PDA

View Full Version : The war on women.



Qtec
06-05-2011, 02:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last week, Gov. Rick Scott cut close to $2 million in health services <span style='font-size: 14pt'>for at-risk women and children </span>in line-item vetoes to the state budget. Among the projects cut was $200,000 for a pilot program to be carried out by the Healthy Start Coalition of Orange County that would have provided specialized care for <u>high-risk first-time mothers</u> throughout the county. </div></div>

Typical.


Scott,

"Of course, we need to protect these unborn children and force women to have unwanted children but when they are born, we give them the finger for their own good. Its 'You're own your own buddy. Your free-loading times are over.'
Tax cuts to businesses, the wealthy and drug testing everybody at my wife's clinics are much more a priority." he said.

plenty here (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/06/04/981881/-This-week-in-the-War-on-Women?via=blog_1)

Q

LWW
06-05-2011, 05:36 AM
You also are what the regime counts on ... folks who will buy the party Barbara Streisand without question.

A line item veto "CUT" doesn't mean that anything was actually cut at all.

It means that the amount of increase was reduced.

Gayle in MD
06-05-2011, 07:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last week, Gov. Rick Scott cut close to $2 million in health services <span style='font-size: 14pt'>for at-risk women and children </span>in line-item vetoes to the state budget. Among the projects cut was $200,000 for a pilot program to be carried out by the Healthy Start Coalition of Orange County that would have provided specialized care for <u>high-risk first-time mothers</u> throughout the county. </div></div>

Typical.


Scott,

"Of course, we need to protect these unborn children and force women to have unwanted children but when they are born, we give them the finger for their own good. Its 'You're own your own buddy. Your free-loading times are over.'
Tax cuts to businesses, the wealthy and drug testing everybody at my wife's clinics are much more a priority." he said.

plenty here (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/06/04/981881/-This-week-in-the-War-on-Women?via=blog_1)

Q







</div></div>

Repiglicans have no respect for women, the poor, the hungry, even when they are children, the ill, the old, the unemployed, which by and large became unempoloyed, due to Repiglican policies.

Repiglicans are all about wide spread abuse of privacy rights, and promoting ugly stereotypes.

Public employees, for example, are protected by The Constitution. Searches without probable cause, are clearly against the Constitution. Presumption that those on welfare, are on drugs, is one of the stereotypes that have long been promoted by Repiglicans.

They move their Rah Rah "Constitutional Rights" LINE, around to suit their vast hatered of certain groups

Hence, they hate The American Civil Liberties Union, because their goal, is to protect those American Constitutional Rights, and to fight the ugly stereotyping, which Repiglicans thrive on, while they are waving their flags, and carrying their crosses.

Fascists.

Scott says he is selling his company. I suppose we're all supposed to believe that he never mentioned to the buyer, all of these coming drug testing contracts, so he could get top price, and all of the additional monies that would be coming the buyer's way.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Can we say Dick Cheney, the Bush dynasty, and the Carlyle Group????? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

G.

LWW
06-05-2011, 07:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They move their Rah Rah "Constitutional Rights" LINE, around to suit their vast hatered of certain groups

G. </div></div>

Two questions?

1 - How can you hate constitutional rights and love them at the same time as you do in this rant?

2 -How does one "HATERED" people?

eg8r
06-05-2011, 02:31 PM
You know what, if you knew anything about these programs and what was happening prior to them maybe what you quote would mean something. However, since you are just trolling around looking for negativity, I will skip on by.

eg8r

LWW
06-05-2011, 03:40 PM
His village does miss him.

Qtec
06-06-2011, 02:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know what, if you knew anything about these programs and what was happening prior to them maybe what you quote would mean something. However, since you are just trolling around looking for negativity, I will skip on by.

eg8r </div></div>

You hate facts.

Facts...R Scott is slime.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rick Scott's robo-calls backfiring (and spoofing, too?)

As we first tweeted this morning, the Republican Party of Florida is robo-calling voters to drum up support for <u>Gov. Rick Scott, who might be America's most-disliked governor, with a 29 percent approval rating.</u> Now that a full day of calls are in, it appears that's just making some fellow Republicans upset.

The automatic, pre-recorded calls feature Scott's voice <span style="color: #990000">derided the hometown projects he vetoed from the budgets as "special interest waste."</span> Not the kind of message that fellow Republicans, who crafted the budget, wanted to hear. Especially when those special interests included hungry and needy seniors, homeless veterans, paralysis victims, etc.

