PDA

View Full Version : Something I've wondered about ...

LWW
05-19-2011, 07:22 AM
We already know that the nutty 20% to 25% of the US electorate will bow down and accept whatever version of "TRUTH" the regime tells them to believe ... which is in itself scary.

Taking that a step further ... and I'm not saying he has the stone's to try this because he has to know the US military would remove him either in chains or a body bag if this was attempted ... but imagine the following scenario.

Obama holds a press conference declaring martial law and cancels the 2012 elections, and voiding the 2010 elections. The restored to power politburo then centralizes all power within the democratic party ... and specifically the White House.

What percentage of the US adult population does anyone think would just accept it as a done deal and hope for the best?

What percentage does anyone think would passively resist?

What percentage does anyone think would actively revolt?

Sadly, I think it would be 75% or so that would do nothing ... with another 20% putting up a passive protest and 5% or less that would storm DC and take it all back.

Sev
05-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Keep an eye on AZ and TX. With the correct moves the Insurrection act could be used.
o
The FEMA camps would be open for business.

However about 100 million gun owner would have to be put down or captured. At that point the military would fracture because their family members would be involved.
The race for the control of nuclear assets would be on.

State and local police as well as the FBI would become non existent after being caught in cross fire scenarios by citizens armed with high power hunting rifles to which Kevlar fails against.

Of course we would expect the liberals of the nation to act as the Nazi youth and report everything to their dictatorial masters.

Civil war would ensue and China as well as Russia you attempt a first strike against the USA.

Game over.

pooltchr
05-19-2011, 07:39 AM
Considering the revolution at the voting booth in 2010, I think you have underestimated how much resistance there would be. There are enough people who remember that this country was founded by revolution. It could happen again, it Americans are pushed far enough.

This administration has more sense than that. They are doing quite well with their more passive, step by step power grab.

Steve

llotter
05-19-2011, 08:56 AM
the hypothetical situation is a little unfair because you have to assume that the scenario proceeds with the acquiescence of the military and I dare say very few would be willing to stand in front of that tank as it intimidates the public.

I'm not sure if an armed public would be much more effective than an unarmed, non-violent one but with most of the population now dependent of the government for their welfare, it is hard to see much of a revolt occurring. If there is any hope of regaining the independent spirit of our ancestors, we need to wean ourselves off the Nanny State as soon as possible...and that won't be easy.

LWW
05-19-2011, 10:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Considering the revolution at the voting booth in 2010, I think you have underestimated how much resistance there would be. There are enough people who remember that this country was founded by revolution. It could happen again, it Americans are pushed far enough.

Steve </div></div>

In 1776 most people supported staying loyal to King George III.

I doubt if more than 5% actually participated in the military effort.

That being said, 300,000,000 in population is about 150M adults. That's about 75M males and probably about 30M that are able bodied and under 60.

5% of that would be enough to give federal law enforcement all the trouble they would ever want.

All assumptions are based on the idea, also, that the US military would remain neutral as they did when the revolt against the Soviets went down.

In reality, I don't think the military would remain neutral ... but for a while at first they might.

Sev
05-20-2011, 06:44 AM
Well one things for sure. The illegals would be running for the border when the bullets started to fly.

LWW
05-20-2011, 03:34 PM
How long do you think the Secret Service and US Federal Marshalls could hold off the US military?

Sev
05-20-2011, 06:16 PM
For about as long as it takes to fire a salvo of Hades bombs.

LWW
05-21-2011, 03:25 AM
I think the army would try to hold a siege as they would present no real threat at a counter attack.