PDA

View Full Version : A short list of Republican obstructionism

Perky
05-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they receive when they ship jobs to other countries.

Political Ad disclosure bill- Would have required all donors to political campaigns to reveal themselves. Republicans blocked this, not once but twice.

Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill – Give subpoena power to the independent committee responsible for investigating BP’s roll in the oil spill. Republicans attempted to block this.

The Small Business Jobs Act -would give LOCAL, community banks access to billions of dollars to loan to small businesses. Republicans blocked this, then attempted to block it a second time and failed.

The DREAM Act- Gives immigrant youth who were brought here as children a path to citizenship by earning a college degree or serving the military for 2 years. Republicans blocked this.

Repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”- Would have repealed the law that forces gay and lesbian services members to lie about their sexuality and gives the military the right to discharge soldiers based on their sexuality. Republicans blocked this many times and Democrats were finally able to pass it with the support of just 2 Republicans.

From Crooks and Liars - When John McCain led the filibuster of the Defense Appropriations Act yesterday, he blocked far more than the DREAM Act and repeal of DADT. Here are just a few of the other blocked provisions, courtesy of Mother Jones.

No permanent military bases in Afghanistan.
Report identifying hybrid or electric propulsion systems and other fuel-saving technologies for incorporation into tactical motor vehicles.
Protection of child custody arrangements for parents who are members of the Armed Forces deployed in support of a contingency operation.
Improvements to Department of Defense domestic violence programs.
Department of Defense recognition of spouses of members of the Armed Forces.
Department of Defense recognition of children of members of the Armed Forces.
Enhancements to the Troops-to-Teachers Program.
Fiscal year 2011 increase in military basic pay.
Improving aural protection for members of the Armed Forces.
Comprehensive policy on neurocognitive assessment by the military health care system.
Authority to make excess nonlethal supplies available for domestic emergency assistance.

And those were just some of the progressive provisions. On the conservative side, there are these, and more:

Prohibition on the use of funds for the transfer or release of individuals detained at United States Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Prohibition on the use of funds to modify or construct facilities in the United States to house detainees transferred from United States Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Prohibition on use of funds to give Miranda warnings to Al Qaeda terrorists.

And here’s the bills that Republicans had blocked when we compiled our first list;

Senator Franken’s Anti-Rape Amendment to the Defense Appropriations Bill – Makes it so that women raped overseas while working for foreign contractors have the right to have their case heard in an American court instead of having their case mediated by the company they work for. Only Republican men voted against this, but it passed.

Benefits for Homeless Veterans- Would have expanded benefits to homeless veterans and homeless veterans with children. Republicans blocked this.

Affordable Health Care For America Act- Prevents insurance companies from discriminating against you on the basis of “pre-existing conditions”. Requires that insurance companies spend 85 cents of every dollar that you pay on your actual health care. Limits health insurance companies profit margins. Republicans blocked this for months before it finally passed and have vowed to repeal it if they are elected.

Health Care for the 9/11 First Responders who got sick from being at Ground Zero- Would provide billions of dollars in health care to help the 9/11 First Responders who were at Ground Zero on 9/11 and are now sick because of it. Republicans blocked this.

The Jobs Bill- Offsets the payroll tax for 1 year for companies that hire new employees, or people receiving unemployment insurance. Also gives other tax incentives to companies hiring new employees. Republicans attempted to block this.

Wall Street Reform- Puts stricter regulations on the banks, preventing them from becoming “too big to fail”. Curbs reckless spending practices that caused the banking crisis. Republicans attempted to block this.

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act- Pumped billions of dollars into state and local Governments to prevent us from sinking into a second Great Depression. Republicans opposed this but now want to take credit for the parts of it that we know are successful.

Oil Spill Liability- Raises the liability on what companies can be made to pay to clean up after an oil spill. Republicans blocked this.

Immigration Reform- Republican suggested comprehensive immigration reform until Obama supported it. Now they’re rabidly opposed to it and even voted against their own legislation. Republicans blocked this.

Unemployment extension bill HR-4213- Would provide additional aid to the millions of Americans still on unemployment who are just trying to support themselves and their families. Republicans blocked this bill for 8 weeks before it finally passed. Republicans blocked this for 8 weeks before it finally passed.

