06-16-2011, 02:45 AM
http://crooksandliars.com/files/vfs/2011/06/debate1.jpg

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Qtec
06-17-2011, 12:32 AM
bump

llotter
06-17-2011, 06:59 AM
I haven't seen the Republican tax cut plan that is humongous enough yet but at least they are all pointed in the right direction. And, I think they all agree that spending should also undergo gargantuan cuts.

Soflasnapper
06-20-2011, 02:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't seen the Republican tax cut plan that is humongous enough yet but at least they are all pointed in the right direction. And, I think they all agree that spending should also undergo gargantuan cuts. </div></div>

If we were to try to balance the budget now with only spending cuts, a) it's impossible, and b) it's impossible. Just heard David Stockman admit it on Sunday.

To make a greater deficit with ginormous tax cuts, further decreasing the income to the government, it would simply make it still more impossible.

Therefore, this isn't a serious proposal, but something more akin to looting the Treasury on the way out the door, as third world dictators do when they are deposed.

Remember, their position is that we need to REDUCE THE DEBT. In absolute terms. The only way to pay down the debt is for the government to take in MORE than it spends, and run a quite large SURPLUS annually for a long time.

Reducing the federal revenue stream obviously makes it harder to run a surplus, not easier.

cushioncrawler
06-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Yes, but, all of this sort of stuff iz krappynomix anyhow.
Krappynomicysts are like kids, kids who beleev in the boogyman.
mac.

LWW
06-20-2011, 05:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't seen the Republican tax cut plan that is humongous enough yet but at least they are all pointed in the right direction. And, I think they all agree that spending should also undergo gargantuan cuts. </div></div>

If we were to try to balance the budget now with only spending cuts, a) it's impossible, and b) it's impossible. Just heard David Stockman admit it on Sunday.</div></div>

WOW!

Just WOW!

LWW
06-20-2011, 05:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reducing the federal revenue stream obviously makes it harder to run a surplus, not easier. </div></div>

That's what the democrook plan has achieved.

The tax cuts flooded the treasury.

Repeating your favorite myth doesn't make the myth true.