PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Terrible Mistake @ Fort Drum.

Sev
06-24-2011, 05:51 AM
The bonehead and chief cant even keep his CMH awards straight.

I cant wait to hear the excuses about this.

Not even Bush made such a mistake.

This guys joke.

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2011/06/president-obamas-terrible-mistake.html

<span style="color: #000000">
Posted By Blackfive • [June 23, 2011]

From a Blackfive reader "T":

The President addressing the 10th Mountain Division today at Fort Drum:

<span style="color: #990000">"First time I saw 10th Mountain Division, you guys were in southern Iraq. When I went back to visit Afghanistan, you guys were the first ones there. I had the great honor of seeing some of you because a comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously."
</span>
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>As we all know, SSG Sal Giunta, of the 173rd Airborne, was the first living recipient (2011) of the MOH who fought in Iraq/Afganistan. SFC Jared Monti, 10th Mountain Division, was KIA in Afghanistan in 2006. He was posthumously awarded the MOH by Obama in 2009. </span>

How does the Commander-in-Chief mix these heroes up? He put that medal around Giunta's neck and he stood with Monti's parents as they grieved. These fallen heroes leave such a great legacy, and we should know all their names. The ironic part of the speech, and this comes after the announcement of the politically pressured drawdown of troops in Afghanistan, was Obama's closing remark, "Know that your Commander-in-Chief has your back."

It shouldn't take a teleprompter for the C-in-C to get it right.</span>

llotter
06-24-2011, 07:38 AM
For all those who want to fundamentally change America, The Moron is the perfect CiC. I guess we get the 'leadership' we deserve cause we, the conservatives, are too spineless to do anything about it.

Sev
06-24-2011, 10:02 AM
I am waiting to see who on the left comes to his defense.

eg8r
06-24-2011, 10:34 AM
I am just curious, did you remember who was who before you read that article? I chalk this up as a screw up no more or less. He should have been better prepared but it is just a mistake.

Why are you dropping to such a low level to attack such simple dumb mistakes? You didn't like it as gayle did this relentlessly when Bush was President but now you are doing it with Obama as President? Be above this crap.

eg8r

Sev
06-24-2011, 01:50 PM
I hear ya E.

Its mainly for Gayle. Obama is just as terribly flawed as Bush was in many ways. She just refuses to recognize it.

Yes he should have been more prepared. It was in unfortunate case of dyslexia.

Soflasnapper
06-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Reagan once addressed a gathering of all living Medal of Honor winners who were able to attend.

He told a heart-wrenching story about a B-17 bomber plane that had been badly hit on a mission, where the captain ordered all to parachute to safety. The captain was to be the last to parachute out, but he noticed the ball turret gunner was trapped. He struggled to release him, but could not, and doom approached them both. The young airman told him to leave him there and save himself. The captain refused, saying they'd both go down together. Reagan ended the story by saying only, Medal of Honor, posthumous.

There wasn't a dry eye in the house. But later there were questioning minds. No one had ever heard of that specific Medal of Honor grant, and they'd thought they would have, given how touching the story was.

Upon review of all the records of the CMH winners, no such incident was found. The best match, and theory of what Reagan had been discussing, was the plot line to the movie 'On a Wing and a Prayer,' which was not a documentary, but a fictional movie.

Reagan's far more egregious error does not excuse Obama's slip. Obama's advance work should be held accountable, although to be fair, the advance work might have been done correctly, and then he made a spontaneous error because of a temporary memory mixup.

Still, I'd call mistaking one name for another far more understandable than the elaborate false tale Reagan evidently 'remembered' from the movies (where was HIS advance team in evidence, allowing him to go before those heroes and make that kind of false presentation?).

Sev
06-24-2011, 03:22 PM
I seem to recall that.

Wasnt there an apology tendered later as well.

Soflasnapper
06-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Not exactly.

Later Reagan admitted he'd seen 'On a Wing and a Prayer,' but insisted he'd read of this account somewhere.

He repeated false things so often that Larry Speakes, his press secretary, joked that if he said them 5 times, they became true.

The press corrected endless numbers of them, but then gave up. Even the ones that had been multiply corrected still got repeat tellings from Reagan.

Sev
06-24-2011, 06:14 PM
I think Ronnie did it for fun.
After all he was in the entertainment business.

Soflasnapper
06-25-2011, 05:19 PM
There's no evidence of that, and his consistent telling of false stories as factual stories greatly embarrassed his handlers.

However, he did intimate that myths were important to a nation, and apparently excused telling falsehoods if the moral of the story was a good one. Sort of the noble lie theory.

He once told a tale of how important it was to tell the truth, by telling a lie, about himself. Supposedly he'd made a late running play in a game, with the touchdown enough to win in the last moments of the game, but had realized he stepped out of bounds early in the run. Although the refs missed it, and gave him the game-winning score, he turned himself in, the ball was spotted at the point of out of bounds, and then his team lost the game. And all his teammates appreciated his honesty.

Going back through all the games in Eureka College he'd played in, nothing like this was remotely possible.

eg8r
06-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Is this your version of BBBBUUUTTTTT Bush?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
06-25-2011, 08:26 PM
If you say so.

It was more of a trick construction, actually.

Goes something like this.

Thesis: Only a man who hates the military, or is perhaps a freaking moron, could get such a detail concerning the honoree of a Congressional Medal of Honor. One detail, in his case, mistaking one man for another.

What my historical example showed was a president whom nobody suggests hated the military, constructively insulting the entire gathered body of all living CMH winners able to attend, by comparing their heroism to that of movie character. (To no lasting damage to his reputation, evidently, btw.)

According to the thesis above, this makes Reagan a moron (or more delicately, brain-damaged, and of course, because of a medical condition for which he was not responsible).

As a partial adherent to the SubGenius religion, I believe in slack, cutting everybody some slack, so I am not forced to agree to either claim of the thesis, realizing that people make slight mistakes, even very embarrassing ones that are in the end, slight matters.

Reagan's was considered a very slight matter, as obviously he meant no disrespect, although it is disquieting to see a man as disengaged from reality as to tell that story to that gathering, who was the president at the time.

By comparison then, Obama made no such glaring confabulation, and screwed up in an embarrassing way, let's stipulate.

I guess the difference people see is that we all KNEW Reagan wasn't a genius, whereas Obama is supposed to be just that.

eg8r
06-27-2011, 07:55 AM
Your thesis is seriously flawed if you think calling Obama a moron started when this issue arose.

Other than all the hot air, let's see if we can tidy this up a bit. Obama made a mistake and someone called him out on it. You didn't like the reality of the situation so you thought it might be better to deflect than accept the mistake.

eg8r

Sev
06-27-2011, 11:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I guess the difference people see is that we all KNEW Reagan wasn't a genius, whereas Obama is supposed to be just that.

</div></div>

Obama set the bar very high for himself. He consistently seems to be having difficulty reaching it.

Soflasnapper
06-27-2011, 04:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your thesis is seriously flawed if you think calling Obama a moron started when this issue arose.

Other than all the hot air, let's see if we can tidy this up a bit. Obama made a mistake and someone called him out on it. You didn't like the reality of the situation so you thought it might be better to deflect than accept the mistake.

eg8r </div></div>

screwed up in an embarrassing way, let's stipulate.

someone just recently said.

Sev
06-28-2011, 05:49 AM
Just think. There are 16 months left till the election. The funs just beginning.

LWW
06-28-2011, 05:54 AM
Isn't it amazing.

Another example of how easily the leftist mob is deceived.

Dear leader is a veritable gaffe machine, unable to speak without a tele-prompter, and the bots cheer him for his superior eloquence and intelligence.

Palin tells the truth about Paul Revere and the mob ridicules her.

The O-cult scares me far worse than Obama ... these are dangerous folks.

DickLeonard
06-29-2011, 10:42 PM
SEV he only has 10,000 more to go to catch GWB.. David Letterman had a segment on his show of all his flubs. So he only has 9,999 to go to catch up.

Ronald had Alzheimer, he was always letting Nancy pulling his strings ala Howdy Doody. ####

Sev
06-30-2011, 11:37 AM
I have no doubt that is he up to the task DL.

Its always entertaining to watch no matter who is in the office.

Qtec
07-01-2011, 01:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You didn't like the reality of the situation so you thought it might be better to deflect than accept the mistake.

eg8r </div></div>

That's not what I got from his posts at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reagan's far more egregious error <span style='font-size: 14pt'>does not excuse Obama's slip. </span>Obama's advance work should be held accountable, although to be fair, the advance work might have been done correctly, and then he made a spontaneous error because of a temporary memory mixup. </div></div>

Mistaking one name for another doesn't make you dumb, but this does. link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-3FSUafZqk)

Q

Qtec
07-01-2011, 02:22 AM
So does this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42b4J2HDPv8&feature=related)

Q

LWW
07-01-2011, 03:02 AM
How about THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4-AKcH3eC8)?