Fair Pay Act of 2009- Also called the Lily Ledbetter bill. Requires that women receive equal compensation to men for doing the same work. Republicans attempted to block this.

The next time someone tells you that the Republicans care about the American people just give them this list of all the bill Republicans wanted to fail.

President Obama has actually never failed in his efforts to try and keep his promises but he has run into unprecedented, mindless partisan obstructionism.

The Republicans have failed to realize their goal should be to work towards the benefit of all Americans, rather that to serve only the selfish political needs of their own political party.

nAz
05-19-2011, 10:12 PM
That is a short list, coulda been longer.
question Perky, Why do you hate America? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

llotter
05-20-2011, 05:27 AM
Obstructionism is a good thing when there is a commie pinko Marxist leftists trying to bring their brand of 'change' to our country. The obstruction has not been obstructing enough.

LWW
05-20-2011, 05:41 AM
Isn't it precious how punky cut and pasted the work of a moonbat crazy leftist site and posted it as it was his own work.

OOPSY! (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/01/03/bills-republicans-have-blocked/)

This where aitch chimes in that he loves the lie and I'm a slimeball for exposing the truth.

pooltchr
05-20-2011, 06:08 AM
Maybe he doesn't know that what he did is illegal, and could end him up in some serious litigation. Some people take plagiarism quite seriously!

Steve

Perky
05-20-2011, 08:12 AM
<span style='font-size: 20pt'> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif Weenie poop /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif safety barrier !!!</span>
Just as when coming near any obviously hazardous material it is always recommended to employ proper precautions.

Stretch
05-20-2011, 08:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Perky</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 20pt'> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif Weenie poop /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif safety barrier !!!</span>
Just as when coming near any obviously hazardous material it is always recommended to employ proper precautions. </div></div>

Early diagnosis is the the key to a healthy recovery. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif St.

Perky
05-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Obviously only such low level thinkers as The Weenie (that is of course the real interpretation of The Weenie as a... deep=low level thinker... of course he already knows that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif )...and sub-weenies would not be able to recognize this list of information for anything other than what it was.

Not only is it very telling relative to their dysfunctional analytic abilities but to a far, far greater extent it exposes that they are actually in agreement with this entire list

Nowhere do they on any level attempt to deny the obvious factual nature of this information. Rather they once again only made pathetic attempts to ignore the truth and spin meaningless and irrelevant diversions. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

And still The Weenie continues to run and hide from the wager he himself initiated... yet again giving tangible proof that Weenie integrity is crap /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

It should also be noted that once again it is The Weenie
modus-operandi to come up on any subject from behind. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/bperkins_photo/Weeniesandsub-weenies.jpg

eg8r
05-20-2011, 08:38 AM
Welcome back naz. I hope all is well.

eg8r

pooltchr
05-20-2011, 10:10 AM
I don't understand why you would post something, presumably for a topic of discussion, and then immediately start trolling your own thread.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-20-2011, 10:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obstructionism is a good thing when there is a commie pinko Marxist leftists trying to bring their brand of 'change' to our country. The obstruction has not been obstructing enough. </div></div>

Do you EVER read the papers????

Bush isn't the president anymore!!!!

G.

Perky
05-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Trolling??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif pretty obvious who's the troller here.

I was indeed quite open to any intelligent discussion... neither you, The Weenie or the other sub-weenie llotter had anything worthwhile to add but pathetic insults. What can't you Weenies and sub-weennies understand about "weenie poop" not welcome??!!

Sorry forgot... all weenies are illiterate as well as full of weenie-poop.

Back up sub-weenie!!!... yer nose is cold and damp /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/bperkins_photo/STEVE.jpg

pooltchr
05-20-2011, 11:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Perky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trolling??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif pretty obvious who's the troller here.

</div></div>

Yes it is....but I doubt that is going to stop you. Obviously, you enjoy the attention.

Steve

Perky
05-20-2011, 11:43 AM
I don't believe anyone but the Weenie enjoys the attention of your cold damp nose. However it is pretty obvious that you enjoy seeing your image at the top of the list.

pooltchr
05-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Actually, I see it as more of a self portrait that you have been publishing....but whatever floats your boat. You're still acting like a troll.

Steve

Perky
05-20-2011, 02:46 PM
And yet here you are again... pathetic attempt at dodging your Weening butt stuffing, troll denying, reality.

