PDA

View Full Version : Why the left hate Sarah Palin

pooltchr
06-01-2011, 01:23 PM
http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/06/why_the_elites_hate_sarah_pal

Why The Elites Hate Sarah Palin
By Nancy Morgan

The media is in a frenzy and elite pundits are all atwitter. Why? Because Sarah Palin refuses to let them define her. As Palin puts it, "I don't owe the media anything."

The political and media elites on both left and right are rising up in anger at former Governor Sarah Palin. Stories abound, all negative, about this American citizen whose message resonates with ordinary citizens yet doesn't conform to the current political and media template.

By all rights, Palin should be kowtowing to the media. Doesn't she know that? Instead, this upstart dares to ignore the unwritten rules governing political behavior. Palin is playing by her own rules and that just isn't done.

In the elite world of the old media, any contender for public office must give due deference to the unwritten and ever-changing rules of political correctness. The sacred cows of diversity, multiculturalism and social justice cannot be ignored. And the media is the only one allowed to define the issues. (Thereby winning the debate by default)

But Sarah Palin has her own agenda. And whatever her agenda is, it most certainly doesn't fit into the template the media and political elites have insisted upon. This is not only unacceptable, it is downright dangerous.

When Palin resigned as Governor of Alaska, the media immediately defined her decision as a failure to fulfill the obligations of her office. That was only explanation the media allowed the American public to consider. Palin, seeing the writing on the wall after months of negative and scurrilous attacks by the media, rightly deduced that her remaining time in office would be spent countering frivolous legal and media attacks instead of governing. So she quit.

Palin understood that while in public office, one is constrained by politics and media. One must play by certain unwritten rules, rules that would have deliberately silenced or distorted her message. She rightly deduced that she was in a lose-lose situation. She exited the political arena. She refused to play the game, knowing the deck was stacked against her. I call her decision courageous and I applaud her.

Conservative columnist and author Ben Shapiro sums it up best:

"Television made Barack Obama. Television it supported bigger and bigger government, from Welfare to health care; pushed abortion-on-demand and the radical gay agenda into the mainstream; it stumped against war and for meaningless buzzwords like diversity and dangerous buzzwords like multiculturalism. Television has done more to change the politics of our nation than simple politics has."

Sarah Palin realizes this. The media is not on her side. And she rightly refuses to give them the ability to define her. She is more than capable of defining herself, through her own words and actions. She has the courage of her convictions and, thanks to social media, the ability to convey them, unfiltered by a hostile press. No wonder the press hates her.

The media, like me, has no idea what Sarah Palin's agenda is. Lacking concrete facts, the media automatically assumes her motives include gaining political power. They have completely overlooked the fact that Palin already has more than enough influence and political power to participate in (and possibly prevail) in our national debate. That this influence is not subject to constraints from either politician or the media is unprecedented. And dangerous.

I believe Palin realizes that real change is almost impossible within the existing political system. It could be argued that right now, Sarah Palin has more ability to influence political outcomes than does the president of the United States. So why should she play by rules that have been set up by those already in power, rules that are designed to keep them in power? Rules that place her at a great dis-advantage.

Palin is like millions of Americans. Americans who are tired of the futile attempts to change the system from within. I believe Palin's goal is the goal of millions - to bring about positive change. And she has found that one does not have to be an elected official in order to do this. She directly threatens the status quo and the good old boy system. If she continues to prevail, she will prove it is possible to be effective working outside the system. And this can not be allowed.

Palin has rightly decided not to kowtow to the media and political elites. Her tactics and message resonate with a large segment of America. The segment that still believes in the greatness of America and the ability of individuals to accomplish the impossible.

Palin proves it is possible to change the system from without. She proves it is possible for one un-elected American to effect real change. Just think what would happen if others decided to follow her example. No wonder the elites hate her.

Steve

eg8r
06-01-2011, 01:41 PM
I wish she would go away to be honest.

eg8r

pooltchr
06-01-2011, 01:55 PM
It's the left leaning MSM that keep her in the spot light.

Steve

hondo
06-01-2011, 02:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's the left leaning MSM that keep her in the spot light.

