PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the Weiner type of situations...

sack316
06-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Personal life... I really don't care! If ol' boy wants to show off his goods, then more power to him. If someone wants to get spanked and gagged, let them have at it. As long as what someone does in their personal life is within the bounds of the law... then so what as long as they are doing their job when on the clock?

My ONLY issue with the whole thing is the attempt to lie to get around it. And I really don't have THAT big of an issue with that, I mean hell we all half expect politicians to be lying when their lips are moving anyway. He took a little Hail Mary shot to try to dodge it and it didn't work. Truth is most of us would probably try to do the same:

"Were you late to work this morning"

"Uh, no sir/ma'am, I just forgot to clock in.... my car broke down... alarm didn't go off... etc. etc."

Now, were this a republican would it be worse? Yeah, I do think it would be... as by and large a republican is going to have run for office based on family focus and values. So I would have a problem with a republican in this same situation. (the flip of this for democrats is tax cheats, as their platform will often be based on increasing tax revenue).

So that's my little 2 cents on these situations.

Sack

Gayle in MD
06-07-2011, 10:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personal life... I really don't care! If ol' boy wants to show off his goods, then more power to him. If someone wants to get spanked and gagged, let them have at it. As long as what someone does in their personal life is within the bounds of the law... then so what as long as they are doing their job when on the clock?

My ONLY issue with the whole thing is the attempt to lie to get around it. And I really don't have THAT big of an issue with that, I mean hell we all half expect politicians to be lying when their lips are moving anyway. He took a little Hail Mary shot to try to dodge it and it didn't work. Truth is most of us would probably try to do the same:

"Uh, no sir/ma'am, I just forgot to clock in.... my car broke down... alarm didn't go off... etc. etc."

Now, were this a republican would it be worse? Yeah, I do think it would be... as by and large a republican is going to have run for office based on family focus and values. So I would have a problem with a republican in this same situation. (the flip of this for democrats is tax cheats, as their platform will often be based on increasing tax revenue).

Sack </div></div>

It was so stupid! I am still shocked, that he would do something so stupid, and then, even try to lie about it.

Mostly, I feel sorry for his wife, as I did also, for Sanford's wife, Edward's wife, and for Hillary, as well, but Sanford's wife, who I am very proud of, for the way she handled such a degrading, hurtful situation, as having her husband, crying for his mistress, on camera, I really felt for her, and was so proud that she didn't follow the standard REpublican wife, standing there by him for the camera, just as I do for
Weiner's wife, Gingrich's first wife, McCain's first wife!

I think that the law, is the factor, and we don't know about that yet, in this case.

I also can't understand why anyone wants to go into politics.

That is a mystery to me.

And, I still don't get what people get out of such behavior, as this kind of stuff, male or female.

As far as political differences, I heard every single Liberal on MSNBC, loast night, taking Weiner apart.

To me, that's the difference between the Liberal Press, and the Fox people, or RW press, for example, and the two parties, as far as how they handle their own, verses how they deal with these things when it is the other party...don't they call that "The Reagan Doctrine"? "Never speak ill of a fellow Republican." Although, it didn't really originate with Reagan.

I can assure you, you won't hear Democratics, giving Weiner a standing ovation, for his behavior.

G.

pooltchr
06-07-2011, 11:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sack </div></div>

That is the only point I might take exception to. Yes, the Reps have a history of using "family values" in their campaigns in a more open way. But, John Edwards announcing his candidacy with his dying wife at his side, Barry Obama with Michelle and the girls on the stage with him, JFK in hundreds of photo ops with Jackie and the kids....they ALL try to present the illusion of being devoted family men. So whether they verbalize it, or just put it out there in their image campaigns, there is little difference in my eyes.

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-07-2011, 11:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sack </div></div>

That is the only point I might take exception to. Yes, the Reps have a history of using "family values" in their campaigns in a more open way. But, John Edwards announcing his candidacy with his dying wife at his side, Barry Obama with Michelle and the girls on the stage with him, JFK in hundreds of photo ops with Jackie and the kids....they ALL try to present the illusion of being devoted family men. So whether they verbalize it, or just put it out there in their image campaigns, there is little difference in my eyes.

Steve </div></div>
More open way? BWA HA HA HA!!!

Jackie Kennedy was totally against using her children, in photo ops.

Michele Obama, as well, has tried to keep her children out of the limelight.

What a crock and what a total JERK!

WE ALL KNOW, Republicans have been running on Family Values, and the so called, Christian Coalition, the entire last thirty plus years!

When you have no point, shut up.

G.

eg8r
06-07-2011, 12:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you have no point, shut up.
</div></div>Come one now, who is being the forum dictator now?

All politicians use their family in portraits to show the voters they are family oriented and they actually care about "family". The two individuals you reference, Jackie Kennedy and Michele, are not politicians. They are the wife and I would expect all wives to try and protect their children first and foremost.

eg8r

eg8r
06-07-2011, 12:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">crying for his mistress, on camera, I really felt for her, and was so proud that she didn't follow the standard REpublican wife, standing there by him for the camera</div></div>I believe hillary is a democrat, yep she definitely is. Wow, talk about stand by your cheating man. Hillary had been doing it for decades.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-07-2011, 01:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">crying for his mistress, on camera, I really felt for her, and was so proud that she didn't follow the standard REpublican wife, standing there by him for the camera</div></div>I believe hillary is a democrat, yep she definitely is. Wow, talk about stand by your cheating man. Hillary had been doing it for decades.

eg8r </div></div>

Ed,

I was praising Sanford's wife.

Hillary, to my knowledge, didn't come out and stand in front of the Photographers, next to Bill, when he acknowledged his bad bahavior.

As far as Hillary goes, I felt very sorry for her as well.

I would be crushed, if I had to face such embarrassment, and heartache, publically.

I always feel sorry for the families involved, and the wives, Repub, or Dem.

What I don't like to see, is the wives, standing there in all of their humiliation, right next to the cheaters, when they admit to what they have done.

I wouldn't do it, and I don't respect it when other women do it.

To me, it's phony, when you know damn well, most of those wives would rather be stangling those men, at that moment.

That is why I gave accolades to both Mrs. Sanford, and to Elizabeth Edwards.

As for Hillary, I have read a lot about Hillary, but IIRC, her statements suggest that she never doubted Bill, until the Monica incident.

I don't judge the women who stay, that is their own decision, I just don't think any of us knows what goes on between a man and wife, for sure.

I am just saying, wives, posing with the philanderers, at the moment of humiliation, turns me off completely.

Just my POV.

G.

LWW
06-07-2011, 04:35 PM
The reason a democrook gets more of a pass on this is a key part of their base is the Larry Flynt - Bob Guccione - NAMBLA crowd.

LWW
06-07-2011, 04:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Michele Obama, as well, has tried to keep her children out of the limelight.

G. </div></div>

That was funny:

http://www.mkrob.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/obama.jpg http://blisted.breakthrough.tv/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/michelle-obama-with-daughters.jpg http://blackcelebritykids.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/obama-mr-president.jpg http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_D0HJf-jafTY/TNrLM5ZN1GI/AAAAAAAAAdY/QeLGMMvdsyg/s1600/obama+daughters.jpg

Sid_Vicious
06-07-2011, 05:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personal life... I really don't care! If ol' boy wants to show off his goods, then more power to him. If someone wants to get spanked and gagged, let them have at it. As long as what someone does in their personal life is within the bounds of the law... then so what as long as they are doing their job when on the clock?

Sack </div></div>

First off, I thinK the dude should resign or be forced to resign. Does this crap he did affect his job? Overall, it indicates a deviant nature even though he didn't physically encounter any of these women. Having said that, the Rebublican who was busted for playing footsey in the airport men's room stalls was far worse. What Wiener did was about as common as can be, even though he did it to an extreme for a grown adult, so I say, lose this guy...he is bad baggage. Still, for a republican such as that one caught picking up men in the men's room stalls...well, that is pathetic.

Btw. The lying about it by Wiener was a normal response. Most everyone haS a skeleton in their closet, but these kinds of skeletons? I think everyone would have tried to ignore it and lie to make it go away. Look at the issue with the Catholic priests buggering alter boys. They have a bigger boss than us, and did they openly admit that junk to anyone, much less be kicked out of their jobs? THAT WAS AND PROBABLY STILL IS, REAL SICK REALITY! sid