PDA

View Full Version : Correcting leftist lies II

LWW
06-14-2011, 10:38 AM
A certain hyper-partisan member recently claimed that 70% of the guns confiscated in Mexico in 2010 were somehow the fault of <s>Emmanuel Goldstein</s> <s>Satan</s> <s>Hitler</s> <s>Beelzebub</s> George Dubya Bush and r<s>eich wing militant enemies of the people</s> licensed gun shop owners.

Unimaginably, they are somehow unaware that Bush was no longer POTUS, but they also bury their head in the collective sand to ignore this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>Damning, newly-obtained emails show that a key gun shop owner made explicit concerns in writing last year in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms' "gunwalking" scandal.</span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Starting in late 2009, ATF allegedly directed an undetermined number of Phoenix-area gun shop owners to go ahead with sales of thousands of assault rifles and other weapons to suspicious buyers. Insiders claim ATF knew the buyers were connected to Mexico's drug cartels, but let the guns "walk" onto the street anyway</span> in a misguided attempt to obtain intelligence. ATF and the Justice Department have denied that.

Investigators from Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa) obtained the emails this week.

In an April 13, 2010 email, the unnamed gun shop owner told ATF he was worried how he'd be viewed if the guns he sold ended up in the wrong hands.

"We just want to make sure we are cooperating with ATF and that we are not viewed as selling to bad guys," the gun shop owner wrote to ATF Phoenix Supervisor David Voth. The gun shop owner asked for a letter of understanding to "alleviate concerns of some type of recourse against us down the road for selling these items."

ATF Supervisor Voth tried to reassure the cooperating gun shop owner. "I understand that the frequency with which some individuals under investigation by our office have been purchasing firearms from your business has caused concerns for you... However, if helps put you at east we (ATF) are continually monitoring these suspects using a variety of investigative techniques which I cannot go into [in] detail."

According to Sen. Grassley, in a letter fired off to Attorney General Eric Holder last night, the <span style='font-size: 11pt'>ATF arranged a meeting between the gun shop owner and the U.S. Attorney's office which is part of the Justice Department. At that meeting, Sen. Grassley says the U.S. Attorney's office declined to provide written terms but assured the gun dealer there were safeguards in place to prevent further distribution of the weapons being purchased from his business.</span>

"As we now know, those assurances provide to be untrue," Grassley wrote.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Two months later, on June 17, 2010, the same gun shop owner again wrote ATF's Supervisor Voth again after he saw a Fox News report about firearms and the border. The gun shop owner called the report "disturbing" and stated "When you [Voth], [the Assistant U.S. Attorney], and I met on May 13th [2010], I shared my concerns with you guys that I wanted to make sure that none of the firearms that were sold per our conversation with you and various ATF agents could or would ever end up south of the border or in the hands of the bad guys... I want to help ATF with its investigation but not at the risk of agents' safety because I have some very close friends that are U.S. Border Patrol Agents in southern AZ."</span>

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>This was six months before Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was gunned down near the Arizona border.</span> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Two assault rifles that ATF had allegedly let "walk" were found at the scene.</span>

The gun shop owner also stated there were "one or two" occasions on which his employees witnessed and recorded with surveillance cameras an exchange of money between a suspect and another individual on the premises; but the dealer said <span style='font-size: 14pt'>ATF officials wanted him to proceed with this so-called "straw" purchase. Buying a weapon for personal use and then transferring it to somebody else is against the law.</span>

In his letter, Grassley told Attorney General Holder: "In light of this new evidence, the Justice Departments' claim that the ATF never knowingly sanctioned or allowed the sale of assault weapons to straw purchasers is simply not credible."
At left, Grassley discusses the scandal and new emails on the Senate floor.

So far, Grassley and Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who is also investigating the gunwalking scandal, say they have received little to no meaningful response to their document and information requests from ATF and the Department of Justice. Earlier this week when the Justice Department turned over selected materials to Rep. Issa's staff, sources say Grassley's staff were now allowed entry or access to the same materials.

In response to a question about the alleged gunwalking, President Obama has said a "serious mistake" may have been made, and that neither he nor Holder authorized any such operation. Holder has said the Inspector General is investigating.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20053961-10391695.html#ixzz1PGicdzoG </div></div>

So, the truth seems to be that:

- The gun shop owners performed as patriots with due diligence.

- The regime acted in what can at best be massive incompetence.

- The guns that made it south did so because the regime wanted it to happen.

- People will almost certainly be killed with these weapons for years.

