PDA

View Full Version : Colbert Defends Sarah Palin's Paul Revere Story

Qtec
06-08-2011, 04:00 AM
LMAO (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/07/colbert-sarah-palin-paul-revere-video_n_872375.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Say what you will about Sarah Palin, she's got to be doing something right to inspire such intense support. She's so beloved by her fans, in fact, that when she gets her American history facts wrong, they simply decide it's best to change history so that she becomes retroactively correct.

After her now infamous, "ringin' those bells, ringin' those bells," statement, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Palin supporters went on Wikipedia and altered Paul Revere's entry so that it reflected her embellishments to the story. Meanwhile, Palin herself has stridently defended her bells-and-warning-shots version of history, taking the celebrated GOP strategy of framing the debate a step further by framing the facts, which we weren't aware you could do.
</span>
Of course, Colbert is always ahead of the curve and he totally gets it. He even picked up where Palin & Co. left off after they were foiled by the Wikipedia nerd police:

Unfortunately, the hardcore fact addicts at Wikipedia have undone the changes and locked Paul Revere's page. Which is why I want all of you to go to the Wikipedia page for "bells" and make sure it reads, "Bells: Used by Paul Revere to warn the British that hey, you're not going to succeed in taking our guns. USA! USA!"

And in an act of devotion not dissimilar to a Palin supporter, Colbert Nation responded within a minute.

Watch the whole clip below which culminates in Colbert showing exactly how Paul Revere could have accomplished riding a horse, firing and reloading a musket, and ringing a bell all at the same time.

WATCH: </div></div>

LOL

Q

LWW
06-08-2011, 05:06 AM
Still mistaking the Comedy Channel for a news channel eh?

Qtec
06-08-2011, 05:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still mistaking the Comedy Channel for a news channel eh? </div></div>

Just like Palin. You can NEVER admit you were wrong, even when the whole world knows you are talking crap.

Palin's quote was just another brick in the wall piece of evidence that she is an idiot.

No gotcha question here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Morning Joe crew weighed in on Sarah Palin’s Paul Revere story with laughter and pleas for the footage to stop. After seeing Palin’s initial comment that Revere “warned the British,” Joe Scarborough said “it’s just painful – wait was the defense as painful as the answer?”

<u>Willie Geist introduced the clip of Palin’s defense by reminding the panel that the original question asked of Palin was </u><span style='font-size: 14pt'>“What have you seen so far today and what are you going to take away from your visit?”</span> <u>Palin defended her answer by saying </u><span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style="color: #990000">“And in a shout-out, gotcha-type of question</span> that was asked of me, I answered candidly. And I know my American history.”</span> Mika Brzezinski asked Geist “please just don’t show this to us,” while Mark Halperin joked “it was a gotcha question, that cannot be disputed.” Scarborough couldn’t contain his laughter, concluding: </div></div>

link...... (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/joe-scarborough-on-palins-paul-revere-defense-everything-is-a-gotcha-question-with-her/)

The woman is everything that's wrong with DC.

Q

LWW
06-08-2011, 05:53 AM
Yet nobody can explain what she said that was inaccurate?

Qtec
06-08-2011, 06:10 AM
LOL

Q

LWW
06-08-2011, 06:16 AM
Nobody thought you could.

Gayle in MD
06-08-2011, 07:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still mistaking the Comedy Channel for a news channel eh? </div></div>

Just like Palin. You can NEVER admit you were wrong, even when the whole world knows you are talking crap.

Palin's quote was just another brick in the wall piece of evidence that she is an idiot.

No gotcha question here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Morning Joe crew weighed in on Sarah Palin’s Paul Revere story with laughter and pleas for the footage to stop. After seeing Palin’s initial comment that Revere “warned the British,” Joe Scarborough said “it’s just painful – wait was the defense as painful as the answer?”

<u>Willie Geist introduced the clip of Palin’s defense by reminding the panel that the original question asked of Palin was </u><span style='font-size: 14pt'>“What have you seen so far today and what are you going to take away from your visit?”</span> <u>Palin defended her answer by saying </u><span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style="color: #990000">“And in a shout-out, gotcha-type of question</span> that was asked of me, I answered candidly. And I know my American history.”</span> Mika Brzezinski asked Geist “please just don’t show this to us,” while Mark Halperin joked “it was a gotcha question, that cannot be disputed.” Scarborough couldn’t contain his laughter, concluding: </div></div>

link...... (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/joe-scarborough-on-palins-paul-revere-defense-everything-is-a-gotcha-question-with-her/)

The woman is everything that's wrong with DC.

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just like Palin. You can NEVER admit you were wrong, even when the whole world knows you are talking crap.

</div></div>

They're all like that.

Sara's a joke, and the whole world knows it.

Just look at the part of the country that believes she's brilliant! Same dummies who still think the President isn't a citizen.

Colbert was hilarious!

Everyone knows, Palin screwed it up AGAIN!

Gotcha question?

LMAO!

She's a trip! They all are.

LWW
06-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Nobody thought you could either.

Gayle in MD
06-08-2011, 08:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> LMAO (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/07/colbert-sarah-palin-paul-revere-video_n_872375.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Say what you will about Sarah Palin, she's got to be doing something right to inspire such intense support. She's so beloved by her fans, in fact, that when she gets her American history facts wrong, they simply decide it's best to change history so that she becomes retroactively correct.

After her now infamous, "ringin' those bells, ringin' those bells," statement, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Palin supporters went on Wikipedia and altered Paul Revere's entry so that it reflected her embellishments to the story. Meanwhile, Palin herself has stridently defended her bells-and-warning-shots version of history, taking the celebrated GOP strategy of framing the debate a step further by framing the facts, which we weren't aware you could do.
</span>
Of course, Colbert is always ahead of the curve and he totally gets it. He even picked up where Palin & Co. left off after they were foiled by the Wikipedia nerd police:

Unfortunately, the hardcore fact addicts at Wikipedia have undone the changes and locked Paul Revere's page. Which is why I want all of you to go to the Wikipedia page for "bells" and make sure it reads, "Bells: Used by Paul Revere to warn the British that hey, you're not going to succeed in taking our guns. USA! USA!"

And in an act of devotion not dissimilar to a Palin supporter, Colbert Nation responded within a minute.

Watch the whole clip below which culminates in Colbert showing exactly how Paul Revere could have accomplished riding a horse, firing and reloading a musket, and ringing a bell all at the same time.

WATCH: </div></div>

LOL

Q </div></div>

Like all of the righties here, she was wrong, and refuses to admit it.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/06/raw-politics-historian-sets-record-straight-for-palin/

LWW
06-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Rather than linking to a repeat of a news show you wouldn't/didn't understand ... how about, in your own words-no spoon feeding, explain where she was wrong?

I already know the answer ... but none of you have the testicular/ovarian fortitude to repeat it because you realize how completely stupid the reasoning is.

But, I'll gladly give you the opportunity to embarrass yourself. Again.

Soflasnapper
06-08-2011, 05:32 PM
"When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, did we quit? Hell, no!"

--Bluto, 'Animal House'

LWW: Bluto was right! Pearl Harbor WAS bombed, and we DID NOT QUIT!

LWW
06-09-2011, 03:34 AM
And your point was?

Qtec
06-09-2011, 03:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And your point was? </div></div>

Don't you get it?

I thought it was pretty clear.

Q

LWW
06-09-2011, 04:24 AM
That the left's PDS is sophomoric and spiteful, fueled by fear, and devoid of integrity?

I agree then.