PDA

View Full Version : Cantor Is A Heartless SOB!

Gayle in MD
05-26-2011, 10:14 PM
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>WASHINGTON -- House Republicans are increasingly divided over whether to pay for a massive emergency aid package for those hit by the storms pummeling the Midwest -- an intra-party scuffle that comes at a time of a near-obsessive focus on cutting spending on Capitol Hill.

GOP leaders are signaling they will push to come up with offsets to pay for such a package, which could cost billions of dollars and has been proposed in response to a week of tornadoes and floods that have decimated areas of Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri. The federal government typically foots the bill when it comes to responding to natural disasters, but Republicans in charge of the House say they plan to keep their message of fiscal discipline in line with their actions.

"There's not a question that there are going to be offsets if there is a request for a supplemental," House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) told The Huffington Post.</span>

Cantor said it is important that people "reach out in their hearts for the people who suffer," and emphasized that he believes the federal government should play a role in responding to natural disasters. But at the same time, he said, "We can find things we don't need to spend on to pay for it."

"I also think there's trillions of dollars of spending in Washington," Cantor added. "So it's about priorities."

Republicans have already identified potential offsets, Cantor said, referencing a draft Homeland Security bill that the Appropriations Committee approving on Tuesday that includes $1 billion for disaster relief. But their proposal -- drawing funds from unused money in an Energy Department advanced car technology program -- has only a slim chance of advancing beyond the House, given the program's priority ranking among Democrats and the White House. Critics also argue that $1 billion won't be nearly enough in aid to help disaster-stricken states.

And until it becomes clear if or when President Barack Obama will submit a supplemental request to Congress -- the first step in advancing emergency spending -- Republicans are left squabbling over which to prioritize as a party: ideology or necessity.

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) repeatedly declined to comment on whether he endorsed Cantor's view on the need for offsets. He told The Huffington Post that, in principle, he doesn't answer reporters' questions when walking down halls.

"It doesn't matter if [the question] is easy or hard," Boehner said, adding jokingly. "It leads to bad behavior."

Republicans who control the purse-strings in Congress, meanwhile, were all over the board on the issue.

Rep. Jo Ann Emerson (R-Mo.), a member of the Appropriations Committee, showed The Huffington Post photos of her district under 12 feet of water as a result of flooding from the storms. She said an emergency aid package shouldn't need to be paid for with spending cuts but said she has "no doubt" that some of her colleagues on the committee will push for offsets. She guessed that none of them will come from disaster-prone areas.

"It makes me sad" that some Republicans are insisting on offsets for natural disaster of this scale, Emerson said. And in the case of Cantor, "I was disappointed. I need to take him to my district."

Still, she said she is hopeful that some committee Republicans will side with her in not pushing for offsets, particularly some of the newer members who hail from districts hurt by the storms. People have a change of heart on spending "all of a sudden when it becomes personal," she said. "My own constituents would be horrified if I didn't do everything I could" to get aid.

Democratic lawmakers from districts hit by the storms say it is bad form for Republicans to even be talking about the need to pay for an emergency package of this nature.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"Where is his heart?" Rep. William Lacy Clay (D-Mo.) said of Cantor. "Where is his compassion for people who are suffering today?"

"If they want to fight and quibble over the supplemental, I mean, they are heartless. What's wrong with them?" Clay said. "Nothing for the average American community. That's what they're saying: we don't have anything for the average American community."</span>

Some GOP appropriators demurred when asked for their views. Rep. Frank Wolf (R-Va.) repeatedly said he would need to see the supplemental before deciding if it needed to be paid for. Yet Rep. Mike Simpson (R-Idaho), also on the Appropriations Committee, said he had no problem supporting a supplemental without offsets.

"If you can find offsets, great. If you can't, you can't," he said. "That's what an emergency is, by definition."

The timing of a potential package remains up in the air; Obama has been on a weeklong, four-nation European tour and returns Saturday. He announced Tuesday, two days after the tornadoes first ripped through the Midwest, that he plans to visit a devastated region of Missouri on Sunday.

"I myself will travel to Missouri to talk with folks who've been affected, to talk to local officials about our response effort and hopefully to pray with folks and give them whatever assurance and comfort I can that the entire country is going to be behind them," the president said in London.

An administration official said disaster relief officials are still assessing the scope of damage to determine if and how much may be needed in emergency funding.

"We're monitoring the situation closely and will consider a supplemental request if the need arises," said the official.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/26/missouri-tornado-storm-aid-republicans-divide

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>So now, I suppose these Fiscal Twits are going to hold hostage, the Federal Money, for these people who have lost everything, for their stupid, irrational, heartless ideologies.

Disgusting!

Republicans have shown us how much they actually care about Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! The bulk of their time has been spent on Abortion issues, and clearing the way for more RAPE.

They are out of their minds, when they say we don't have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem.

BULL****

We DO have a Revenue problem, which has contributed greatly to all of our other problems.

So far, all they have accomplished has been to prove to Americans, exactly what pawns they are for ONLY their wealthy contributors, and screw everyone else.

