PDA

View Full Version : Hey Barbara

SpiderMan
09-14-2002, 05:10 PM
I like your pecan snacks. I traded SPetty a ferrule and tip replacement on her break cue for a double handfull of them.

Maybe if it's TEOTWAWKI they could be bartered right along with canned goods and ammunition.

SpiderMan

Barbara
09-14-2002, 05:36 PM
Okay Spidey, what does TEOTWAWKI stand for? I have no clue. A double handful?? Both your hands or just one? Does SPetty have any left??

And what about this canned goods and ammuition? What do I need those for? I have the nuts!!

Barbara~~~counting 3 addicts.... heh heh heh...

Tom_In_Cincy
09-14-2002, 06:11 PM
The End of the World as we know it

I had to look it up too.. Barbara..

SpiderMan
09-14-2002, 06:17 PM
Actually, she said she gave me about 25% of what she had.

It's an acro used by survivalists. Breakdown of infrastructure, collapse of law and order, return to feudalism, "Mad Max" scenarios - "The End Of The World As We Know It". Not as commonly-used now as it was during the height of the compugeeks' makework Y2K-sky-is-falling hoax.

SpiderMan

Vagabond
09-14-2002, 06:23 PM
Yesterday I bought Pralines from the store and I liked them.
Vagabond

Rod
09-14-2002, 06:28 PM
Spidey,
There was a little community that developed north of here during that time. It was on TV and the showed all the stuff they stockpiled. Dring water, canned goods, toilet paper etc. There probably still wiping their butt's with that stuff!

TomBrooklyn
09-14-2002, 06:33 PM
It sound to me like he valued your pecans at around $70.00 per pound.

Thats equal to about 10 ounces of silver or about 200 rounds of bulk ammo.

=TB

Barbara
09-14-2002, 08:44 PM
Or, it's a Talking Heads song!! HA! Now I know the acronym!! Muchas gracias!!!

I might have to send some more down to SPetty. Ah, now since I have implanted her as an agent...

Barbara~~~just munch a pecan Spidey ...Agent 38... just munch a pecan Agent 38...

MikeM
09-15-2002, 05:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> Or, it's a Talking Heads song<hr></blockquote>

Actually Barb it's REM...now what is your next order, supreme leader?!?

MM

09-15-2002, 09:58 AM
Supreme Leader? Not of this board. The female Supreme Leader of this forum is Her Royal Highness, Her Ultimate Eminence, the Etherially Elegant Fran.

Barbara is a Senior Princess in the Royal Court.

However, 3 more posts on the "going away" thread, unless matched on the "adult posts" thread, and bluewolf will snatch the throne in one of the most startling and improbable pool world takeovers that could ever have been imagined.

-A Loyal Subject To The Crown,
-Skinny

Barbara
09-15-2002, 10:06 AM
SlimJim,

Do I know you??

Barbara

MikeM
09-15-2002, 10:47 AM
Until Fran starts sending me magic pecans, I am sworn to follow Madame Barbara!!

MM...they will be great for the ensuing 11 hours of football!!

SpiderMan
09-15-2002, 07:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> Spidey,
There was a little community that developed north of here during that time. It was on TV and the showed all the stuff they stockpiled. Dring water, canned goods, toilet paper etc. There probably still wiping their butt's with that stuff! <hr></blockquote>

They're not wiping, they're still trying to extrude. All blocked up from eating a 5-year supply of nitrogen-packed dry wheat.

A bunch of us, including our company's IT manager, were sitting around the lodge on a ski trip back in March of 1999. Of course the subject got around to the Y2K issue. I asked him if he thought it would result in serious civil consequences, and he said the thought it might. I asked him if he had stockpiled food, and he said that he had. I asked him if he had stockpiled guns and ammo, and he said no. So, I didn't feel a need to stockpile food since I knew where he lived /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

SpiderMan

Sid_Vicious
09-15-2002, 08:53 PM
And if I REALLY needed an extra 15 round clip I'd know who's door to knock in ;-0 sid