PDA

View Full Version : Repigs Still Crashing In Polls!!!

Gayle in MD
06-21-2011, 12:07 PM
The state of New Jersey's love affair with Republican Governor Chris Christie seems to have come to an end.

A new poll by Quinnipiac University shows that Christie's approval rating is at its lowest ever among his state's citizens, with 44 percent supporting him and 47 percent disapproving. But the biggest loss for Christie came among women respondents, who have turned against governor: 54 percent disapprove of him, while 36 percent approve. This likely reflects his contentious education reform agenda, which involves weakening teachers' unions, cutting public school funding, and creating more charter schools.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"Gov. Christie is having a big problem with women, perhaps because they care more about schools and disapprove 60-34 percent of the way he's handling education,"</span> said Quinnipiac pollster Maurice Carroll. "But voters like their 'Jersey guy' governor better as a person than they like his policies," Carroll added. "Men like him a lot; women, not so much."

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>As for Christie's national political prospects, a majority of voters (61 to 32 percent) don't think Christie would make a very good GOP vice presidential pick.</span> Christie himself has repeatedly said he won't run for national office, but nonetheless he's been touted as a Republican politico who could enter the GOP presidential race late in the game and still compete with President Obama.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Christie's sinking approval ratings mirror those of fellow first-term GOP governors, including Florida's Rick Scott, Michigan's Rick Snyder, Wisconsin's Scott Walker, and Ohio's John Kasich. Swept into office on the tea party tide in the 2010 elections, these governors face not only public backlash for their hard-right policies—busting unions, slashing public health-care and social services—but, in some cases, recall campaigns demanding their early ouster.</span>

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2011/06/new-jerseys-honeymoon-chris-christie-over

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Tue May. 31, 2011 3:00 AM PDT
From Wisconsin to Florida, voters are nursing a bad case of buyer's remorse concerning the rookie Republican governors they elected in 2010.

Surfing into office on the GOP wave in the midterm elections, these first-term governors have rammed through right-wing agendas in their first months in office—attacking unions, slashing jobless benefits, pushing voter ID bills, and rejecting federal funds for popular infrastructure and transportation projects. In near-record time, voters are souring on these conservatives—and in some cases, clamoring for their recall. This blowback could pave the way for a Democratic resurgence in these states in 2012 and boost President Barack Obama’s reelection chances—for, coincidentally or not, several of these free-falling governors reside in crucial battleground states. If their fortunes continue to plummet, these governors could end up being a serious drag on the Republican presidential nomination.</span>Florida's Rick Scott and Ohio's John Kasich are currently the leading contenders for the title of the most unpopular governor in America, according to a recent Public Policy Polling (PPP) survey. (A mere 32 percent of respondents approve of Scott, while just 33 percent support Kasich. A separate Quinnipiac poll puts Scott's approval even lower, at 29 percent.) Michigan's Rick Snyder is struggling with a 33 percent approval rating, and in Wisconsin, 43 percent approve of Scott Walker, PPP found—down 3 points from February and 9 from Election Day 2010. Only 41 percent of respondents gave Iowa's Terry Branstad a thumb's up. Even New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a darling of the GOP, has seen his approval plummet in recent weeks, according to a recent PublicMind released by Fairleigh Dickinson University.

Advertise on MotherJones.com

Florida, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin—the list reads like a roadmap for a 2012 victory, for either side. "Kasich and his first-term Republican brethren across the Midwest may be the best thing that's ever happened to Barack Obama's reelection chances," writes PPP pollster Tom Jensen.

The decline of these GOP governors famously began in the Badger State. In February, Walker sparked a national controversy by threatening to use the National Guard against citizens protesting his plan to strip public-employee unions of most of their collective bargaining rights. In response, more than 100,000 demonstrators filled the streets of Madison, the state capital. Walker became the face of the GOP's anti-union assault around the country. But prior to his assault on unions, Walker had started alienating voters by rejecting $810 million in federal money to build a high-speed rail line in the state. This past Thursday, he signed into law an unpopular voter ID bill, which critics say is unnecessary and will only disenfranchise college students and elderly citizens.