Sickos!

We don't have a spending problem, we have a revenue problem, because these nitwits think we can run a huge country, on a shoestring, and recover from the Bush Depression, and two wars, without raising taxes.

Idiots!</span>

Qtec
05-27-2011, 12:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We DO have a Revenue problem, which has contributed greatly to all of our other problems. </div></div>

Spot on G. The Bush tax cuts and high unemployment has reduced revenue. The RWers on the board are always saying that the Govt should be run like a business. Can they name one single company that <u>doesn't want to increase their revenue?</u>

Wars have always been paid for by raising taxes.
When the Govt is short of money, it raises taxes, this is standard procedure.
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>What you don't do when you have a budget deficit is borrow more money and give it to the super wealthy!

The GOP want the bottom 90% to pay for this scam by making them work 2 more years before retirement and accepting lower wages and less benefits.

The oil companies who are making record profits NEED their subsidies say the GOP and vote against them paying their fair share.........no revolt there. No demand that these benefits be offset by cuts elsewhere.
But aid to people who have lost their houses, all their possessions and possibly loved ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Naaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh</span>

Scum Bags they are. No heaven for them...that's why I know most of them only pretend to be Christians.

Q

Stretch
05-27-2011, 04:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We DO have a Revenue problem, which has contributed greatly to all of our other problems. </div></div>

Spot on G. The Bush tax cuts and high unemployment has reduced revenue. The RWers on the board are always saying that the Govt should be run like a business. Can they name one single company that <u>doesn't want to increase their revenue?</u>

Wars have always been paid for by raising taxes.
When the Govt is short of money, it raises taxes, this is standard procedure.
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>What you don't do when you have a budget deficit is borrow more money and give it to the super wealthy!

The GOP want the bottom 90% to pay for this scam by making them work 2 more years before retirement and accepting lower wages and less benefits.

The oil companies who are making record profits NEED their subsidies say the GOP and vote against them paying their fair share.........no revolt there. No demand that these benefits be offset by cuts elsewhere.
But aid to people who have lost their houses, all their possessions and possibly loved ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Naaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh</span>

Scum Bags they are. No heaven for them...that's why I know most of them only pretend to be Christians.

Q

</div></div>

Some of them even pretend to be human. St.

Gayle in MD
05-27-2011, 08:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scum Bags they are. No heaven for them...that's why I know most of them only pretend to be Christians.

Q

</div></div>

Truer words were never spoken!

Easy to see, Repiglicans would turn this country into a shameful place to live, where those in emergency need, would be thrown under the bus, along with those suffering from catastrophic illnesses, the unemployed, which Repiglicans have already tried to throw under the bus, the hungry, and downtrodden.

While Repiglicans insure that Every Millionaire will get an extra hundred thousand dollars in their pockets every year, Billionaires, even more, and while Repiglicans continue to any block any oversight, or accountability from the very Industries, led by the top CEO, greedy, unconscionable and corrupt, top pigs across the board, while chew up the poor and the Middle Class of our country, and steal more, more more from all of us.

And it all started with stupid people who contended through eight damn years of the Bush/Repiglican spending, warring and borrowing spree, that <span style='font-size: 14pt'>the Deficits, didn't matter!!!!</span>

We have a revenue problem, AND we have a stupidity problem, in the flyover states, which is fueled by not only ignorance, but also by misogyny, racism, homophobia, hatred for their fellow AMericans, and a determination to dictate to all others from their BS religious ideologies, while they foment an elitist attitude, that those who are struck down by unforseen, unpreventable, personal disaster, deserve to lose everything, for not having been as SMART, as the flyover idiots, and for having failed to prepare themselves for the disastrous consequences of the FAILED POLICIES, of the Corrupt Repiglican Party.

Those same Flyover idiots think that all in need, should be content to live in a country, where only the wealthy, deserve any aid, or representation, and tough cookie, for those whom they think, are nothing but lazy dummies, who don't want to take care of themselves, so let them all just live on street corners, and starve, AFTER the deregulated, corporate CEO's have stolen everything The People owned thorough greed and corruption, compliments of Repiglican policies, which exploit the hatred and stupidity of the Bible Belt, the very region determined to be America's religious dictators.

Christians???? BULL****!!!!

Unbelievable ignorance and stupidity!

llotter
05-27-2011, 11:51 AM
I don't get it. What's wrong with prioritizing spending?

Gayle in MD
05-27-2011, 12:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't get it. What's wrong with prioritizing spending? </div></div>

That is not the America Way. We don't hold up a request for Federal Emergency Funding, hostage to spending cuts, when Americans have lost everything they own, in a natural disaster, and have NOTHING.

Not that I think you would understand that long honored and maintained principle, of American heartfelt charity and generosity.

Ed will probably say, they should have all had enough responsiblity, personal success, and money behind them, to replace everything they owned, and been smart enough to foresee the possibility that a Tornado, might come along, and wipe them all out, instead of buying all those flat screen TV's, and spending all their money trying to live beyond their means.

