PDA

View Full Version : Leftist racism rears it's ugly head ... again.

LWW
06-23-2011, 02:21 AM
The leftist hate mob has it's newest totem at which they can howl at and dehumanize as mobs are prone to do.

In yet another instance, all who oppose dear leader must be destroyed by the Obamanation ... and this educated and experienced black bubba is soon to pass Sarah Palin on the leftist fear list.

Witness the blatant racism:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the immortal words of Megatron in Transformers: The Movie, Herman Cain’s speech at CPAC really is bad comedy. As you know, <span style='font-size: 11pt'>I find <s>black garbage pail kids</s> black conservatives fascinating not because of what they believe, but rather because of how they entertain and perform for their White Conservative masters.</span>

When race minstrelsy was America’s most popular form of mass entertainment, black actors would often have to pretend to be white men, who then in turn would put on the cork to play the role of the “black” coon, Sambo, or Jumping Jim Crow. Adding insult to injury, in a truly perverse and twisted example of the power of American white supremacy black vaudevillians would often pretend to be white in order to denigrate black people for the pleasures of the white gaze. …

In total, CPAC is a carnival and a roadshow for reactionary Conservatives. It is only fitting that in the great tradition of the freak show, the human zoo, the boardwalk, and the great midway world’s fairs of the 19th and 20th centuries, that <span style='font-size: 11pt'>there is a Borneo man, a Venus Hottentot or a tribe of cannibals from deepest darkest Africa or Papua New Guinea on display. For CPAC and the White Conservative imagination, Herman Cain and his black and brown kin are that featured attraction.</span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>We always need a monkey in the window</span>, for he/she reminds us of our humanity while simultaneously reinforcing a sense of our own superiority. Sadly, there are always folks who are willing to play that role because it pays so well. </div></div>

Let the excuses begin! (http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2011/02/12/black-history-month-is-herman-cain-playing-the-race-minstrel-for-cpac/)

LWW
06-23-2011, 07:07 AM
Where are our leftist brethren and sistren?

Do none of them have the testicular/ovarian fortitude to denounce such racism?

LWW
06-25-2011, 03:56 AM
I guess not.

Sev
06-25-2011, 05:57 AM
They are tending the plantation. Lots of work to do there you know.

LWW
06-25-2011, 06:37 AM
How true.

Soflasnapper
06-26-2011, 11:02 PM
This is a particular kind of criticism that you will NOT find among leftists who are not black themselves.

The author/critic is a black man whose blog is called 'We are Respectable Negroes.' Again, leftists who are not black persons are not going to be found using the term Negro all that much.

Actually, and here I differ from current leftist orthodoxy myself, most likely my use of the term 'black' is itself allegedly offensive or a throwback term.

But if blacks want to use that term themselves, or Negroes, or prefer African-American, whatever, they are welcome to do so, as far as I'm concerned. As we all are aware, that's the case with the N word as well.

Don't you think there's a difference, depending upon who uses these kinds of words? I'd agree it's offensive if a white person or other non-black person used the verbiage he uses, but I think it is different.

Qtec
06-27-2011, 12:08 AM
No excuses.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Herman Cain is poetry in motion and a life riot...again. I never thought I would see an upright walking human race card playing the race card as he complains about his detractors. Having witnessed the absurd, I can now say that I have lived a full life.

Herman Cain, Grand High Vizier of the black garbage pail kids black conservatives, gospel singer, and political coprophagist is upset that John Stewart mocked him. Apparently, when he gets called out for flubbing the Constitution, rank bigotry against Muslim Americans, or silly talk about a 3 page maximum limit on all Congressional bills, it is an act of racism. The critical self-reflection rule would seem not to apply, as Cain, in an act of self-delusion that is enabled by his white populist fan base, quite literally "has the complexion for the protection."
Now, I generally loathe the phrase "playing the race card." It is a flat and lazy term that disingenuous colorblind white Conservative racial reactionaries can use to deflect any substantive engagement with how race and racism remain operative in American political and social life.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Ironically, just as Conservatives wield the race card as a crude cudgel to beat liberals, blacks, and others over the head with charges that they slavishly and dishonestly play the victim, <u>in the Age of Obama it is Herman Cain and the Right who are masters of race puppetry and identity politics.</u></span> </div></div>

He's right.

Q