PDA

View Full Version : PawlentyRepig Hpocrite, Used Stimulus &Bashed It

Gayle in MD
05-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Pawlenty derides stimulus program
But presidential hopeful used aidBy Shira Schoenberg
Globe Correspondent / May 27, 2011

MILFORD, N.H. — In his first foray into New Hampshire since becoming an official candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty yesterday denounced the federal stimulus program, even though under his leadership his state benefited from billions of dollars of the aid.</span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Pawlenty met with reporters and the public and toured Cirtronics, an electronics manufacturing company that indirectly received $935,000 in federal stimulus money.</span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Asked about the stimulus, Pawlenty acknowledged that many governments and businesses used the money. “The real question is did it work,’’ Pawlenty said. “We had an economy that has not recovered substantially. We’ve got people who are experiencing unbearable levels of unemployment.

“It’s maybe had a little temporary effect,’’ Pawlenty said. “But it comes with big negative consequences down the road. It sets a really bad precedent.’’</span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Pawlenty, like other Republican candidates, has often derided the stimulus — a $787 billion package of federal grants, benefits, and tax breaks signed by President Obama in 2009. Pawlenty has called it “reckless,’’ “irresponsible,’’ and ineffective at creating new private sector jobs. But he has also used the money.</span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>In Minnesota, where Pawlenty was governor until January, the state used $2.3 billion in federal stimulus money to balance its budget during the two-year budget cycle ending this June. The state received a total of $5.9 billion, including funding for programs, unemployment benefits, and medical assistance, according to the Minnesota Management and Budget Office.</span>

Pawlenty defended the use of the money, saying Minnesota gets only 72 cents for every $1 paid in taxes. “Anyone who says we’re not paying our fair share, or somehow President Obama bailed us out, what you have to look for is we’re actually subsidizing the rest of the country,’’ Pawlenty said.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Cirtronics — a popular campaign stop in Milford and a company whose president has donated to Republican candidates — received the stimulus money indirectly. It subcontracted for two organizations — Morpho Detection and Reveal Imaging Technologies — that received money from the Department of Homeland Security to develop bomb and drug detection technology for use in airports and buildings.</span>A New Hampshire Democratic Party spokeswoman, Holly Shulman, criticized Pawlenty for opposing the stimulus. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>“This is just one out-of-touch position of many that Tim Pawlenty holds,’’ she said. “The Recovery Act’s successes are evident across the Granite State and have touched many New Hampshire families.’’</span>
Speaking to about 300 people at Cirtronics, Pawlenty did not mention the stimulus but focused on a theme he has stressed since he announced his campaign Monday: speaking truth to power. He said government spends too much and must embrace difficult solutions: ending ethanol subsidies, raising the Social Security retirement age, refusing to bail out failing corporations, and turning Medicaid into a block grant program to states.

Pawlenty had a few staunch supporters at the event, but many attendees said they were keeping their options open. Nancy Guidice, 49, of Nashua, who works in human resources training, worries that none of the candidates are viable. She said of Pawlenty, “I’m concerned he won’t be able to beat President Obama.’’ Pawlenty returns to New Hampshire for a June 13 debate. His wife, Mary Pawlenty, will visit June 20.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2011/05/27/pawlenty_derides_stimulus_program/

Another hypocritical Reppiglicans, who grabbed that stimulus money and then bashed the President, for helping his state.

Hypocristy Personafied!!!

eg8r
05-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Kind of like you admonish tax cuts but then take advantage every year?

eg8r

pooltchr
05-28-2011, 11:38 AM
But that's ok...she's a Democrat!

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-28-2011, 11:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kind of like you admonish tax cuts but then take advantage every year?

eg8r </div></div>

I've already address that accusation, Ed.

It has no rational comparison to corporations getting subsidies,IOW&lt; our tax dollars, while they are making record profits, and breaking all time world records, compliments of the Grand Oil party.

As I told you before, I pay what I am supposed to pay.

I get no subsidies, and I take pride in paying what I owe.

Unlike the right, I am happy to pay my part, to live in the best country in the world.

You're the one dependent upon government dollars, not me. I don't sell anything, to the Federal Government.

So stuff it!

G.

Gayle in MD
05-28-2011, 12:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But that's ok...she's a Democrat!

Steve </div></div>

I'd rather be a democrat, than a Bubba! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
05-28-2011, 12:03 PM
The government has a law that you can claim tax deductions, and you have no problem accepting those deductions granted to you.

The government has a law that supports businesses by offering tax breaks or subsidies, and you hate them for it.

The government passes a law that sends money to states, and you hate them for taking it.

As you love to point out, the majority rules. And the majority elected idiots that decided to blow a trillion dollars. Just because you think that decision was foolish, doesn't mean you shouldn't take advantage of it....just as whether you think that the tax laws are totally screwed up or not, doesn't determine if you will take advantage of those laws.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-28-2011, 12:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The government has a law that you can claim tax deductions, and you have no problem accepting those deductions granted to you.

The government has a law that supports businesses by offering tax breaks or subsidies, and you hate them for it.