Right Ed?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
05-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Nothing. That is the way life works.

If you have your monthly household budget, and one month, your automobile engine blows up, and it's going to cost $2000 to fix it, what do you do? Do you just borrow some money? Not smart, if you are already in debt. And you can't just print money.

The only option is to find ways to cut back in other areas so you can cover this emergency expense.

Or, if you were really smart, you has a little bit set aside for just such emergencies.

But smart doesn't seem to apply to the leftists in Washington (or surrounding states)

Steve

llotter
05-27-2011, 02:09 PM
you should not confuse government redistribution with charity. the essence of charity is volunteering the contribution. forced charity is an oxymoron. i guess when the state supplants the church, it does become necessary to force contributions. who in their right mind would freely give to government to help people in need instead of giving directly to the people or to real charities? Answer: no one.

Gayle in MD
05-27-2011, 07:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you should not confuse government redistribution with charity. the essence of charity is volunteering the contribution. forced charity is an oxymoron. i guess when the state supplants the church, it does become necessary to force contributions. who in their right mind would freely give to government to help people in need instead of giving directly to the people or to real charities? Answer: no one. </div></div>

Gross ignorance.

Show me a charity that can get the immediate money and aid in an organized, speedy manner, to handle a colossal emergency, like this, for thousands of homeless, hungry people.

You righties nauseate me.

G.

Sev
05-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Now didnt Obama just deny aid to a state???

Qtec
05-28-2011, 05:09 AM
Are you asking or telling?

Q...a link might sort it out.

pooltchr
05-28-2011, 06:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now didnt Obama just deny aid to a state???
</div></div>

Texas doesn't count, since Obama didn'c carry Texas in 08.

Q...you really should pay better attention. We already had the discussion about Obama refusing to respond to the request for help by the governor of Texas, while at the same time, sending help to Mexico. The wildfires in Texas were 10 times the size of the one in Mexico. The story, with link, was right here on the forum, and while I don't specifically recall, I would bet that you probably made sure you commented on it.

Steve

pooltchr
05-28-2011, 06:33 AM
Q...my mistake...I went and looked, and it turns out this was one discussion you ducked. (I don't blame you, as it highlights the obvious failure of Obama to live up to the oath of office he took two years ago.

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=352030&fpart=1

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-28-2011, 07:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Q...my mistake...I went and looked, and it turns out this was one discussion you ducked. (I don't blame you, as it highlights the obvious failure of Obama to live up to the oath of office he took two years ago.

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=352030&fpart=1

Steve </div></div>

Q probably didn't bother readinmg your typically ignorant Bs for the same reason why rarely even both opeing up anything launched here by either you, or your Wonkie hero, because you never know WTF you're talking about.

From your own link, Mr. genius. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Just to shut up the dumb asses who will , and I do mean will, try to denounce what I’m saying. Here’s the FEMA site: http://www.fema.gov/news/disasters_state.fema?id=48

Henceforth, any requests for President Obama to do anything about it, should be referred to your congressperson.

Fighting wildfires is not within the purview of the Federal Emergency Management agency. The Forest Service fights national forest fires, the Park Service fights national park and monument fires, and BLM fights national range land fires.

The Federal Government does not exist to “protect its citizens.” Check the Constitution – “establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty” – fighting fires on State and private lands is not a Federal power.

The Federal government does not give out any dollars in welfare to adults at all – cash for the poor is a State program. Foods stamps are actually a farm price support program; feeding the hungry is a secondary benefit. These monies cannot be lawfully diverted by the President to any other purpose.

Congress has enacted laws that govern when and how FEMA can spend federal money on problems that occur within one State – the Governor and the legislature of that State must act according to these regulations before FEMA can even send an estimator, and continued State action is required to keep money coming and keep local residents qualified to receive it. However, FEMA neither provides nor pays firefighters dollars – it merely provides water, food, clothing and shelter to persons made homeless by an officially declared disaster. The President cannot make FEMA pay, or not pay, for anything – once the disaster qualifies, FEMA covers what the statute says it covers – no more, no less, no politics.

If what you are asking for is not specifically within the bounds of existing law, you will need an Act of Congress, not a Presidential decision, to get it!

pooltchr
05-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Very good, Gayle! You actually did some research!

When the governor of a state requests natural disaster status, who has the ultimate decision. How did FEMA get into New Orleans? The governor asked for help.
Governors ask Washington for disaster help all the time. Our governor recently asked for a disaster declaration after tornados destroyes a large area in the eastern part of the state. I remember the same thing happening when I lived in Florida after a hurricane destroyed Homestead.

But, more to the point...if, as you say, the president can't send aid to a state to fight wild fires, what authority does he have to do the same for a foreign government?

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-28-2011, 08:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very good, Gayle! You actually did some research!

When the governor of a state requests natural disaster status, who has the ultimate decision. How did FEMA get into New Orleans? The governor asked for help.
Governors ask Washington for disaster help all the time. Our governor recently asked for a disaster declaration after tornados destroyes a large area in the eastern part of the state. I remember the same thing happening when I lived in Florida after a hurricane destroyed Homestead.

