PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER REPIG HYPOCRITE-ON THE DOLE HIMSELF



Gayle in MD
05-24-2011, 07:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WASHINGTON -- Rep. Rob Woodall, a Georgia Republican, made a vigorous ideological defense of ending Medicare as it currently exists, telling seniors at a local town hall that they ought not look to the government to provide health care for the elderly just because their private employer doesn't offer health benefits for retirees.

A Woodall constituent raised a practical obstacle to obtaining coverage in the private market within the confines of an employer-based health insurance system: What happens when you retire?

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>"The private corporation that I retired from does not give medical benefits to retirees," the woman told the congressman in video captured a local Patch reporter in Dacula, Ga.

"Hear yourself, ma'am. Hear yourself," Woodall told the woman. "You want the government to take care of you, because your employer decided not to take care of you. My question is, 'When do I decide I'm going to take care of me?'"</span>


Large portions of the crowd responded enthusiastically to the congressman's barb, with some giving him a standing ovation, underscoring the <span style='font-size: 20pt'>fierce divisions within the electorate.</span>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>William Robert Woodall III, who goes by "Rob," doesn't appear to have been referring literally to himself, but rather speaking figuratively. It's a good thing, because financial records show the 41-year-old congressman has done very little to take care of himself in his retirement. Woodall's 2009 financial disclosure forms, filed with the House of Representatives, show that his two largest IRAs have between $15,000 and $50,000 worth of assets, hardly the type of nest egg that would be able to cover the health care costs associated with aging absent government health care.

Woodall was chief of staff to former Rep. John Linder (R-Ga.), a job taxpayers shelled out more than $100,000 a year for in 2002, rising to more than $150,000 in 2009, plus gold-plated health and retirement benefits. Woodall, who has taken his former boss's seat, now makes $174,000 a year with generous benefits.

Another woman at the Woodall town hall told the congressman that it was unrealistic to think that the market would provide affordable policies to the elderly.

When you become a senior, you will not be created equal when they take away your Medicare," she said.
Another woman told the congressman that Medicare provides peace of mind to her children, who would be on the hook for her care otherwise, much as they were before the social safety net was stitched together. </span>"I'm fine with my Medicare, and my children and my grand children -- my children especially -- would have a lot of heartburn if they know that I'm not on Medicare, because that voucher is not going to go very far, said the woman.

Across the country, Republicans have faced hostile town hall attendees angered by the House vote to end Medicare for people under 55 and replace it with a voucher system that would not rise with health care costs, leaving it to cover less and less treatment as the years go on.

Woodall suggested that the woman concerned about vouchers might find the type of health care system she and her children approve of in Canada or another industrialized nation.

"If you want a socialized health care program, there are lots of places to find that," he said. "But, for your children's sake, I beg you: There aren't many places to find the freedom to succeed by the sweat of your brow like we have here.

"We consider overall the town hall pretty good stuff, said Jennifer Drogus, a spokeswoman for Woodall contacted by HuffPost. "Folks who were misinformed and guided by the scare politics of the left hopefully left better informed."

</div></div>


<span style="color: #660000">LMAO! Yeah, right! </span>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/23/rob-woodall-on-medicare-take-care-of-me_n_865724.html

eg8r
05-24-2011, 08:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Hear yourself, ma'am. Hear yourself," Woodall told the woman. "You want the government to take care of you, because your employer decided not to take care of you. My question is, 'When do I decide I'm going to take care of me?'"

</div></div>Good for him. More people need to hear this. The victim mentality in this country is out of control.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you become a senior, you will not be created equal when they take away your Medicare," she said.
</div></div>And vice versa this woman is an idiot. What happened all those years when she was capable of saving for her future? What are the chances this woman lived within her means all her life and responsibly saved for her retirement? LOL, you only get "created" once and it is up to you not to screw it up and have to be dependant on the government.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another woman told the congressman that Medicare provides peace of mind to her children, who would be on the hook for her care otherwise</div></div>This I can understand and I feel sorry for the children. However, I am concerned that my children will have to support not only this woman one (if she lives long enough) but probably will have to support her children because there is a statisically high probability that the children will follow their mother's footsteps, fiscally speaking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Across the country, Republicans have faced hostile town hall attendees angered by the House vote to end Medicare for people under 55 and replace it with a voucher system that would not rise with health care costs, leaving it to cover less and less treatment as the years go on.

