PDA

View Full Version : This just in from Moonbhattistan!

LWW
06-05-2011, 10:04 AM
What does one of Obama's long term backers believe?

LEARN (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/hey-american-the-floods-are-totally-gods-judgement-because-of-your-filth-and-abominations-louis-farrakhan-explains-how-america-is-babylon/)

Soflasnapper
06-05-2011, 11:21 AM
This is a common theory among religious types.

Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell have said substantially the same thing with regard to hurricanes and earthquakes separately, and got together to agree that 9/11 was caused by sin in America, possibly abortion alone or all the other sinning that goes on around this country.

Falwell's passed on by now, of course, but I don't think he supported Obama, and Robertson definitely does not support Obama.

It's the religion that makes people think this way, not O support.

LWW
06-05-2011, 12:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a common theory among religious types.

Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell have said substantially the same thing with regard to hurricanes and earthquakes separately, and got together to agree that 9/11 was caused by sin in America, possibly abortion alone or all the other sinning that goes on around this country.

Falwell's passed on by now, of course, but I don't think he supported Obama, and Robertson definitely does not support Obama.

It's the religion that makes people think this way, not O support. </div></div>

Yet when PR said it, the left made it a huge deal because he backed Bush.

What's different now?

And, FWIW, that was a rhetorical question ... we all know what the difference is now.

Also, FWIW, I said PR was a nutjob and Calypso Louie is a nutjob as well.

Soflasnapper
06-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Yet when PR said it, the left made it a huge deal because he backed Bush.

Everyone condemned it as stupid beyond words, and it got noticed because Pat Robertson's father was a US Senator, and Robertson was a leading member of the religious right with an extremely high profile (and a television network and a television show). He was also a Republican presidential candidate who beat then-VP George Herbert Walker Bush in Iowa (with a second place finish, iirc).

Farrakhan is a leading member of nothing important but NOI I guess, which speaks for no one other than itself and has far less visibility, verging on invisibility.

Possibly no one would ever hear from this man except Fox News may put him on to scare the older white audience they have.

"Evil men do evil things. To get good men to do evil things, you need religion."

pooltchr
06-05-2011, 03:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet when PR said it, the left made it a huge deal because he backed Bush.

Everyone condemned it as stupid beyond words, </div></div>

You obviously weren't posting here at that time.

Steve