But, more to the point...if, as you say, the president can't send aid to a state to fight wild fires, what authority does he have to do the same for a foreign government?

Steve
</div></div>

Go look it up, wonk, you're wrong again, but if I spent my time on here proving you and your wonkie leader wrong, I couldn't get anything else done.

This BS RW story, is as off the mark, as everything else you post on here.

IOW..... another totally twisted and exaggerated RW LIE, which is all that you two MAJOR WONKS slurp up like kool aid and post on here.

Go google the story, this time, from a reliable source, which means, not your usual radical RW BS sources.

Stunning deceit???? Stunning gnorance!!!! Both????

Hint,

You won't get the facts while riding in your pickup, listening to Limpballs on the radio!
G.

pooltchr
05-28-2011, 09:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You won't get the facts while riding in your pickup, listening to Limpballs on the radio!
G.

</div></div>

Maybe I should get a boat and subscribe to HuffPo.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-28-2011, 10:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
G.

</div></div>

Maybe I should get a boat and subscribe to HuffPo.

Steve </div></div>

Maybe you should. Then perrhaps your jealousy over mine, could be somwhat assuaged.

My work here is done. I've laready blown away your BS.
It' obvious, as usual, you don't have a clue what you're talking about, as usual...you don't even know hwo these things are handled. You really should turn on C-span once in a while, so you can get a grasp, of how your government, that you hate so much, actually works.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Sev
05-28-2011, 10:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now didnt Obama just deny aid to a state???
</div></div>

Texas doesn't count, since Obama didn'c carry Texas in 08.

Q...you really should pay better attention. We already had the discussion about Obama refusing to respond to the request for help by the governor of Texas, while at the same time, sending help to Mexico. The wildfires in Texas were 10 times the size of the one in Mexico. The story, with link, was right here on the forum, and while I don't specifically recall, I would bet that you probably made sure you commented on it.

Steve </div></div>

Well then there is the threat of the no fly zone over TX.

Kind of hoping a few TSA members will be shot by TX rangers just to see what Obama does.

Gayle in MD
05-28-2011, 10:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very good, Gayle! You actually did some research!

Steve
</div></div>

CAN YOU READ????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congress has enacted laws that govern when and how FEMA can spend federal money on problems that occur within one State – the Governor and the legislature of that State must act according to these regulations before FEMA can even send an estimator, and continued State action is required to keep money coming and keep local residents qualified to receive it. However, FEMA neither provides nor pays firefighters dollars – it merely provides water, food, clothing and shelter to persons made homeless by an officially declared disaster. The President cannot make FEMA pay, or not pay, for anything – once the disaster qualifies, FEMA covers what the statute says it covers – no more, no less, no politics.

If what you are asking for is not specifically within the bounds of existing law, you will need an Act of Congress, not a Presidential decision, to get it!

</div></div>

GO BACK TO YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD FULL OF YOUR USUAL IGNORANCE, AND YOUR RANT ABOUT THE FIRES, AND YOU'LL SEE WHERE I'VE ALREADY
BLOWN YOUR BS ABOUT THE MEXICAN FIRES, AWAY.

Texas, BTW got the most FEMA money of any state, already this year.

HOIST!

eg8r
05-28-2011, 10:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We DO have a Revenue problem, which has contributed greatly to all of our other problems. </div></div>We have an even bigger spending/expenditure problem. I say we act intelligently and fix the real problem, spending, and then work on revenue.

eg8r

Sev
05-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Like most woman.
She believes that as long as there are checks left in the checkbook she cant be out of money.

Gayle in MD
05-28-2011, 12:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We DO have a Revenue problem, which has contributed greatly to all of our other problems. </div></div>We have an even bigger spending/expenditure problem. I say we act intelligently and fix the real problem, spending, and then work on revenue.

eg8r </div></div>

If Bush and the Repiglicans hadn't created the worst debts in our history, borrowing more money than all previous administrations, combined, we'd never have ended up with a problem, of any kind. We were in good shape, before Repiglicans owned both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue.

Cutting taxes, during wartime, is insanity.

Hiding war costs, in emergency finding, is sneaky.

Invading a country, that was no immediate threat, and had never attacked the United States on our shores, or even had the means to do so, was pure insanity.

Multi billion dollar subsidies, for corporations that are making and breaking profit records worldwide, and have been doing so for years and years, is pure insanity.

Launching an over a trillion dollar, prescription drug program, with no thought about how to pay for it, was insanity.

The debt ditch, was dug by the right, and the bulk of our debts, plus interest, are still from Bush and the Repiglican Blank check congress.

The banks, and the automobile industry, are paying back their debts. We'll be paying for those poor soldiers whose lives were destroyed in Iraq, forever.

The oil Industry, is making record breaking... worldwide record breaking profits, higher than anything in history, and Repiglicans are giving them subsidies, AND tax cuts, while they pollute the world, and make more people ill with their filth.