</div></div>According to Government, with the HC bill, HC should be getting more affordable not more expensive as these attendees are speculating. Now forgive my sarcasm in the previous sentence, but we all know Obama and those that belief in the HC are so full of poop they don't even know what they are upset about anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style="color: #FF0000">"If you want a socialized health care program, there are lots of places to find that," he said. "But, for your children's sake, I beg you: There aren't many places to find the freedom to succeed by the sweat of your brow like we have here.</span></span>
</div></div>This is probably the second most important paragraph to be highlighted yet Gayle let it slip by. With clips like this the guy could be a shoo-in for the White House.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-25-2011, 11:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Hear yourself, ma'am. Hear yourself," Woodall told the woman. "You want the government to take care of you, because your employer decided not to take care of you. My question is, 'When do I decide I'm going to take care of me?'"

</div></div>Good for him. More people need to hear this. The victim mentality in this country is out of control.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you become a senior, you will not be created equal when they take away your Medicare," she said.
</div></div>And vice versa this woman is an idiot. What happened all those years when she was capable of saving for her future? What are the chances this woman lived within her means all her life and responsibly saved for her retirement? LOL, you only get "created" once and it is up to you not to screw it up and have to be dependant on the government.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another woman told the congressman that Medicare provides peace of mind to her children, who would be on the hook for her care otherwise</div></div>This I can understand and I feel sorry for the children. However, I am concerned that my children will have to support not only this woman one (if she lives long enough) but probably will have to support her children because there is a statisically high probability that the children will follow their mother's footsteps, fiscally speaking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Across the country, Republicans have faced hostile town hall attendees angered by the House vote to end Medicare for people under 55 and replace it with a voucher system that would not rise with health care costs, leaving it to cover less and less treatment as the years go on.

</div></div>According to Government, with the HC bill, HC should be getting more affordable not more expensive as these attendees are speculating. Now forgive my sarcasm in the previous sentence, but we all know Obama and those that belief in the HC are so full of poop they don't even know what they are upset about anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style="color: #FF0000">"If you want a socialized health care program, there are lots of places to find that," he said. "But, for your children's sake, I beg you: There aren't many places to find the freedom to succeed by the sweat of your brow like we have here.</span></span>
</div></div>This is probably the second most important paragraph to be highlighted yet Gayle let it slip by. With clips like this the guy could be a shoo-in for the White House.

eg8r

</div></div>

Yet, he has been on the Government dole himself, for decades!!!!

That was the point!

eg8r
05-25-2011, 12:12 PM
This is the same point we say about you and you side step it every time. You want to increase taxes on the rich, yet every year when you do your taxes do you not take advantage of the legal deductions?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-25-2011, 12:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the same point we say about you and you side step it every time. You want to increase taxes on the rich, yet every year when you do your taxes do you not take advantage of the legal deductions?

eg8r </div></div>

I pay what I'm supposed to pay. I don't hide my profits off shore. I don't take subsidies from the Federal Government. I don't pay lobbyists to spend their time on The Hill, buying senators and congresspeople, so that I can break laws and run the Federal Goverrnment, for my own selfish purposes.

Don't even try to compare anything about my taxes, to the top one and a half percent, of thieves, who pollute the environment, drop customers from their health insurance, when they become ill, gouge Americans at the gas pumps, and poison other people's drinking water in their wells.

We already have one rightie on here who likes to use absurd analogies, don't you start.



G.

eg8r
05-25-2011, 12:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I pay what I'm supposed to pay.</div></div>So do all the rich people that take advantage of the legal tax code. Legal is legal and your argument about what people do legally is moot at most. Just because the man has been on the "dole" as you like to put it doesn't weaken his statement one single bit.

The problem is that your issue has nothing to do with the man on the "dole" or not but every bit of the fact that you are on the opposite side, ideologically speaking, of the argument.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-25-2011, 12:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I pay what I'm supposed to pay.</div></div>So do all the rich people that take advantage of the legal tax code. Legal is legal and your argument about what people do legally is moot at most. Just because the man has been on the "dole" as you like to put it doesn't weaken his statement one single bit.