Not only has Walker's approval rating sunk, but PPP found that 50 percent of Wisconsinites would vote to recall Walker. In a hypothetical election, Walker would lose to either ex-Sen. Russ Feingold, a Democrat who lost his seat last November, or Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, Walker's Democratic opponent in 2010. Since Walker can't be recalled till next year, Democrats have triggered recall elections for six GOP senators who backed his anti-union bill. Those elections will take place this summer. (Three Senate Democrats also face recall elections.)

Scott and Kasich have embraced a similar agenda. Scott turned down federal high-speed rail money, a move panned by Democrats and Republicans in Florida, and he signed a GOP-backed voter ID bill that critics say suppresses Democratic voters and wastes state money. In April, Kasich signed his own anti-union bill that went further than Walker's by limiting the bargaining power of not only teachers and janitors but cops and firefighters. (Scott has said he supports cutting bargaining rights but hasn't introduced any such legislation.) In hypothetical do-overs of their 2010 gubernatorial elections, Kasich would lose by a whopping 25 points and Scott would lose by 19, according to PPP polling data.

Then there's Michigan's Snyder. His controversial "financial martial law," signed into law in March, gives unelected, state-appointed bureaucrats the power to wipe out union contracts and even entire local governments in the name of fixing financially troubled cities and municipalities. Snyder beat Democrat Virg Bernero in last fall's election by 18 points; an April PPP survey put Bernero ahead of Snyder in a hypothetical rematch by 2 points. Meanwhile, a group called Michigan Citizens United is laying the groundwork for a recall of Snyder.

PPP's Tom Jensen notes that widespread rejection of Walker and Co. could make it easier for Obama to win these key states in 2012, as he did in 2008. "You have a situation where people voted Republican last year and are quite unhappy with the results, and that might keep them from voting Republican again next year whether they're enthralled with Obama or not," Jensen says.

In Wisconsin, though, Walker's decline might not automatically generate votes for Obama or other Democrats. Charles Franklin, a University of Wisconsin-Madison political science professor, says that though his state's union fight has mobilized Democrats and tarnished Walker's image, it has also fired up GOPers. To wit: The recent state Supreme Court election, largely seen as a proxy fight between pro-Walker incumbent David Prosser and liberal JoAnne Kloppenburg. With more than 1 million votes cast, Prosser won by 7,000 after several recounts. Franklin notes that Obama might not get a bump from Walker's slump if GOPers mobilize in 2012 as they did this spring. "Even if Walker stays in the low- to mid-40s, if there's a highly mobilized Republican electorate," he says, "it could still mean a very hard-fought battle for the majority of the state."

In Florida, Rick Scott's "toxic" reputation could boost the president, says Daniel Smith, a University of Florida political science professor. Smith says Scott's "draconian" policies might turn off Republicans and, more importantly, independent voters. If Scott remains as unpopular in November 2012 as he is now, Smith says that could nudge GOP-weary independent voters in Obama's direction. "It's the independents and Republicans," he says, "who supported Scott in the midterm and who might be turned off now."

Of course, governors influence presidential elections in ways that have nothing to do with their approval numbers. They control the state party apparatuses and can mobilize grassroots activists as well as drum up cash from top donors. Yet a governor under siege—or one at odds with his own party, like Florida's Scott—is of little help to a national candidate. "If Rick Scott's numbers stay as they are now, the governor is not going to be terribly helpful to the Republican nominee," Smith says, "and that will help Obama."

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/05/republican-governor-unpopular-obama-president

LOL....Dream on Righties! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Latest polls shjow them dropping even further!

Soflasnapper
06-21-2011, 05:29 PM
They might have the strategy of doing all their deeds early in the term, and relying on the short memories of the public to be ok in 4 years.

This might even work if their policies, or the national policy, somehow gets them a strong economy to run on by then.

Their problem with this is that with their 'make our deficit worse' tactic of cutting taxes, they are forced to make what would be painful cuts anyway far more painful, in ways that their citizens can easily understand is their fault.

