PDA

View Full Version : Why are the Euros murdering innocent civilians?

LWW
06-20-2011, 05:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LONDON (Reuters) - NATO admitted it carried out an air strike that killed civilians in Tripoli on Sunday.
"Although we are still determining the specifics of this event, indications are that a weapons system failure may have caused this incident," said Lieutenant-General Charles Bouchard, Commander of Operation Unified Protector in a statement.
NATO said a military missile site was the intended target of the air strikes and acknowledged the civilian casualties.

Early on Sunday Libyan officials took reporters to a residential area in Tripoli's Souq al-Juma district where the reporters saw several bodies being pulled out of the rubble of a destroyed building.

Later, in a hospital, they were shown the bodies of two children and three adults who, officials said, were among those killed in the strike.

Libyan Foreign Minister Abdelati Obeidi said the NATO strike was a "pathetic attempt .... to break the spirit of the people of Tripoli and allow small numbers of terrorists to cause instability and disorder in the peaceful city."

Libyan officials earlier put the death toll at seven but Obeidi said there were nine dead and 18 wounded. </div></div>

Who wants to defend THIS (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/nato-acknowledges-civilian-deaths-tripoli-strike-195841256.html).

Soflasnapper
06-20-2011, 02:25 PM
My theory is that as is said here, they f-d up. Blowing things up violently from far away often leads to the wrong dead people.

Do you agree, or do you think it's deliberate?

LWW
06-20-2011, 02:47 PM
I see no evidence at all that it is/was deliberate.

The greater point, perhaps lost on some, is that if the leftists had their shorts all in a knot claiming that it was Bush killing innocent Arabs simply because they were brown people and if they went to fits of rage insisting that the Israelis were murdering Arabs simply because they weren't Jews ... then how can they not take the position that these deaths are also murder?

Myself, I don't/didn't believe any of the events listed was a military power targeting civilians ... although I can cite when Arabs have ... so I don't suffer from the doublethink.

Soflasnapper
06-20-2011, 06:13 PM
A sensible take, which I appreciate.

However, and to be more clear, murder wouldn't be the right word, even had it been deliberate.

That would be a 'war crime,' as most accurately characterized.

Something can rise to the level of war crime for many reasons, excluding deliberate targeting of civilians.

Any killing done in an illegal war, for instance, is perforce a war crime, per se, including otherwise 'righteous kills.'

Only if you credence the concept of war crime, and honor the treaties by which they are defined. I know many do not do so.

Although anyone claiming allegiance to our Constitution must also honor our treaty commitments, which the Constitution directly says become the highest law of the land.

And Goldstone, the Jewish jurist, found and reported to the UN that Israel certainly committed war crimes in their Gaza attacks.

LWW
06-21-2011, 03:47 AM
And in typical leftese ... when confronted with what the left has declared to be war crimes/murder ad infinitum, you point to the Jews.

That being said, at least you had the courage to post.

Our other resident US?Israel haters are suddenly conspicuous by their absence.

Qtec
06-21-2011, 04:44 AM
Again, your ignorance betrays you.

This was a mistake on what they thought was a military target.

Remember when a cruise missile bombed a house in a residential district in Iraq [ attempting to take out a specific person ] - killing 3 generations of one family - and they were called collateral damage?

Get real.

Q

LWW
06-21-2011, 04:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, your ignorance betrays you.

This was a mistake on what they thought was a military target.

Remember when a cruise missile bombed a house in a residential district in Iraq [ attempting to take out a specific person ] - killing 3 generations of one family - and they were called collateral damage?

Get real.

Q

</div></div>

Actually ... I call both collateral damage.

OTOH you ... via your amazing powers of doublethink ... see one as an accident and the other as a war crime.

But, your party handlers have trained you well.