PDA

View Full Version : Doom, despair, and agony on he ...

LWW
05-22-2011, 06:26 AM
deep dark depression, excessive misery

if it weren't for bad luck he's have no luck at all

doom, despair, and agony on he.

The youthful proletariat have become apostates and enemies of the state:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A very large proportion of recent university graduates have soured on President Barack Obama, <span style='font-size: 11pt'>and many will vote GOP</span> or stay at home in the 2012 election, according to two new surveys of younger voters.

“These rock-solid Obama constituents are free-agents,” said Kellyanne Conway, president of The Polling Company, based in Washington, D.C. She recently completed a large survey of college grads, and “they’re shopping around, considering their options, [and] a fair number will stay at home and sit it out,” she said.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>The scope of this disengagement from Obama is suggested by an informal survey of 500 post-grads by Joe Maddalone, founder of Maddalone Global Strategies. Of his sample,</span> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>93 percent are aged between 22 and 28, 67 percent are male and</span> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>83 percent voted for Obama in 2008. But only 27 percent are committed to voting for Obama again, and</span> <span style='font-size: 20pt'>80 percent said they would consider voting for a Republican</span>, said New York-based Maddalone.

<span style='font-size: 23pt'>That’s a drop of almost 60 points in support for Obama</span> among this influential class of younger post-grad voters, who Maddalone recruited at conferences held at New York University and Thomson-Reuters’ New York headquarters.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/20/recent-college-grads-sour-on-obama-surveys-say/#ixzz1N5EUWy4P </div></div>

Soflasnapper
05-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Yes, that key Democratic constituency of white male post-graduate degree holding unlikely voters, millions of 'em, I say.

Well, it's over then.

pooltchr
05-22-2011, 10:41 PM
That was one of the key demographics that helped put Obama in the White House.

Steve

LWW
05-23-2011, 01:55 AM
The left is in full blown denial.

When dear leader loses however, I predict the reason ... as claimed by the cabal ... will be racism.

LWW
05-23-2011, 01:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, that key Democratic constituency of white male post-graduate degree holding unlikely voters, millions of 'em, I say.

Well, it's over then. </div></div>

Yes, I think it is ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However, this morning comes the most troubling political news for Obama's four-day-old reelection campaign:

His job approval among blacks is sliding.

Once monolithic, blacks' support for the first African American president is still....

....immense. But for unclear reasons it's declined about 7% from well above 90% to 85% in March. That's a new low since Obama's inauguration 26 months ago.
Equally ominous for Obama in 2012, his approval among Hispanics, the nation's fastest-growing demographic, has also fallen to again tie his term low of 54%. That's a drop of 11 points from its early high of 65%. </div></div>

OH DEAR! (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/04/obama-black-support-slips-hispanics-too.html)

pooltchr
05-23-2011, 07:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The left is in full blown denial.

When dear leader loses however, I predict the reason ... as claimed by the cabal ... will be racism. </div></div>

That could prove to be quite entertaining, should Cain get the Rep nomination...I guess that would require some reverse racism!

Steve

Sev
05-23-2011, 08:19 AM
It would be nice if Cain got it. However we are pretty far out at the moment.

Who knows. Obama could have a heart attack on one of his golf outings.

Then Biden would be running with Boehner as his VP.

The B.B. King ticket. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Perky
05-23-2011, 09:25 AM
<span style='font-size: 20pt'> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif Weenie-poop safety barrier !!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif </span>
Just as when coming near any obviously hazardous material it is always recommended to employ proper precautions.

The Weenie lives in a world of weenie-poop...
<span style='font-size: 17pt'> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif (but you already knew that ) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </span>
...it is hardly surprising since...
The Weenie’s political opinions are weenie-poop
...his logic is weenie-poop
...he is blinded by weenie-poop

Perky
05-23-2011, 09:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">re: The Whining Weenie

When dear leader loses... Bla,Bla,Spew,Baffle-gab,Spew </div></div>

What an incredibly pathetic loser The Weenie is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

First he dares to ask what I'm willing to bet that Obama will win in 2012 and the then when I call The Weenie on it... he turns tail and slithers back down his Weenie World hole. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Now he pathetically throws-up again his ridiculous notion that the Repubs. have anyone amongst their vast array of losers who would stand a chance against President Obama.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Suck it up Weenie!!!... 5 <span style='font-size: 14pt'>1/2</span> more years</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Go back down your Weenie World hole where you belong... you obviously don't have the integrity or the teeny-weeny raisins to stand up for anything that spews out of your mouth.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/bperkins_photo/WeeniesWorld.jpg

Soflasnapper
05-23-2011, 07:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was one of the key demographics that helped put Obama in the White House.

Steve </div></div>

While he won that demo, I agree, it was hardly a critical factor in the win. The win was large, and this group, small. Flipping the O/McCain percentages in this demo group would not have made any difference in the outcome.

The most that can be claimed is some canary in the coalmine function, but again, these people are unlikely voters.

Depending on who the powers want in, astounding things can happen regardless of declining vote totals in various constituencies.

Consider that in his re-election bid, W lost significant parts of every part of his coalition relative to 2000's results, and I mean across the board. Fewer evangelicals, fewer independents, fewer Hispanics, fewer women. No significant part of his 2000 vote met the same percentages in 2004. So how did he win, exactly?

You won't believe it, but it was the inner city vote. They said. Which is impossible, excepting what I started with-- "Depending on who the powers want in..."

pooltchr
05-23-2011, 09:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">-- "Depending on who the powers want in..."

</div></div>

That part, I totally agree with. I dare say the majority of rank and file Dems would have wanted Hillary...but the powers that be, who happen to control what the media broadcasts, wanted Obama. Why would that be? Do you think Hillary was less likely to bend to the wishes of the power brokers than Obama? I do. I think Obama was put in office precisely because he could be controlled. Hillary was a bit too independent.

And it didn't really matter who the Dems nominated. The media had done such a great job of making it a campaign against Bush, who wasn't even running, that Perky probably could have won! The entire campaign was about not having 4 more years of Bush. They had convinced the public that life under a Bush presidency was as bad as it could be.

Funny how 2 and a half years of Obama has proven that theory wrong. Consider where we are now as opposed to May 2008, and most people will tell you they were much better off then.

When Obama won the election, several people, including myself, suggested that the best thing that might come out of his presidency would be an awakening of the American public, as to the destructive nature of the leftist, statist mentality.

Even Obama knows he has an uphill battle ahead. Listen to the tone of his speeches. He is already campaigning, 18 months before the election, and without even having a named opponent yet! And he is in his element, once again. He is a far better campaigner than he has been a leader.

Steve

Soflasnapper
05-25-2011, 11:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Funny how 2 and a half years of Obama has proven that theory wrong. Consider where we are now as opposed to May 2008, and most people will tell you they were much better off then.

When Obama won the election, several people, including myself, suggested that the best thing that might come out of his presidency would be an awakening of the American public, as to the destructive nature of the leftist, statist mentality.</div></div>

Sure, because as of the end of the GW Bush administration in May '08, everything was fine with the economy. Oh, wait! We had already gone into recession the previous December, iirc, and toward the REAL end of the Bush term, it had worsened into a near-depression/worst recession since the Great Depression.

pooltchr
05-25-2011, 12:38 PM
And if you look at the root cause of the recession, I think you will find that a big part of it was boatload of bad loans the banks were forced to make as a result of the CRA. People buying homes they couldn't possibly afford, and the banks encouraging them under the heavy hand of the US government.

As for the timing, if you look back, the economy wasn't even a big issue until Obama and McCain had already won their nominations. The big issues were the boarders, and immigration. Then, when it looked like McCain had the upper hand on those issues, all of a sudden the media started reporting on all the economic problems. It's almost like it became a self fulfilling prophesy. But, I honestly don't think they thought it would snowball like it did.

Bush was in office for 8 years, and somehow, he gets all the blame for a recession that began in his last month in office. But Obama gets all the credit for maintaining it for the past two and a half years. And if unemployment remains at or near current levels for another year, Obama's hopes for a second term will be very slim.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-25-2011, 12:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Funny how 2 and a half years of Obama has proven that theory wrong. Consider where we are now as opposed to May 2008, and most people will tell you they were much better off then.

When Obama won the election, several people, including myself, suggested that the best thing that might come out of his presidency would be an awakening of the American public, as to the destructive nature of the leftist, statist mentality.</div></div>

Sure, because as of the end of the GW Bush administration in May '08, everything was fine with the economy. Oh, wait! We had already gone into recession the previous December, iirc, and toward the REAL end of the Bush term, it had worsened into a near-depression/worst recession since the Great Depression.

</div></div>

What can we expect from a man who said that the deficits didn't matter, while the Bush Administration was running them through the roof, and in the midst of warring in two wars, while Bush and the Repubs, were cutting taxes, increasing entitlement costs, by trillions, and borrowing more money that all previous administrations, combined, since the beginning of the government, and then within months, he was on here outraged, whining and bashing President Obama, who inherited the worst legacy in American history, save maybe The Great Depression, because he was spending money, trying to divert the Great Bush Depression, by investing in a recovery.

Then, the same man, tries to say that there is no difference, in the two political party's, in spite of the many charts which have been posted here, which prove, that Republicans CANNOT HANDLE MONEY!!!!

And that they grow the federal government, and destroy wages of the Middle Class, every single time they get into power, and then turn right around and blame the Democratic Party, for their own colossal REPUBLICAN CREATED, disasters, which they ALWAYS leave behind them.

G.