Again!!! If you're so bored with me I strongly suggest you satisfy your urges by limiting yourself to just "boring" your nose up only the Weenie's butt.

pooltchr
05-20-2011, 02:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Perky</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I strongly suggest you satisfy your urges by limiting yourself to just "boring" your nose up only the Weenie's butt. </div></div>

I'll leave that to you...you are far more accomplished at that activity than I.

Steve

Perky
05-20-2011, 03:02 PM
What still not bored with me yet???? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif then take your butt stuffing nose elsewhere. Is your word worth nothing??

pooltchr
05-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Did I say something about leaving? I don't think so....although the sewer smell that arrived about the same time you started posting is quite powerful.

Steve

Perky
05-20-2011, 03:06 PM
What still not bored with me yet???? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif then take your butt stuffing nose elsewhere. Is your word worth nothing??

Hardly care if your on the board... just think you'd do well to stop boring your nose up my butt /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
05-20-2011, 03:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't understand why you would post something, presumably for a topic of discussion, and then immediately start trolling your own thread.

Steve </div></div>

Because the puppet master told them to.

Perky
05-20-2011, 05:34 PM
As The Weenie pontificates from his throne in WEENIE"S WORLD...

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Who gives a weenie-poop !! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

because......

The Weenie already lives in a world of weenie-poop...
( /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif but he already knows that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif )
...so it is hardly surprising since...
The Weenie political opinion is weenie-poop
...his logic is weenie-poop
...he is blinded by weenie-poop

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/bperkins_photo/WeeniesWorld.jpg

Sev
05-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Funny thing is Democrats had full control of both the house and senate for 4 years. 2 of which Obama was president.

Seems a lot of legislation failed in that time. The only explanation under these circumstances is that there were many democrat defections.

Perky
05-20-2011, 08:50 PM
For the first two of those 4 years... A Republican Administration vs Democratic Congress, just as now a Democratic Administration vs Republican Congress. Always in this sort of situation extremely difficult for either side to push forward their agenda.

In the second 2 years my personal belief is that the Obama administration accomplished a great deal that is worthwhile. I've been living in much of what will be America's future for the past 20+ years and once most of the current legislation is firmly in place, America will never go back. I of course would have liked to seem even more done during the past year but the complications of Senator Kennedy's death were unforeseen.

In the last 2 years of the Bush administration my investments dropped by over $40,000. Since Obama's election, I have not only recouped the loses by those same investments but they have now increased by an additional $15,000. The rise or fall of any individuals financial situation is always going to make a strong impression on their political outlook.

Of course now that the Republicans control Congress quite a bit of legislation has been either diminished or blocked. However, I am absolutely certain Obama will be elected for a second term... even The Weenie obviously agrees with me on that. If history also holds true... the odds certainly favor the Democrats once again taking control of Congress with the next mid-term election

The number of either Democrat or Republican voters to ever defect in any election is always negligible... what does often make a decisive difference is the back and forth movement of the approximately 15-20% of independent voters.

I realize you lean clearly more to the right and maintain a strongly different outlook... but this is my respectful opinion.

LWW
05-21-2011, 03:27 AM
Excellent point.

All democrooks aren't anti American seditionists.

Gayle in MD
05-21-2011, 03:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Perky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they receive when they ship jobs to other countries.

Political Ad disclosure bill- Would have required all donors to political campaigns to reveal themselves. Republicans blocked this, not once but twice.

Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill – Give subpoena power to the independent committee responsible for investigating BP’s roll in the oil spill. Republicans attempted to block this.

The Small Business Jobs Act -would give LOCAL, community banks access to billions of dollars to loan to small businesses. Republicans blocked this, then attempted to block it a second time and failed.

The DREAM Act- Gives immigrant youth who were brought here as children a path to citizenship by earning a college degree or serving the military for 2 years. Republicans blocked this.

Repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”- Would have repealed the law that forces gay and lesbian services members to lie about their sexuality and gives the military the right to discharge soldiers based on their sexuality. Republicans blocked this many times and Democrats were finally able to pass it with the support of just 2 Republicans.

From Crooks and Liars - When John McCain led the filibuster of the Defense Appropriations Act yesterday, he blocked far more than the DREAM Act and repeal of DADT. Here are just a few of the other blocked provisions, courtesy of Mother Jones.

