PDA

View Full Version : It all Starts in One Week The 27th Annual US Open

Tom_In_Cincy
09-16-2002, 08:26 PM
I won't be able to be there until Thursday.. but all of you CCBrs that will be there on Monday the 23rd.. have fun.. anyone come up with a place to meet? let me know.. I will be the grey haired fat guy with glasses.. looking for a One Pocket Game.. (cheap)

9 Ball Girl
09-16-2002, 08:29 PM
Shoot! I won't be getting there 'til Friday! Just in time for the Big CCB Dinner!

Wendy~~sure wishes Naz was going /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
09-16-2002, 08:31 PM
Dinner Plans.. who what where when.. ?

nAz
09-16-2002, 08:51 PM
I need more practice... /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif and hotel room

cueball1950
09-16-2002, 09:17 PM
well if my daughter in law has her baby on time.(due tomorrow) i will be at the Open on Wednesday morning. Where are we having dinner Friday night. Someone suggested the pool hall since they have pretty decent food and maybe we can get some practice in. So what time are we meeting.. Does anybody have any clue......mike

Kato
09-16-2002, 09:21 PM
Voodoo scoped out this resturaunt on the water called aptly, The Resturaunt. It can handle a big party. It's in the archives somewhere.

Kato~~~arriving late Tuesday, early Wednesday.

09-17-2002, 07:19 AM
I recommend the GRATE Steak..You can either cook your own steak on their HUGE grill or have them cook it..Very cool spot and theres one 3 minutes from the Conference Center..The link i attached to this is for the Norfolk Store but you'll would want to go to the Greenbriar / Chesapeake store..This is a locally owned restraunt that is really fun...They have a great salad bar...Have a beer or mix drink by the grill while you cook the steak of your choice..GUARANTEED good time...You can even pick out your own steak..

<a target="_blank" href=http://norfolk.citysearch.com/best/results/84>http://norfolk.citysearch.com/best/results/84</a>

09-17-2002, 07:21 AM
Brady Behrman - Grate Steak Lover!

Eric.
09-17-2002, 07:30 AM
Like Kato said, Voodoo made reservations at a popular local eatery. I suggested everyone meeting at 5:30PM, in the front lobby of the Chesapeake Ctr and then we can go from there. Sound good?

Eric &gt;Mmmmm, foooood...

Rich R.
09-17-2002, 07:42 AM
Voodoo mentioned that he was trying to arrange transportation. I don't know how successful he was, but it was a great idea. It would be worth a few dollars a piece to avoid driving in an unfamiliar area, not to mention finding parking spaces for a number of cars.
Rich R.~~~hopes Voodoo had some success.

Kato
09-17-2002, 08:27 AM
Voodoo has a "way" with people. If he says it will work out, I gotta believe it will.

Kato

Rich R.
09-17-2002, 09:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Voodoo has a "way" with people. If he says it will work out, I gotta believe it will.

Kato <hr></blockquote>
That is good enough for me.
Either way, I appreciate his efforts.
Rich R.

bluewolf
09-17-2002, 10:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rich R.:</font><hr> Voodoo mentioned that he was trying to arrange transportation. I don't know how successful he was, but it was a great idea. It would be worth a few dollars a piece to avoid driving in an unfamiliar area, not to mention finding parking spaces for a number of cars.
Rich R.~~~hopes Voodoo had some success. <hr></blockquote>

i am sooo jeolous of all of you.ww and i were really excited but a financial disaster hit. believe me it had nothing to do with any recent flak.wild horses could not have kept us away but lack of money does. i havent given up totally.maybe one of us can drive down (4 hours )and back in the same day and the other one can stay in dc and doggie sit. ww really wanted to play and meet people. i mainly wanted to meet people.

i know it is going to be a very memorable weekend for all who are coming.

Laura

9 Ball Girl
09-17-2002, 10:20 AM
Mmm...I guess that means Amanda can have your spot in the CCB Tourney which will then move me up a notch.

bluewolf
09-17-2002, 10:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Mmm...I guess that means Amanda can have your spot in the CCB Tourney which will then move me up a notch. <hr></blockquote>

sure amanda can have my slot.

but dont know how that notch thing works,wendy. just know that either you or amanda could cremate me at 9 ball any day of the week.

Laura

9 Ball Girl
09-17-2002, 10:52 AM
Amanda is the 1st alternate and I'm listed as the 2nd. I guess Amanda can take WW's spot and I can take yours or vice versa.

Thierry Layani
09-17-2002, 12:36 PM
I'm leaving from Montreal on friday night (the 20th of course) and I'm planing to stay there the whole week unless the player I'm travelling with loses his first two matches and decides in a moment of frustration to come back sooner. But I doubt he's a damn good player. I'll be staying by the beach though because I need some vacation !!! Anyone staying near the beach? I'm really looking forward to meet all of you talented writers and to shoot some balls.

Thierry Layani (the curly black one speaking french with his favorite canadian players!)
www.layanicues.com (http://www.layanicues.com)

Voodoo Daddy
09-17-2002, 01:13 PM
I need to have a ballpark number of people that want to go to dinner Friday night. I have recived 3 private messeges confirming same. The spot I've choosen is the; www.theinletrestaurant.com. (http://www.theinletrestaurant.com.) Its 20 minutes away on Va.Beach and several of us will have our own sleds to drive...I have directions to the place {I'm a sucker for water veiws, seafood and the food is suppose to be jam-up}. So step up folks...I'm calling Friday night. Oh and Tom...I'll gladly play some cheap Oneholio with ya.

bluewolf
09-17-2002, 04:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Amanda is the 1st alternate and I'm listed as the 2nd. I guess Amanda can take WW's spot and I can take yours or vice versa. <hr></blockquote>

oh then you are both in then,but even if i had been able to come, i would have gladly given my spot to either of you.

shoot like a girl, wendy, damn good.

Laura

Rich R.
09-18-2002, 05:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> I need to have a ballpark number of people that want to go to dinner Friday night. I have recived 3 private messeges confirming same. The spot I've choosen is the; <a target="_blank" href=http://www.theinletrestaurant.com.>www.theinletrestaurant.com.</a> Its 20 minutes away on Va.Beach and several of us will have our own sleds to drive...I have directions to the place {I'm a sucker for water veiws, seafood and the food is suppose to be jam-up}. So step up folks...I'm calling Friday night. Oh and Tom...I'll gladly play some cheap Oneholio with ya. <hr></blockquote>
I'm just confirming that my wife and I would like to break bread with you, Kato and other CCBers.
Also moving this message to the top, so no one misses it. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Rich R.