Steve </div></div>

True. That and goofy people who believe nonsense like this:

"Palin proves it is possible to change the system from without. She proves it is possible for one un-elected American to effect real change. Just think what would happen if others decided to follow her example. No wonder the elites hate her.'

Steve

Yeah, what if other "serious" candidates spoke only in soundbites, cliches, and platitudes, while actually being clueless?
Brave new world, tchr. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

LWW
06-01-2011, 02:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's the left leaning MSM that keep her in the spot light.

Steve </div></div>

True. That and goofy people who believe nonsense like this:

"Palin proves it is possible to change the system from without. She proves it is possible for one un-elected American to effect real change. Just think what would happen if others decided to follow her example. No wonder the elites hate her.'

Steve

Yeah, what if other "serious" candidates spoke only in soundbites, cliches, and platitudes, while actually being clueless?

</div></div>

The entire Obama movement was built on people stupid enough to believe that.

Sev
06-01-2011, 02:45 PM
<span style='font-size: 20pt'><span style="color: #660000">HOPE AND CHANGE!!!!!</span></span>

pooltchr
06-01-2011, 04:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

The whole premise of the article was that she is NOT a candidate. She left her last job because she couldn't accomplish the things she wanted to do as an elected official. I think she is far more effective as a private citizen...she can say what she thinks without having to worry about political consequences.

Steve

LWW
06-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Don't expect the cult of HOPENCHANGE to follow that point.

Their marching orders are that they hate Palin ... they hate Cain ... they hate Gingrich ... they hate Pawlenty ... they hate anyone not approved by the regime and they will never, and I mean EVER, question why they hate them.

Qtec
06-02-2011, 01:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The media is in a frenzy and elite pundits are all atwitter. Why? <u>Because Sarah Palin refuses to let them define her.</u> </div></div>

LOL. Too late.

She is a liar or an ignoramus because she does this all the time.

Example.

link (http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/05/31/232600/the-7-trillion-lie-palin-falsely-claims-debt-has-grown-more-under-obama-than-all-other-presidents-combined/)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The $7 Trillion Lie: Palin Falsely Claims Debt Has Grown More Under Obama Than ‘All Other Presidents Combined’

</div></div>

LWW
06-02-2011, 01:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The media is in a frenzy and elite pundits are all atwitter. Why? <u>Because Sarah Palin refuses to let them define her.</u> </div></div>

LOL. Too late.

Example.

link (http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/05/31/232600/the-7-trillion-lie-palin-falsely-claims-debt-has-grown-more-under-obama-than-all-other-presidents-combined/)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The $7 Trillion Lie: Palin Falsely Claims Debt Has Grown More Under Obama Than ‘All Other Presidents Combined’

</div></div> </div></div>

How easily you are pimped.

CBO projects the Obama deficits to amount to closer to $9T.

OH DEAR! (http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/85237-cbo-estimates-huge-deficits-average-1-trillion-per-year-for-the-next-decade)

Qtec
06-02-2011, 03:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The media is in a frenzy and elite pundits are all atwitter. Why? <u>Because Sarah Palin refuses to let them define her.</u> </div></div>

LOL. Too late.

Example.

</div></div> </div></div>

How easily you are pimped.

CBO projects the Obama deficits to amount to closer to $9T.

OH DEAR! (http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/85237-cbo-estimates-huge-deficits-average-1-trillion-per-year-for-the-next-decade)
</div></div>

...and Bush was going to have a 5 Trillion surplus and pay off the whole nat Debt!

<u>We are talking about NOW </u>because <span style='font-size: 14pt'>that's what the bimbo from Alaska was talking about.</span>

Again,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May 31, 2011 at 11:18 pm

Sarah Palin, in the only interview she’s granted during her “One Nation” bus tour, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>claimed that the U.S. federal debt <span style='font-size: 26pt'>had grown</span> more under Obama than “all those other presidents combined.” </span> </div></div>

Now, I know your Dutch is $hit so how is your English?

Q

LWW
06-02-2011, 03:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://sites.google.com/site/mcguff1/PalinDerangementSyndrome.jpg

Q </div></div>

Soflasnapper
06-02-2011, 12:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://sites.google.com/site/mcguff1/PalinDerangementSyndrome.jpg

Q </div></div> </div></div>

Yes, except for misplacing the tense (had, as in already did, as opposed to WILL, as in the future), and also except for counting projections into Obama's 2-1/2 term (we know she's fond of half-terms, but doesn't a Constitutional amendment prohibit that?), she'd almost be correct.

