PDA

View Full Version : land of the Free/ # 267

Qtec
06-02-2011, 05:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Rick Scott Sued By ACLU Over Mandatory Drug Testing For Florida State Workers

MIAMI -- The American Civil Liberties Union of Florida is suing Florida Gov.<span style='font-size: 23pt'> Rick Scott over ordering drug testing for all state employees, regardless of suspicion.</span>

The ACLU says the measure is an overreach of the Republican governor's powers and intrudes into employees' private lives. Scott's order expands drug testing to all employees, not just those who drive, carry weapons or deal with children.

Scott's office defends the measure as a way to make sure the state is paying for a healthy and productive workforce. Spokeswoman Amy Graham says they are confident it will be upheld by the courts.

Alma Gonzalez, an employee for the state employees' union, says testing will cost millions at a time of severe budget cuts.</div></div>

First person they should start with is Rick Scott.

Q

pooltchr
06-02-2011, 06:58 AM
I have spent many years working for companies that required EVERY employee, including management, to be subject to random drug testing at any time without any cause for suspicion.

Guess what? If you don't do drugs, it doesn't matter!

If you do, you take your chances. Again, it's a matter of personal choice, and accepting responsibility. If you want to party all weekend, and then your name comes out of the computer on Monday morning, you could lose your job. People know this, and make their own personal decisions.

What's the big deal?

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-02-2011, 07:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Rick Scott Sued By ACLU Over Mandatory Drug Testing For Florida State Workers

MIAMI -- The American Civil Liberties Union of Florida is suing Florida Gov.<span style='font-size: 23pt'> Rick Scott over ordering drug testing for all state employees, regardless of suspicion.</span>

The ACLU says the measure is an overreach of the Republican governor's powers and intrudes into employees' private lives. Scott's order expands drug testing to all employees, not just those who drive, carry weapons or deal with children.

Scott's office defends the measure as a way to make sure the state is paying for a healthy and productive workforce. Spokeswoman Amy Graham says they are confident it will be upheld by the courts.

Alma Gonzalez, an employee for the state employees' union, says testing will cost millions at a time of severe budget cuts.</div></div>

First person they should start with is Rick Scott.

Q </div></div>

Just another scam like the last one he wiggled out of, to put money in his own pocket!

Elton John, is also speaking out on this crook, against his determination to cut money for AID's victims, some of them innocent babies, some of them victims of the Health Industry, and careless blood testing methods, before giving transfusions, etc....

Scott would not be re-elected, by those who voted for him, according to polling data, Scott and the Ohio governor, actually six of the seven T.Party "toughies" Repiglican Governors, are in the ditch on approval numbers, and would not be re-elected, if voters had another chance, including Christie, the one who is so morbidly obese, he can't walk a hundred yards, without a limo, to haul his lard ass from the State Hellicopter, to his seat, the use of which surely is no indication that he thinks HE should give up anything in the interest of cutting costs.

Another Republican HYPOCRITE, bashing teachers and firement, while he uses up $25,0000.00 an hour, to fly to a meeting from his son's game, hours away to meet with Republicans who want him to run for President!!!

NJ doesn't want him, that's for sure!

G.

eg8r
06-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Let them sue, the ACLU is more a detriment on society than they are good. I think this bill by Scott is a great idea and all state employees should be drug tested.

eg8r

eg8r
06-02-2011, 09:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Elton John, is also speaking out on this crook, against his determination to cut money for AID's victims, </div></div>LOL, he is quivering in his boots. No kidding, Elton John is speaking out?

No I don't think Scott will be re-elected and I don't think he should be but he has done some good things so far so it is not a total loss.

eg8r

pooltchr
06-02-2011, 09:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Elton John, is also speaking out on this crook,
G. </div></div>

LMAO!!!!

That is just priceless.

When did a piano player become a political expert?

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Why dont you go fly a kite!!!

Every post you write is either full of lies, or full of BS!

No one said he was a political expert.

BUG OFF!!! YOU FLYOVER RW DUNCE.

Don't troll my posts, they're above your comprehension level, obviously.

Gayle in MD
06-02-2011, 10:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Elton John, is also speaking out on this crook, against his determination to cut money for AID's victims, </div></div>LOL, he is quivering in his boots. No kidding, Elton John is speaking out?

No I don't think Scott will be re-elected and I don't think he should be but he has done some good things so far so it is not a total loss.

eg8r </div></div>

You are in a very small minority.

Think I read it's like 67% of Floridians, wish they could take back their votes.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Soflasnapper
06-02-2011, 11:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let them sue, the ACLU is more a detriment on society than they are good. I think this bill by Scott is a great idea and all state employees should be drug tested.

eg8r </div></div>

Card-carrying member since at least '92, here.

Problem: this isn't a bill, nor a law, but an EXECUTIVE ORDER.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Scott issued an executive order (.pdf) in March ordering agencies to come up with random drug-testing plans for their employees. They had 60 days to develop the policies, and now have another 60 days to alert employees. The lawsuit, filed in Miami on behalf of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, aims to block the policies before they take effect. #

The lawsuit (.pdf) argues that Scott’s order, which calls for random, suspicion-less testing of all employees, violates the Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable searches. #

Lawyers on the case say they’re supported by a mountain of case law. A previous ACLU case found the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice could not fire an employee for refusing to take a random drug test. According to the Palm Beach Post, a spokeswoman for Scott says he believes the policy is legally sound, and is willing to take the fight to the Supreme Court. #</div></div>

Apparently, Governor Skeltor's new announced policy runs afoul of state law precedent (which means it's illegal under current law), as well as 4th amendment protections.

