PDA

View Full Version : APA league operator assults player

shootergirl32
06-04-2011, 11:16 AM
I just want thoughts on how to handle this issue. A friend of mine went to the city tournament for APA this weekend and was pushed and yelled at by the league operator. She was told to leave because of her involvement with another league. My friend is also a current member of the APA. She is blowing it off but I am very angry that this happened. What are her options?

Rich R.
06-05-2011, 05:02 AM
If the guy got physical with her, she should file legal charges. That is totally unacceptable. She should also report the incident to the national APA office.

pooltchr
06-05-2011, 07:14 AM
Over the years, I have learned there are usually two sides to every story. I would hesitate to pass judgement without hearing them both.

Steve

Rich R.
06-06-2011, 06:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Over the years, I have learned there are usually two sides to every story. I would hesitate to pass judgement without hearing them both.

Steve </div></div>
I wasn't passing judgement.
If the LO shoved someone, charges should be filed. The court will pass judgement.
Obviously, if the incident didn't happen as described, the charges won't be filed.

I just know that some of these LO's are way too protective of their territory and if they take it too far, they should answer for it.

Fran Crimi
06-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Although I agree with Rich that assault is not acceptable on any level, I think you should let your friend decide what's best for herself, especially if you weren't there to witness it. I'm sure she knows what her options are.

shootergirl32
06-06-2011, 08:41 AM
There were witnesses, it was at the city tournament. And the reason the LO didnt get kicked out was because there was no one else to run such a big tournament.

Tony_in_MD
06-08-2011, 04:52 AM
IMHO opinion there are three sides to every story. The third side being the truth.

06-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Hit him back.

Eric &gt;dad always said...

eg8r
06-09-2011, 11:08 AM
LOL, you have that off a bit. There are always 3 sides to the story. Person A's story, Person B's story and the truth. Both sides will always be a bit jaded with their own view of what happened.

eg8r

Sid_Vicious
06-09-2011, 01:46 PM
The real answer is that whoever initiated the first physical contact was guilty. It's not that hard. How can anyone argue against that? sid

Poolchick79
06-10-2011, 12:00 AM
All of this is true I was there trust me!!

06-10-2011, 05:06 AM
Okay since you were there can you give us more details as far as what went down?

Eric

Sid_Vicious
06-11-2011, 08:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay since you were there can you give us more details as far as what went down?

Eric </div></div>

Assuming the detail of who made the first physical contact is true, then why do we need to know any of the incidentals before that crime in itself? Physical altercations are never an acceptable reply toward anybody involved in a disagreement. I just don't get it. If the OP does come back here and state that a first shove came from the league player herself, then it makes sense, but I've seen no record or hint from either of the two witnesses here to give any merit to any other scenario except that the TD/LD crossed the physical line with a citizen. sid

06-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Why? Because ppl are quick to deliberate and pass judgement.

For me, I'm curious to hear if there are more details. If there isn't anymore to it, then it could be said that the league op is impulsive and has a hair trigger.

Or, there could be more to the story.

Eric

Sid_Vicious
06-11-2011, 10:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why? Because ppl are quick to deliberate and pass judgement.

For me, I'm curious to hear if there are more details. If there isn't anymore to it, then it could be said that the league op is impulsive and has a hair trigger.

Or, there could be more to the story.

Eric </div></div>

My original opinion still holds. Whoever initiated the first physical part of the scenario is the guilty party, regardless of how it might be perceived that they are "impulsive and has a hair trigger." Society rules are supposed to be purposely put in place to teach(the hard way if necessary) these impulsive people. You wouldn't expect to avoid a ticket if you chose to rear end a motorist in front of you in traffic, for ANY reason. Being physical with a human being should have even more stern, and decisive results, no matter what the accused might be when it comes to the personality of "impulsive and has a hair trigger." sid

06-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Umm, ok, Sid.

Eric

stevefox
06-25-2011, 01:43 PM
hell yeah! whoever initiated the first physical contact was guilty!

TCIndepMo
06-26-2011, 09:58 PM
This is probably too much to ask but - how about some details? Like the name of the LO and the location of the tournament? You know, little things like that.

I just love it when the APA bashers show up, but offer no details to their story.

How are we supposed to take a post like this seriously without some facts?

06-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Which was my point too.

People are too quick to deliberate. Pitchforks for everyone!

Eric

Sid_Vicious
06-27-2011, 03:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCIndepMo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is probably too much to ask but - how about some details? Like the name of the LO and the location of the tournament? You know, little things like that.

I just love it when the APA bashers show up, but offer no details to their story.

How are we supposed to take a post like this seriously without some facts? </div></div>

Might be a legal action in play already, and that makes it wise to stay off the board with details, who knows? BUT IF one person in the situation begins ANY physical force onto the other person, will you not agree that the fault is with that person doing the FIRST physical contact?

I never took the OP's topic as a slanted bash on APA as such, but the legal side did catch my attention right away. I guess you can make it an APA bash if you want to, yet to do so leans to politics in pool, and I never got that from any reading here...just the altercation event and the question about that in itself. By chance, it was APA this time. Maybe I missed something and it is a bash. sid

Scott Lee
07-14-2011, 01:58 PM
It seems we had two people (ostensibly women) sign up on this site exclusively to make 1 post about this issue. It's now almost 6 weeks later and no more posting from either one of them. I say it didn't happen...or at least it didn't happen the way they described it. APA LO's, former or current, do not like to see other L.O.'s being bashed...and if it's true, want to take some action to see that it doesn't happen again.

Scott Lee ~ former APA LO