Ms. Palin is so futuristic that she counts as accomplished the natural gas pipeline project she started, although it hasn't even begun (cf: her nominating convention speech, where she says she got that done and talked about it in the present tense, when it may never be built).

If Ms. Palin were merely dim, that would be acceptable, and no cause for alarm or complaint. That she is vicious, and debases the public discourse with her many lies and distortions, is the reason for visceral dislike.

Please shut the hell up and go away, Ms. Palinfraud.

eg8r
06-02-2011, 12:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ms. Palin is so futuristic that she counts as accomplished the natural gas pipeline project she started, although it hasn't even begun </div></div>With that bit of stretching of the truth it is quite clear honesty is not what you are interested in.

eg8r

pooltchr
06-02-2011, 12:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

If Ms. Palin were merely dim, that would be acceptable, and no cause for alarm or complaint. That she is vicious, and debases the public discourse with her many lies and distortions, is the reason for visceral dislike.

</div></div>

Wow, are you sure you haven't confused Sarah with Gayle????

Steve

hondo
06-02-2011, 04:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Steve </div></div>

Always with the vicious personal attacks on forum members.
Why I rarely post.

pooltchr
06-02-2011, 04:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Steve </div></div>

Why I rarely post. </div></div>

Just call 'em like I see 'em, little buddy. I haven't heard Ms Palin repeatedly tell people to "STFU" or "Stuff it".

Steve

LWW
06-02-2011, 04:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gcA0ZuKGkI8/TNLzexSgvKI/AAAAAAAAJKY/TDb-1HBNRaA/s1600/palin-derangement-syndrome.jpg
</div></div>

Soflasnapper
06-02-2011, 05:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ms. Palin is so futuristic that she counts as accomplished the natural gas pipeline project she started, although it hasn't even begun </div></div>With that bit of stretching of the truth it is quite clear honesty is not what you are interested in.

eg8r </div></div>

That was a slight exaggeration on my part, but Sarah's, like LWW's always are, was better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I fought to bring about the largest private-sector infrastructure project in North American history.

And when that deal was struck, we began a nearly forty billion dollar natural gas pipeline to help lead America to energy independence.

That pipeline, when the last section is laid and its valves are opened, will lead America one step farther away from dependence on dangerous foreign powers that do not have our interests at heart.

The stakes for our nation could not be higher.

When a hurricane strikes in the Gulf of Mexico, this country should not be so dependent on imported oil that we are forced to draw from our Strategic Petroleum Reserve
</div></div>

Yes, she's admitting it isn't quite finished, contrary to what I recalled from memory.

However, she fought to bring it about, so it must have started, and in short order the final touches appear to be happening, probably in time to help with the very next hurricane season.

You'd never guess from her presentation that it hadn't even started (and still, years later, I think that's the case), and that althought she got the state of Alaska to pony up $500 million, that it may NEVER be built.

Meantime, the relief we'll have from tapping the Strategic Oil Preserve from this project because of hurricanes and other assorted disruptions will be coming.... right about.... what, ten years from now? Ever?

hondo
06-02-2011, 08:31 PM
I find it so sad that you can't distinguish public figures
from regular folks posting on a forum.
Makes it pretty futile to try and have a sensible conversation with you, little buddy.
I got the same thing over at AZ. Criticised Cheney and was viciously attacked personally.
Why I can't get interested in posting there and rarely post here.
At least I don't have to read dub's tiresome cliches over there.
That is refreshing.

Sev
06-02-2011, 08:44 PM
I cant believe you threw in the towel. Lots of new members with varying opinions these days.