The problem is that your issue has nothing to do with the man on the "dole" or not but every bit of the fact that you are on the opposite side, ideologically speaking, of the argument.

eg8r </div></div>

That
s right, I am on the opposite side of the Republican efforts to destroy Medicare, as we know it, and be pawns of the health insurance industry, monopoly, and health care, for profits.

When we pay way more for our health care, than any other country, yet we are way down on the list of countries, 37th or 38th in the quality of that care, it is time to prevent more corporate destruction of the Middle Class, and the poor, and even, many in the top three percent, who could be ruined, very quickly, of one or more in their family, became ill, with any catestrophic disease.

Our Medical costs, are directly tied into the crash. Sicty two percent, lost their homes, because someone in their family became ill, and their HCinsurance, dropped them, and thhey had to borrow on the equity of their homes, to try to provide health care, for their loved ones.

So you're exactly right! I am completely against Republican social engineering. And, as you know, I am completely against subsidies for oil, and as well, think we should be able to shop for our medical prescription drugs, from other countries, since we are being gouged like hell, here, for the very same drugs, that are available in other countries, for a fraction of the price, here.


AND I resent, a Republican senator, or congressman, who thinks it's fine for him to get government paid health care, most of his life, but thinks that other American's lives, and health, are not worth it.


G.

llotter
05-25-2011, 12:56 PM
It sure seems to be the case that our society has been transformed from one of freedom and personal responsibility into one where the highest value is to unashamedly become a ward of the state, sucking on the public teat. For most of us, that presents a very unattractive substitute for the land of the free and home of the brave but the Left sees it entirely different, however. They know that that extreme interpretation of freedom is just mythology, that the average 'Joe' is not capable to taking care of himself and must rely on the larger community to insure his welfare and thank God, there are a few elite folks who can set things up to protect the poor and downtrodden for cold real world.

It does seem like a hard case for us conservatives when all we have to sell is freedom while the progressives are giving away money. Which citizen is more free they ask, the one without the money or the one with the money he has just received from the public trough? Do you want freedom or free money? The fine print is at the bottom that is hardly readable to the young, let alone the elderly, about selling your soul, goes largely unnoticed.

pooltchr
05-25-2011, 01:13 PM
It seems Gayle has found a way to sum up her thoughts quite accurately.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

llotter
05-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Gayle's entry has upset the system. She should delete it.

pooltchr
05-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Do you really think she cares? She has been stinking up the place for years.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-25-2011, 01:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It sure seems to be the case that our society has been transformed from one of freedom and personal responsibility into one where the highest value is to unashamedly become a ward of the state, sucking on the public teat. For most of us, that presents a very unattractive substitute for the land of the free and home of the brave but the Left sees it entirely different, however. They know that that extreme interpretation of freedom is just mythology, that the average 'Joe' is not capable to taking care of himself and must rely on the larger community to insure his welfare and thank God, there are a few elite folks who can set things up to protect the poor and downtrodden for cold real world.

It does seem like a hard case for us conservatives when all we have to sell is freedom while the progressives are giving away money. Which citizen is more free they ask, the one without the money or the one with the money he has just received from the public trough? Do you want freedom or free money? The fine print is at the bottom that is hardly readable to the young, let alone the elderly, about selling your soul, goes largely unnoticed. </div></div>

I want to live in a country without corporate welfare, and Republican/corporate fascism, legalized by a RW activist, fascist Supreme Court, which undermines the votes of the citizens, with unlimited money in the form of bribes, from the wealthy corporate CEO's who are destroying the country, its environment, its honor and its solvency, by robbing the til, non stop, for their own greedy purposes, Without Conscience while the fascists, are pretending to be the party of "Christian Family Values, and while, at the same time, thinks it is fine to kill people who are practicing their Constitutional rights, and who thinks they have a right to dictate to others, according their their personal, religious version, of right and wrong, and where all people are treated equal, under the law.

And if we did live in that country, Bush, Cheney, Rice, and Rumsfeld, Libby and Rove, would have been hung for TREASON, by now!

And, the CEO's on Wall Street, would all be in jail!

