PDA

View Full Version : Back from Vegas

bradb
05-24-2011, 01:10 PM
The US open championships in Vegas is a pool players dream! I'm sure many of you have attended or played in it.

I arrived late so I had to hustle over to the big room for a 9am match. No time for any practice and I sorely need it to adjust to those fast Diamond bar tables. To make matters worse one of our players did'nt show up so we each had to win 3 games each!!!

Right off the bat my opponent broke and ran out... Next I broke and scratched and my opponent ran out. My next opponent broke and ran out. The match was over!

But I had a great time watching the pro 10 ball matches. Scott Frost was on his game and ran out 5 racks in a row to defeat Appleton. It was an amazing display of shot making.

Went to watch Strickland and all his antics. The guy is truely an ass. Sure wanted to see him lose as he was playing John Moira the Canadian player. Earl was a distraction most of the match, John kept his cool but he eventually lost. Then he had to watch Earl go into a fist pumping routine, It was pathethic.

Got to see the new Magic Rack for the first time, its nothing more than a thin piece of plastic that lays under the rack, you can play right over it, the players all loved it.

There was this asian kid playing on the $20 king of the hill challenge table. He played for hours taking on the best there. He was deadly, running rack after rack. Nobody could beat him, he had so many 20s his pockets were stuffed.

It was all a hoot and I hated to leave, so much great pool to see and play!

Brad

BCA Master Instr
05-25-2011, 07:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bradb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The US open championships in Vegas is a pool players dream! I'm sure many of you have attended or played in it.

I arrived late so I had to hustle over to the big room for a 9am match. No time for any practice and I sorely need it to adjust to those fast Diamond bar tables. To make matters worse one of our players did'nt show up so we each had to win 3 games each!!!

Right off the bat my opponent broke and ran out... Next I broke and scratched and my opponent ran out. My next opponent broke and ran out. The match was over!

But I had a great time watching the pro 10 ball matches. Scott Frost was on his game and ran out 5 racks in a row to defeat Appleton. It was an amazing display of shot making.

Went to watch Strickland and all his antics. The guy is truely an ass. Sure wanted to see him lose as he was playing John Moira the Canadian player. Earl was a distraction most of the match, John kept his cool but he eventually lost. Then he had to watch Earl go into a fist pumping routine, It was pathethic.

Got to see the new Magic Rack for the first time, its nothing more than a thin piece of plastic that lays under the rack, you can play right over it, the players all loved it.

There was this asian kid playing on the $20 king of the hill challenge table. He played for hours taking on the best there. He was deadly, running rack after rack. Nobody could beat him, he had so many 20s his pockets were stuffed.

It was all a hoot and I hated to leave, so much great pool to see and play!

Brad

</div></div>

Sorry I missed you in the Pool School Room....randyg

05-26-2011, 09:46 AM
I'll second that, Brad. The BCA Nationals really is a must do event, I've been going for the past decade or so. Honestly, it does seem to get a lil better every year. This years big change was the live streaming of both Pro events.

The event really is like drinking from a firehose; there is too much to do/see and too many people to catch up with. I always seem to fall short of doing everything.

Then there's that Vegas factor...

Eric

bradb
05-31-2011, 11:58 AM
The best thing I like about going down to the US open in Vegas is it really helps my game. After days of watching the pros stroking the ball so smooth and consistent, the routine sinks into my brain and I start playing much better myself. Then when I get back it slowly wears off and now I'm back to my old self. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Sorry I missed both you guys down there, maybe next time. Brad

Sid_Vicious
05-31-2011, 01:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bradb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The best thing I like about going down to the US open in Vegas is it really helps my game. After days of watching the pros stroking the ball so smooth and consistent, the routine sinks into my brain and I start playing much better myself. Then when I get back it slowly wears off and now I'm back to my old self. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Sorry I missed both you guys down there, maybe next time. Brad

</div></div>

"After days of watching the pros stroking the ball so smooth and consistent, the routine sinks into my brain and I start playing much better myself. Then when I get back it slowly wears off and now I'm back to my old self."

That used to happen to me too, like osmosis, yet it slips away. There's something about being planted in a chair watching shots roll up that you are just "bustin out" to play yourself, but can't...for hours and hours. Those events seem to instill enhanced abilities without having to even practice. sid

Tony_in_MD
06-01-2011, 05:00 AM
Wow the exact opposite happens to me, after I attend these types of events.

When I come home I play like crap.

dg-in-centralpa
06-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Let's hope it stays that way through the CCB tourney. Maybe I can win this year. LOL

DG

Rich R.
06-01-2011, 06:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dg-in-centralpa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's hope it stays that way through the CCB tourney. Maybe I can win this year. LOL

DG </div></div>
I'm sorry but you guys will have to finish second and third.

Woof! Woof! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

06-01-2011, 02:10 PM
... 10th Annual CCB US Open tourney coming in 4 months...

Eric &gt;a landmark year

Tony_in_MD
06-02-2011, 04:58 AM
Who let the dogs out?

woof....woof....

Rich R.
06-02-2011, 07:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tony_in_MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who let the dogs out?

woof....woof.... </div></div>
But I'm the big dog. Grrrrr!

Wish I could play well enough to back up the woofing. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

06-02-2011, 09:08 AM
My dog comes out everytime I'm facing a tough shot...just sayin'

Hey, we gotta start talkin about a big 10th anniversary CCB bash (so you guys can woof in person). It's sneaking up on us!

Eric

Brian in VA
06-02-2011, 10:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tony_in_MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow the exact opposite happens to me, after I attend these types of events.

When I come home I play like crap. </div></div>

And you think that's from watching good players???? Dude, it's from having me as a partner!

See you in Chesapeake?

Brian in VA

Tony_in_MD
06-03-2011, 04:46 AM
It is really from watching the best in the world. Seeing them puts my own game in perspective. Takes me a month to get over how poorly I play.

Hopefully I will be at the Open this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brian in VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tony_in_MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow the exact opposite happens to me, after I attend these types of events.

When I come home I play like crap. </div></div>

And you think that's from watching good players???? Dude, it's from having me as a partner!

See you in Chesapeake?

Brian in VA</div></div>