PDA

View Full Version : So i Notce IPs...

nAz
09-16-2002, 08:16 PM
Are not displayed any longer Is everybody finally Fornicating HAPPY yet?
They are gone from past post also, now what other BS can people here Bitch about hmm.

TomBrooklyn
09-16-2002, 08:51 PM
Wow.
nAz saw it first.
nAz wins.

Well, lets see what happens now.
I hope hordes of infidels don't decend upon us.
This should be interesting.

=TB=

Nostroke
09-16-2002, 10:06 PM
I am very happy to see this change as i know for 100% sure that IP addresses dont identify anyone.

This seems to be the best solution. I was not in favor of forcing registration for the reasons so eloquently put forth by Mr. Steve Lipsky.

Ken
09-17-2002, 07:06 AM
This is a great victory for the anonymice. The recent poll regarding the issue of registration showed overwhelming support for those who choose to violate the policy of prohibiting "abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind". Well, you get what you ask for. I think it's a step in the wrong direction since the IP numbers were useful in situations that did not involve AOL members.

I notice that the webmaster is now deleting spam without leaving a trace. Fortunately I was able to report the spammer to his home site before the post disappeared.

Big brother is protecting us from those who would seek to discover our identity and from the spammers. Will this new policy extend to other abusers? I doubt it.
KenCT

jjinfla
09-17-2002, 07:15 AM
Just when I decided to keep track of the IP's the Webmaster did the prudent thing and removed them. But at last count I noticed three different numbers for Sid. Jake

rackmup
09-18-2002, 06:40 AM
(Sshhh...quiet...come over here. What you don't know is the reason behind why the IP Addresses were removed. I do.)

They are being fed into a centalized computer bank's data base, analyzed by Aliens (possibly under Patrick's supervision) that have been on the Governments's payroll since the early 60's. The facility is located in the desert north of Las Vegas, Nevada in a secret location guarded by the Military Police based out of Nellis AFB...they call it "Area 51" and it is also where Elvis' body is cyrogenically frozen, where Jimmy Hoffa is really buried, is rumored to be the next setting for the reality televison show "Survivor" and where all forgotten teenie-bopper rock stars go after their 15-minutes of fame (the Monkeys, The Partridge Family, key members of the Osmond Family and Tito Jackson have all been employed there at one time or another.)

The IP's are analyzed for various bits of information:

<ul type="square"> Terroristic threats to our Country.
Chemical or Biological warfare.
Aiming systems that do not work.
Tip hardness information.
The real secrets behind the "Predator" myths and their ties to Satanic rituals in Guatemala.
Red and Blue Dot cueballs.
Ivan Simonis: Great Cloth maker or strategically planted Russian Operative?
Terrorist's use of Tofu.
Martha Stewart: Homestyle Diva or ruthless 14:1 opponent?
Anonymous postings to web message boards.
[/list]

Careful people..."Big Brother" is hard at work.

Regards,

"Kenny" (sorry...still living beneath the cloak of an alias until things "cool off")

09-18-2002, 11:22 AM
Im soooooo happy that my IP's not being shown. now i can behave well. be a good boy and post decent remarks.

have you people noticed well behave remarks from many anonymous posts? that's because we have been given some RESPECT!

thanks to you, admi. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif