PDA

View Full Version : For My Friends...Should Vitter Resign?

Gayle in MD
06-09-2011, 03:12 AM
I think if they force Weiner to resign, Vitter should resign, as well.

Cantor and Graham, should be forced to come out of the closet, by answering the questions they have refused to answer, ARE you a homosexual.

Boehner should be forced to answer the questions about his Lobbyist mistressES.

Breitbart, should be forced to pull down his pants, and prove his has a weiner in there, and Coulter should have to do the same, to prove she doesn't have a weiner in there.

And Former Repuglican Senator Barr and his wife, should be arrested for murder.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
06-09-2011, 03:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think if they force Weiner to resign, Vitter should resign, as well.</div></div>

With what the mole is telling me, I'm not sure you have any friends here ... but I'll humor you since when you last asked for help on your functions not working I was the only one who offered to help you. That, and you continue to read every post I make. I appreciate that.

I think Vitter and Weiner both should resign, but neither represent my district so I have no real say other than an opinion.

LWW
06-09-2011, 04:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cantor and Graham, should be forced to come out of the closet, by answering the questions they have refused to answer, ARE you a homosexual. </div></div>

Couldn't avoid the homophobia and gay bashing in pursuit of partisanship could you.

LWW
06-09-2011, 04:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boehner should be forced to answer the questions about his Lobbyist mistressES.</div></div>

Do you have evidence that they exist?

What's that?

It was on the spoon?

I understand.

If and when the evidence is presented, he should answer.

Until then we can only assume it doesn't exist, as if there was the tiniest shred of same it would be plastered across MSNBC.

LWW
06-09-2011, 04:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Breitbart, should be forced to pull down his pants, and prove his has a weiner in there, and Coulter should have to do the same, to prove she doesn't have a weiner in there.</div></div>

Please keep your lewd slurs to yourself.

Why do you fear successful women?

Why aren'y you applauding a journalist who exposed Weinergate?

Your hypocrisy seems to know no bounds.

LWW
06-09-2011, 04:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And Former Repuglican Senator Barr and his wife, should be arrested for murder.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div>

WTH are you talking about now?

This otter be good.

Qtec
06-09-2011, 04:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no real say other than an opinion. </div></div>

That's all you ever had.

Q

Gayle in MD
06-09-2011, 04:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no real say other than an opinion. </div></div>

That's all you ever had.

Q </div></div>

About any subject, lol, and an irrational one at that, I'm sure.

pooltchr
06-09-2011, 06:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cantor and Graham, should be forced to come out of the closet, by answering the questions they have refused to answer, ARE you a homosexual. </div></div>

Couldn't avoid the homophobia and gay bashing in pursuit of partisanship could you. </div></div>

I seem to recall a time when Gayle was crying that a politicians sex life should not matter. I also recall her stating on here that one of her favorite passtimes was to watch various politicians on tv and try to guess if they were straight or gay! Se seems somewhat obsessed with homosexuality.

Maybe it's time for her to come out of the closet!

Steve

Soflasnapper
06-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Ed Schultz, just back from temporary suspension, immediately as of Weiner's first press conference confession, called for Weiner's resignation for this term, saying if he wants to re-run for next term, he should do so as a former incumbent.

The three Democratic pundits or political advisor types he had on with him condemned Weiner's stupidity, especially as to the approx. 6 day coverup lying, but noted that others had not resigned, even over matters of criminal behavior. (Vitter, and others).

My take is that this certainly rises to the level of shame and disgrace that does justify resignation, apart from the question of criminality. It's also enough of a topic of derision that it may be in the interest of the Democratic Party to try to get him to resign.

But short of a vote for expulsion, the parties have nothing but moral suasion and adding further humiliation to force that, plus maybe withholding party resources to aid re-election. Any member who refuses to go can hold on, and then perhaps the party would look impotent as it thunders he should go, and then he doesn't.

I am neutral on this subject. But just as a political matter, if he were to resign, the seat is likely to remain on the (D) side. So there would be no loss for the party then, and the main effect would be to assure Weiner has no chance to become mayor of NY. Not that there is much chance of that now in any regard.

The parties can pay a price for their immoral members remaining in office, as the opposition can highlight their moral failings in campaign advertisements. Iirc, Vitter already had a race in which it WAS brought up, and was still re-elected, isn't that so?

eg8r
06-09-2011, 01:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weiner's stupidity, especially as to the approx. 6 day coverup lying, but noted that others had not resigned, even over matters of criminal behavior. (Vitter, and others).