LWW
06-03-2011, 01:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I find it so sad that you can't distinguish public figures
from regular folks posting on a forum.</div></div>

I found it said that you and the cabal couldn't distinguish between Tina Fey and Sarah Palin ... or between Osama and Obama for that matter.

hondo
06-03-2011, 04:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant believe you threw in the towel. Lots of new members with varying opinions these days. </div></div>
I read them.
I posted one single time simply to say that I was back.
The decent posters welcomed me back.
dub and the klan went on for 2 pages calling me a hypocrite for my single post.
Reminded me why I find it so distateful to deal with them at all.
Said I would post on main forum but I have nothing to add.
So I just observe.
It has been fun watching dub get tossed for his racist comments, roberts sneered at and humiliated by his fellow tea partiers, and slide rule and bamadog exposed for their shallowness.

hondo
06-03-2011, 04:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I find it so sad that you can't distinguish public figures
from regular folks posting on a forum.</div></div>

I found it said that you and the cabal couldn't distinguish between Tina Fey and Sarah Palin ... or between Osama and Obama for that matter. </div></div>

Yet the klan can't distinguish between Cheney and Hondo, Palin and Gayle, typos and spelling,, honesty and libel, serious and facetious, soundbites and political saavy?
Claim your high road all you want, dub. Use the same cliches and doublespeak over and over,post your cartoons.
Where will I be? Shooting pool.

Enjoy your life.
Perhaps your eulogy will praise your tireless efforts to
outshout your perceived enemies?
Perhaps jennings will tearfully deliver it?

LWW
06-03-2011, 05:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://sites.google.com/site/mcguff1/PalinDerangementSyndrome.jpg

Yes, except for misplacing the tense (had, as in already did, as opposed to WILL, as in the future)</div></div>

No, what I am doing is using competence in English against leftist misdirection.

Unless the regime's policies and/or commitments are reversed ... the regime has created this much debt.

Again, in the real world if your house payment is $1K per month for the next 10 years ... you are $120K in debt for it over the next 10 years. You are trying to argue that you are actually only $1K in debt because that's all that is due now.

You seem to be a very intelligent person actually, why do you insist upon supping at the feast of deceit harvested from the statist horn of plenty of lies?

Stretch
06-03-2011, 05:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I find it so sad that you can't distinguish public figures
from regular folks posting on a forum.
Makes it pretty futile to try and have a sensible conversation with you, little buddy.
I got the same thing over at AZ. Criticised Cheney and was viciously attacked personally.
Why I can't get interested in posting there and rarely post here.
At least I don't have to read dub's tiresome cliches over there.
That is refreshing. </div></div>

There just isn't enough room here for 5 regulars and LWW's ego. St.

Gayle in MD
06-03-2011, 06:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish she would go away to be honest.

eg8r </div></div>

That's what I do like about you, Ed, even if we disagree on just about everything, you do have your moments of sheer honesty, beyond party BS.

G.

Gayle in MD
06-03-2011, 06:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

The whole premise of the article was that she is NOT a candidate. She left her last job because she couldn't accomplish the things she wanted to do as an elected official. I think she is far more effective as a private citizen...she can say what she thinks without having to worry about political consequences.

Steve </div></div>

BWA HA HA HA!!! Another post which proves stunning ignorance!

She left becauses her illegal acivities were about to be exposed, and she was going to have to put up some big bucks, for legal defense for her illegal actions.

She left because she figured out she could exploit the idiots, who were too stupid to see through her total lack of basic knowledge about anything beyond her illegal abuse of her office for her own vicious grudges, and stuffing money in her own pocket.

Anyone who can't see through Palin, is seriously lacking a full deck!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
06-03-2011, 06:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Steve </div></div>

Just call 'em like I see 'em, little buddy. I haven't heard Ms Palin repeatedly tell people to "STFU" or "Stuff it".

Steve </div></div>

LMAO!

You mean like you do?

I just pasted that link on another thread.

F. em all is polite, as long as you're throwing it out.

Colossal hypocrite.

Your hatred for me permeates this entire forum.

Then you have the incredible GALL, to act like you are blameless for any of the demise from personal attacks, even though I've appealed to you many times, for a mutual total ignore, for the sake of other forum members opportunity to ennjoy posting here, without you using this forum 98.8% of the time as nothing else but a display for your irrational hatred of me, which you can't get through a single day without displaying.

Stunning hypocracy. Here's another chance, Reverend kind heart, let's agree to no references at all to one another.

Bump?

G.

Gayle in MD
06-03-2011, 07:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Steve </div></div>

Steve </div></div>

LMAO!

