PDA

View Full Version : aiming

09-15-2002, 09:50 AM
I am having a great deal of difficulty in my stroke. I seem to not look at the object ball when striking the cue ball. I am keeping my head down and still on my warm ups(3). Maybe I am not level with my stance?. I have tried gripping cue at different places. I am an above average player and this problem just started the last 4 weeks. I may make anything or miss the simplest of shots. I am at my wits end to straighten out my aiming . I use about a rather short back stroke as I have found this gives me more accuracy but even this is not working now. Help

09-15-2002, 10:13 AM

09-15-2002, 11:17 AM
very often missed shots are not the result of poor aiming but a poor pre-shot routine itself.... ask your self .... while you are standing are you taking the time to really see the spot on the OB you want to hit and the contact point on the CB you want to hit the OB... when walk into your shot is your rear leg in line with the path of the CB... is your front/side leg open enough to give you good balance (nothing worse then rocking back and forth while stroking) get a friend to give you a little push from the side while you are down on your shot.. if you hold steady you are probably pretty stable.. if he pushes you quite easily you need to adjust something.. do you sepend time stroking and getting a feel for the shot.... do you keep eyeing the CB and OB back and forth to reafirm your shot.... when you finally do release your shot are you 100% sure you are going to make it. (IF NOT STAND UP!) and do all this boring bull$hit all over again. There are really 2 types of players.. one that is very natural and does not need to think about the finer parts of the game with regards to stroke. and then there are the not so talented players who rely on robot like repetitiveness to give them thier consistant strokes. I probably missed a few things in the preshot routine but you get the idea.. everyone has thier own little system.. you ahve to make yours and stick to it no matter what..... all these little changes you keep trying just add to your inconsistancy

EZMark
09-15-2002, 04:23 PM
Try working on your stroke set, then pause, then finish. Make sure your stroke is from the elbow down till after the tip contacts the cue ball. Thnx EZMark