PDA

View Full Version : Billiards Channel?

MinnesotaSlim
03-02-2002, 01:49 AM
I have heard rumors of a billiards channel on cable. I have tried to look online but can't seem to find anything. Has anyone else heard of it or is it just smoke and mirrors?

The Slim Man

03-02-2002, 02:19 AM
I wish that was true, I haven't heard of any such channel.

SPetty
03-02-2002, 08:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MinnesotaSlim:</font><hr> I have heard rumors of a billiards channel on cable. I have tried to look online but can't seem to find anything. Has anyone else heard of it or is it just smoke and mirrors?
<hr></blockquote>

Do you know about http://www.thebilliardchannel.com/? Maybe that's what the rumors are about...

Rich R.
03-02-2002, 08:56 AM
There has been mention of some sort of closed circuit TV channel. Pool Rooms can subscribe to it and show it on TV's in house. I don't believe it is available over regular cable TV. Maybe some one else has more details. Rich R.

Ken
03-02-2002, 11:24 AM
The term "channel" seems to suggest something on TV. This may be a dream of theirs but their "network" site says just "coming soon". With them that probably means "maybe in the next 20 years".

Billiardclubtv is another misleading name since it involves subscribing to have videotapes sent to you that you can play. It is indeed TV, however.

There seem to be many with aspirations to get something on TV and it could be done with satellite but the potential audience is too small and the expenses too great to bring it about easily. Ken in CT

Brady_Behrman
03-02-2002, 11:52 AM
None yet...Its on the way though...

www.Billiardclubtv.com (http://www.Billiardclubtv.com)

Brady_Behrman
03-02-2002, 11:56 AM
billiardchannel.com is just a web site that features pool and billiard web based only.

Billiardclubtv.com is working hard on getting on satelite.

I spoke with them a few weeks ago and they are getting closer. They have a great show that they send out on tape monthly. Its like getting a magazine on TAPE. we(Q-Masters) are a member and we love it.

I encourage everyone to check it out! Well worth the money!

Brady Behrman