G.

llotter
05-25-2011, 02:44 PM
It is a truism, Gayle, that, as Lord Acton states, power tends to corrupt and when all the power get concentrated in Washington, as the Left advocates, the necessary outcome is corruption. You might check out The Acton Institute sometime if you want to add some depth to your rhetoric. Aside from the fact that we lose our freedom as we hand over our responsibility to the politician/bureaucrat, we invite in the fascists and the corporatists and the corruption and the decline of society as we have all witnessed over and over again in our lifetime and throughout history. Without the centralized power, all of that corruption dries up and dies, or at least goes on holiday, and the gigantic problems we now have become much more manageable.

Those on the Left continue to think that they are smart enough to get it right, to finally create their Utopia of their dreams but they merely continue playing whack-a-mole with the vile symptoms while the unintended consequences go on destroying the good in search of the perfect.

Gayle in MD
05-25-2011, 02:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is a truism, Gayle, that, as Lord Acton states, power tends to corrupt and when all the power get concentrated in Washington, as the Left advocates, the necessary outcome is corruption. You might check out The Acton Society sometime if you want to add some depth to your rhetoric. Aside from the fact that we lose our freedom as we hand over our responsibility to the politician/bureaucrat, we invite in the fascists and the corporatists and the corruption and the decline of society as we have all witnessed over and over again in our lifetime and throughout history. Without the centralized power, all of that corruption dries up and dies, or at least goes on holiday, and the gigantic problems we now have become much more manageable.

Those on the Left continue to think that they are smart enough to get it right, to finally create their Utopia of their dreams but they merely continue playing whack-a-mole with the vile symptoms while the unintended consequences go on destroying the good in search of the perfect. </div></div>


Fascism is when corporations collude with Government, against the best interests of the common good.

That is exactly what I have been watching Republicans do for my whole life.

As for your, anachronistic opinions about Government, and its constitutional obligations, our founders made that very clear, the jobs of Government, is to do what the individual cannot do for himself, like clean up the filthy polluted air and water, that Energy corporations make us ill with, through their lack of conscience, and greed.

Like every American having a right to decent halth Care, which Republicans block, to get money from the Health Care Industry, Big Pharma, OIL, War Contractors, and War profiteering pigs, a corrupt insurance industry, which fails to keep the ill on their policies when they need coverage the most, and like corporations who get subsidies, for outsourcing our jobs, and polluting our environment.

That's who REpiglicans represent, and they are the ONLY people in this country, that Repiglicans represent, which is easily proven, by just watching them vote, live, on C-span, and BTW, I take care of myself. I have never taken a penny from government, except for what I've already paid for my whole life.

As for your version???

I thinks it's irrational...

Hence...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpcTkV1tKDs&feature=related

eg8r
05-25-2011, 04:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That
s right, I am on the opposite side of the Republican efforts to destroy Medicare, as we know it,</div></div>Yep, one of the top 4 reasons we are in the debt we are currently in. I hope they rip it up and redo it so that it serves its intended purpose instead of being used as a vote grabber by the left.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you're exactly right!</div></div>I know I am, I just wonder why bother trying to cover up your real intent on the thread. This has nothing to do with the guy on the "dole".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AND I resent, a Republican senator, or congressman, who thinks it's fine for him to get government paid health care, most of his life, but thinks that other American's lives, and health, are not worth it.

</div></div>I resent a couple of Democratic senators sitting in a closed off office throwing out ideas for a 2000 page HC bill that they refused to read which forces the American people to pay for HC which those Senators are not willing to use.


eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-25-2011, 04:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That
s right, I am on the opposite side of the Republican efforts to destroy Medicare, as we know it,</div></div>Yep, one of the top 4 reasons we are in the debt we are currently in. I hope they rip it up and redo it so that it serves its intended purpose instead of being used as a vote grabber by the left.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you're exactly right!</div></div>I know I am, I just wonder why bother trying to cover up your real intent on the thread. This has nothing to do with the guy on the "dole".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AND I resent, a Republican senator, or congressman, who thinks it's fine for him to get government paid health care, most of his life, but thinks that other American's lives, and health, are not worth it.

</div></div>I resent a couple of Democratic senators sitting in a closed off office throwing out ideas for a 2000 page HC bill that they refused to read which forces the American people to pay for HC which those Senators are not willing to use.


eg8r </div></div>

But you don't resent Republicans destroying Medicare, while they are getting all of the health care coverage, they want to deny the rest of us of getting?

It's about the outrageous COSTS!!!

