PDA

View Full Version : Palin's emails uncover no scandals so far

llotter
06-15-2011, 11:19 AM
It's been a few days of the drooling MSM pawing through those 24000 emails and the only thing they find is that they are well written but without scandal. The reason they are so surprised is that the Left invariably project their own crooked ways on everyone and if they don't find anything substantial, it will come out that she must be just too dumb to cheat.

Soflasnapper
06-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Yes, writing at an 8th grade level is evidently good writing. (Not being snarky-- that's what it measured out to, and that is what they say is a relatively high level of writing).

While there is nothing illegal so far, we don't have the entire text for even what was released (lots of redactions, the listing of how many takes several single-spaced pages).

And there are at least some embarrassing chapters on display, as when she pre-scripted a 'live' radio interview, had all the questions pre-written, and then read off her answers from a teleprompter! Funny, from the lady who criticized Obama's use of the teleprompter while, yes, reading that criticism off a teleprompter as well.

Gayle in MD
06-15-2011, 11:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's been a few days of the drooling MSM pawing through those 24000 emails and the only thing they find is that they are well written but without scandal. The reason they are so surprised is that the Left invariably project their own crooked ways on everyone and if they don't find anything substantial, it will come out that she must be just too dumb to cheat. </div></div>

LMAO! WHEN IT COMES TO REPIGLICAN CROOKS, THE LEFT DOESN'T HAVE TO PROJECT A DAMNED THING!

THE STATE OF Alaska annouonced they are investigating the MANY MISSIING E-MAILS.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/14/sarah-palin-emails-missing_n_877051.html

llotter
06-15-2011, 01:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“I’m a centrist Democrat, and would have loved to support my hunch that Ms. Palin is illiterate,” said 2tor Chief Executive Officer John Katzman.
“However, the emails say something else. Ms. Palin writes emails on her Blackberry at a grade level of 8.5.
“If she were a student and showing me her work, I‘d say ’It’s fine, clear writing,’” he said, admitting that emails he wrote scored lower than Palin’s on the widely used Flesch-Kincaid readability test.
While some would initially scoff or laugh at Palin’s grade-level assessment, past speakers and writers of note have scored comparably. Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address was a 9.1 and Martin Luther King’s famed “I have a Dream” came in at 8.8. Remember, Palin’s results were based on e-mails, not riveting speeches, so the fact that they score remotely close to the aforementioned works is intriguing . </div></div>

It would be interesting to compare the emails or forum entries of other politicians for both scandal and writing grade. Entries on a blackberry probably would be lower grade but it doesn't seem Palin's are below what is reasonable.

Soflasnapper
06-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Quite right, and I read the same thing, and that's why I was careful to mention that 8th grade, or 8-1/2 grade (not sure how that half-grade is measured, but anyway) level writing is considered quite good.

Evidently a far better WRITING than SPEAKING grasp of the language, which is probably fairly common as well.