I now lean to the idea that they know things are about to crash, and they are now pre-looting their public treasuries for themselves and their plutocratic supporters.

eg8r
06-22-2011, 08:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Their problem with this is that with their 'make our deficit worse' tactic of cutting taxes, they are forced to make what would be painful cuts anyway far more painful, </div></div>I much prefer this way than the Dem way which is their 'make our deficit worse' tactic by spending more and more and the scare the bejeezus out of the voters by telling them the Reps are going to make painful cuts. All the while the deficit continues getting worse.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-22-2011, 10:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They might have the strategy of doing all their deeds early in the term, and relying on the short memories of the public to be ok in 4 years.

This might even work if their policies, or the national policy, somehow gets them a strong economy to run on by then.

Their problem with this is that with their 'make our deficit worse' tactic of cutting taxes, they are forced to make what would be painful cuts anyway far more painful, in ways that their citizens can easily understand is their fault.

I now lean to the idea that they know things are about to crash, and they are now pre-looting their public treasuries for themselves and their plutocratic supporters. </div></div>

Well, I just hope they continue to show the people that they only care about giving away more of the country's wealth, to the already tremendously wealthy, and punishing those in the Middle Class, for the mess Repiglican policies have created for our economy.

While we might have to put up with first class deniers on this obscure little site, most Americans are going to see for themselves how much all but the wealthy will suffer, if Repubs get their way.

Economist, after economist, has stepped up to say that our worst problem is the vast chasm, between the filthy rich, and everyone else, and the very Repiglican policies which pay out huge subsidies to corporations that do absolutely NOTHING to strengthen our economy, and in fact, outsource our jobs, pollute our environment, and destroy our natural resources.

Romney is one of the greates destroyers of American Jobs, around, and now, it comes out that Bachmann, has advantaged her so called "Socialim" by the muti-millions, for years, in the form of Agricultural and (Farm Subsidies) and get this, for PORK, as in HOGS!

LMAO!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I think the steep drop of approval ratings for the new Repiglican style fascist Governor BULLIES, who are attacking the rights and opportunites for the Middle Class and the poor, by taking more and more, from everyone, in order to give more and more to the corporations, as they are attacking strengthening education, Unions, affordable health care, planned parenthood, our threatened infrastructure, the thhreatened environmental disasters due to Repiglican Protection of the corporate pigs who are destroying the health of our nation, our natural resources, the Oceans, the air and water, denying the impacts on climate change, as they go, you name it, everything we really need to address, and invest in, in order to be an economic force in the world, all of those radical RW governors, have diving approval rates. Christie, the RW Bully Hero, is way down, and Florida's crook in the Governors office, is down to 29% approval.

I just hope they keep it up until the next Presidential election!

G.

Qtec
06-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Really getting sick and tired about all this deficit nonsense. In the 8 years GW was POTUS not one word of concern came from the right about GW doubling the Nat Debt.

Now suddenly, spoon-fed people like yourself and the GOP hypocrites are all money conscious!

Q

Gayle in MD
06-22-2011, 11:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really getting sick and tired about all this deficit nonsense. In the 8 years GW was POTUS not one word of concern came from the right about GW doubling the Nat Debt.

Now suddenly, spoon-fed people like yourself and the GOP hypocrites are all money conscious!

Q </div></div>

Colossal GALL!

G.

eg8r
06-22-2011, 12:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really getting sick and tired about all this deficit nonsense.</div></div>While I don't care what you are sick of I will agree I am sick of it also. Since Obama decided he would spend his first 2 years impersonating Bush it makes me a bit more sick and tired of it considering it is my tax money, not yours, being wasted. I am also not interested in your amnesia either. All the righties on this board have for years been against the gross spending of Bush and Obama and we have said it from the beginning.

The other that is pretty tiring is for idiots to question (wrongly) why we are all of sudden worried about deficits. Should it really matter? Shouldn't the goal of all Americans be without deficit, whether you made the decision now or 10 years ago? Most people don't know they have a problem until they are unable to continue making payments at that point it is too late. This country has been at that point and it needs to start immediately to rectify that whether it is a Dem or Rep at head of the table.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-22-2011, 12:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really getting sick and tired about all this deficit nonsense.</div></div>While I don't care what you are sick of I will agree I am sick of it also. Since Obama decided he would spend his first 2 years impersonating Bush it makes me a bit more sick and tired of it considering it is my tax money, not yours, being wasted. I am also not interested in your amnesia either. All the righties on this board have for years been against the gross spending of Bush and Obama and we have said it from the beginning.