No permanent military bases in Afghanistan.
Report identifying hybrid or electric propulsion systems and other fuel-saving technologies for incorporation into tactical motor vehicles.
Protection of child custody arrangements for parents who are members of the Armed Forces deployed in support of a contingency operation.
Improvements to Department of Defense domestic violence programs.
Department of Defense recognition of spouses of members of the Armed Forces.
Department of Defense recognition of children of members of the Armed Forces.
Enhancements to the Troops-to-Teachers Program.
Fiscal year 2011 increase in military basic pay.
Improving aural protection for members of the Armed Forces.
Comprehensive policy on neurocognitive assessment by the military health care system.
Authority to make excess nonlethal supplies available for domestic emergency assistance.

And those were just some of the progressive provisions. On the conservative side, there are these, and more:

Prohibition on the use of funds for the transfer or release of individuals detained at United States Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Prohibition on the use of funds to modify or construct facilities in the United States to house detainees transferred from United States Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Prohibition on use of funds to give Miranda warnings to Al Qaeda terrorists.

And here’s the bills that Republicans had blocked when we compiled our first list;

Senator Franken’s Anti-Rape Amendment to the Defense Appropriations Bill – Makes it so that women raped overseas while working for foreign contractors have the right to have their case heard in an American court instead of having their case mediated by the company they work for. Only Republican men voted against this, but it passed.

Benefits for Homeless Veterans- Would have expanded benefits to homeless veterans and homeless veterans with children. Republicans blocked this.

Affordable Health Care For America Act- Prevents insurance companies from discriminating against you on the basis of “pre-existing conditions”. Requires that insurance companies spend 85 cents of every dollar that you pay on your actual health care. Limits health insurance companies profit margins. Republicans blocked this for months before it finally passed and have vowed to repeal it if they are elected.

Health Care for the 9/11 First Responders who got sick from being at Ground Zero- Would provide billions of dollars in health care to help the 9/11 First Responders who were at Ground Zero on 9/11 and are now sick because of it. Republicans blocked this.

The Jobs Bill- Offsets the payroll tax for 1 year for companies that hire new employees, or people receiving unemployment insurance. Also gives other tax incentives to companies hiring new employees. Republicans attempted to block this.

Wall Street Reform- Puts stricter regulations on the banks, preventing them from becoming “too big to fail”. Curbs reckless spending practices that caused the banking crisis. Republicans attempted to block this.

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act- Pumped billions of dollars into state and local Governments to prevent us from sinking into a second Great Depression. Republicans opposed this but now want to take credit for the parts of it that we know are successful.

Oil Spill Liability- Raises the liability on what companies can be made to pay to clean up after an oil spill. Republicans blocked this.

Immigration Reform- Republican suggested comprehensive immigration reform until Obama supported it. Now they’re rabidly opposed to it and even voted against their own legislation. Republicans blocked this.

Unemployment extension bill HR-4213- Would provide additional aid to the millions of Americans still on unemployment who are just trying to support themselves and their families. Republicans blocked this bill for 8 weeks before it finally passed. Republicans blocked this for 8 weeks before it finally passed.

Fair Pay Act of 2009- Also called the Lily Ledbetter bill. Requires that women receive equal compensation to men for doing the same work. Republicans attempted to block this.

The next time someone tells you that the Republicans care about the American people just give them this list of all the bill Republicans wanted to fail.

President Obama has actually never failed in his efforts to try and keep his promises but he has run into unprecedented, mindless partisan obstructionism.

The Republicans have failed to realize their goal should be to work towards the benefit of all Americans, rather that to serve only the selfish political needs of their own political party. </div></div>

Another Excellent Post!

While the list, is short, and they did break the filibuster record during that time, additionally, it's the kinds of things which they obstructed, that should instruct others about the kind of party, and the kind of people, they are.

Without Conscience.
Given their pathetic behavior, and Bush's, what gall, to obstruct everything they could, after they had made such a mess, and spent their asses off, and then turn right around, during a critical time, of their own disastrous legacy, and state that their MAIN GOAL, was to make the President, a one term president, in the midst of a complete economic collapse, caused by their own spending, borrowing, deregulating, and doing things that were unheard of, before such as Bush, cutting taxes, during war time, whiloe warring in the wrong country.

The bulk of our deficit, is still from Bush, given the costs of his decisions, are still growing, as we continue to try to care for our Veterans, pay the interest on all of his spending and borrowing, and paying further prices for the results of his failed foreign policy, which was a total waste of money, and life.

Paying down the interest on the massive borrowing Bush and the Republican blank check majority, did, creating unprecedented deficits, the economic threats to our solvency, Spending all the while, paying for nothing for eight years, and heading off none of the treatening situations approaching us, which Bush, and the Republican Blank Check Congress, totally ignored, completely, or made even far worse. Not to mention, the Republican blank check Congress, turns right around and presents themselves as fiscal conservatives, same bunch that allowed all of the spending and borrowing for six years!

Disgusting!

G.

Gayle in MD
05-21-2011, 04:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nAz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a short list, coulda been longer.
question Perky, Why do you hate America? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sure is good to see you back on here!~

Missed your posts!!

G.

pooltchr
05-21-2011, 07:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Perky</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Always in this sort of situation extremely difficult for either side to push forward their agenda.
<span style="color: #FF0000">Which is probably a good thing for the country. When either party gets total control, there is nobody to keep them in check. When it comes to pushing forward agendas, I believe it is better to slow things down, not make it easier </span>

In the second 2 years my personal belief is that the Obama administration accomplished a great deal that is worthwhile.
<span style="color: #FF0000">Obama has only been in office for 28 months. Which second 2 years are you talking about? </span>
</div></div>

Steve

Perky
05-21-2011, 07:43 AM
1st 2 years = last 2 years of Bush administration...
2nd 2 years = 1st 2 years of Obama administration...

with 4 months to spare

Gayle in MD
05-23-2011, 08:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Perky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the first two of those 4 years... A Republican Administration vs Democratic Congress, just as now a Democratic Administration vs Republican Congress. Always in this sort of situation extremely difficult for either side to push forward their agenda.

In the second 2 years my personal belief is that the Obama administration accomplished a great deal that is worthwhile. I've been living in much of what will be America's future for the past 20+ years and once most of the current legislation is firmly in place, America will never go back. I of course would have liked to seem even more done during the past year but the complications of Senator Kennedy's death were unforeseen.

In the last 2 years of the Bush administration my investments dropped by over $40,000. Since Obama's election, I have not only recouped the loses by those same investments but they have now increased by an additional $15,000. The rise or fall of any individuals financial situation is always going to make a strong impression on their political outlook.

Of course now that the Republicans control Congress quite a bit of legislation has been either diminished or blocked. However, I am absolutely certain Obama will be elected for a second term... even The Weenie obviously agrees with me on that. If history also holds true... the odds certainly favor the Democrats once again taking control of Congress with the next mid-term election

The number of either Democrat or Republican voters to ever defect in any election is always negligible... what does often make a decisive difference is the back and forth movement of the approximately 15-20% of independent voters.

I realize you lean clearly more to the right and maintain a strongly different outlook... but this is my respectful opinion. </div></div>

Good post, and right on the money.

Repigs will lose seats, President Obama will be re-elected.

Pawlenty is a joke, saying the President doesn't have courage, after Gates just said he made one of the most courageous decisions he has ever seen a president make.

They more hate the Repigs spew, the more votes they're going to lose, and they have to spew that hatred, to keep that zany RW Fringe, voting for them, which is exactly what will cost them the independent votes, particularly now that we've seen their hatred for the poor, the old, and the Middle Clase, their blatant homophobi9a and sexism, and racism, has fully shown its ugly face in their latest efforts at dictagtorship, and the deceit and lack of fairness as we watch them work for more tasx cuts for the polluting billionaires, who are making record breaking profits, while they and the Wall St. Crooks, rob us all at the pumps....and Repigs, and Ryan, take more, more, more from all of us in their "Budget" plan, to give, give give to the wealthiest at the top, who create NO JOBS AT ALL!

G.

Crooks! Without Conscience!

pooltchr
05-23-2011, 10:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> give give to the wealthiest at the top, who create NO JOBS AT ALL!

G.

</div></div>

Of course, you are right again. Jobs are not created by the wealthy...they are all created by the poor and working class!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve