PDA

View Full Version : A point well made.

Qtec
07-05-2011, 03:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Motorcyclist protesting helmet law dies of head injury .</span>

A motorcyclist riding in a group without a helmet died in an accident when he flipped over his handlebars, Reuters reported. The man, Philip Contos, <u>was bare-headed on purpose the group he was riding with was protesting New York's law requiring that motorcyclists wear helmets.</u>

He died of the head injuries sustained when his skull hit the road.

"The doctor felt that the death could have been prevented if he simply had been wearing a helmet," said New York State Trooper Robert Jureller. "He hit the brakes, lost control, was ejected and struck his head on the road. He suffered a skull fracture." </div></div>

I blame Beck and the other 'less Govt' types.

Poor guy.

Q.. why don't these people get the Head Vs Concrete equation? Concrete wins every time.

Sid_Vicious
07-05-2011, 03:17 AM
I only wear a helmet when it's super cold, or if riding through a state requiring it. People tell me all the time, "I can't believe that you ride a motorcycle in rush hour traffic here in Dallas without a helmet. I've ridden without one for so long, it would be more of a distraction and maybe cause an accident for me now. Temps hitting 100 and 110 or more with the highway heat added...well, it's a steam bath in that skull cap. The liberating feeling of riding a motorcycle in the first place would be mostly lost if I had to wear a helmet all the time. IMO, my senses are much keener w/o the helmet. I respect your opinions against riding without a helmet, I just can't enjoy the experience with one on my head. sid

eg8r
07-05-2011, 07:36 AM
I blame the idiot and fools like you that need the Government to stand in for your lack of common sense.

eg8r

eg8r
07-05-2011, 07:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only wear a helmet when it's super cold, or if riding through a state requiring it. People tell me all the time, "I can't believe that you ride a motorcycle in rush hour traffic here in Dallas without a helmet. I've ridden without one for so long, it would be more of a distraction and maybe cause an accident for me now.</div></div>Has your rate of accidents sky rocketed in the cold months or out of state riding to prove your point or are you just exaggerating ridiculously? The distractions of the helmet are a figment of your imagination due to the fact that you just don't want to wear it. Why make up some excuse that holds no water? Just come out and state the fact that you just don't want to wear one and there is no other reason.

I don't think the Government should be standing in to help people out that have zero common sense.

eg8r

LWW
07-05-2011, 08:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Motorcyclist protesting helmet law dies of head injury .</span>

A motorcyclist riding in a group without a helmet died in an accident when he flipped over his handlebars, Reuters reported. The man, Philip Contos, <u>was bare-headed on purpose the group he was riding with was protesting New York's law requiring that motorcyclists wear helmets.</u>

He died of the head injuries sustained when his skull hit the road.

"The doctor felt that the death could have been prevented if he simply had been wearing a helmet," said New York State Trooper Robert Jureller. "He hit the brakes, lost control, was ejected and struck his head on the road. He suffered a skull fracture." </div></div>

I blame Beck and the other 'less Govt' types.

Poor guy.

Q.. why don't these people get the Head Vs Concrete equation? Concrete wins every time. </div></div>

You actually have a half arsed point there.

I support his right to ride without a helmet.

I also detest the nanny state theory that we somehow owe people to make them whole for their own stupid acts.

The guy made a calculated gamble to risk his life for a slight increase in riding pleasure ... and lost.

Had he lived, I think he should have been saved being that I am a compassionate human being who values human life. I also think that if the state had to foot the bill ... they should come after the idiot for his bike, his car, his savings, his house, his tax returns, his future earnings, and whatever else he may have until his debt has been repaid.

Furthermore, I believe insurance companies such be allowed to write policies which exclude such stupidity.