- One American hero is already dead from this.

- The O-cult is incapable of discerning reality on the issue.

Soflasnapper
06-14-2011, 12:17 PM
So, the truth seems to be that:

- <s>The </s>[ONE] gun shop owner<s>s</s> performed as [A] patriot<s>s</s> with due diligence. [This doesn't assure that less patriotic, more venal, gun shop owners performed in a responsible fashion, rather than enabling exactly this kind of sale to questionable 'buyers' in the past, including throughout the duration of W's reign.]

- The <s>regime</s> [BATF] acted in what can <s>at best</s> be characterized as massive incompetence[, although other possibilities exist as well and have not been ruled out to date.]

- The guns that made it south did so because the <s>regime</s> [BATF] wanted it to happen[, or out of negligence, or for another reason we haven't yet heard.]

- People will almost certainly be killed with these weapons for years.

- One American hero is already dead from this.

- The [hysterical anti-] O-cult is incapable of discerning reality on the issue.

LWW
06-14-2011, 12:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style='font-size: 8pt'>
I MUST BLAME BUSH ...

I MUST DENY THE TRUTH ...

I MUST EMBRACE THE LIE ...

I MUST DEFEND THE REGIME ...

I MUST DEFEND DEAR LEADER ...

I MUST BLAME BUSH ...

I MUST DEFEND DEAR LEADER ...</span>

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>I MUST BLAME BUSH ...

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>I MUST BLAME BUSH ...

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>I MUST BLAME BUSH ...

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>I MUST BLAME BUSH ...

<span style='font-size: 23pt'>I MUST BLAME BUSH ...

I MUST DEFEND DEAR LEADER ...</span></div></div>

Soflasnapper
06-15-2011, 02:29 PM
And in your Bizarro-world universe, where black is white, left is right, all known Republicans are leftists, etc., I'm sure you have some point or another.

In this world, unfortunately, where everything you say is pretty much backwards to the facts, when you are caught torturing facts to say what they do not say, you say it is only some blind allegiance that causes you to be caught out on your manifold exaggerations and distortions?

It would be far more accurate to repeat your own burlesque of my supposed motivation for my views, as YOUR view, with a search and replace of Bush for Obama.

Isn't that true? Whenever you are correctly called out, you go to that excuse, that only blind allegiance to O, and blind opposition to W, could account for why anyone would mention that you've badly misrepresented the very facts and stories to which you link. Do you really have no answer, so as to need to stoop to the ad hominem attack lines? EVERY TIME???

We know the answer is, yes.

LWW
06-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Because the left has blind allegiance to Obama and the regime.

Don't blame me because I can see the obvious.

Meanwhile, you are stuck on the same level of stupid as the rest of the cabal in that you can't imagine that there is anyone who doesn't like Obama policy that also doesn't like Bush policy.

Soflasnapper
06-15-2011, 04:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because the left has blind allegiance to Obama and the regime.

Meanwhile, you are stuck on the same level of stupid as the rest of the cabal in that you can't imagine that there is anyone who doesn't like Obama policy that also doesn't like Bush policy. </div></div>

You don't understand that The Left (tm) opposed Obama for continuing Bush's policies in all-too-many regards, and that Obama is very far from The Left (tm) in almost every way.

Yet the Overton Window framing has him as uber-Left, just as it framed actual moderate Republican president Clinton in the same way.

Both Obama and Clinton were old-school Republicans to a considerable degree.

But remember, no one want to be around cranks.

Stretch
06-15-2011, 06:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because the left has blind allegiance to Obama and the regime.

Meanwhile, you are stuck on the same level of stupid as the rest of the cabal in that you can't imagine that there is anyone who doesn't like Obama policy that also doesn't like Bush policy. </div></div>

You don't understand that The Left (tm) opposed Obama for continuing Bush's policies in all-too-many regards, and that Obama is very far from The Left (tm) in almost every way.

Yet the Overton Window framing has him as uber-Left, just as it framed actual moderate Republican president Clinton in the same way.

Both Obama and Clinton were old-school Republicans to a considerable degree.

But remember, no one want to be around cranks. </div></div>

Even our new majority conservative government in Canada is WAY left of Obama. Although Dub took great pleasure in thinking that was a huge slap in the face of the more left among us, too funny. If the RW down their can't work with Obama who has consistantly given huge consessions on almost everything much to the chagrin of the hard liners, then i'm affraid they will not work with ANYONE. This all or nothing additude of the Right will sink them. St.