PDA

View Full Version : Autopsy: Pool Player Died from Asphyxiation

SpiderMan
06-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Anyone know these folks?

Link to Article (http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/06/19/autopsy-determines-pool-player-died-from-asphyxiation/)

ANN ARBOR (WWJ/AP) – An autopsy has found that a competitive billiards player from Michigan, whose body was found in an Indiana pond, died from asphyxiation.

The Lake County coroner’s office also ruled 45-year-old Dawn Fital’s death an apparent homicide.

An Ann Arbor – area man accused of killing the Ypsilanti woman was arraigned Saturday at the Washtenaw County jail. Greg Noack is accused of killing Fital – who had been his girlfriend – and dumping her body in a pond behind a strip mall in Hobart, Indiana.

Two days after Noak’s Tuesday arrest in Merrillville he led officers to her body. Divers found it inside a suitcase dumped in a pond behind a Toys R Us store.

SpiderMan

Rich R.
06-24-2011, 07:50 AM
I ran accross this story the other day and they kept referring to Ms. Fital as a champion pool player. I follow women's pool a little but I've never heard of her.
I went to Google and one story I found did refer to the BCA tournament in Vegas so I am assuming she may have been a good BCA player, not necessarily a WPBA player.

carter1984
06-29-2011, 07:57 AM
I didn't know here personally, but have read the story. She was apparently a competitor in both the Valley and BCA leagues, and won various championships with both leagues in their teams and doubles events.

Scott Lee
07-14-2011, 02:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ran accross this story the other day and they kept referring to Ms. Fital as a champion pool player. I follow women's pool a little but I've never heard of her.
I went to Google and one story I found did refer to the BCA tournament in Vegas so I am assuming she may have been a good BCA player, not necessarily a WPBA player. </div></div>

Rich...Dawn Fital was a very well known poolplayer in the Midwest, and was a MI state champion several times. She also had high finishes in both BCAPL and VNEA national events. It's sad that her "boyfriend" was the one who killed her. He will get his when he gets to prison. A not-so-interesting sidenote is that Dawn was living in the same apt. with both the boyfriend and her ex-husband...which seems bizarre.

Scott Lee

conner11
07-25-2011, 05:35 AM
which seems bizarre....