Former Republican State Rep. J.C. Planas of Miami said he was called <span style="color: #990000">and was infuriated that needy projects were being described as waste.</span> What's more, he said, the incoming number on his cell phone caller ID showed that it was his own number phoning in -- a process of disguising calls known as "spoofing."

"It's bad enough that he's hurting my community with these vetoes and misrepresenting the purpose of them," Planas said. "But then he's spoofing my phone? Why?"

No one in the Capitol can remember the last time a governor had to resort to robo-calling to drum up support. He also is urging supporters on Twitter and Facebook to support his vetoes (which kind of add up to $615 million) and call on legislators to plug some of the freed-up money back into education.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>But Scott never mentions that he called for a bigger cut to education than the Legislature was comfortable with. Now he's flip-flopping on members of his own party and playing the blame game.</span>

<u>House Speaker Dean Cannon was irked that the calls suggested the Republican controlled Legislature skimped on education</u> -- <span style='font-size: 17pt'>when it was Scott himself who called for a deeper cut.</span> House Republican leader Carlos Lopez-Cantera of Miami was doubly bothered.

"The Republican Party of Florida is paying for this?" Lopez-Cantera asked. "That's interesting. I'm on the Republican Executive Committee and I'm Miami-Dade's state committeeman and no one gave me so much as a courtesy call that they were going to be doing this."

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Lopez-Cantera was among the Republican representatives who wanted about $730,000 to feed needy seniors in Allapattah and Little Havana. Both line items were vetoed.

"This wasn't money for special interests," said Lopez-Cantera. "These are needy seniors."</span>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>There was some irony in Scott's strident stance against special interests when he announced the budget vetoes. Before his speech, he was preceded by representatives of some heavy-hitting special interests: a representative of The Villages development, Florida Chamber of Commerce lobbyist David Hart and National Federation of Independent Business lobbyist Allen Douglas</span>.

Not every interest was represented at the event. <span style="color: #990000">Scott's office and RPOF staffers used sheriff's deputies to block Democrats from the event Thursday.</span> The next day, Scott's office denied it had a role.

Maybe a new robo-call is in order to set the record straight there, too.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpoli...e#ixzz1OTqv2Ox6 (http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2011/05/rick-scotts-robo-calls-backfiring-and-spoofing-too.html#more#ixzz1OTqv2Ox6)
</div></div>

Q

Gayle in MD
06-06-2011, 05:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know what, if you knew anything about these programs and what was happening prior to them maybe what you quote would mean something. However, since you are just trolling around looking for negativity, I will skip on by.

eg8r </div></div>

You hate facts.

Facts...R Scott is slime.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rick Scott's robo-calls backfiring (and spoofing, too?)

As we first tweeted this morning, the Republican Party of Florida is robo-calling voters to drum up support for <u>Gov. Rick Scott, who might be America's most-disliked governor, with a 29 percent approval rating.</u> Now that a full day of calls are in, it appears that's just making some fellow Republicans upset.

The automatic, pre-recorded calls feature Scott's voice <span style="color: #990000">derided the hometown projects he vetoed from the budgets as "special interest waste."</span> Not the kind of message that fellow Republicans, who crafted the budget, wanted to hear. Especially when those special interests included hungry and needy seniors, homeless veterans, paralysis victims, etc.

Former Republican State Rep. J.C. Planas of Miami said he was called <span style="color: #990000">and was infuriated that needy projects were being described as waste.</span> What's more, he said, the incoming number on his cell phone caller ID showed that it was his own number phoning in -- a process of disguising calls known as "spoofing."

"It's bad enough that he's hurting my community with these vetoes and misrepresenting the purpose of them," Planas said. "But then he's spoofing my phone? Why?"

No one in the Capitol can remember the last time a governor had to resort to robo-calling to drum up support. He also is urging supporters on Twitter and Facebook to support his vetoes (which kind of add up to $615 million) and call on legislators to plug some of the freed-up money back into education.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>But Scott never mentions that he called for a bigger cut to education than the Legislature was comfortable with. Now he's flip-flopping on members of his own party and playing the blame game.</span>

<u>House Speaker Dean Cannon was irked that the calls suggested the Republican controlled Legislature skimped on education</u> -- <span style='font-size: 17pt'>when it was Scott himself who called for a deeper cut.</span> House Republican leader Carlos Lopez-Cantera of Miami was doubly bothered.