My take is that this certainly rises to the level of shame and disgrace that does justify resignation, apart from the question of criminality. It's also enough of a topic of derision that it may be in the interest of the Democratic Party to try to get him to resign.
</div></div>Did you feel the same about Clinton? If not, what is the difference?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-09-2011, 03:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ed Schultz, just back from temporary suspension, immediately as of Weiner's first press conference confession, called for Weiner's resignation for this term, saying if he wants to re-run for next term, he should do so as a former incumbent.

The three Democratic pundits or political advisor types he had on with him condemned Weiner's stupidity, especially as to the approx. 6 day coverup lying, but noted that others had not resigned, even over matters of criminal behavior. (Vitter, and others).

But short of a vote for expulsion, the parties have nothing but moral suasion and adding further humiliation to force that, plus maybe withholding party resources to aid re-election. Any member who refuses to go can hold on, and then perhaps the party would look impotent as it thunders he should go, and then he doesn't.

I am neutral on this subject. But just as a political matter, if he were to resign, the seat is likely to remain on the (D) side. So there would be no loss for the party then, and the main effect would be to assure Weiner has no chance to become mayor of NY. Not that there is much chance of that now in any regard.

The parties can pay a price for their immoral members remaining in office, as the opposition can highlight their moral failings in campaign advertisements. Iirc, Vitter already had a race in which it WAS brought up, and was still re-elected, isn't that so?

</div></div>

You make many good points, friend.

Yes, I saw the Ed show. Dems don't handle these things the way Repubs do. Repubs either just pretend they never happened, or they give standing ovations, for law breakers, like they did for Vitter, after it came out that he was not only going to prostitutes in D.C., but in Alabama, as well, or at least I think it was Alabama, IIRC.

I am taking this very hard, about Weiner. He was one of the most dedicated people on the Hill, as far as standing up for the common man.

I recall how great he was, when he stood up for our First Responders, from 9/11, back when the Repiglicans were trying to see that they got no financial support, for their on-going health issues, from breathing in all of the toxins in the air, as they were trying to rescue fellow New Yorkers, many of them were NYFD and Policemen.

Such a good man, yet what he did was so foolish.

It's really a shame.

I saw one poll where the majority in NY, didn't want him to resign, but thought he should scrap the run for Mayor.

I, for one, hope he stays, as long as nothing illegal comes out.

Why should he resign, when neither Vitter, Colburn, Boehner, Craig, Sanford, Gingrich, just to name a few, never resigned?

Ensign, refused to resign, and didn't, until he knew there was going to be a Federal Investigation.

Sort of reminds one of Palin, doesn't it? She didn't leave, either, until she knew investigations would expose her unethical, illegal behavior.

Like you said, IIARIOK. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

G.

Gayle in MD
06-09-2011, 03:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cantor and Graham, should be forced to come out of the closet, by answering the questions they have refused to answer, ARE you a homosexual. </div></div>

Couldn't avoid the homophobia and gay bashing in pursuit of partisanship could you. </div></div>

I seem to recall a time when Gayle was crying that a politicians sex life should not matter. I also recall her stating on here that one of her favorite passtimes was to watch various politicians on tv and try to guess if they were straight or gay! Se seems somewhat obsessed with homosexuality.

Maybe it's time for her to come out of the closet!

Steve </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also recall her stating on here that one of her favorite passtimes was to watch various politicians on tv and try to guess if they were straight or gay! </div></div>

You're such a LIAR!

Both of you. Two filthy, common, Schmucks!

Why is there no forum peace, LMAO!

Two hypocrites!

I always stand up for gay rights. And I've never written any such thing.

But then, we all know what LIARS you both are.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

LWW
06-09-2011, 04:18 PM
You were the one calling for hearings demanding people stating which team they were on.

I don't think it has any relevance, unless they start acting like Bawnie Fwank and allowing gay prostitution rings to operate from their condo.

pooltchr
06-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Those of us who pay attention, know you said it.

Your memory is slipping, when you can't even remember your own posts.

Seek professional help!

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-09-2011, 04:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those of us who pay attention, know you said it.

Your memory is slipping, when you can't even remember your own posts.

Seek professional help!

Steve </div></div>

They don't have enough Psychologists and Psychiatrists in North Carolina, to straighten you out, Bubba. You're hopeless.

G.

Gayle in MD
06-10-2011, 12:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weiner's stupidity, especially as to the approx. 6 day coverup lying, but noted that others had not resigned, even over matters of criminal behavior. (Vitter, and others).