Republicans want to give more, more more, to all those who are already getting more more more, and leave the tab for the Middle Class, the old, the poor, the hungry, and the ill, all victims of the corporate fascist pigs, who Repiglicans have been giving away trillions to, for over a decade.

G.

pooltchr
05-28-2011, 01:51 PM
And yet you continue to ignore the fact that Obama has been digging us even deeper, and at a quicker rate than Bush.

Until you can admit that fact, nothing you say on the subject means a thing.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-28-2011, 01:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And yet you continue to ignore the fact that Obama has been digging us even deeper, and at a quicker rate than Bush.

Until you can admit that fact, nothing you say on the subject means a thing.

Steve </div></div>

You're the one with the denial of facts..for the entire eight years he was driving us into the ditch, Bubba.

There is no way out of a deep recession, without spending to stimuate the economy.

Drop the bull.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

pooltchr
05-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Fool

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-28-2011, 02:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fool

Steve </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Enter George W. Bush and the now-infamous tax cuts of 2001 and 2003. Actually professing to worry that eliminating the national debt too quickly would throw markets into turmoil, Republicans again promised lower taxes, higher revenue and boom times.

Again, they were virtually unanimous, voting to cut marginal income tax rates mainly on the wealthy by 224-1 in the House and 48-3 in the Senate.

Two wars and a large entitlement increase (Medicare, Part D) later, no boom took place. At its peak in 2007, the Bush economy had produced roughly 8 million jobs (7 million of which vanished in the 2007-09 financial crisis).Budget deficits soared, topping out with the $1.3 trillion FY2009 shortfall President Obama inherited that January.

Somewhat to their credit, when pressed none of Bush's top-level Treasury people endorsed the supply-side delusion. Aggravated by GOP Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's recent invocations of the old-time religion, recovering Republican economist Bruce Bartlett compiled quotes from Bush administration officials debunking the idea.

"Will the tax cuts pay for themselves?" Edward Lazear, chairman of Bush's Council of Economic Advisors told a Senate committee in 2006. "As a general rule, we do not think tax cuts pay for themselves. Certainly, the data presented above do not support this claim."

Lazear's predecessor, Harvard's Greg Mankiw, has written scholarly articles arguing that the economic boost from tax cuts amounts to roughly 30 percent of government revenue forgone.

In direct consequence, the national debt almost doubled under George W. Bush, from roughly $5 trillion in 2001 to more than $10 trillion in 2009.

Also in consequence, every Republican leader now posing as a hard-line fiscal conservative -- Speaker John Boehner, Rep. Eric Cantor, Rep. Paul Ryan, and Sen. McConnell -- voted to increase the national debt limit at least seven times under President Bush. All of them, every time.

Ironically, of the present players, only Barack Obama made what he now calls a protest vote against raising the debt limit in 2006.

Under a Democratic president, GOP supply-siders are mad keen to give the wheel another spin. Republican House members voted 235-4 for Rep. Ryan's preposterous fantasy of balancing the budget by cutting millionaires' taxes by $1 trillion and downgrading Medicare to a cheaper voucher system.

So now the same posers vow to risk the "full faith and credit" of the U.S. Treasury during a fragile economic recovery unless President Obama agrees to deep cuts in the nation's social safety net. A mature electorate would have wised up by now. </span> </div></div>

You are, and have been all along, the FOOL! Knew that all along, particularly when you wrote.....

"The deficits don't matter"

While your boy Bush was driving the country into a ditch!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Qtec
05-29-2011, 01:15 AM
link (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/04/18/968102/-Secessionist-Governor-Perry-Demands-Disaster-Relief-For-Texas-Wildfires-From-Obama?detail=hide)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh the irony. Not so long ago Governor and Presidential hopeful Rick Perry was all ready for Texas to secede from the Union because of the Obama's out of control spending.

... Texas Governor Rick Perry has requested a Major Disaster Declaration for the entire state, as brush fires which have burned more than 1.5 million acres continued on Monday.

The fires have been whipped by 60-mile-an-hour wind gusts and fueled by brush dried out by record low humidity.

"Texas is reaching its capacity to respond to these emergencies and is in need of federal assistance," Perry said in a statement on Monday.

"I urge President (Barack) Obama to approve our request quickly so Texans can continue receiving the resources and support they need as wildfires remain an ongoing threat."

<u>Funny how these Tea Party hypocrites and demagogues change their tune whenever it suits them. "To hell with the Union" they declare. "We don't need your stinking stimulus money nor your socialized "pensions" and health care."</u> </div></div>

Walk the walk.

Q

Sid_Vicious
05-29-2011, 02:17 AM
"Gross ignorance." sid

Gayle in MD
05-29-2011, 08:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Gross ignorance." sid </div></div>

Exactly!

"He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool."

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

pooltchr
05-29-2011, 08:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Gross ignorance." sid </div></div>

Exactly right, Sid. And there seems to be entirely too much of it on this forum, a large majority if it eminating from the suburban DC area, as well as from other countries!

