the R.E. industry, and on Wall Street, while also stating he "Didn't worry about fraud" in the banking industry, and in the Wall St. financial Institutuions, as he kept irrationally low interest rates, flaming the growing threat, which Brooksly Born,
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warning/view/

had warned him about, and who Greenspan, trashed, FOUGHT, and rendered impotent. GREENSPAN WILLFULLY destroyed her power, and her ability to continue to shake up regulators. He fought her tooth and nail when she was trying to warn Congress. He degraded her intelligence, while she was trying to expose all of the corruption, the growing threats to innocent American investors, and home owners. Yep Greenspan totally block her good instincts, and her credibly to achieve any safety valve, to prevent what was surely going to happen, AND SHE WAS EXACTLY RIGHT, AND GREENSPAN, WAS TOTALLY WRONG.... but Greenspan, a Repiglican, sure got his ass out fast, when he realized what was coming, didn't he?

The big excape from reality, by the RW idiots, is always to label every disastrous, Repiglican administration, and incredibly absurd Repiglican supported and promoted failed policy AS liberal. EVERYTHING which is crooked, incompetent, deceitful, and induced by RepiglicanS, AND THEIR PROVEN, OVER AND OVER AGAIN, FAILED POLICIES, OF big spending, government growing, irrational deregulating, unprecedented borrrowing, and compltely irrational tax cutting, REIGLICAN CORPORATE TOOL IS a Liberal.

bwa ha ha ha!!!! Choice huh?

Nice cop out, huh? Anything, but admit that the Clinton years were the best economic years since the fifties, and that he had to fight Republicans tooth and nail, to bring them about!

That was back when we had enough intelligent people around, who could admit, that cutting taxes for the wealthy, spending like a drunken sailor, like Bush and the REPIGS did, borrowing the country into an unprecedented debt hole, launching wars for the profits of their oil co-hearts of the Grand Oil party, was not only dumb, but THE REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT'S POLICY, RUBBER STAMPED, BY THE BLANK CHECK REPUBLICAN MAJORITY, WHO IN SIX YEARS, BROUGHT THIS COUNTRY TO IT'S KNEES.

THEY THEN LIE ABOUT HOW MANY DEMOCRATICS, VOTED FOR IT!!!!

Oh, but lets just call the "conservative big spending pigs" <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Liberals,</span> yeah, those family values, christian conservative, fiscally responsible Repiglicans, who let this mess grow into a disaster, from 03 through early 07, were really Liberals, LMAO.

WELL NOW, HOW MUCH MORE PARTISAN AND IRRATIONAL CAN A PERSON BE???

Same stupid statements as back when they were touting....

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>"The deficits don't matter"</span>

Then, the nerve, to call everyone else on here, partisan, spoon fed, OR IGNORANT....when we were the ones WHO WERE OUTRAGED, ALL ALONG about Bush AND REPIGS, spending our kids and grandkids into oblivion AND GROWING UNPRECEDENTED debts, they attacked us ALL for it! THEY WERE TOUTING THEIR IGNORANT BS, "THE DEBTS AND DEFICITS DON'T MATTER."

They're about as flip floppy and dishonest, as The Newt, and THE ROMNEYDUMDUMDUMDUM.

WOW, Repiglicans suddenly become Liberals, whenever they screw up the whole damn world.

Pure Insanity!

Economists were sayng the Stimulus, should be larger, and Repiglicans blocked making it larger, then they turn around and blame the president, because it didn't "take" fast enough for them!

Talk about rewriting history!!!

Talk about blind partisanship, and gross ignorance.

But what can we expect from people who never watch a documentary, never tune into live C-Span, to watch exactly who is doing what, in their government, and never read a damn book!

Gross ignorance, is all they present here. THEY ONLY LISTEN TO LARDASS RUSH LIMPBALLS, KARL STALIN ROVE, AND THE MOOSEBURGER, PALIN, AND THE FUXNOISE REPIGLICAN PROPAGANDA CNANNEL....IOW....GARBAGE IN GARBAGE OUT!

I FOR ONE, AM CELEBRATING. THE RYAN PLAN, HAS FAILED! ALL OF THE TOP REPIGLICAN GOVERNORS OF TEA PARTY FAME, HAVE CRASHING POLL NUMBERS. A DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE, JUST WON THE REDDEST SEAT IN THE COUUNTRY! THINGS ARE LOOKING UP!

G.

pooltchr
05-26-2011, 11:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Given every single expert on the Wall St. mess, has stated that the real build up, took place, from 2003, and the crash was set in stone, by late 06, to very early 07,
G. </div></div>

Do you have any idea how stupid you look when you make statements like that. First of all "every single expert" on Wall Street can't agree on what day it is! And for every one of your so called experts who might say this, there are just as many who would disagree.

Do you think that making up your own facts somehow adds credibility? News flash! It does just the opposite.

Steve

Perky
05-26-2011, 12:36 PM
So lil' steeevie-sub-weenie decides to interject his sub-weenie opinion into my conversation with Gayle??

Gotta wonder what the sub-weenie is incapable of understanding about my tag-line??

No big surprise... Steevie-sub-weenie remains oblivious to his own troll-like insulting behaviours

No matter how /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif obvious they are to everyone else.

Which of course is why he remains such a...

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/bperkins_photo/STEVE.jpg

pooltchr
05-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Troll

Steve

Soflasnapper
05-26-2011, 06:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those comments that were posted on the IBD article certainly don't hold up to any real standard to refute the content...but merely smears and you should be embarrassed to repeat them. </div></div>

I agree the comments don't prove much of anything. Sort of like the study, as even the man touting them agrees.

From the article:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "I don't find that very compelling," said Dean Baker, co-director of the liberal Center for Economic and Policy Research. "Since 2008 the economy went through a wringer and trends in these sectors were broken ... furthermore, their results were only marginally significant."

While acknowledging that Conley and Dupor's result were not very statistically robust, James Sherk argues that the lack of job growth is a significant finding.</div></div>

Marginally significant, not very statistically robust. I.e., not necessarily true at all, and needing additional work to confirm their findings, which barely reach a standard of even statistical significance. Your own boy admits it, in this very article.

BTW, the people who say there was strong growth in jobs, into the millions, are blue chip private economists and forecasters, not Obama administration apologists. Mark Zandi, for one, was McCain's economic advisor in the last campaign.

Sev
05-26-2011, 08:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think its really too early to tell if its a failure or not. I believe it has kept us from going over the edge.
</div></div>The original intent was to keep us from going over 8% unemployment. We nearly hit 10%. Based on that would you consider it a failure and we are lucky the economy did not get any worse?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">seriously 8 years to get us into this mess, who could possibly believe we can get out of this in four or five year no matter who was President?
</div></div>You ask the question as if a single person actually stated the "stimulus" would get us out of the mess. Did you hear people saying that because no one here did. The stimulus did not do its job so it is a failure. It did not even meet it's own goal let alone slow down the fall.

Too many people here give government way too much credit.

eg8r </div></div>

Actually when you use the U6 number which is far more accurate unemployment is about 18% and has remained there.

By the way economy is growing at a staggering 1.8% which if history tells us anything will be further down graded in the next week or so.

Gayle in MD
05-27-2011, 11:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nAz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think its really too early to tell if its a failure or not. I believe it has kept us from going over the edge.
seriously 8 years to get us into this mess, who could possibly believe we can get out of this in four or five year no matter who was President? </div></div>

I can answer that for yu my friend.

The same RW uninformed, ignorant bunch who voted twice for George Bush.

The same bunch, whose Repiglican Governors, took the stimulus money, and then turned right around and bashed the stimulus.

There are plenty of jobs that people DID NOT lose, because their companies, got that money.

Anyone who studied the crash, knows, that even the people who were at the CEO levels, who created the crash, with their greed, and exoticfinancial instruments, didn't even know how bad off their own corporations were!

Greenspan, said, even he couoldn't figure them out!

It was a broad ponzi scheme, of the wealthy at the top, stealing from all of the rest of us.

The right, still hasn't figured it out!

A free market, does not mean unregulated FRAUD!

These righties on here are so uninfirmed, but what can we expect, when they were right on here claiming that the Deficits didn't matter, while their boy George, and their RECORD Breaking spending, RECORD borrowing Repiglicans, were running us into a ditch of debt!

They don't know the difference between spending just because you can get away with it, and spending to keep the country from going into a decade long, full blown, worst Depression since the GREAT Depression.

The BUSH DEPRESSION, was diverted, by PRESIDENT OBAMA.

They can't admit it, because they dont WANT TO, or because they are too stupid to consider, the differences between Repiglican spending, and the stimulus spending, which was necessary, under
"THE CONDITIONS PREVAILING" which were created by their own votes, and their own president and their own party, cutting taxes, during wat time. Launching trillions in Prescription Drug program, while voting down any opportunity for medicare to shop prives, and redistributing wealth, to the top, for eight damn years, whiole hemmoraging jobs, left and right.

Ignoring the growing disasters of unsustainable Health and Pharmaceutical costs.

Bush's "ownership Society" sending the message to Republican Greenspan, to continue with the irrationally low interest rates, which flamed the housing crises, even though Greenspan, knew, we were seeding Irrational exuberance, in the Markets.

Greenspans, failure to anticipate FRAUD, in the maket place, while Bush was Deregulating everything from pollution in the air and water, to FRAUD in the markets.

Repiglican record breaking earmark spending!

Jobs, being outsourced by corporations that we subsidize.

It all happened, under a Repiglican President, and a Repiglican majority.

2003 through late 2006, according to both Reagan's former Budget director, Greenspan, and the top economists in the country, from the right, and the left! "it was a done deal, by late 06-early 07."

No one knew how many jobs would fall, but this president, knew, he had to save as many as possible. And he DID!

Now, they bash him for his successes, while denying their own rsponsibilities, for their "The Deficits don't matter" attitudes when their party, drove this country into a debt ditch!

Hypocrits personified!
G.

Qtec
05-27-2011, 11:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A new study shows that the stimulus created nearly a half-million government jobs (75% in Democrat districts) while losing a million jobs in the private sector. More evidence that that The Moron really is Pathetic. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Pawlenty derides stimulus program
But presidential hopeful used aid
By Shira Schoenberg
Globe Correspondent / May 27, 2011

E-mail|
Print|
Reprints|
Comments (13)

Text size – +

MILFORD, N.H. — In his first foray into New Hampshire since becoming an official candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty yesterday denounced the federal stimulus program, even though under his leadership his state benefited from billions of dollars of the aid.

Pawlenty met with reporters and the public and toured Cirtronics, an electronics manufacturing company that indirectly received $935,000 in federal stimulus money.

Asked about the stimulus, Pawlenty acknowledged that many governments and businesses used the money. “The real question is did it work,’’ Pawlenty said. “We had an economy that has not recovered substantially. We’ve got people who are experiencing unbearable levels of unemployment.

“It’s maybe had a little temporary effect,’’ Pawlenty said. “But it comes with big negative consequences down the road. It sets a really bad precedent.’’

Pawlenty, like other Republican candidates, has often derided the stimulus — a $787 billion package of federal grants, benefits, and tax breaks signed by President Obama in 2009. Pawlenty has called it “reckless,’’ “irresponsible,’’ and ineffective at creating new private sector jobs. But he has also used the money.

In Minnesota, where Pawlenty was governor until January, the state used $2.3 billion in federal stimulus money to balance its budget during the two-year budget cycle ending this June. The state received a total of $5.9 billion, including funding for programs, unemployment benefits, and medical assistance, according to the Minnesota Management and Budget Office.

Pawlenty defended the use of the money, saying Minnesota gets only 72 cents for every $1 paid in taxes. “Anyone who says we’re not paying our fair share, or somehow President Obama bailed us out, <u>what you have to look for is we’re actually subsidizing the rest of the country</u>,’’ Pawlenty said.</div></div>

Oh boy!

Q..... link (http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2011/05/27/pawlenty_derides_stimulus_program/)