Always forget not to be surprised when conservatives disparage Constitutional protections, while talking up a good line about honoring the Constitution. They do it all the time.

Soflasnapper
06-02-2011, 11:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have spent many years working for companies that required EVERY employee, including management, to be subject to random drug testing at any time without any cause for suspicion.

Guess what? If you don't do drugs, it doesn't matter!

If you do, you take your chances. Again, it's a matter of personal choice, and accepting responsibility. If you want to party all weekend, and then your name comes out of the computer on Monday morning, you could lose your job. People know this, and make their own personal decisions.

What's the big deal?

Steve </div></div>

Guess what? This was a pre-disclosed requirement when these people took the job at the company you're discussing.

Guess what? This was not a pre-disclosed requirement for state workers, but a change in terms of employment, put through by one man's say-so as an executive order.

Assuming he means it to apply to people already working and not just new hires (as he appears to), this has to be done as a negotiation with the union(s) over work conditions, and not dictatorially imposed for no public purpose at great expense by one insane criminal governor.

eg8r
06-02-2011, 12:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Problem: this isn't a bill, nor a law, but an EXECUTIVE ORDER.
</div></div>Great, if it is legal then push it on through. This is money well spent. Just because it is afoul with precedent does not mean anything. Abortions were illegal at one point and they were "afoul" with precedent until it went to court. This is just another example. Until it is shot down I hope they press forward full steam.

eg8r

eg8r
06-02-2011, 12:04 PM
I am in no minority. If you would have actually read what I posted I am in agreement with your "storied" 67%. Also, if you are going to post some poll number at least have the decency to post a link so that your paraphrase can be scrutinized.

eg8r

eg8r
06-02-2011, 12:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess what? This was not a pre-disclosed requirement for state workers, but a change in terms of employment, put through by one man's say-so as an executive order.
</div></div>You act like this does not happen, ever. It happens every day all across America.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-02-2011, 12:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am in no minority. If you would have actually read what I posted I am in agreement with your "storied" 67%. Also, if you are going to post some poll number at least have the decency to post a link so that your paraphrase can be scrutinized.

eg8r </div></div>

If your own salary, comes from government money, at least have the decency to admit it, before you trash others, whose salary is lower than yours, for negotiating for additional cost of living benefits, AND approving unconstitutional demands against their rights.

G.

eg8r
06-02-2011, 12:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gayle with mouth running full steam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your own salary, comes from government money, at least have the decency to admit it,</div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r already stated tax revenue is part of what funds the company I work for</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey well then I guess I am glad they are now paying the same as I do since we are both getting tax revenues.</div></div>You see, you just keep running around in your little circle getting no where. I state one thing you change the subject. I call you out for changing the subject and then you say I said something completely different. You are losing badly.

I agreed and said yes we are both on tax revenue and I am now glad that they are having to pay for their HC the same as I am. As for their salaries being lower, go get an education and see if that doesn't help out. There is no reason a meter reader should ever make as much as I do. The job just doesn't justify it. If they were out there inventing meter readers then by all means make them rich. People sitting at a desk taking pictures for people getting license does not justify the salary that I make. Go get an education. It is plain and simple. You want to give money away and I want people to earn it.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-02-2011, 12:57 PM
So, you're saying there are NO benefits for workers in your company, Ed?

No HC group insurance?

No 401 K benefits?

No Retirement benefits?

I don't believe you.

G.

pooltchr
06-02-2011, 01:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, you're saying there are NO benefits for workers in your company, Ed?

No HC group insurance?

No 401 K benefits?

No Retirement benefits?

I don't believe you.

G. </div></div>

Are you really that stupid???????

Steve

eg8r
06-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Oh my goodness. When are you going to catch a clue. All I have said is that we both get paid (to some extent) from tax revenues and for all these years they have been getting better HC for an incredibly lower rate than anyone else. Now that is no longer true. They will be paying just like the rest of us. Finally they will be paying like the rest.

eg8r

eg8r
06-02-2011, 02:51 PM
I am telling you buddy, trying to explain this to her is like talking to a brick wall. Her next response will be that I said something completely false and I will have to copy/paste once again to reign her back in. If she is off subject then she is out changing what people said. When you correct her she jumps off subject again. It is crazy.

eg8r

pooltchr
06-02-2011, 04:03 PM
I honestly believe she is suffering from diminished mental capacity. She should get some help. Early detection and medication can slow the progress of dementia.

Steve

eg8r
06-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Well, I wouldn't go that far but when she isn't getting anywhere changing the subject is her MO.

eg8r

LWW
06-03-2011, 01:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Elton John, is also speaking out on this crook,
G. </div></div>

LMAO!!!!

That is just priceless.

When did a piano player become a political expert?

Steve </div></div>

When he agreed with the leftist agenda.

Wait until they learn he has become personal pals with Rush Limbaugh.

LWW
06-03-2011, 01:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, you're saying there are NO benefits for workers in your company, Ed?

No HC group insurance?

No 401 K benefits?

No Retirement benefits?

I don't believe you.

G. </div></div>

Do you provide HC and retirement for employees in your non union shop?

Aitch, as an example, wasn't even paying SSI on his employee.