Believe me, health Care, and H.C.insurance costs in this country, were going up like gangbusters for eight years, and it was causing many in our country to go bankrupt, while our actual care, is way down beneath other countries, who do have a national health Care Plan.

That doesn't bother you???

It's not a matter of not preparing yourself, which is how the right always seems to want to think, about every issue,.... oh, they are just dummies, if they can't get through an illness, without going bankrupt, or oh, they're all on the dole, and want something for nothing....

That isn't it, at all. People who are fifty four, for example, have paid into medicare, proably for twenty five to thirty years. Do they deserve to lose the medicare, they were paying into, for all of those years. do you think it's fair for Republicans to have their health care coverage, while they take it away from everyone else???

The problem, is that we're all BEING GOUGED!!!! It's the costs, in America, not the program, it's the COSTS, which really ARE unsustainable, and the reason why, health care coverage for profit, and Health Care itself, for profit, is the crux of the problem!

G.

pooltchr
05-25-2011, 04:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It's not a matter of not preparing yourself, which is how the right always seems to want to think, about every issue,.... oh, they are just dummies,
</div></div>

I think you got that backward. The right thinks that most Americans, when left to their own initiatives, are smart enough to figure things out. It's the left who think they are too stupid, and need the government to run every aspect of their lives for them.

Steve

Qtec
05-26-2011, 12:54 AM
LOL.I don't think its possible for you to be more wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Medicare is for:

People 65 and over .
People of any age who have kidney failure or long term kidney disease.
People who are permanently disabled and cannot work]link </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"You want the government to take care of you, because your employer decided not to take care of you. My question is, 'When do I decide I'm going to take care of me?'" </div></div>

ALL her working life she has been paying to take care of others, as you yourself said. Now its her turn. What's wrong with that?
Its a good system that has worked for years and everyone on it loves it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And vice versa this woman is an idiot. What happened all those years when she was capable of saving for her future </div></div>

This just shows how ill informed you are. Most people live paycheck to paycheck. With wages falling and prices rising MOST people can just get by. They don't have any surplus!

Q...who is the idiot?

Gayle in MD
05-26-2011, 06:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL.I don't think its possible for you to be more wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Medicare is for:

People 65 and over .
People of any age who have kidney failure or long term kidney disease.
People who are permanently disabled and cannot work]link </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"You want the government to take care of you, because your employer decided not to take care of you. My question is, 'When do I decide I'm going to take care of me?'" </div></div>

ALL her working life she has been paying to take care of others, as you yourself said. Now its her turn. What's wrong with that?
Its a good system that has worked for years and everyone on it loves it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And vice versa this woman is an idiot. What happened all those years when she was capable of saving for her future </div></div>

This just shows how ill informed you are. Most people live paycheck to paycheck. With wages falling and prices rising MOST people can just get by. They don't have any surplus!

Q...who is the idiot?

</div></div>

They can't allow themselves to admit to the reality of the situation, because that demands they acknowlege the FACT, that Bush redistributed wealth, for eight years, while the Middle Class, the ill, and the poor, struggled with unsustainable rising Health Care costs, Health Insurance costs and corruption, and rising energy costs.

Bush, and the Republican Congress, ignored all of it, including the on-going unregulated greed and corruption on Wall St.

Republicans think that having share holders, is a blank check to steal and destroy the country's economy, and even the world's economy.

When the Republican was asked by the women in the audience, why he didn't take care of himself, and get his own Health Insurance, since no one was forcing him to let the Government take care of him, he laughed in her face, and said, "Because it's free!"


/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif



<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hear yourself, ma'am. Hear yourself," Woodall told the woman. "You want the government to take care of you, because your employer decided not to take care of you. My question is, 'When do I decide I'm going to take care of me?'"

The exchange continued. In video provided to HuffPost by another constituent, Woodall was asked why -- if he believes in such self reliance -- he doesn't forgo his government health care plan.

"I have a question about taking care of you. You have government subsidized health care, but you are not obligated to take that if you don't want to. Why aren't you going out on the fee market in the state where you're a resident and buy your own health care? Be an example," said a constituent in the new video.

"Your question is," Woodall responded, "my government's willing to give me lots and lots of stuff for free and why don't I take it?"

