PDA

View Full Version : Boortz laying it out there...

eg8r
06-01-2011, 11:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here’s a link (http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/small-beautiful_571631.html) to an article by David Smick in The Weekly Standard. Smick is the editor of International Economy magazine. In this article Smick suggests that the GOP might want to spend a bit more time thinking about small startup businesses out there and concentrate a bit less on large corporations. Small businesses, after all, are the jobs generators out there.

I particularly liked one paragraph of Smick’s article.

Meanwhile, over in the dark corners, new small businesses are starting up. These firms create the vast majority of net new jobs. Picture a highly unpredictable, boiling cauldron of winners and losers engaged in fierce competition. That’s the definition of a vibrant, job-producing economy. Some of these new firms produce society-transforming technologies. But most provide everyday services, sometimes with specialized niche products ignored by corporate America. Most of these highly risky startups fail, but others spring to life to take their place. The net result is an expansion of the job base.

I wanted you to read this paragraph because you need to know that the people who are behind the small businesses Smick writes about are exactly the same people Obama and the Democrats are targeting with tax increases. The Obama line is that these people are the “Millionaires and Billionaires” who must be taxed at ever-higher levels (some Democrats are pushing for 62%) to balance our budget. So if you think that the money that is currently in the hands of these entrepreneurs, money that they will use to create these small businesses and the jobs that come with them, would be better off in the hands of politicians who will most assuredly spend the funds to buy votes – if that’s the way you think, then there ought to be an Obama bumper sticker (the universally recognized symbol of stupidity /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif ) on your car.
</div></div>Small business is where new jobs are at in this country and it would be nice to see both sides of the aisle do a LOT more to protect them.

eg8r

pooltchr
06-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Boortz can be quite obnoxious at times, but he usually hits the nail on the head. I do enjoy his show whenever I get a chance to listen.

Steve

LWW
06-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Boortz is a leftist's worst nightmare.

eg8r
06-01-2011, 02:21 PM
I like to read Nealz Nuze. He usually sums up his show into a few different articles.

eg8r

Sev
06-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Boortz is the bomb.

Soflasnapper
06-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Most small businesses, and I mean at 98%+ levels, do not exceed the 'rich' net profit threshhold.

If one can net out a 30% margin, you're doing very well in business. At that marginal profit rate, even a business doing a $750,000 annual gross (~$15,000 a week) doesn't cross over into the high income rate level.

Sev
06-02-2011, 04:44 PM
That is all dependent on how low they want to lower the bar.