</div></div>Did you feel the same about Clinton? If not, what is the difference?

eg8r </div></div>

Clinton's sexual behavior did not include breaking the law.

It was strictly a he said/she said situation.

Vitter, OTOH, broke the law, both in Alabama, and in Washington D.C., by going to prostitutes.

He then refused to resign, and is still in office.

Why should Weiner resign.

They all use their office phones, and other Federal owned equipment, Faxes, E-mails, etc. for personal business.

Telling lies, about ones private sex life, is not against the law.

Weiner hasn't done anything so outrageous, he didn't break the law, like Vitter did, so far as we know, and actually, unless it is proven that WEiner was a predatory sex offender of underage kids, there is no law that he has broken.

AND we have no proof that Clinton ever "Forced" sex upon anyone, or broke the law by going to a prostitute.

Consenting adults.

G.

Qtec
06-10-2011, 01:20 AM
link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alec-baldwin/anthony-weiner-twitter-_b_873932.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weiner is the modern, high functioning man. The fact that he is married is just one, albeit a huge, factor. I know many people who divorce over such issues of online betrayal. Appointment sex with your spouse doesn't always arrive when you need it most. A modern cell phone, loaded with contacts of willing fellow players, has a table with a red checkered table cloth ready for you at virtually any time.

We tell ourselves that these devices help us communicate more effectively. What they actually do is allow us to bypass the person lying right next to us, across the room from us or at an airport heading home to us, in order to meet our immediate, even inconvenient, needs. To bypass their moods, their current view of us and their own desires, or lack thereof.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Weiner is a modern human being. So he ensnared himself in things that modern humans do. When I first heard about his problems, I snickered and made jokes, too. Now, I'm sad for him, his family, his district and his colleagues.

Let he who is without sin.....</span> </div></div>

Once again, very little forgiveness from the Christian GOP and the Christian Dems.

How many GOP anti-abortionists would be only too willing for the prostitute/mistress they impregnated, to have an abortion ?

I can take liars but not hypocrites.

Clinton.
Spitzer.
Edwards.
Weiner.

Anyone who is a star for the Dems gets targeted.

Q.............

pooltchr
06-10-2011, 06:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q.............

</div></div>

Only when they do something stupid!

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-10-2011, 07:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alec-baldwin/anthony-weiner-twitter-_b_873932.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weiner is the modern, high functioning man. The fact that he is married is just one, albeit a huge, factor. I know many people who divorce over such issues of online betrayal. Appointment sex with your spouse doesn't always arrive when you need it most. A modern cell phone, loaded with contacts of willing fellow players, has a table with a red checkered table cloth ready for you at virtually any time.

We tell ourselves that these devices help us communicate more effectively. What they actually do is allow us to bypass the person lying right next to us, across the room from us or at an airport heading home to us, in order to meet our immediate, even inconvenient, needs. To bypass their moods, their current view of us and their own desires, or lack thereof.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Weiner is a modern human being. So he ensnared himself in things that modern humans do. When I first heard about his problems, I snickered and made jokes, too. Now, I'm sad for him, his family, his district and his colleagues.

Once again, very little forgiveness from the Christian GOP and the Christian Dems.

How many GOP anti-abortionists would be only too willing for the prostitute/mistress they impregnated, to have an abortion ?

Clinton.
Spitzer.
Edwards.
Weiner.

Q.............

</div></div>

Hypocrisy seems to be in the DNA of the right.

Ugly responses, and slander to any opposition.... it's the Hallmark of their politics.

I think most well adjusted, fail minded people, are repulsed by the Barbour, Christie, Palin, Coulter and Breitbarts of the world.

Did you see Piers Morgan, trying to have a "decent" discussion with Coulter, attempting to call her attention to her own irrational, demonizing hatespeak? She can't have a discussion, without her vicious attacks on Liberals????

That Piers Morgan show was like watching a documentary on John Dean's book, Conservatives Without Conscience, in the flesh.

IIARIOK!

G.

Gayle in MD
06-10-2011, 07:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alec-baldwin/anthony-weiner-twitter-_b_873932.html)

Clinton.
Spitzer.
Edwards.
Weiner.

Q.............

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Once again, very little forgiveness from the Christian GOP and the Christian Dems.

</div></div>

Well, we know that all a Christian has to do is cry, have a talk with "God" and then come back out there and tell us God has forgiven them. Then it's all A-OK, like it never happened. O'Reilly? Yapping about Weiner?!! What a crock!