The other that is pretty tiring is for idiots to question (wrongly) why we are all of sudden worried about deficits. Should it really matter? Shouldn't the goal of all Americans be without deficit, whether you made the decision now or 10 years ago? Most people don't know they have a problem until they are unable to continue making payments at that point it is too late. This country has been at that point and it needs to start immediately to rectify that whether it is a Dem or Rep at head of the table.

eg8r </div></div>

LOL, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.

You were all praising and defending Bush throughout.

There is not one single post of outrage over Bush's spending, not one.

The genius from N.C. was writing that the deficits didn't matter, lol.

You were chiming right in behind him in agreement.

That went on for years, before nany of you righties even made a mild mention of the spending, which was totally out of hand, and now you all want to wiggle out of the FACT, that you all supported it for years, until the crash was no longer preventable.

It was a bit late, by then, as we all knowm that the years during which all the damages occured, were between 2003 and 2006, before Democratics ever won the majority.

Our current circumstances are a direct result of the Bush Tax Cuts, the Bush Ownership Society, The Greenspan determination to irrationally hold down interest rates, the signals sent to Wall St., by Greensapn, and Bush, Bush's irrational Prescription giveaway to the Pharmaceutical Industry, Bush's irrational invasion and occupation and mismanagement of the war in Iraq, and corporate welfare, on CRACK!

You righties are out of touch, not only with reality, but with your own irrational, deceitful version of events.

Some things never change.

G.

eg8r
06-22-2011, 01:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You were all praising and defending Bush throughout.
</div></div>You suffer amnesia or ignorance, you be the judge. I don't think you can honestly judge yourself innocent considering you had me blocked the whole time and if you actually knew what I was typing then you were lying to us the whole time telling us you were ignoring me.

You didn't answer yesterday so I pose the question again, why are you so pissy lately?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-22-2011, 01:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You were all praising and defending Bush throughout.
</div></div>You suffer amnesia or ignorance, you be the judge. I don't think you can honestly judge yourself innocent considering you had me blocked the whole time and if you actually knew what I was typing then you were lying to us the whole time telling us you were ignoring me.

You didn't answer yesterday so I pose the question again, why are you so pissy lately?

eg8r </div></div>

1. I never said you were blocked the whole time, and I didn't have you blocked the whole time, and you know it.

2. I have no need, nor reason to lie to you or anyone.

3. Why are you so pissy lately?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
06-23-2011, 10:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You were all praising and defending Bush throughout.

eg8r </div></div>

I tend to get fed up with the constant denials of you and other righties about how you all attacked we from the left, while we were tryng to clue you into the mess Bush and his blank check
Repiglican, pork barrel, big spenders, were digging this country into obvlion, by breaking the earmark record, and borrowing more money than all previous administrations combined!

Makes me pissy!

Now, any of you righties, show me on damned post of outrage from any of you, over the Bush/Congressional blank check spending and borrowing?

YOU CAN'T, BECUASE NOT ONE EXISTS!

Stop saying you were against Bush and the mess Repiglicas were making, when we all know, you were steadily attacking all of us who were warning you of it, and outraged over the dangers that Bush's gross spending and incompetence, and already failed trickle down VOODOO economics, were making for our children, and the country at large.

You weren't outraged. In fact, you were attacking those of us who were, relentlessly.

G.

eg8r
06-23-2011, 11:21 AM
I am not going back through the search utility on this website to prove something to you that happened at a point when you closed your eyes and ears and made "la la" sounds. If you chose to ignore then that was your fault but I will not sit back and let you tell lies about what I have done.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-23-2011, 12:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not going back through the search utility on this website to prove something to you that happened at a point when you closed your eyes and ears and made "la la" sounds. If you chose to ignore then that was your fault but I will not sit back and let you tell lies about what I have done.

eg8r </div></div>

YOU DEFENDED BUSH FOR EIGHT YEARS AND ATTACKED ALL OF US WHO WARNED AGAINST THE DEVASTATION HE WAS CREATING.

THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE POST OF OUTRAGE FROM YOU FOR ANYTHING THAT BUSH f-ED UP, INCLUDING, HIS MASSIVE SPENDING AND BORROWING.

YOU CONSISTANTLY ATTACKED AND INSULTED ALL OF US FROM THE LEFT, WHO WERE OUTRAGED, OVER WHAT BUSH WAS DOING TO THIS COUNTRY.

G.

Sev
06-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Wonker.

eg8r
06-23-2011, 01:03 PM
I will continue to call you a liar if you want to continue to tell lies about me.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-23-2011, 03:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will continue to call you a liar if you want to continue to tell lies about me.

eg8r </div></div>

Everyone else who was here at the time remembers, Ed.

You were THE BUSHY, on the forum.

Lie about it all you want, we lefties all remember.

G.

eg8r
06-23-2011, 03:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone else who was here at the time remembers, Ed.
</div></div>OK, get EVERYONE to sign your little affidavit and I will do my due diligence to search the archives proving you are a liar.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-23-2011, 03:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone else who was here at the time remembers, Ed.
</div></div>OK, get EVERYONE to sign your little affidavit and I will do my due diligence to search the archives proving you are a liar.

eg8r </div></div>

I could only wish there were enough still around who didn't leave already, because of the resident Tourettes poster on crack, so they could testify to me correct recall of your relentless M.O. of taking up for Bush, while attacking all of us for pointing out exactly the mess he was making for all of us, but sadly, Little Wonkie Weenie, and the AZ filth he brought with him, have reduced this forum to less than ten posters.

While I centainly don't rank you with them, I can assure you, there is no post of outrage of the spending and borrowing of the Repiglicans or Bush, ever written here, by you, or any other rightie.

There may have been a mild mention, but no outrage over the biggest spenders and borrowers in history. NOT ONE.

G.

eg8r
06-23-2011, 05:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There may have been a mild mention, but no outrage over the biggest spenders and borrowers in history. NOT ONE.
</div></div>Well this is where we differ greatly. I choose to state my opinion and then let it stop there. You choose to repeat your opinion over and over ad naseum for years. Just because I don't repeat myself over and over, change the size or color of font does not detract from the words that I have typed. I called him out for his gross overspending even to the point of referring to him as more of a lefty than a Rep. The only thing he did to make Reps proud was defend our country and bring the war to the terrorists. That venture was expensive and I do credit it for an increase in our spending and I am not sure why it has taken so long to pull out. I was actually hoping Obama would make good on his promise to pull the troops but that has yet to happen. Bush was a RINO and I have stated it since the very beginning.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-23-2011, 10:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There may have been a mild mention, but no outrage over the biggest spenders and borrowers in history. NOT ONE.
</div></div>Well this is where we differ greatly. I choose to state my opinion and then let it stop there. You choose to repeat your opinion over and over ad naseum for years. Just because I don't repeat myself over and over, change the size or color of font does not detract from the words that I have typed. I called him out for his gross overspending even to the point of referring to him as more of a lefty than a Rep. The only thing he did to make Reps proud was defend our country and bring the war to the terrorists. That venture was expensive and I do credit it for an increase in our spending and I am not sure why it has taken so long to pull out. I was actually hoping Obama would make good on his promise to pull the troops but that has yet to happen. Bush was a RINO and I have stated it since the very beginning.

eg8r </div></div>

Very selective memory you have there Ed. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

G.

LWW
06-24-2011, 05:22 AM
Meanwhile ... (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/generic_presidential_ballot/election_2012_generic_presidential_ballot)

back where ... (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/generic_congressional_ballot)

the air is thick ... (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll)

the nutty 25% has shrank to the nutty 23% ... (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/june_2011/obama_approval_index_june_23_2011/486008-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_june_23_2011.jpg)

and, of course, Charlotte accuses the R's of the actual floundering that her beloved regime is enduring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the fourth week in a row, a generic Republican candidate holds a very slight advantage over President Obama in a hypothetical 2012 election matchup.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds a generic GOP candidate earns support from 45% of Likely U.S. Voters, while the president picks up 43% of the vote. Four percent (4%) prefer some other candidate, and another eight percent (8%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
Last week, the Republican held a 46% to 44% advantage over the president. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Republicans hold a six-point lead over Democrats on the Generic Congressional Ballot for the week ending Sunday, June 19.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 43% of Likely U.S. Voters say they would vote for their district’s Republican congressional candidate, while 37% would choose the Democrat instead. This is almost identical to findings for the previous three weeks. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 23% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Thirty-eight percent (38%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -15 (see trends). </div></div>
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/june_2011/obama_approval_index_june_23_2011/486008-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_june_23_2011.jpg

eg8r
06-24-2011, 10:04 AM
That is a very funny comment coming from the person that spends the majority of the time with their eyes and ears covered while singing "la la" the whole time.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-24-2011, 10:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a very funny comment coming from the person that spends the majority of the time with their eyes and ears covered while singing "la la" the whole time.

eg8r </div></div>

Pissy mood again, Ed? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

eg8r
06-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Actually a great mood. I swam a half mile for the first time in my life this week and I am feeling great. I am still intimidated about the race but every day it gets easier.

You?

eg8r

Sev
06-24-2011, 04:08 PM
I used to swim a lot. Never raced though.

My claim to fame was being able to swim 100 yards under water on 1 breath.

LWW
06-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Straight down?

LWW
06-25-2011, 05:08 AM
Dear leader has tanked even further ... at -16% now.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/june_2011/obama_approval_index_june_24_2011/486266-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_june_24_2011.jpg

Once again if you take whatever the left accuses the other side of doing ... that's what the leftists are actually doing.

Sev
06-25-2011, 05:45 AM
Cant wait till that chart starts showing in the -20's

eg8r
06-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Wow, I have not made it 25 yet. I attribute much of that due to the fact that I was wasting too much effort on swimming underwater when I should have been limited a bunch of my strokes. From what I have read/watched on the net most people are only using about 4 strokes or so per 25 yards. Pretty amazing but hopefully once I get the timing down I should easily make the first 25 and then start extending from there.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
06-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Wow, you mean even RASMUSSEN has Obama down?

That is shocking indeed.

I wonder how the other polls that use the strongly approve/strongly disapprove metric report their results currently?

What's that? No other pollster uses that question as all important, or even to measure it at all? Are you sure? That's impossible, as this is the very most important measure invented in 2009!

LWW
06-26-2011, 05:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, you mean even RASMUSSEN has Obama down?

That is shocking indeed.

I wonder how the other polls that use the strongly approve/strongly disapprove metric report their results currently?

What's that? No other pollster uses that question as all important, or even to measure it at all? Are you sure? That's impossible, as this is the very most important measure invented in 2009! </div></div>

1 - The question was also used under Bush's regime ... and the moonbat crazy left loved it and trumpeted it as the only poll which told the truth.

2 - Rasmussen is not the only poll which shows Obama sinking like a stone.

LWW
06-26-2011, 05:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, you mean even RASMUSSEN has Obama down?</div></div>

45-48 overall at Gallup ... not to be confused with "GALLOP" ... currently.

That happens to pretty much mirror the overall number from Rasmussen.

And, as much as it pains the O-cult ... he's lost a couple more points during the life of this thread.

OH DEAR! (http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx)
OH MY! (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history)

LWW
06-26-2011, 05:18 AM
CBS NEWS (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20070207-503544.html) also has him underwater.

LWW
06-26-2011, 05:23 AM
CNN (http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/06/08/june.8.pdf) has him falling 6% in a the last month.

LWW
06-26-2011, 05:24 AM
ABC (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/abc-news-poll-romney-pulls-obama-head-head/story?id=13776546) has him at 47-49.

LWW
06-26-2011, 08:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's impossible, as this is the very most important measure invented in 2009! </div></div>
And you try so hard ... (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/political_updates/president_bush_job_approval)