The government passes a law that sends money to states, and you hate them for taking it.

As you love to point out, the majority rules. And the majority elected idiots that decided to blow a trillion dollars. Just because you think that decision was foolish, doesn't mean you shouldn't take advantage of it....just as whether you think that the tax laws are totally screwed up or not, doesn't determine if you will take advantage of those laws.

Steve </div></div>

Bush is responsible for our recession.

Bush is the one, with the help of the Repiglican bank check congress, who drove this country into a debt hole, trillions upon trillions.

Bush is the one who had among the lowest job apporval numbers in history, when he left office.

Bush is the one who historians have labeled as one of the worst presidents in history.

I don't hate my government, don't get me mixed up with southern Bubbas, and Tea Party Flyovers.

They're the ones yapping all that hatred for their government, not me. I'm against the same corporations who are polluting our environment, making people sick, along with a corrupt health Insurance industry of monopolies, gouging the hell out of people when they GET sick, and dropping them, and the Bog Pharma, gouging the hell out of all of us, when we have the highest costs for prescription drugs in the world, and a Repiglican Conress, protecting the abusesrs to the common good.

My grandfather, was assistant deputy to the Director of the IRS. Two of my uncles, worked there as well.

In my family, paying ones taxes, has always been seen as an honor and a form of patriotism.

Any other accusations, you can stuff where the sun don't shine, for all I care....

Bubba...

pooltchr
05-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Why is it impossible for you to address my comment? Why must you go into one of your silly little Bush rants?

Are you incapable of actually answering a simple post?

Girlie

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-28-2011, 02:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is it impossible for you to address my comment? Why must you go into one of your silly little Bush rants?

Girlie

Steve </div></div>

Are you incapable of addressing what has been posted, without immediately launching into another of your personal ranting and lying insults???

I realize that to a rightie, anything that does not confirm their irrations views, is taken as a personal affront, and that's the way it's always been around here. but I have no obligation to respond, particularly to Bubbas.

I don't waste my time on your irrational analogies. I find you too ignorant to take seriously, which is why I keep your BS on ignore the vast amount of time.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Neither you, nor Ed, can deal with factual bad informatiton about any Repiglican, so when the information is right there in front of you, you both either launch personal attacks, or you twist it around and try to change the entire subject of the thread.

That's exactly why I keep you both on ignore, ninety-eight percent of my time on here.

G.

Gayle in MD
05-28-2011, 02:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kind of like you admonish tax cuts but then take advantage every year?

eg8r </div></div>
No comment on the subject of the thread? Only interested in making a personal attack?

Then go elsewhere.

This is exactly what the M.O. of the righties on this forum has been the whole time I've posted here.

Hence, in the future, if you can't add anything pertinent to the thread, and you aren't going to make any effort to post your opinion, about the guts of the thread, nor any proof that the information is which is the subject of the thread, is false, do feel free to stay out of the discussion all together, ED.

I had noticed an improvment in your posting style, but you're right back to your former snarky comments.

G.

Gayle in MD
05-28-2011, 02:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is it impossible for you to address my comment? Why must you go into one of your silly little Bush rants?

Girlie

Steve </div></div>

Why is it impossible for you to stick to the subject of the thread?

FYI, the subject of this thread, is Pawlenty, and the stimulus, which he trashed, after taking what he wanted from it.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

You're just another cheap internet bully, who lives to troll behind people who have differeing views, and insult them.

Do you really think that is a rational, adult way to handle yourself.

This is why I keep your sorry *** on ignore.

Good Bye, Bubba!

G.

pooltchr
05-28-2011, 02:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

G. </div></div>

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...that would explain why you have been posting non stop to me all day!

You're a sorry excuse for a human being.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-28-2011, 02:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

G. </div></div>

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...that would explain why you have been posting non stop to me all day!

You're a sorry excuse for a human being.

Steve </div></div>

Yep, I decided I'd take you down a few racks, this week, since it's been a while since I bothered to blow away any of your ignorant thread titles, or shine a bright light on your humongous hypocrisy, and lack of knowledge.

But I'm already bored with you. You show up your own ignorance, quite well, all by yourself.

Ba Bye, Bubba!

pooltchr
05-28-2011, 04:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[
Yep, I decided I'd take you down a few racks, this week, </div></div>

Sorry that didn't work out for you.

Steve

eg8r
05-29-2011, 07:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No comment on the subject of the thread? Only interested in making a personal attack?

</div></div>My posting style hasn't changed. There are many many posts where I make a comment about a subject and you respond with a post about me or about righties. If you would like I will copy/paste them here for you.

I am not going to sit back and watch you attack someone else for behaving the same way you do. It just is not right.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-31-2011, 08:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No comment on the subject of the thread? Only interested in making a personal attack?

</div></div>My posting style hasn't changed. There are many many posts where I make a comment about a subject and you respond with a post about me or about righties. If you would like I will copy/paste them here for you.

I am not going to sit back and watch you attack someone else for behaving the same way you do. It just is not right.

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No comment on the subject of the thread? Only interested in making a personal attack?

</div></div>