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-29-2011, 08:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> link (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/04/18/968102/-Secessionist-Governor-Perry-Demands-Disaster-Relief-For-Texas-Wildfires-From-Obama?detail=hide)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh the irony. Not so long ago Governor and Presidential hopeful Rick Perry was all ready for Texas to secede from the Union because of the Obama's out of control spending.

... Texas Governor Rick Perry has requested a Major Disaster Declaration for the entire state, as brush fires which have burned more than 1.5 million acres continued on Monday.

The fires have been whipped by 60-mile-an-hour wind gusts and fueled by brush dried out by record low humidity.

"Texas is reaching its capacity to respond to these emergencies and is in need of federal assistance," Perry said in a statement on Monday.

"I urge President (Barack) Obama to approve our request quickly so Texans can continue receiving the resources and support they need as wildfires remain an ongoing threat."

<u>Funny how these Tea Party hypocrites and demagogues change their tune whenever it suits them. "To hell with the Union" they declare. "We don't need your stinking stimulus money nor your socialized "pensions" and health care."</u> </div></div>

Walk the walk.

Q

</div></div>

All of these flyover Deficit Hawks, were silent the whole time Bush and Republicans allowed the critical debt situation to grow into national disaster, and that happened before the crash.

It's amusing, in one breath, they're screaming they want government out of their lives, while at the same time, their criticising government, for not getting the money they want to them fast enough, when their flyover states have their hands out for government money, AND trying to use Government, to help them to invade the freedom, and privacy of other people's rights, and seeking to dictate to everyone, according to their religious misogynistic ideals.

I'd like to know how many of these RW deficit hawks, would be standing in soup lines right now, if our Government, had stood back and just let everythig collapse. They are too stupid to realize that we would have had an exploded economy, without TARP, and without the Stimulus.

Typical RW Baby Boomers. RW social engineering is fine with them. Are they too dumb to see their own endless contradictions?

They want their cake, and eat it too. They don't call it the ME generation, for nothing!

These are the same Rah Rah War, jerks, that made it possible for George Bush to destroy this country, with his non stop lies, spending and law breaking.

g.

Gayle in MD
05-29-2011, 08:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Gross ignorance." sid </div></div>

Exactly right, Sid. And there seems to be entirely too much of it on this forum, a large majority if it eminating from the suburban DC area, as well as from other countries!

Steve </div></div>

He's talking about YOU, nitwit.

pooltchr
05-29-2011, 09:30 AM
And once again, girlie, you prove that even though you claim to have me on ignore....you don't have me on ignore.

Steve

Sid_Vicious
05-29-2011, 12:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> link (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/04/18/968102/-Secessionist-Governor-Perry-Demands-Disaster-Relief-For-Texas-Wildfires-From-Obama?detail=hide)

Walk the walk.

Q

</div></div>

All of these flyover Deficit Hawks, were silent the whole time Bush and Republicans allowed the critical debt situation to grow into national disaster, and that happened before the crash.

It's amusing, in one breath, they're screaming they want government out of their lives, while at the same time, their criticising government, for not getting the money they want to them fast enough, when their flyover states have their hands out for government money, AND trying to use Government, to help them to invade the freedom, and privacy of other people's rights, and seeking to dictate to everyone, according to their religious misogynistic ideals.

I'd like to know how many of these RW deficit hawks, would be standing in soup lines right now, if our Government, had stood back and just let everythig collapse. They are too stupid to realize that we would have had an exploded economy, without TARP, and without the Stimulus.

Typical RW Baby Boomers. RW social engineering is fine with them. Are they too dumb to see their own endless contradictions?

They want their cake, and eat it too. They don't call it the ME generation, for nothing!

These are the same Rah Rah War, jerks, that made it possible for George Bush to destroy this country, with his non stop lies, spending and law breaking.

g. </div></div>

Maybe this statement, "These are the same Rah Rah War, jerks, that made it possible for George Bush to destroy this country, with his non stop lies, spending and law breaking", should be every intelligent person's tag line. George Walker Bush was the worst thing to ever happen to this country, and the saddest fact is..."lots of Good 'Ol southern boys still back the azzhole even today!" It's nuts in the worst degree. sid

pooltchr
05-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Sid,
Since all the problems this country has were caused by Bush, in 8 short years, then our future must be absolutely rosey, now that he will never again be in that position.

So I have to wonder why so many people in this country do not believe that the country is heading in the right direction. After all, according to you and Gee and friends, as long as Bush is history, we really should be flying high.

Is it possible that Obama is moving us in the wrong direction, but so many of you are so obsessed with an ex president that you can't/won't even see it?

You guys are living in the past, ignoring the present, and selling out the future.

Wake up!

Steve

eg8r
05-29-2011, 07:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Bush and the Repiglicans hadn't created the worst debts in our history, borrowing more money than all previous administrations, combined, we'd never have ended up with a problem, of any kind. We were in good shape, before Repiglicans owned both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue.
</div></div>Blah blah blah. Do you care to post about the subject.

Common sense will tell you that you cut spending to get debt under control.

eg8r

Qtec
05-31-2011, 12:10 AM
It wasn't G that changed the subject but yes. Lets get back to the topic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Eric Cantor Doubles Down On Using Disaster Victims As Hostages To Spending Cuts</span>:

Last week Alan mentioned how Eric Cantor is denying emergency disaster relief funds to tornado victims in Joplin, MO unless they are first paid for with politically-motivated spending cuts. Today on CBS’ Face the Nation Cantor doubled down on using the tornado victims as political hostages for spending cuts to clean energy. He compared the situation to that of a family facing an unexpected expenditure.

"Because families don’t have unlimited money,” Cantor said. “And, really, neither does the federal government."

I could go into all of the different macroeconomic reasons why comparing the budget of the United States federal government to that of a typical American family is <u>one of the most moronic and ignorant analogies ever made,</u> but that is an argument for another day. The much larger issue with Cantor’s comments are the disdain and callousness he is showing towards the Joplin victims, his vile political opportunism, and worst of all, his unbearable hypocrisy. Read on...

As Murshed already pointed out here last week, the one word that immediately comes to mind for this -- heartless. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>While they were mourning their dead in Joplin today, Cantor's on the television still hostage taking before allowing them some help.</span> <span style='font-size: 17pt'><u><span style="color: #990000">I'm not sure how much more that party has to do to prove that they hate the working class in America,</u> but they seem determined to make sure everyone knows it with this callousness.</span></span> </div></div>

First they held the 911 first responders hostage.
Then they said they would deny the bottom 90% of earners a tax break if the Bush tax cuts were not extended to the richest Americans.
Remember they threatened to shut down Govt?

They want to allow the US to default by not raising the debt ceiling....and now this. Holding relief for the Joplin victims hostage just to score petty political points.

Q

Gayle in MD
05-31-2011, 05:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> link (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/04/18/968102/-Secessionist-Governor-Perry-Demands-Disaster-Relief-For-Texas-Wildfires-From-Obama?detail=hide)

Walk the walk.

Q

</div></div>

g. </div></div>

Maybe this statement, "These are the same Rah Rah War, jerks, that made it possible for George Bush to destroy this country, with his non stop lies, spending and law breaking", should be every intelligent person's tag line. George Walker Bush was the worst thing to ever happen to this country, and the saddest fact is..."lots of Good 'Ol southern boys still back the azzhole even today!" It's nuts in the worst degree. sid
</div></div>

Absolutely!!! AND, their ignorance has expanded since, as evidenced by their irrational expectations that our worst economic mess, threatening to be worse than the Great Depression, could be reversed in one presidential term, actually, less than that, since while they have been bashing this president since before he even took office, they then have tried to lay the lions share of Bush's humongous deficits, at Obama's feet, as they obstructed everything we needed to do to restore America's formerly health economy, which still suffers from Repiglican Social Engineering, with their absurd tax structure, and tax cuts of which the lion's share go to the top wealthiest in the country, which they deceitfully call, the Job Creators!!!!

BWA HA HA HA HA!

How damned ignorant can they be.

G.

Gayle in MD
05-31-2011, 05:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Bush and the Repiglicans hadn't created the worst debts in our history, borrowing more money than all previous administrations, combined, we'd never have ended up with a problem, of any kind. We were in good shape, before Repiglicans owned both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue.
</div></div>Blah blah blah. Do you care to post about the subject.

Common sense will tell you that you cut spending to get debt under control.

eg8r </div></div>

Common ssense tells you that cutting spending, when we should be investing, is irrational.

That is exactly my point, Sherlock.

The colossal debts, were created under Bush, and followed by an economic crash, which couldn't have happened, without Repiglican GREENSPAN, who destroyed Brooksley Born, who was trying to prevent the crash, that she saw coming from policies ignored by Bush et al, as they were burrying us in debt, unable to effectively handle any emergency, well, including the crash, which Born saw coming way back in the late nineties!!!

Cutting taxes during war time, unprecedented!

Unprecedented borrowing.

Subscribing to trickle down, a proven failure.

The irratiionally low interest rates, Created by Repiglican GREENSPAN, to promote Bush's "Ownership Society" flamed the R.E. Bubble, the same irrational exuberance in the markets, which GREENSPAN referred to himself, which grew into the crash.

Repiglicans sucking up to thhe banks, the Health Inusrance Industry, the big pharma, and big oil, which has taken wealth from Americans for decades, more and more, as time went on.

Blaming the community Reinvestment ACT, and Fannie and Freddie, when only twenty percent of the foreclosures, were connected to CRA.

Being stupid enough to think that corporations could be trusted to regulate themselves!!!! DUMB DUMB DUMB!

Gee, Greenspan said he didn't think the banks would be dumb enough, or greedy enough, to put themselves at greater risk, with the kind of fraud they committed, and he didn't care about fraud in the markets?

Open your eyes!!! Repiglican economic policies, unprecedented spending and borrowing for years, pushing more and more money to war profiteers and the Grand Oil CROOKS, forbidding any attempt to lower pharma costs, HC costs, Oil costs, this is what you get.

Then, the right has the gall to whine about it, and the ignorance to blame the guy who inherited all of it!!!! Economists said, the worst legacy in history, since Roosevelt took office!

And who do the repiglicans go after????

Unions, teachers, education spending, the ill, the poor, Repiglicans ARE PIGS!!!!

G.

Gayle in MD
05-31-2011, 05:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It wasn't G that changed the subject but yes. Lets get back to the topic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Eric Cantor Doubles Down On Using Disaster Victims As Hostages To Spending Cuts</span>:

Last week Alan mentioned how Eric Cantor is denying emergency disaster relief funds to tornado victims in Joplin, MO unless they are first paid for with politically-motivated spending cuts. Today on CBS’ Face the Nation Cantor doubled down on using the tornado victims as political hostages for spending cuts to clean energy. He compared the situation to that of a family facing an unexpected expenditure.

"Because families don’t have unlimited money,” Cantor said. “And, really, neither does the federal government."

I could go into all of the different macroeconomic reasons why comparing the budget of the United States federal government to that of a typical American family is <u>one of the most moronic and ignorant analogies ever made,</u> but that is an argument for another day. The much larger issue with Cantor’s comments are the disdain and callousness he is showing towards the Joplin victims, his vile political opportunism, and worst of all, his unbearable hypocrisy. Read on...

As Murshed already pointed out here last week, the one word that immediately comes to mind for this -- heartless. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>While they were mourning their dead in Joplin today, Cantor's on the television still hostage taking before allowing them some help.</span> <span style='font-size: 17pt'><u><span style="color: #990000">I'm not sure how much more that party has to do to prove that they hate the working class in America,</u> but they seem determined to make sure everyone knows it with this callousness.</span></span> </div></div>

Then they said they would deny the bottom 90% of earners a tax break if the Bush tax cuts were not extended to the richest Americans.

They want to allow the US to default by not raising the debt ceiling....and now this. Holding relief for the Joplin victims hostage just to score petty political points.

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> While they were mourning their dead in Joplin today, Cantor's on the television still hostage taking before allowing them some help. I'm not sure how much more that party has to do to prove that they hate the working class in America, but they seem determined to make sure everyone knows it with this callousness.

</div></div>

Repiglicans have no conscience!!! Hypocrites extraordinaire!

G.

Gayle in MD
05-31-2011, 05:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It wasn't G that changed the subject but yes. Lets get back to the topic.

Q </div></div>

Repiglicans have no conscience!!! Hypocrites extraordinaire!

G.

eg8r
05-31-2011, 08:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Common ssense tells you that cutting spending, when we should be investing, is irrational.
</div></div>So it is the common sense part you don't understand?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-31-2011, 09:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Common ssense tells you that cutting spending, when we should be investing, is irrational.

eg8r </div></div>
It is the common sense part, of everything, that you miss, when it comes to the destruction to our country, from Repiglican Policies.

Watch what happens when the hurricane season comes into full force, this year.

Then ask yourself, who you want to listen to, The most respected Scientists in the world, or the Grand Oil Party, and the scientists paid for by Repiglicans, and the kock brothers.

I'm convinced, that until you take an interest in Science, there is no hope for you ever being able to accept what is going on.

Have you ever seen The shock Doctrine ?

Ever Watched "Gasland"?

Ever studied global Scientific studies on global warming?

Why do you think the Bush Administration, censored the studies, that WE pay for, on global warming?

Back to the subject, Cantor. He's trying to hold aide for those Americans, who lost everything, hostage to other cuts, that more than likely, will hurt others who are in need.

Fair? Not Fair? American? Un-American?

Suppose no Federal money had ever been sent to deal with the oil in the Gulf?

Think those beaches in Fla., would have had any protection from Big Oil, out of the kindness of their hearts?

G.

pooltchr
05-31-2011, 11:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Common ssense tells you that cutting spending, when we should be investing, is irrational.

eg8r </div></div>

Why would you expect common sense from anyone who still hasn't figured out that taking money out of the economy in the form or taxes, or borrowing money, or just printing it, to create a slush fund that funnels money to the unions and the democrat party, does not help the economy grow, and is therefore no stumulus to the economy at all?

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-01-2011, 09:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> or borrowing money, or just printing it, to create a slush fund that funnels money to defense contractors, the oil industry, the pharma industry, the coal industry, the financial indsustry, etc., etc., etc., exactly what Bush and the Repiglican blank check congress did for six years!!!!</div></div>

Fool!

pooltchr
06-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Let's use your favorite state to hate as an example.

Fully 80% of the stimulus money that went to WI ended up going to union organizations. It did not go to corporations. Same is true in most states. The states took the money and spent it on state union jobs.

Do you ever actually bother to research anything before you spout of like an idiot?????????

Steve