LMAO!

eg8r
06-10-2011, 08:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once again, very little forgiveness from the Christian GOP and the Christian Dems.
</div></div>What do the Christian GOP need to offer forgiveness for? Did Weiner do something wrong by them? No. Do you understand what the word means?

eg8r

LWW
06-10-2011, 08:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clinton.
Spitzer.
Edwards.
Weiner.

Q.............

</div></div>

By whom?

How is it done?

Soflasnapper
06-10-2011, 09:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weiner's stupidity, especially as to the approx. 6 day coverup lying, but noted that others had not resigned, even over matters of criminal behavior. (Vitter, and others).

eg8r </div></div>

That's a great question, and one that should be asked of those demanding Weiner's resignation, if they also called for Clinton's (none of them did, because iirc, no Democrats in office called for him to resign. Lieberman was famed for condemning him in the harshest moral terms, but calling for a censure instead.)

Basically, yes, for my part.

When I found out the story, I felt it like a hit to the gut. Betrayed, angry, sick to my stomach. Of course, it rose to a level of disgrace for which resignation was appropriate, imo. It was made worse by lawyerly parsing of words, as we all remember.

Upon further consideration, I decided it was better NOT to resign (although it still would have been appropriate), because it was a kind of attempt at a rolling coup d'etat. A real test of the smear machine, as the entire media lined up to put their full weight into removing a president for something I didn't think was an impeachable offense (an offense worthy of resignation still, but not a high crime misusing his office).

That's why I am still neutral on that question for Weiner. Especially when he, like Clinton, has close to a 2-1 support level from his constituents who say he should stay (or not be impeached, in the case of Clinton).

One cannot give scalp trophies to the smear machine without emboldening them to worse abuses.

Gayle in MD
06-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Why should Weiner resign, when there was no sexual contact, at all?

Well, one thing is for sure. If Repubs want smaller government, all they have to do is force every liar, closeted Gay, pedophile, Phliandering husband, and sex addict on The Hill, to resign.

Presto! No government! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

And hey, why stop with Government? Let's also make every Corporate CEO who has lied, or is a sex deviant of some sort, to also resign.

And hey, why stop there? Let's also make every sex deviant and liar in the media, resign, too.

And hey, then we could do the same with religious leaders! OMG, The end of organized religion.

Poof!

No government, no corporate leaders, no religious leaders, no Wall St.....

Women could then take over the world, LOL. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
JK... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
06-10-2011, 09:39 AM
IMHO, conservatively 70% of congress should resign on the grounds that they have abandoned their pledge to follow and defend the COTUS.

eg8r
06-10-2011, 11:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> put their full weight into removing a president for something I didn't think was an impeachable offense</div></div>So you don't think perjury and obstructing justice is an impeachable offense? Weird.

I personally don't think Weiner should resign. How many people here on the board would quit their job if they were caught doing something they were not supposed to do? I say leave it up to the voters.

eg8r

eg8r
06-10-2011, 11:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why should Weiner resign, when there was no sexual contact, at all?
</div></div>By this definition then you would have supported all calls for Clinton to resign?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
06-10-2011, 11:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> put their full weight into removing a president for something I didn't think was an impeachable offense</div></div>So you don't think perjury and obstructing justice is an impeachable offense? Weird.

I personally don't think Weiner should resign. How many people here on the board would quit their job if they were caught doing something they were not supposed to do? I say leave it up to the voters.

eg8r </div></div>

I deny there was obstruction of justice, perjury in an illegal perjury trap is mitigated, and neither such act(s) rose to the level of a high crime. They were low crimes if anything, personal crimes, not attacking the state or its institutions, and something anybody could do without being the president of the United States. (That is, not using the powers of the presidency against the people or the country.)

Linda Tripp was in attendance all that day when Starr and his FBI team arrested Lewinsky, and then was driven by those same FBI guys afterwards directly to the Jones legal team to spill everything she had learned, prepping them for the deposition that occurred the very next day. The prosecution was a setup, and Starr's team colluded with the Jones legal team. Grave prosecutorial misconduct.

Jones was not harmed by Clinton's lying, because she and her team were not misled, having heard the entire story directly from Tripp through Starr's agency. Not to mention that she literally had no case, having it dismissed on summary judgment for not stating a true cause of action.

LWW
06-10-2011, 02:00 PM
But it's an imprisonable offense to misstate a date involving a non covert agent not being outed months after the prosecutor had learned the ID of the leaker they were empowered to find?

This is why the far left has no credibility on any issue ... I can see how someone thinks Clinton was victimized, and I can see how someone could believe Libby was guilty.

I can't see how anyone could believe both. If you judge Libby by the standard used to claim Clinton was set up ... then Libby is obviously innocent.

If you use the strict standard to say Libby was guilty, then certainly Clinton was.

Soflasnapper
06-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Libby concocted a convoluted tale with great detail, which simply had to be a witting lie, based on all the evidence. Clearly enough, misremembering a date is not perjury, but he invented a whole parallel universe of people telling him things, conversations that didn't happen according to multiple other people, etc.

Had Patrick Fitzgerald let people sit in on his interrogations and then had his subordinates drive them to brief Valerie and husband for use in their civil suit (not saying they had one, but...), THEN you would have a comparable situation.

LWW
06-10-2011, 05:49 PM
You used to work for the "MINTRUTH" didn't you ... either that or they spoon feed you "TRUTH" on these things.

Back to reality:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Richard Armitage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>For nearly the entire time of his investigation, Fitzgerald knew independent of me the identity of the sources I used in my column of July 14, 2003.</span> <span style='font-size: 11pt'>That Fitzgerald did not indict any of these sources may indicate his conclusion that none of them violated the Intelligence Identities Protection Act.... In my sworn testimony, I said what I have contended in my columns and on television: Joe Wilson's wife's role in instituting her husband's mission was revealed to me in the middle of a long interview with an official who I have previously said was not a political gunslinger. After the federal investigation was announced, he told me through a third party that the disclosure was inadvertent on his part. Following my interview with the primary source, I sought out the second administration official and the CIA spokesman for confirmation.</span><span style='font-size: 14pt'> I learned Valerie Plame's name from Joe Wilson's entry in "Who's Who in America."</span> </div></div>

So, when the prosecutor knew what he was empowered to learn, and had no indictable case against anyone for anything, he continued ... hoping against hope to find anything.

The best he could come up with was Libby saying he first learned Plame's name in July from Russery when it actually was June from Cheney.

Neither Libby, Cheney, nor Russert was the leak ... and the prosecutor knew this.

Libby's statements had zero to do with the obstruction of justice since the prosecutor that no justice had been obstructed, no crime had been committed, Plame was not covert and had not been outed.

Would you now like to discuss what Clinton actually did lie about?

Soflasnapper
06-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Why did a jury convict Libby, then?

He certainly had able counsel defending him. Why couldn't the jury see a miscarriage of justice (in your view) was about to take place?

Gayle in MD
06-10-2011, 11:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why should Weiner resign, when there was no sexual contact, at all?
</div></div>By this definition then you would have supported all calls for Clinton to resign?

eg8r </div></div>

Apples and oranges. No comparison between what Clinton did, and what Weiner did.

Additionally, I'm totally disgusted with the Repiglican corrupted, Department of Justice, which has been used as nothing but a political tool, by Repiglicans, going all the way back to Nixon.

If anyone should have been impeached, it was Ronald Reagan, and George W. Bush!

Both committed High Crimes.

What Clinton did, was nothing that numerous previous presidents didn't do, going all the way back to Thomas Jefferson.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

There was no Fox News, back then. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

LWW
06-11-2011, 02:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why did a jury convict Libby, then?

He certainly had able counsel defending him. Why couldn't the jury see a miscarriage of justice (in your view) was about to take place? </div></div>

Read my comments on comparing Libby to Clinton and you will find enlightenment grasshopper.

LWW
06-11-2011, 02:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What Clinton did, was nothing that numerous previous presidents didn't do, going all the way back to Thomas Jefferson.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
</div></div>

Jefferson lied under oath about whether or not he had used political power to help find gubmint employment for a GF to buy her silence as he had attempted to do for Paula Jones, and did it in a sexual harassment case against hime?

REALLY?

Not even you actually believe that one ... but it reminds me of something someone once said here:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you have no point, shut up.

G. </div></div>

eg8r
06-12-2011, 04:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apples and oranges. No comparison between what Clinton did, and what Weiner did.
</div></div>LOL it always it with you.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-13-2011, 12:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apples and oranges. No comparison between what Clinton did, and what Weiner did.
</div></div>LOL it always it with you.

eg8r </div></div>

No, it always is with you, Ed.

Weiner didn't have any kind of sex with anyone.

We can't say that for Vitter, now can we?

Can't say that for Sanford, either, can we?

Can't say that for Ensign, Gingrich, Craig, Foley, the list goes on and on.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif