PDA

View Full Version : Comrade Biden initiates massive spending cuts!

LWW
06-15-2011, 06:55 AM
WHO KNEW? (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110614/od_afp/uspoliticsenvironmentanimalsoffbeat)

The EEEVILL <s>Emmanuel Goldstein</s> <s>Spawn of Satan</s> <s>Bushitler</s> <s>Father of All Lies</s> <s>Enemy of the People</s> George Bush destroyed the world economy, sending us to the precipice of a great depression, in large part by having a web page devoted to the desert turtle!

Luckily, under advisement from dear leader, Comrade Josef Biden has saved the day by eliminating this paragon of evil from the budget.

Of all the things in the US federal budget, THIS was deemed among the most crucial to eliminate!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As part of the White House's recently launched Campaign to Cut Waste, Vice President Joe Biden says one of his first wasteful spending targets is a website dedicated to the desert tortoise.

Biden, who was named by President Barack Obama to head up the campaign designed to identify and eliminate wasteful federal spending, said Monday that one example of such waste was a federally funded website dedicated to the desert tortoise, a threatened species.

In a message on the White House website entitled, "There's a New Sheriff in Town," Biden addressed potential cuts to spending. </div></div>

Qtec
06-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!

Just wipe 50 Grand off the Nat Debt''''''''''''''''LMAO

Q

Qtec
06-15-2011, 07:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The EEEVILL Emmanuel Goldstein Spawn of Satan Bushitler Father of All Lies Enemy of the People George Bush destroyed the world economy, sending us to the precipice of a great depression, in large part by having a web page devoted to the desert turtle!
</div></div>

Almost. Actually under Bush the greatest ever con was committed.

Q...History.

Sev
06-15-2011, 07:22 AM
Good to see Biden is being sent out to walk the plank.

He's sending whitely out to do the dirty work.

eg8r
06-15-2011, 08:10 AM
Which goes to show you how irresponsible our govnernment is with our taxpayer money. That website should have never costed that much to maintain.

eg8r

LWW
06-15-2011, 08:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which goes to show you how irresponsible our govnernment is with our taxpayer money. That website should have never costed that much to maintain.

eg8r </div></div>

Yes Comrade Eg ... the <span style='font-size: 14pt'>EEEVILL PIG-DOG BOOOOSH</span> treacherously used these desert turtles as one of the primary tools to destroy America!

Soflasnapper
06-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Gonna shock some by agreeing (a little) with this critique, because I am consistent, unlike those here complaining this is a trivial sum. It is, so I agree it's somewhat ridiculous, but that's not what you all said back then.

Back when these complained about some small bore government spending, I've always pointed out the insanely small amount of waste and proportional small amount of savings, which amounts to an 8th decimal place rounding error. The replies at that time were, hey, we've got to start somewhere! If you can eliminate a million of these million-dollar wasteful spending items, it does add up to real money! And etc.

No, it really doesn't.

So I join in deriding the impact of removing such tiny expenditures, while also sticking to my position that anything that's wasteful is best reduced or eliminated, and pointing out that the tune has changed for people here.