PDA

View Full Version : cue-weapon

09-15-2002, 10:15 PM
i've got to share this with y'all.

story just moved on the houston chronicle chron.com about a guy who was fighting with his wife. when the cops moved in he started waving a cue at them till he said he was going show them "how bad he was". he lunged, they shot.

cops - 1

idiot - 0

they say he will live and get better but i doubt he'll get smarter. we've all felt powerful with a pool cue in our hand at one time or another but not against cops with guns. just little balls.

dan...the airlines will all add this newstory to their files.

nAz
09-15-2002, 10:21 PM
i hope they didnt hurt the Cue /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

TomBrooklyn
09-15-2002, 10:37 PM
I once had a wild-eyed guy start to swing a cue at me in a roughneck bar known for having frequent brawls, but that I was not a regular customer of. I stepped in, grabbed his long hair, bent him over and took him for a walk until some others grabbed him and took over for me. I didn't have to hit him, he was quite compliant in the position I had him.

If I was going to choose a weapon to use on an airliner, I would prefer just the butt half a cue over a whole one as it would be easier to swing it between the seats and not hit the overhead luggage racks etc.
=TB=

nAz
09-15-2002, 10:45 PM
Tom you are a very Violent person, and you say im Violent!

09-15-2002, 10:50 PM
Hi Tom, you can have your butt of the cue. I choose to keep a set of billiard balls and a pair of socks in my carry on. Can anyone do the math?

09-15-2002, 10:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TheShot:</font><hr> Hi Tom, you can have your butt of the cue. I choose to keep a set of billiard balls and a pair of socks in my carry on. Can anyone do the math? <hr></blockquote>

now, there, you are the first person i've ever heard of doin that besides myself. i've gotten the balls in the socks a couple of time but have not had to use them. almost too lethal.

dan...almost.

09-15-2002, 11:08 PM
Hi Dan, in a way it is kind of scary we can come up with such a simple yet lethal weapon, and not be terrorists. It makes me wonder how creative "they" can be to get weapons aboard.

PS I will take my sock and ball and take on any box cutter.

09-16-2002, 02:13 AM
I was once staking a guy in Ca, LA at a bar that Keith Mccreidy used to hang out at called, "Lucky John's". I didn't like the game and didn't want to stake my friend and told the guy if he thought he played so good, I would get my boyfriend and he could play him instead so at least it would be a fair game. The guy knew my boyfriend and knew that was to tough a game and thought I was being to mouthy and told me to stay out of it. I thought that since it was my own money that was at risk, and I know (for the most part) a good or bad game when I see or hear one, I told him to forget about playing my friend and my boyfriend was on the way down to play. The guy went after me with his cue. My friend that I was staking had to jump between us to calm the guy down. The guy had to be at least 1.5 inches taller and a good 100 pounds more than me. He also played a big one pocket tournament a month later and ended up spitting on the guy for not playing him. This guy seemed to have problems anyway so I didn't take to personally.

griffith_d
09-16-2002, 06:41 AM
Nothing like an idiot going to a gun fight with a cue.

Griff

heater451
09-16-2002, 08:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TheShot:</font><hr> . . . PS I will take my sock and ball and take on any box cutter. <hr></blockquote>Not to mention full Coke cans, from the service cart. . . .

===================