PDA

View Full Version : The other Weinergates ...

LWW
06-18-2011, 01:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WASHINGTON — It started as a routine conference call. But at some point during the call, Representative Anthony D. Weiner became furious, convinced that his scheduler had not given him a crucial piece of information.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Then, Mr. Graff recalled, Mr. Weiner started pounding his fists on his desk, kicked a chair and unleashed a string of expletives.</span>

Two weeks later, Mr. Graff, a Navy veteran, became the latest of a sizable number of <span style='font-size: 11pt'>staff members who have resigned after an abbreviated stint with Mr. Weiner</span>, a Democrat who represents parts of Brooklyn and Queens. ...

Mr. Weiner, a technology fiend who requires little sleep and rarely takes a day off, routinely instant messages his employees on weekends, often just one-word missives: “Teeth” (as in, your answer reminds me of pulling teeth) or “weeds” (as in, you are too much in the weeds). <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Never shy about belting out R-rated language, he enjoys challenging staff members on issues, even at parties.</span>

And, in a city saturated with transient career hoppers, <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Mr. Weiner has presided over more turnover than any other member of the New York House delegation in the last six years, according to an analysis of Congressional data. Roughly half of Mr. Weiner’s current staff has been on board for less than a year. Since early 2007, he has had three chiefs of staff.</span> ...

The revolving door in Mr. Weiner’s office, however, has not gone unnoticed by people who interact with his staff. Several people said that the constant churn created an air of instability.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>“You never know who’s there, because they aren’t there long enough to remember their names,”</span> said one Congressional staff member who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Employees quickly learn how to read Mr. Weiner’s body language. He is known as a sports-loving wiseacre, but when he digs into an issue he cares deeply about and his temples are raised, seemingly ready to burst, watch out. ...

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Staff members who go out of e-mail range for even a few hours sometimes risk rebuke. One described being unavailable once on a weekend afternoon and immediately calling the office after noticing a stream of increasingly exasperated e-mails among Mr. Weiner and his top lieutenants.</span> A senior staff member curtly responded, “That’s why we have BlackBerrys.” ...</div></div>

OH DEAR! (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/23/nyregion/23weiner.html?pagewanted=1&sq=anthony&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1308425841-s5R9Xy284ubQD4OXEwCwaQ)

LWW
06-18-2011, 01:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>On March 29, 2010, the Capitol Hill newspaper Roll Call reported that Weiner had accumulated $2,180 in parking tickets in Washington, D.C. between 2007 and 2010 and that all but one had yet to be paid</span> (before the release of the story). Some tickets included instances in which he appeared to have <span style='font-size: 11pt'>incurred multiple violations at the same time, such as failing to display current tags while parked in a taxi stand zone.</span> A spokesman for his office stated that all the parking tickets had since "been paid. He is pleased to have helped decrease the D.C. budget deficit." [41][42] On June 13, 2011, the New York Daily News reported that <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Weiner's license plates on his 20-year-old Nissan Pathfinder had expired in 2006 and were not registered to that vehicle, but rather to another vehicle he owned at the time.[43]</span></div></div>

OH MY! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_weiner#cite_note-39)

Sev
06-18-2011, 06:47 PM
I cant wait for the book.

The Rise and Fall of a Weiner. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Soflasnapper
06-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Isn't this where people ask why you fear Weiner so much that you have to pile on? (Paralleling what you say about Ms. Palin.)

The guy's out the door, and is now literally yesterday's news (or older).

His ridiculous obsession has already wasted enough of the oxygen in the national discourse, and we should thankfully drop it as of this time.

Sev
06-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Dont Fear The Weiner.

Qtec
06-19-2011, 02:08 AM
I didn't think it was possible but this is a new low for you.

OMG...AW has an outstanding parking ticket..........call the cops.

<u>Republican Minority Leader John Boehner explains why he handed out <span style='font-size: 17pt'>bribes </span>on the House floor
</u>
watch it if you dare (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAC2xeT2yOg&feature=player_embedded)

Q....the people handing out the cheques won.

Qtec
06-19-2011, 06:18 AM
Bump.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Still NO COMMENT on the Boehner CORRUTPION SCANDAL from the Right.</span>

Q..<span style='font-size: 26pt'>how telling.</span>

LWW
06-19-2011, 06:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't this where people ask why you fear Weiner so much that you have to pile on? (Paralleling what you say about Ms. Palin.)

The guy's out the door, and is now literally yesterday's news (or older).

His ridiculous obsession has already wasted enough of the oxygen in the national discourse, and we should thankfully drop it as of this time.

</div></div>

The difference is that the Weiner accusations have a foundation in reality.

Perhaps that is what confuses you?

LWW
06-19-2011, 06:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bump.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Still NO COMMENT on the Boehner CORRUTPION SCANDAL from the Right.</span>

Q..<span style='font-size: 26pt'>how telling.</span> </div></div>

I have never defended Boehner's actions. Try as you might ...you have failed. Again.

LWW
06-19-2011, 06:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't think it was possible but this is a new low for you.

OMG...AW has an outstanding parking ticket..........call the cops.[/url]

Q....the people handing out the cheques won. </div></div>

No single parking ticket is $2,180.00.

A proletariat such as myself would have been jailed well before I reached this level of disregard for the law.

Why do you defend the party members as being elites above the law?

Sev
06-19-2011, 08:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't think it was possible but this is a new low for you.

OMG...AW has an outstanding parking ticket..........call the cops.[/url]

Q....the people handing out the cheques won. </div></div>

No single parking ticket is $2,180.00.

A proletariat such as myself would have been jailed well before I reached this level of disregard for the law.

Why do you defend the party members as being elites above the law? </div></div>

Perhaps he was parked on Peloci's face???

LWW
06-19-2011, 09:32 AM
I just want to know why he champions shifting the tax burden to the backs of the poor while placing inner party members above the law?

Sev
06-19-2011, 01:45 PM
TEE HEE.

He said inner party members.

LWW
06-19-2011, 02:50 PM
So why do you support an oligarchy as slavishly as you do?