"The Republican Party of Florida is paying for this?" Lopez-Cantera asked. "That's interesting. I'm on the Republican Executive Committee and I'm Miami-Dade's state committeeman and no one gave me so much as a courtesy call that they were going to be doing this."

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Lopez-Cantera was among the Republican representatives who wanted about $730,000 to feed needy seniors in Allapattah and Little Havana. Both line items were vetoed.

"This wasn't money for special interests," said Lopez-Cantera. "These are needy seniors."</span>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>There was some irony in Scott's strident stance against special interests when he announced the budget vetoes. Before his speech, he was preceded by representatives of some heavy-hitting special interests: a representative of The Villages development, Florida Chamber of Commerce lobbyist David Hart and National Federation of Independent Business lobbyist Allen Douglas</span>.

Not every interest was represented at the event. <span style="color: #990000">Scott's office and RPOF staffers used sheriff's deputies to block Democrats from the event Thursday.</span> The next day, Scott's office denied it had a role.

Maybe a new robo-call is in order to set the record straight there, too.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpoli...e#ixzz1OTqv2Ox6 (http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2011/05/rick-scotts-robo-calls-backfiring-and-spoofing-too.html#more#ixzz1OTqv2Ox6)
</div></div>

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Facts...R Scott is slime.

</div></div>


Absolutely. Blocking his Democratic citizens, proves it! That's what Repigs do as a standard.

When will these righties wake up and stop voting against their own best interests.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

eg8r
06-06-2011, 07:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You hate facts.

Facts...R Scott is slime.
</div></div>I don't hate facts and have already stated more than once that I don't like the man as Governor and believe he will not be relected. What is different is that you have understanding of what was happening in these situations or issues prior to Scott so all you know is what was spoon fed to you in an article. No more or less. You did zero research to see if what they were saying was true or not you just quoted it as gospel. You don't even know or understand the impacts of the decision because you saw a negative article about a Rep and decided that was as far as you needed to go.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-06-2011, 08:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You hate facts.

Facts...R Scott is slime.
</div></div>I don't hate facts and have already stated more than once that I don't like the man as Governor and believe he will not be relected. What is different is that you have understanding of what was happening in these situations or issues prior to Scott so all you know is what was spoon fed to you in an article. No more or less. You did zero research to see if what they were saying was true or not you just quoted it as gospel. You don't even know or understand the impacts of the decision because you saw a negative article about a Rep and decided that was as far as you needed to go.

eg8r </div></div>

It's all in Florida Newpapers.

G.

pooltchr
06-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Ed, You can not possibly know more about what is going on in your home state than Gayle. You can't possibly have access to more local news and information than someone with Gayle's powerful connections. This is Gayle we're talking about! Gayle, who reads every newspaper from every state in the country, just so she can know more than anyone else.

This is Gayle...a legend in her own mind!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

eg8r
06-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Which happens to be where I live so I have a better grasp on it than you. All you guys are doing is looking for negativity and not trying to substantiate it in any way. You have a guy that writes a column and can say whatever he wants because he/she knows you will not bother to look up and see if the claim is actually true or not.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-06-2011, 08:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ed, You can not possibly know more about what is going on in your home state than Gayle. You can't possibly have access to more local news and information than someone with Gayle's powerful connections. This is Gayle we're talking about! Gayle, who reads every newspaper from every state in the country, just so she can know more than anyone else.

This is Gayle...a legend in her own mind!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve </div></div>

It's all about me, right Steve?

We all know that already.

Full of uncontrollable hate.

Hypocrite extraordinaire!

I am merely pointing out that the news stories about the Florida Governors plumeting approval numbers, and his crooked deals, are all in the Florida News Papers.

One would think, the Florida News Papers, Know what's going on in their own state.

But YOU, have to attack, adding nothing of any value, to the subject, due to your VAST UNCHECKED HATRED FOR ME AND FOR ANYTHING THAT ISN'T ON YOUR REPIGLICAN PARTISAN teat, even when righties, a whole panel of them this morning, BTW, all of them agreeing, there is no case against Edwards.

Scarborough himself, no leftie, for sure, saying he thinks the judge will throw out the whole case. An unprecedented miscarriage of justice.

You're such a BUBBA.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
G.