The woman followed up. "Why aren't you leading by example, and go and get it in a single-subscriber plan, like you want everybody else to have, because you want to end employer-sponsored health plans and government-sponsored health plans. You said so in a letter to me, that your goal is to get rid of the employer-sponsored health care [system]. So why aren't you leading by example and go out yourself, decline the government health plan and go to Blue Cross/Blue Shield or whoever, and get one for yourself and see how tough it is," she said. "You don't have any pre-existing conditions, I guess, you haven't had any life-threatening illnesses like I had last year."

Woodall responded that "this is why it's good to have these conversations, because there's some bad information out there."

But his constituent presses him further. "Answer the question: Why haven't you gone out and got it?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought I did. It's because it's free. It's because it's free," he said. "The same reason I went out to Walgreen's and bought ActivOn and I don't have any arthritis pain: Because it's free. Folks, if you give people things for free, don't blame them for taking them."

On Tuesday, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) responded to the initial Woodall video by telling the Washington Post that the congressman "lays bare" the GOP approach to health care. "No matter how hard you've worked your whole life, no matter how severe your medical hardship, the Republican motto is clear: You're on your own. This lays bare the ideology behind their goal of ending of Medicare as we know it," he said.


</div></div>

See it for yourself! Absolutely repulsive Repiglican, IMO!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/25/rob-woodall-health-care_n_866859.html

eg8r
05-26-2011, 10:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL.I don't think its possible for you to be more wrong.

</div></div>LOL, It would be even more impossible for you to be the person to prove it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most people live paycheck to paycheck.</div></div>Most of them do that by choice. Would you care to talk about their wasted expenditures or are you one of the idiots that believes they "deserve" them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Q...who is the idiot? </div></div>You will always be our village idiot.

eg8r

eg8r
05-26-2011, 10:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They can't allow themselves to admit to the reality of the situation, because that demands they acknowlege the FACT, that Bush redistributed wealth, for eight years, while the Middle Class, the ill, and the poor, struggled with unsustainable rising Health Care costs, Health Insurance costs and corruption, and rising energy costs.
</div></div>Just because your call these "facts" and you use cutesy little red and yellow faces does not make anything a real fact. No wealth has been redistributed other than stealing from producers and giving to consumers.

eg8r

eg8r
05-26-2011, 10:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But you don't resent Republicans destroying Medicare, while they are getting all of the health care coverage, they want to deny the rest of us of getting?

</div></div>Do you read what I read and then completely forget it? Let me quote it again for you...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, one of the top 4 reasons we are in the debt we are currently in. I hope they rip it up and redo it so that it serves its intended purpose instead of being used as a vote grabber by the left. </div></div>I resent how your beloved Dems do nothing for Medicare but use it as a noose around your voters necks come election time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That doesn't bother you???

</div></div>Don't ask me if I care if you are not going to bother to read/remember my response.

All those other countries are being gouged in their taxes. Everyone pays for HC except the poor and they get it free. This is true around the world.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-26-2011, 12:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They can't allow themselves to admit to the reality of the situation, because that demands they acknowlege the FACT, that Bush redistributed wealth, for eight years, while the Middle Class, the ill, and the poor, struggled with unsustainable rising Health Care costs, Health Insurance costs and corruption, and rising energy costs.
</div></div>Just because your call these "facts" and you use cutesy little red and yellow faces does not make anything a real fact. No wealth has been redistributed other than stealing from producers and giving to consumers.

eg8r </div></div>

Absurd statement, IMO, Ed. Completely absurd.

Gayle in MD
05-26-2011, 12:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But you don't resent Republicans destroying Medicare, while they are getting all of the health care coverage, they want to deny the rest of us of getting?

</div></div>Do you read what I read and then completely forget it? Let me quote it again for you...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, one of the top 4 reasons we are in the debt we are currently in. I hope they rip it up and redo it so that it serves its intended purpose instead of being used as a vote grabber by the left. </div></div>I resent how your beloved Dems do nothing for Medicare but use it as a noose around your voters necks come election time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That doesn't bother you???

</div></div>Don't ask me if I care if you are not going to bother to read/remember my response.

All those other countries are being gouged in their taxes. Everyone pays for HC except the poor and they get it free. This is true around the world.

eg8r </div></div>

More absurd statements, IMO, Ed. Even more absurd than the first one.

eg8r
05-26-2011, 01:23 PM
So was your response.