PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem

Rod
03-01-2002, 11:31 PM
Now don't be to quick to agree. The problem is when I type in a post it is all broken up. Sometimes I may correct a line that I wasn't happy with the wording. I thought that
probably was the reason. When I look at the post in preview it does not look that way. My last post to Chris about
the drag draw type of stroke looks like I was having
fits or my 19th nervous breakdown when I was typing.
I did that in Office 97 using word, and it come out
terrible. Maybe I needed to set my line length, or what
ever you call it shorter? I don't know but it sure is
frustrating. By the looks of things I may be the only
person that has this dreaded disease. Did my flu get
to my puter and keyboard, or am I just beyond help?
Does "anyone" have the same problem? Please say yes as
I am starting to feel very alone. Grrrrrrrrr
BTW I just checked this before posting, and it looks fine.
I'll bet ten to one it won't be that way on the board.

Rod
03-01-2002, 11:33 PM
Well I bet $100 so I just beat myself out of a $1000
at ten to one. I still have the problem.

03-01-2002, 11:37 PM
Hey Rod,
FWIW, I have no trouble reading your posts. I can't see anything wrong with how they are displayed viewing them on my computer.

Rod
03-01-2002, 11:58 PM
Scott, you mean there is not at least 6 broken
sentences in my original post? Something werd is going
on here. I wonder if its because I'm reading my post?
Believe me it is broken up big time, please believe me.
I wonder if that truck is on the way, you know the one
with those men that dress you in a white suite, with the
tie straps and all. I think I need to consult the
admin as they call themselves for an answer.

Ken
03-02-2002, 11:09 AM
Rod, You are probably
mostly typing with
hard returns at the end of a short line but when you let the word processor put in a soft return you get a full line on the board. As I did here but I can see it on the preview. Ken

Rod
03-02-2002, 12:03 PM
Ken, is a hard return when you hit enter before the end
of the line? Anyway mine looks fine to me also when I check
preview. After being posted is when it's broken up.
Let me ask you or anyone, does my post at 958 PM have
5 sentences with only 1 word in the line?
In other words it has 13 lines but 5 of them only have one word. Now I'd say thats kind of strange. If no one else
sees this then I'll assume its my computer or the board
format. I think it very strange that I do post on other
boards and have never had this problem before. Thanks for
any help.

JimS
03-02-2002, 03:19 PM
Rod, your post at 10:58 pm reads normal, just fine. I regret to inform you that I have no idea what the problem might be.

Regards, JimS

Ken
03-02-2002, 03:27 PM
I see an 11:58 post my time that has 8 lines of close to the same length but not the whole page width. The 12:03 is broken up worse with one line of only 3 words and only one line all the way across.

I think if you just type and never push return the words should spread out to the whole width. Only push return at the end of a paragraph. If that doesn't work I don't know what's wrong.

I didn't say mine look fine on preview. It looked just the same as it came out on the post. two short lines where I hit return and two lines that filled the whole width of the board even though I typed them as short lines but without the returns. I used Word 95 since I don't have 97 on this drive. Then I used cut and paste to put it into the message space.
Ken in CT

Rod
03-02-2002, 03:57 PM
Ok Ken and Jim thanks for the reply. As long as you don't see what I see then I guess it's not all bad. Ken I'm typing this without hitting the return. It just bugs me because it takes some concentration to be able to read what I posted. I thought everyone else would see it the same as me and wonder what kind of drugs I was on.

SPetty
03-02-2002, 04:18 PM
Hi Rod,

That last post looked perfect. I didn't see the single word lines that you described before, but I did see some "breaking up". As recommended, simply not hitting the "return" key is the key!