PDA

View Full Version : Dear leader puts congress bubbas in their place II

LWW
07-02-2011, 04:09 AM
Two days after scolding congress that they need to stay in DC and do their job, which I actually agree with, and citing his own courageous leadership in always being there doing his job as an example ... something I found tragically humorous ... dear leader explains that he must get away for some R and R.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">President Barack Obama will be taking a break for the Independence Day holiday weekend.

He'll travel to Camp David in western Maryland Friday afternoon, following some morning meetings. </div></div>

OH DEAR! (http://articles.boston.com/2011-07-01/news/29726953_1_camp-david-daughter-malia-morning-meetings)

LWW
07-02-2011, 04:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"It's only been two and a half years. I got five and a half years more to go," </div></div>
Poor, poor Barry. (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/06/30/optimistic_obama_i_got_five-and-a-half_years_more_to_go.html)

LWW
07-02-2011, 04:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First lady Michelle Obama gave a fascinating insight into just how heavily the weight of office rests on her husband's shoulders and how the job of president has taken it's toll.
Speaking at a fund-raiser for the Democratic National Committee in Massachusetts she told of his total dedication to the job and told how she worries about the increasing number of lines on his face
She said: 'I see the worry creasing his face. I hear the passion and determination in his voice.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#ixzz1QwQi7oRG (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2010186/Bararck-Obamas-wife-Michelle-reveals-toll-presidential-office-husband.html#ixzz1QwQi7oRG) </div></div>

Qtec
07-02-2011, 04:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two days after scolding congress that they need to stay in DC and do their job, which I actually agree with, and citing his own courageous leadership in always being there doing his job as an example ... something I found tragically humorous ... dear leader explains that he must get away for some R and R.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">President Barack Obama will be taking a break for the Independence Day holiday weekend.

He'll travel to Camp David in western Maryland Friday afternoon, following some morning meetings. </div></div>

OH DEAR! (http://articles.boston.com/2011-07-01/news/29726953_1_camp-david-daughter-malia-morning-meetings)

</div></div>

OMG...OMG...OMG....OMG...the POTUS is taking a day off??????!!!!! Say its not true.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">President George W. Bush spent even more time away from the presidential mansion in the nation’s capital than Reagan. Of the 77 total "vacation" trips the former president made to his Texas ranch while in office, nine of them — all or part of 69 days — came during his first year as president in 2001, according to Knoller. </div></div>

...and lets not forget that , at that time, the 9/11 bombers were finalising their plans to attack the twin Towers.

Google is a wonderful thing, you should embrace it and accept FACTS!!!!!!!!!!

Lets NOT FORGET THE MEMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> White House releases bin Laden memo

May 19, 2004

The White House declassified and released Saturday the daily intelligence briefing delivered to President Bush a month before the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

The declassified intelligence report said the FBI had detected <span style='font-size: 17pt'>"patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings."</span></div></div>

...and his response was??????????????????????

Q

LWW
07-02-2011, 04:45 AM
And your point is?

I still say one of these would hide your point well:

http://codingpad.maryspad.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/fedora_hats.gif

Soflasnapper
07-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Are you aware that Obama has O'Biden (h/t to Ms. Palin!) running the talks with the leadership?

If he took O'Biden with him, then he would have prevented the meetings from proceeding. Did he do that?

If not, then the meetings can continue just as they are now, with O'Biden taking the administration's part.

Teasing Q for his point(y head?), what was your point?

That O has to be in the room or nothing can proceed? Although he's not been in the room, and his VP has been all along?

LWW
07-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Let me make it so simple even a hyper-partisan nit can follow the seemingly obvious point ... Obama was a hypocrite.

Soflasnapper
07-03-2011, 08:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me make it so simple even a hyper-partisan nit can follow the seemingly obvious point ... Obama was a hypocrite. </div></div>

Says the totally non-partisan commentator? ROFL!

If he insisted the Congressional leadership work over the weekend, AND ON JULY 4th, perhaps there might be some truth to your point.

Since to my knowledge that isn't true, and just like Obama, the leadership involved with these negotiations themselves took the weekend and the holiday Monday off, to no Obama criticism, you do not have anything but partisan jabbing.

He is taking the weekend out of Washington, and at most leaving mid- or late-Friday afternoon, after taking meetings. He will be back on Tuesday, just like the Congressional leaders.

To recap, Obama takes the long holiday weekend off, and LWW declares this violates his call for Congress to work, even though Congress is also off, and Obama did NOT call for them to work over the weekend or on the holiday. Do I have that about right?

LWW
07-04-2011, 04:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://lifeandhealtheditor.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/22/files//2010/10/obama-nazi.jpg

<span style='font-size: 8pt'>I MUST DEFEND DEAR LEADER ...</span>

<span style='font-size: 8pt'>I MUST DEFEND DEAR LEADER ...</span>

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>I MUST DEFEND DEAR LEADER ...</span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>I MUST DEFEND DEAR LEADER ...</span></div></div>

Soflasnapper
07-04-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm sure you can point me to reporting showing that Obama demanded the Congressional negotiators work over this weekend, and while they manned up, and were forced to do so because of O's pressure, that he's abandoned the negotiations?

Well, no you can't, because that wasn't what he was talking about. He was talking about getting this done sooner than later, in the early weeks of July, not waiting until the drop dead date's eve.

I am not defending Obama so much as defending the truth, which you honor so much by using it sparingly, if at all. Your claim of hypocrisy is ill-founded, and almost bespeaks a pathological need to attack Obama at each and every possible moment, that you don't care if the attacks are well-founded or are simply lies.

LWW
07-05-2011, 04:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure you can point me to reporting showing that Obama demanded the Congressional negotiators work over this weekend, and while they manned up, and were forced to do so because of O's pressure, that he's abandoned the negotiations?

Well, no you can't, because that wasn't what he was talking about. He was talking about getting this done sooner than later, in the early weeks of July, not waiting until the drop dead date's eve.

I am not defending Obama so much as defending the truth, which you honor so much by using it sparingly, if at all. Your claim of hypocrisy is ill-founded, and almost bespeaks a pathological need to attack Obama at each and every possible moment, that you don't care if the attacks are well-founded or are simply lies. </div></div>

So just because he said it doesn't mean that he said it?

Soflasnapper
07-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Among your problems is you think things that are said mean things that they don't. You apply a willful misconstruction and claim that it faithfully and accurately represents some report or other.

As when you thought an appellate court's decision declared the Constitution unConstitutional. These are colorful claims that arrest the attention, while mugging the truth.