PDA

View Full Version : Just retired Mossad chief agrees with Obama?

Soflasnapper
06-05-2011, 02:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Israel government 'reckless and irresponsible' says ex-Mossad chief

Meir Dagan attacks Binyamin Netanyahu for aggression towards Iran, and for failing to make any progress with the Palestinians
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Dagan also endorsed Saudi Arabia's peace plan which offered Israel normal relations with all Arab countries if it reaches a peace agreement with the Palestinians <span style='font-size: 17pt'>[based on returning to the pre-'67 war boundaries!!!*]</span>. Leading columnist Ari Shavit summarised Dagan's point of view in the Ha'aretz newspaper: "Dagan is extremely concerned about September 2011. He is not afraid that tens of thousands of demonstrators may overrun the settlements. He is afraid that Israel's subsequent isolation will push its leaders to the wall and cause them to take reckless action against Iran."

Ben Caspit of the Maariv newspaper wrote: "He is one of the most rightwing militant people ever born here ... who ate Arabs for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

"When this man says that the leadership has no vision and is irresponsible, we should stop sleeping soundly at night."</div></div>

From the Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun/03/israel-government-reckless-mossad-chief)

As Andrew Sullivan notes, and asks:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Notice that Dagan is willing to cede more territory than Obama proposed. There are no land-swaps in the Saudi peace deal. So, Mr Romney, has the former head of the Mossad just thrown Israel under the bus? And Mr Bret Stephens, is Dagan an "anti-Israel" head of the Mossad? Or was the hysteria of the last month entirely manufactured to prevent an Obama second term and buoy Netanyahu's support at home? There is no strategy for Israel in the AIPAC mindset. Just knee-jerk defensiveness and a major role in leading Israel to self-destruction.</div></div>

As Dagan says, he takes this position out of concern for ISRAEL'S INTERESTS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In a forthright contradiction of the position of the Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, that a withdrawal to 1967 borders posed an unacceptable security risk, Mr Dagan said Israel ''must present an initiative to the Palestinians''. ''We must adopt the Saudi initiative,'' Mr Dagan said.

'We have no other way, and not because [the Palestinians] are my top priority, but because I am concerned about Israel's wellbeing and I want to do what I can to ensure Israel's existence. If we don't make proposals and if we don't take the initiative, we will eventually find ourselves in a corner.''</div></div>

Sullivan's blog piece (http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2011/06/so-that-no-one-can-say-later-that-i-didnt-say-anything.html)

*My editorial comment inserted here, but it is accurate as to the Saudi/Arab League plan, which all members of the Arab League signed onto.

LWW
06-05-2011, 03:27 PM
No he doesn't.

Obama endorses returning to the 1967 borders and then negotiating with the palestinians for a peace deal.

But ... the Islamofascists can always count on the American far left to blame Israel for the palestinians refusing every peace offer ever made.

Gayle in MD
06-06-2011, 07:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Israel government 'reckless and irresponsible' says ex-Mossad chief

Meir Dagan attacks Binyamin Netanyahu for aggression towards Iran, and for failing to make any progress with the Palestinians
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Dagan also endorsed Saudi Arabia's peace plan which offered Israel normal relations with all Arab countries if it reaches a peace agreement with the Palestinians <span style='font-size: 17pt'>[based on returning to the pre-'67 war boundaries!!!*]</span>. Leading columnist Ari Shavit summarised Dagan's point of view in the Ha'aretz newspaper: "Dagan is extremely concerned about September 2011. He is not afraid that tens of thousands of demonstrators may overrun the settlements. He is afraid that Israel's subsequent isolation will push its leaders to the wall and cause them to take reckless action against Iran."

Ben Caspit of the Maariv newspaper wrote: "He is one of the most rightwing militant people ever born here ... who ate Arabs for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

"When this man says that the leadership has no vision and is irresponsible, we should stop sleeping soundly at night."</div></div>

From the Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun/03/israel-government-reckless-mossad-chief)

As Andrew Sullivan notes, and asks:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Notice that Dagan is willing to cede more territory than Obama proposed. There are no land-swaps in the Saudi peace deal. So, Mr Romney, has the former head of the Mossad just thrown Israel under the bus? And Mr Bret Stephens, is Dagan an "anti-Israel" head of the Mossad? Or was the hysteria of the last month entirely manufactured to prevent an Obama second term and buoy Netanyahu's support at home? There is no strategy for Israel in the AIPAC mindset. Just knee-jerk defensiveness and a major role in leading Israel to self-destruction.</div></div>

As Dagan says, he takes this position out of concern for ISRAEL'S INTERESTS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In a forthright contradiction of the position of the Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, that a withdrawal to 1967 borders posed an unacceptable security risk, Mr Dagan said Israel ''must present an initiative to the Palestinians''. ''We must adopt the Saudi initiative,'' Mr Dagan said.

'We have no other way, and not because [the Palestinians] are my top priority, but because I am concerned about Israel's wellbeing and I want to do what I can to ensure Israel's existence. If we don't make proposals and if we don't take the initiative, we will eventually find ourselves in a corner.''</div></div>

Sullivan's blog piece (http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2011/06/so-that-no-one-can-say-later-that-i-didnt-say-anything.html)

*My editorial comment inserted here, but it is accurate as to the Saudi/Arab League plan, which all members of the Arab League signed onto. </div></div>

The RW in Israel, is every bit as much a terrorist organization, as Hammas.

Like Repiglicans, Israel thinks they are above negotiations.

They want it ALL their way.

Peace, is not what they want. GREED is their mnaster.

Just like a healthy recovery was filibustered by Repiglicans, who didn't want the economy to bounce back, since it didn't suit their plan, their MAJOR PLAN, as McConnell stated, their main goal, making this president, a one term president, and winning back the majority, totally politically motivated.

Power, is the only thing Repiglicans care about.

We The People, are never their concern, obviously, since not one jobs bill has emerged, from the "Jobs, Jobs, Jobs" campaign rhetoric.

All their "Death Panel" lies, and then we see nothing but Repiglican, Death Panels.

Israel refuses to work for peace. They want it all their way.

Same thing with the Repigs.

G.

Soflasnapper
06-06-2011, 10:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No he doesn't.

Obama endorses returning to the 1967 borders and then negotiating with the palestinians for a peace deal.

But ... the Islamofascists can always count on the American far left to blame Israel for the palestinians refusing every peace offer ever made. </div></div>

You've got that backwards. That isn't O's plan, but it is what Dagan endorsed by his statement that Israel ought to take the Saudi/Arab League proposal.