You mean like you do?

I just pasted that link on another thread, of non other than you.....

F. em all is polite, as long as you're saying it about Democratics, I suppose.

Colossal hypocrite.

Your hatred for me permeates this entire forum.

Then you have the incredible GALL, to "act" like you are blameless for any of the demise to the overall forum experience, from all of the vicious personal attacks, even though I've appealed to you many times, for a mutual total ignore, for the sake of other forum member's opportunity to enjoy posting here, without you using this forum 98.8% of the time as nothing else but a non stop display of your irrational hatred of me, which you can't get through a single day, or thread, without displaying.

Stunning hypocracy. Here's another chance, Reverend Kindness, let's agree to no references at all to one another. Mutual ignore.

Bump?

G.

LWW
06-03-2011, 07:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She left becauses her illegal acivities were about to be exposed, and she was going to have to put up some big bucks, for legal defense for her illegal actions.</div></div>

Really?

What were they?

How would leaving office save her on legal expenses?

What were the illegal acts?

Why hasn't she been charged?

What's that?

You have no idea ... but since it was spoon fed to you, you will slavishly accept it?

SpiderMan
06-09-2011, 02:45 PM
I took me 5 years to find the files and put it all together, but here it is. You and Judy are all over the second half of this video. Hopefully you can still remember it: http://vimeo.com/24835577

Enjoy!

SpiderMan

hondo
06-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Great stuff. Thanks, Spiderman.

Soflasnapper
06-09-2011, 04:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://sites.google.com/site/mcguff1/PalinDerangementSyndrome.jpg

Yes, except for misplacing the tense (had, as in already did, as opposed to WILL, as in the future)</div></div>

No, what I am doing is using competence in English against leftist misdirection.

Unless the regime's policies and/or commitments are reversed ... the regime has created this much debt.

Again, in the real world if your house payment is $1K per month for the next 10 years ... you are $120K in debt for it over the next 10 years. You are trying to argue that you are actually only $1K in debt because that's all that is due now.

You seem to be a very intelligent person actually, why do you insist upon supping at the feast of deceit harvested from the statist horn of plenty of lies? </div></div>

Actually, in the real world, the fact that I have living expenses, put gas in my car, pay my car insurance, and etc., MEANS NOTHING NECESSARILY AS TO MY INDEBTEDNESS WHATSOVER.

All of that could occur without any existing debt, and without any future debt incurred, necessarily.

Also in the real world, if one did have expenses beyond ones income and was looking at the possibility of having to go into debt or further into debt, besides cutting back, most people would look into making more income by taking on an extra job, having a household member take a job, or working harder/smarter so as to earn a raise in present income by gaining a promotion.

Nowadays, increasing the government's income from its near-historical lows (going back to the '50s) of about 14% of gdp to its more recent average levels (18-19% of gdp) is considered a taboo subject, even though it would trim the deficit dramatically.

Gayle in MD
06-09-2011, 04:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://sites.google.com/site/mcguff1/PalinDerangementSyndrome.jpg

You seem to be a very intelligent person actually, why do you insist upon supping at the feast of deceit harvested from the statist horn of plenty of lies? </div></div>

Actually, in the real world, the fact that I have living expenses, put gas in my car, pay my car insurance, and etc., MEANS NOTHING NECESSARILY AS TO MY INDEBTEDNESS WHATSOVER.

All of that could occur without any existing debt, and without any future debt incurred, necessarily.

Also in the real world, if one did have expenses beyond ones income and was looking at the possibility of having to go into debt or further into debt, besides cutting back, most people would look into making more income by taking on an extra job, having a household member take a job, or working harder/smarter so as to earn a raise in present income by gaining a promotion.

Nowadays, increasing the government's income from its near-historical lows (going back to the '50s) of about 14% of gdp to its more recent average levels (18-19% of gdp) is considered a taboo subject, even though it would trim the deficit dramatically. </div></div>

Exactly. And, Repubs are going to have to realize, that we have to raise taxes.

The Bush Tax Cuts, failed to be job producers, and in fact, were a disaster.

But, since righties can't read charts, it's impossible to converse with them.

That RW automatic reality filter, renders them perpetually irrational.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif