PDA

View Full Version : Seminole Pro Tour Challenge - Win a free cue

carter1984
06-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Wanted to let everyone know about a cool promotion going on in conjunction with the next Seminole Pro Tour event at Capones in a couple of weeks -

http://www.seminoleprotour.com/seminole-...ed-by-fury.html (http://www.seminoleprotour.com/seminole-pro-tour/2011-seminole-pro-tour-challange-unleashed-by-fury.html)

SpiderMan
06-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Carter,

There is a separate section of the discussion board for tournament announcements - go up one level and you'll see it.

SpiderMan

carter1984
06-29-2011, 06:27 AM
Appreciate the heads up. I honestly thought that since I wasn't actually announcing a tournament, I should post here.

Maybe I should have been more specific in the way it works...folks can pick the winner and runner-up of the next event, and if they are right, they win a cue.

Sort of like 'fantasy pool" in a way.

We are trying to find ways to get people more excited about pool, and paying a little more attention to tournaments like the ones the Seminoles are putting on. They seem to run really good events, open to anyone (men and women, pro and amateur), and add lots of money to the prize funds.

As much complaining as there is in our industry about a lack of a men's pro tour, I am trying to find some ways to get more exposure for a tour I think is about as close to a real "pro" tour as exists right now outside of the WPBA. I've also always felt it would be beneficial to have the men and women competing together.

This is the sixth year the Seminoles have done this tour, and this year is the biggest prize pool they have put together. I fear though, that if the tour and sponsors don't get visibility the tour will cease to exist.

jjinfla
07-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Bought myself a new Honda Ridgeline so I think I will take a ride over to Capones and watch the big boys play this saturday. It's been a while since I have watched them. I see that they have a full field of 80 signed up. A lot of new names (for me anyway). And still a lot of the "old" regulars. Any idea what Rocky is charging to watch? How long has that new format been around? I guess I have been away way too long.

JoeW
07-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Capone's is about one and a half hours from me so I'll be there to watch. Anyone know the cost of admission?

carter1984
07-07-2011, 09:14 AM
I think they are selling VIP seats closet to the matches, but I am not sure if there is a"general admission" charge. Probably best to call Capone's or he Seminole Tour for more information.

jjinfla
07-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Admission was free today and the VIP seats I believe were $20 but they were sold out. First time I have seen this format. No brackets. 80 players. Everyone plays 4 rounds of 10 games getting a point for each win and each Break & Run. At the end of the 4 rounds the top 20 players come back on Sunday to play 40 more games. The first round the player matching is done randomly. 2nd, 3rd & 4th rounds the #1 plays #2; #3 plays #4; #5 plays $6 etc. John DiToro told me Cory Duel came up with this system. I can see where it allows for pretty even matches. No cakewalks after the 1st round. Round 3 had Alex Pagulayan playing Johnny Archer. Alex won 6-4.
Each table had a laptop where the players kept score. the large numbers showing the score could be seen across the room. the scores were then sent to a screen that kept scrolling showing the standings/results in real time. All in all it was a very nice system. I haven't seen Earl this happy in a long time. I hear he is running 4 miles a day to keep in shape.

carter1984
08-02-2011, 08:23 AM
This contest is running again for the Seminole event this weekend at Snookers in Providence RI. Here's a link to the page to enter -

http://www.cuesight.com/seminoleprotourchallenge.html

jjinfla
08-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Any idea where they show who has entered?

carter1984
08-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Are you asking for a list of who entered the tournament or entered the challenge?

On the sign up page there are drop-down menus that list the currently registered players for the tournament. This will be updated all the way up until the entry deadline for the Seminole event on Thursday as I believe there are still a few spots left in the 64 player field.

If you are asking about entries to the challenge and which players got picked to win the most, then there is no published list, although something might be posted Friday once all entries are in.

jjinfla
08-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Ok thanks. I didn't realize that there was a dropdown where you select the player. 55 signed up already. No Earl. Looks like a good strong field.

Rich R.
08-03-2011, 05:48 AM
Is this event sanctioned by the ABP?

Is all of the prize money in escrow?

Will ABP players be seeded?

If the event is not ABP sanctioned, are ABP players boycotting this event?

Inquiring minds need to know.

carter1984
08-03-2011, 07:10 AM
While I can't answer any of those questions, I do know that it is a Mosconi Cup points ranking event, so I don't think any APB player that is looking to be on the Mosconi cup team will be boycotting.

jjinfla
08-03-2011, 11:40 AM
The ABP sanctioned the La tournament and they had 18 players.

The ABP does not make any demands, nor mention sanctioning, of the Seminole tour and they had 80 players last month and most likely will have a full field of 64 this weekend.

Did you notice the prize money offered in the Seminole tour.

Be nice to grandma and grandpa for dropping all those quarters in the slot machines run by the Tribe. They are the ones paying for the tour.

jjinfla
08-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Oh I see that they now have a full field of 64 signed up and Earl Strickland is in it.

Can I get my vote back? I think Earl is due to win one.

I believe they will use straight double elimination brackets with random selection.

carter1984
08-03-2011, 01:35 PM
I think you can re-enter at any time and change your picks. They'll simply use the latest entry so you aren't entered multiple times.

This was not uncommon at the last event as the player field was not finalized until the day before the event started.

Rich R.
08-04-2011, 06:23 AM
I'm just wondering why the ABP requires strick requirements for some tournaments and no for others.

jjinfla
08-04-2011, 07:03 AM
Just like all pool hustlers you have to pick your battles. No pool hustler is going to get into a match he can't win.

carter1984
08-08-2011, 07:48 AM
We have our first ever winner of the Fury Seminole Pro Tour Challenge!

Three contestants picked the correct finals of Van Boening and Appleton so it came down to the tiebreaker.

Congratulations to Kenneth St Jean from Rhode Island, the winner of a brand new Fury pool cue!

His submission came in Aug 3rd, and he nailed the final score exactly!

The next event is in two weeks, at Fiddlestix in Canton, and updates to enter that event will be forthcoming.

carter1984
08-16-2011, 06:14 AM
The next Seminole Pro Tour event is coming up this weekend at Fiddlestix in Canton OH, and the contest has been reset. The player list will continue to be updated until the tournament starts.

carter1984
08-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Today is the last day to enter for the event this weekend at Fiddlestix in Ohio!